Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2017 1:56 AM

Oct 2014
well shit I guess I can't use bbt anymore. Nyaa sucks dammit.
They didn't even announce this.
Apr 12, 2017 1:57 AM

Oct 2016
Ultimatedeath said:
_xDane_ said:
I just discovered that kissanime also no longer works for me.

Maybe because you use VPN or something I have to turn that off before entering :3

Still cant... :( Looks like Southeast Asia countries are blocked, their admin posted a topic in the forum.

What's happening lol... bakabt then kissanime. OMG

γ€Œ I was nothing until the moment I met you. 」

Apr 12, 2017 1:58 AM

Oct 2014
_xDane_ said:

use google data saver

Ultimatedeath said:
_xDane_ said:

Maybe because you use VPN or something I have to turn that off before entering :3

kissanime blocked everywhere except na and canada and a few european countries
Apr 12, 2017 2:05 AM

Jan 2015
_xDane_ said:
Ultimatedeath said:

Still cant... :( Looks like Southeast Asia countries are blocked, their admin posted a topic in the forum.

That's really a bad day, and I usually blame Monday all those happenings TwT
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Apr 12, 2017 2:05 AM

Oct 2016
Cnon said:
_xDane_ said:

use google data saver

Will try it, thanks!

I hope it's just a temporary technical issue. >.<

Apr 12, 2017 2:07 AM

Jan 2013
_xDane_ said:
Ultimatedeath said:

KA was first actually, it's been like that since 2 or 3 days ago, dowloading Google Data Compression Proxy add-on fixed that for me.
Apr 12, 2017 2:09 AM

Jan 2015
I bet now more and more people will download after this... :3

The third World War of Downloading Anime have begun >w<
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Apr 12, 2017 2:10 AM

Jan 2015
fuyuki said:
_xDane_ said:

KA was first actually, it's been like that since 2 or 3 days ago, dowloading Google Data Compression Proxy add-on fixed that for me.

I can enter KA when I turn off my VPN but hope there is other alternatives :3

Apr 12, 2017 2:10 AM

Oct 2014
_xDane_ said:
Cnon said:

use google data saver

Will try it, thanks!

sadly it's not. Dmca and removeyourmedia is after them their bots keep deleting videos and their databasa is hacked they use md5 for password hashing. I can't believe this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/KissAnime/comments/5iy7oy/kissanime_admin_this_is_what_happen_to_kiss_sites/
https://www.reddit.com/r/KissAnime/comments/64b9lu/site_closed_heres_why/
Apr 12, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2016
Cnon said:
_xDane_ said:

Will try it, thanks!

sadly it's not. Dmca and removeyourmedia is after them their bots keep deleting videos and their databasa is hacked they use md5 for password hashing. I can't believe this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/KissAnime/comments/5iy7oy/kissanime_admin_this_is_what_happen_to_kiss_sites/

Oh god no.... I guess sooner or later, google dataserver plugin will block it too >.<

Apr 12, 2017 2:15 AM

Oct 2014
_xDane_ said:
Cnon said:

Oh god no.... I guess sooner or later, google dataserver plugin will block it too >.<

it's their fault for having their servers in usa they should move them somewhere else so dmca can't block them.
CnonApr 12, 2017 2:23 AM
Apr 12, 2017 2:20 AM

Jan 2011
TripleSRank said:
The people claiming they're a private tracker now are making assumptions. There's been no announcement, so it may be temporary.

The site was down for some time prior to the current non-member lockout, so it's possible they got DDoS'd somehow and are having to deal with that.
Yeah, I'm hoping it's something like that. Either way it's pretty shitty they aren't giving any announcement.
Apr 12, 2017 2:44 AM

May 2010
Still though, how do you use a website for 10 years and not register even once.

Anyways I couldn't find anything on the forum either about it.
Apr 12, 2017 3:46 AM

Mar 2015
Their twitter says an announcement is coming later today or tomorrow.
Apr 12, 2017 4:51 AM

Jan 2015
DoubleMangekyo said:
Their twitter says an announcement is coming later today or tomorrow.

After considering things out they will make it private but you should register an account they will completely delete the option of downloading any kind of anime/file from their site by just googling it and stuff which have been done in the past :3

I could see them do that -w-

Apr 12, 2017 4:52 AM

Apr 2015
There is an announcement if you log into BakaBT. However, it ends with a request not to post/forward the information to social media.

All I can say is that this likely isn't permanent.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 12, 2017 5:44 AM

Feb 2015
flannan said:
Any idea why this happened?

_Ako_ said:
So now, AB > BBT

Move your asses bitches...

What is "AB", and how good is it?

Ehhh... I think BBT's April Fools became too real... I didn't noticed this at first because I have my account in BBT and haven't DL'ed there for like months now, I think the reason why it happened because of the there's too many users that hits-and-runs torrents in there.

AnimeBytes (AB) is another private tracker that is the rumors have said, much better than any other trackers out there- also much better than BBT. The thing in AB is you need to register( and its fucking damn shitty hard. I got rejected 6 times! For God's sake) or have someone invite you.

AB is good because most series goes in and out there, you name it... Though AB is much strict when it comes to seeding/ratio stuff...

CatSoul said:
There is an announcement if you log into BakaBT. However, it ends with a request not to post/forward the information to social media.

This isn't permanent?

Ohhh what a nice word that is... I just really hope so... BBT is the only thing I have that is pretty good when it comes to 2000s series. Though not all series are there.... :(
Apr 12, 2017 5:56 AM

Mar 2015
Well... FML I guess!
Here's hoping they go public again sometime in the future...
Apr 12, 2017 5:57 AM

Oct 2014
CatSoul said:

too late
https://i.imgur.com/tAvT6VK.png
Apr 12, 2017 6:28 AM

Jul 2016
CatSoul said:

Who gives a fuck? It's important information that's relevant to people who visit the site. They have shit PR and people shouldn't need to "stay tuned for an announcement" as they said on twitter for something they already put out.

Be like the guy above me.
Apr 12, 2017 6:33 AM

Sep 2016
those pirate hunters' life must be so sad that they are doing their best to stop people from having fun
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 12, 2017 6:41 AM

Sep 2009
It's not something they wanted to do.
The announcement in question:
As many of you are now aware, starting yesterday you were faced with a login screen when you tried accessing BakaBT.
This time it is not a prank, we are forced to change our model to a private tracker, and to remove our public component.

The reason for the change is a targeted assault by a copyright agency. Despite our cooperation and ban of the reported titles, they kept spamming our hosting provider with C&D letters because their botched algorithm of detection will report any title that may or may not even be their property, only having a similar name. Their responses were even more amusing claiming rights to images on descriptions, despite the content being made unavailable. Fair use, who ever heard of that.

However, their actions have caused a side effect where our provider, spineless as they always are, gave us an ultimatum to remove our domain from their IP.
It is still uncertain whether or not we will be forced to relocate servers altogether, so if we become inaccessible later today, it means we are most likely relocating.

Sign ups are currently closed, so if you are currently without an account or your account has been pruned, you will be unable to use BakaBT from now on.
There will be a system set in its place, either invite or applications or something similar a bit down the line.
Password recovery will also be included sooner rather than later.

Additionally, please do not post/forward this information to social media and other sites until this matter is handled.
We will post an update on our official channels when we have secured our position and fully resolve the situation.

In general, there's not enough $ at stake in the copyright claims, so they're all automated and only cause trouble for the legit. Doesn't affect pirates at all lel.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 12, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2016
The announcement says they'll be a private tracker from now on. The OP was right.

"There will be a system set in its place, either invite or applications or something similar a bit down the line."

>invite or applications
Apr 12, 2017 6:53 AM

Apr 2012
shaite, should have grabbed that Ranma 1/2 when I had the chance
Apr 12, 2017 6:54 AM

Jan 2013
Ive never used this BakaBT thing. what does it do again?
Apr 12, 2017 7:02 AM

Oct 2016
Klad said:

It was a good public torrent tracker for downloading animes with guaranteed high seeders. Similar to Nyaa but they only upload complete content.

Apr 12, 2017 7:20 AM
Apr 2017
Simple enough Thrash --- I utterly hate having to keep track of hundreds of passwords - so I avoid signing up on sites that require them if at all possible.

There was no need to register, so .......

That said, thnx for checking the forum

If you or anyone else, becomes aware of a way to register
NOW THAT IT HAS BECOME NECESSARY
Please let me know.
Apr 12, 2017 7:24 AM

Oct 2014
I reckon seeding will be harder when the public leechers are removed from the equation. I hope at least the do not upload list is removed for otherwise it'll likely end up as an inferior AnimeBytes (that is, unless they're able to return to being a public tracker of course). I'm lucky I have a lot of files for seeding. Even if my connection's not that great, I can squeeze out a gigabyte in a few hours if the seeding's consistent. I hope they do manage to resolve it, though. It was a great tracker and it'd be a shame to see it lost to the mists of time.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Apr 12, 2017 7:26 AM

Aug 2015
EmptyNest said:
Simple enough Thrash --- I utterly hate having to keep track of hundreds of passwords - so I avoid signing up on sites that require them if at all possible.

There was no need to register, so .......

That said, thnx for checking the forum

If you or anyone else, becomes aware of a way to register
NOW THAT IT HAS BECOME NECESSARY
Please let me know.
Whatever you are looking for to download can be easily found through internet or IRC.You don't have to worry about it.
Apr 12, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2012
BakaBT was trash anyway. Just use Nyaa.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 12, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2009
Klad said:

Basically, bakabt is an anime/manga torrent site, similar to nyaa.
It requires registered users to keep a good seed to leech ratio, which is kind of like a pyramid scheme, but the end result is, torrents usually don't run out of seeders. Ever.
So it is a very good place to look for torrents of old anime, unlike nyaa, which tends to fail on old torrents because of the lack of seeders. It might still fail due to caving in to copyright trolls, but there is always a good chance.
Apr 12, 2017 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Guess I can only view the website and not download since my ratio's gone to shit.
Apr 12, 2017 8:30 AM

Mar 2017
Immahnoob said:
BakaBT was trash anyway. Just use Nyaa.
BakaBT was a pretty popular tracker for hosting old and obscure anime/manga with decent amount of seeders.
Apr 12, 2017 8:35 AM

Jul 2016

>invite or applications

First they cowered in fear of Funimation licenses. Now this.
Apr 12, 2017 8:40 AM

Oct 2016
This is a sad day indeed. It was easy to find nicely seeded torrents from their trackers, even the old shows :(

Apr 12, 2017 8:50 AM

May 2010
With all this reaction I think it's bad that I have never used bakaBT... I even doubt I've heard of it before. I have been using nyaa for years. :D Probably because I rarely watch old ones. In one thread someone mentioned going to make nyaa acc... Maybe I should too...
Apr 12, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
another intrnet mystery never to be solved
Apr 12, 2017 9:03 AM

Jul 2016
ibraheem234 said:

???

The answer is in my post above.
Apr 12, 2017 9:14 AM

Aug 2015
I've never used it before so it doesn't really bother me
Apr 12, 2017 9:15 AM

Feb 2010
CatSoul said:

That's all I need to know to not get a heart attack.

it would basically kill me if I stopped having access to bakabt. I watch a lot of older stuff and get it basically exclusively from there. I'm sure over time the torrents would migrate to nyaa like all the stuff that has been taken down from bakabt, but it would still be a huge pain in the ass and I'd probably have to focus more exclusively on recent titles which would be a shame.

I'd have made an account long ago but I know that with my internet speed it is impossible for me to get a good seed/leech ratio. I basically upload all the time but still can't get more than 0.3-0.4 ratio because I also download half the time too just to keep up with my consumption. Hard to make up for it when I can only upload with ~70KB/s
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 12, 2017 10:07 AM

Jul 2016
It is permanent. Read the announcement. It will be "invite or applications" now.

Apr 12, 2017 10:12 AM

Jan 2016
God now i'm pissed, i found some obscure manga/anime only here :<
Apr 12, 2017 10:35 AM

Dec 2014
IpreferEcchi said:
ibraheem234 said:

???

The answer is in my post above.

Sorry I did not read your post...
thanks for the info...
Apr 12, 2017 10:41 AM
Apr 2013
IpreferEcchi said:

>invite or applications

First they cowered in fear of Funimation licenses. Now this.

Lel, well that sucks for people who use it.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Apr 12, 2017 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
Cnon said:
CatSoul said:

too late
https://i.imgur.com/tAvT6VK.png

welp RIP BakaBT

i hope NyaaTorrents will seed more older shows now if not its time to go back to the old and trusted IRC/XDCC downloading
Apr 12, 2017 4:39 PM

Oct 2016
IpreferEcchi said:
It is permanent. Read the announcement. It will be "invite or applications" now.

Oh god... this is such a heart-break </3

Apr 12, 2017 5:01 PM

Jun 2010
Anyone here with AB invites altruistic enough to share one?
I won't get your ass banned, swear to whatever god you believe in.

Bakabt fuckers pruned my account and I need to finish Ranma and Tsubasa Chronicle.
As expected nyaa doesn't seed anything older than 5yo and ru isn't helping.
Hope they drop dead.
Apr 12, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
Welp, I tried to register some time ago but they didn't let me in, so fuck them anyways. Which is bad because I think they've got old and not that known series which Nyaa doesn't have or they just have dead ones.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2017 5:16 PM

Jul 2014
xbobx said:

Bakabt fuckers pruned my account and I need to finish Ranma and Tsubasa Chronicle.
Hope they drop dead.

Is AB even alive still? I think they haven't even opened their application link in years...
Apr 12, 2017 5:21 PM

Jun 2010
OppaiSugoi said:
xbobx said:

Hope they drop dead.

Is AB even alive still? I think they haven't even opened their application link in years...

Not only they are alive but likely way better off than bakabt.
I know of at least two people with accounts there, though unfortunately their internet sucks which means no invite for me.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.