Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 12, 2013 4:09 PM
Mar 2012
Touka said:
I still think Takumi is all talk. As Akolatronic said, he can't be trusted just yet.

This and Hachi.... That girl really makes it hard to feel bad for her! She's such a fIckle person. There was so many things she could've done to prevent this from happening and there she goes again... making mistakes. Also Junko might have come off bitchy when she yelled at Hatchiko, but hey if she didn't yell at her, she probably wouldn't have listened. I really can't stand Hachi's bullshit but I somehow feel sorry for her in a way.

Hmm, Shouji sure dodged a bullet there right? hehe, I'm a dick but I just had to put it out there.
Jan 16, 2013 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
The capricious personality of Hachiko is almost unforgivable.
Feb 16, 2013 8:21 AM

Jan 2012
Seriously? This awesome show really came to a point like this? Her decision is to marry Takumi? Not to mention she doesn't know who's kid is that for sure...Anyway, I lost the mood to watch this show, need a break lol.

Mar 8, 2013 12:21 PM
Jan 2013
mylovelyfate said:

It's silly to still be thinking that Hachiko's doing what's best for her; she's doing what's best for her baby now. The whole time I've been monitoring these discussion boards and there are COUNTLESS people talking about how selfish Hachi is. And the moment she sacrifices her happiness for someone elses life, she still gets reprimanded. Give the girl a break. She's in a very difficult position, and I think saying, "Be with Nobu! Fuck Takumi! Get an abortion!" is easier said then done.

This. But still she sooo should talk it over with Nobu, though it would make him love her more, and get more complicated (of course she couldn't tell him she's getting married).

Codege-ass1 said:

Also Junko might have come off bitchy when she yelled at Hatchiko, but hey if she didn't yell at her, she probably wouldn't have listened.

Well, I hoped for more from Junko, she actually kinda made Hachi to go for Takumi, instead she might have said that she shouldn't make any decision before going to Nobu, and a serious talk, coz' now she's just ignoring the one she loves and the one she SCARIFIES for.

Also, Takumi is still being kind of selfish...He's marring her because she would spoil the beans? And it would earn him a bad press? Come on!
Mar 19, 2013 6:55 PM
Mar 2010
--third time rewatching this series--

I still agree with everything I previously said. But man, I was reading the comments on the site that I watch this show on and they were hella annoying. I can't stand it when people call Hachi a whore. She's NOT a whore. Getting pregnant doesn't make someone a whore. Sometimes it just happens. Remember that episode when Shin was telling Nobu that he idolizes women too much? He says something like, "I don't think that the girls that go with me are easy. They're just lonely." We all make mistakes, and sometimes we have to pay for the consequences. Sometimes those consequences are hefty ones. Notice how Shin has admittedly been sleeping with loads of women (for money, at that) and NO ONE calls him a whore. The only thing that Hachi should be condemned for is not using protection. That's where her mistake lies. Like I said in my previous post, it's not just her happiness that she has to realize anymore. The only reason we're pissed that she's choosing Takumi over Nobu is because we honestly don't care for the baby and we want everything to stay as is. Well fuck guys, life happens. And while Hachi does annoy me a bit during this arc, this anime imitates life so well. Sometimes the decisions that you have to make in life aren't easy ones. Lol anyway, I digress. The only reason I'm posting again is because the implication that Hachi's a whore because she got pregnant is an ignorant one. The implication that any women who's slept with a man without a formal commitment is an ignorant one. Stop this.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Jul 21, 2013 1:48 PM

Jun 2011
I seriously thought that Nana was talking about Yasu at the beginning... but I guess it's actually Hachi? I guess I pathetic for saying this but I was actually hoping for some NanaxNana

I'm beginning to see Takumi in a better light now, it's probably just his selfishness/pride/possessiveness, but I can't help but have some respect for him for taking responsibility.

I feel bad for Nobou though =(
Aug 7, 2013 5:04 AM

Dec 2012
She really only seemed like she wanted Nobu's characteristics and not him. She just wanted a reliable guy to hold her at all times... Which Takumi didn't do at first, so she turned to Nobu. I guess Takumi just didn't know what to do since this was his first time being infatuated with a girl for real.. took long enough. At least he's willing to marry her. Hope things work out for the best. I hope Nobu and BAST will make it big ;A; everyone please stay friends omg awww ;~;
Sep 10, 2013 10:25 AM
Jul 2013
I'm kind of relieved that things turned out the way they did. It's true that nana will be happier with nobu but in the end nobu will have to give up his dream to raise the kid. Takumi on the other hand won't have any time for nana but they will have the money to raise the kid. No matter how you look at it, it's a win lose situation
Oct 9, 2013 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
I actually agree with Hachi *gasp*. She did the right thing by picking Takumi but I feel like crying over Nobu.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Dec 30, 2013 10:52 PM
Apr 2012
am i only the only one happy takumi is going to be with hachi??? i feel sorry for nobu but ive been shipping takumi and hachi since they met even though he was using her at first.
Jan 14, 2014 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
^

I agree with you. Nobu and Hachi is a cute couple but for me, being with Takumi is much better maybe because he is older, he knows what to do in certain situation and he is wise considering what he did on his past decisions.

Maybe he also wants to settled. He said some episodes ago that he has no time for women, that he keeps on working but now that he met Hachi, maybe she finds peace with her
Jan 19, 2014 9:08 AM

Oct 2013
bluyellpink said:
am i only the only one happy takumi is going to be with hachi??? i feel sorry for nobu but ive been shipping takumi and hachi since they met even though he was using her at first.

Nope I am to. Right now Takumi could take care of them. The other pairing is immature.
Jan 26, 2014 7:23 AM

May 2012
It sucks to be Nabu right now... but yea it looks like Nana will go back to Takumi and perhaps even marry him? Well I still find it stupid she doesn't just abort the baby... but oh well let's see what's next!
Jan 28, 2014 2:18 AM
Jan 2014
Chelle said:
Xinil said:[/b said:
Nana and Yasu? I don't think there's anything going on between those two. Yasu is Nana's big brother imo.

Lust is evil, mmmhmm.</div>

Did you not catch that ENTIRE intro... where she said... that when she was having troubles... or feeling bad... that Ren wasn't the one she wanted to go to??? Hahaha... open your eyes, young one!!! Yasu and Nana are sooooo gonna wind up together. If I'm wrong... I'll... I'll...

If I'm wrong... I'll make Aokaado eat his hat!!! (And I'll even have Arixx whip up a special sauce or gravy for him)!! Yeah... that's it!!!

Nana seems too confused to end up with Yasa at this point. Maybe after the story ends and (hopefully) everybody has everything figured out, who they are and how they feel, Nana could end up Yasa.
Feb 7, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
I like how Takumi is willing to marry Hachi... but Hachi needs to get her shit together. REALLY. It's so annoying how she acts so immature and cries over everything. COME ON KOMATSU!
Feb 7, 2014 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
Fierce_Deity22 said:
bluyellpink said:

Nope I am to. Right now Takumi could take care of them. The other pairing is immature.

I COULDN'T POSSIBLY AGREE MORE! :)
Apr 9, 2014 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Mixed feelings. For the sake of the baby, yeah I think going with Takumi is the better choice. Nobu can't possibly support both Hachi and the baby and I don't think Hachi would let Nobu throw away his dreams for them. Still, what about love?! T___T

"Hachi and I are both women. That's why it's so frustrating."

I'm not really sure how to interpret that. Is Nana really just attached to Hachi as a very close friend or is there something else but she just doesn't want to acknowledge it? Borderline damn it >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 5, 2014 5:11 AM

Jan 2014
I don't know what I'd do in a situation like this and who I'd love more...
But considering the situation, the best for her would be to stick up with
Takumi. Nobu will eventually get over it, probably. I don't think Hachiko
is able to deeply love somebody, like Nobu loves her... so... this is ok :)
Jun 24, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2013
shewanie said:
TT__TT

:*(
Oct 29, 2014 11:35 PM

Sep 2014
So...how does Nana really feel about Hachi? In the beginning commentary, I think she's talking about Hachi instead of Yasu. Also, her reaction to Hachi's pregnancy was a little overboard (it's almost like she's jealous, not because she's pregnant but because it's Takumi's). She even thinks she's scary herself for wanting to keep Hachi close by putting a collar on her. Then, in this episode in the ending narration, she's saying how they're both women and "maybe that's why this feels so frustrating" and how she will gently protect her and wish for her happiness.

P.S. that cat was so cute!!!!!!!~
Nov 15, 2014 8:04 PM

Oct 2013
Takumi might not be the guy Hachi wants,but it's the one she need's right now. Eventually,she might come to love him just as much,especially since he accepts her for what she is. Nobu's a great guy but he's also naive,put's certain girls on a pedestal and could be seen as a white knight feminist and while under different circumstances he would've been a great choice for Hachi,he's not what she need's right now. And as Junko said,this is probably better for him as well,not to mention that this is an experience he'll learn from and become more mature & understanding(hopefully) due to it.

Now,I'm not even counting out the possibility that Takumi might leave Hachi in the future,even thought he'll still provide for the child which tbh ,is nothing uncommon for a lot of famous stars out there. Hachi herself might not rule out that possibility either but even so,Takumi is what she & what her baby need right now so her choice is very much understandable.
Dec 9, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
I hope she gets back with Nobu :(
Jan 31, 2015 8:22 PM

Oct 2013
I agree that Nana made the best choice available to her. I'm glad she didn't abort the baby; she actually properly owned up to her mistakes.

Still don't trust Takumi though. I don't really see how a womanizing playboy like Takumi could just quit that lifestyle so suddenly.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 15, 2015 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Hachiko and Nobu were honestly better off, but it seems that she'll go back to Takumi. Never thought he'd ask for marriage.
Mar 28, 2015 8:15 PM
Jul 2014
Well, this is getting weird!! Takumi is just too good to be true! I knew he was OK, but this is getting too far! I'm feeling series begun to address us guys - saying how we should be, doing the wright thing so it should be Shounen and not Shoujo, lol!!!
Really girls,don't buy it, it's far greater chance that guy will flight then fight...
Apr 2, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
Annoying episode. Quite uneventful and that shitty ship sails?
ehh, poor Nobu
Jun 3, 2015 4:45 PM

Mar 2015
Takumi is really interesting.
Was good that someone finally tried to lecture Hachi...
Jun 22, 2015 9:43 AM

May 2013
I hate Takumi.
Jun 26, 2015 9:26 PM

Apr 2013
Most sickenin NTR I ever seen. This kinda shit more fucked up than any of the forced gore scenes or pseudo dramatic deaths they be tryna put in some anime.

Nobu was sprung over Hachi and then hadda find out not only did Takumi get the box before him but he hadda hear em badmouth her in the bar or whatever, and then got his hoe card pulled and didn't hit dude.

Fast foward....Nobu finally gets to be with Hachi and then the pregnancy bullshit come up and Takumi disrespect him, plus Hachi start feelin Takumi again while Nobu walks off

THEN Takumi decides he wanna marry Nana and she go along with it and Nobu gon have to take that L too even if its his kid who another man took from him along w/ the girl he was feelin

That's fucked up, true netorare shit right there. I can't...Lmao..an anime never pissed me off this much.

Nobu let another man pull his hoe card, speak down on him, take his girl and (possibly) his child and aint even get a hit in on dude once through this whole scenario.

Im pissed at Hachi for that bullshit she doin, Im pissed at Takumi because he a faggot, Im pissed at Nobu because he acted like a hoe and let Takumi hand him Ls on a silver platter while he walked away with everything he came to love.

Not sayin Nobu is 100% to blame or nothin, I like Nobu but thats some bullshit. He let dude make him play the pussy in the situation and aint do a damn thing about it.

Ion care if you fuckin broke, gotta quit music, or what...you let another man do all the aforementioned shit to you and didnt even throw hands once. Thats sad B...real sad. Shit got me mad as hell to be honest.

Nobu let Takumi shit on em and take his girl, and potential seed, and DIGNITY w/ him.

This NTR shit is serious business...Smh...
Jun 26, 2015 9:29 PM

Apr 2013
Thats how the game go tho...Hachi aint have to let Takumi hit it and play her like a jumpoff. It'd be different if it was a rape situation but she willingly played the girl who ready to give the box to the famous dude, and then try to get down on herself talm bout "I don't want so and so to think Im a slut"

Fuck outta here with that bullshit. Smfh this anime make me so mad
Jul 2, 2015 1:43 PM
May 2015
Poor Nobu... If Nana was male she will be a perfect match for Hachi.
Sep 7, 2015 5:12 AM

May 2014
Takumi sure was impressive this episode...
Oct 16, 2015 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
Wow,Takumi is pretty much handing Nana1 her dream on a platter.I'm surprised he put mariage on the table. In Nana1's situation, I can totally see her accepting it what with Takumi essentially being in the moment of convenience.

At times,I forget that there are stable people in the series such as Yasu,Kyouske and Junko.They are really awesome people and I love how they try to support the weaker people around them.

Well at least i understand now why Nana left things with Nobu the way she did.She wants to protect him and not get him involved in her mess.I really hope Nobu will be fine.
Oct 23, 2015 6:39 PM

Oct 2013
As Mr Einstein said "Only two things are infinite, the universe and Hachi's stupidity."
Dec 16, 2015 5:20 AM
Jun 2013
This has gotten so messed up. I've lost complete faith in Hachiko. How could she do that to Nobu?! He did nothing but love her and she goes to the asshole.
Jan 16, 2016 4:46 PM
Sep 2014
Can someone explain to me what Nana was so torn up about in this episode and the last? Like, how come Hachi's pregnancy affected her (Nana) so much? Was there something that I missed or...?
Mar 19, 2016 8:42 PM

May 2010
Man, this really is a hopeless situation...

On the one hand, I didn't expect Takumi to be this serious about her child. On another, I don't really approve of her decision, to keep the baby... If I was in her place, I would most probably go with abortion. You only have one life to live, you know. That's a big sacrifice.

Poor Nobu...
Mar 28, 2016 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
Damnit, this pro-life crap bums me out. Talk her out of it, Nana!
Apr 5, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2014
Chelle said:

Did you not catch that ENTIRE intro... where she said... that when she was having troubles... or feeling bad... that Ren wasn't the one she wanted to go to??? Hahaha... open your eyes, young one!!! Yasu and Nana are sooooo gonna wind up together. If I'm wrong... I'll... I'll...

If I'm wrong... I'll make Aokaado eat his hat!!! (And I'll even have Arixx whip up a special sauce or gravy for him)!! Yeah... that's it!!!

Lol I know it really old post but I am hoping that you made all you said when you will be wrong after watching the series till end.
Black Nana didn't say anything about going to someone, she meant that she feels best with white Nana aka Hachiko.
But maybe you watched this anime without subs it was so many years ago.

Anyway I like this episode, Junko is rly wise. Takumi wanting to marry white Nana is another selfish thing he can't love anyone. He will be bad husband but I think it should be this way, white Nana deserves this. Nobou should forget about her.

But I don't think it is over yet... She still didn't tell Nobou anything.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 23, 2016 8:04 PM

May 2014
Can Hachi even redeem herself after this shit? lol. Such painfully frustrating decision making, got damn.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Jun 13, 2016 5:48 PM
Dec 2014
Well. Hachi's made some pretty stupid mistakes throughout this anime but this takes the cake. Everything really has gone to shit now. I don't like the way this anime is going in all honesty anymore. It's turning into a bit of a train wreck. I mean, the happy ending is just getting more and more out of sight and I swear to God if she doesn't end up with Nobu I'll actually cry. Like literally just when shes finally happy and actually fallen for someone she has to go and get pregnant. And not only that, she decides to keep it. Like seriously?! The writer really wanted to torture this character huh.
I could tell something bad was going to happen from the start but I never expected this... plot wise this is v.worrying... I'm interested in how they're going to take it from here though.
Jun 13, 2016 6:07 PM
Dec 2014
IAteTheRamen said:
Can someone explain to me what Nana was so torn up about in this episode and the last? Like, how come Hachi's pregnancy affected her (Nana) so much? Was there something that I missed or...?

Nana's got massive insecurities about people who she cares about leaving her for TrapNest and also a strong feeling to possess those who she cares for like Ren with the padlock necklace. Her boyfriend left her group for TrapNest and the idea of Hachi leaving to be with someone from TrapNest frightens her. She thinks that he's taking Hachi away from her and she can't stand it. Plus, she'd just sorted it out that Hachi would be with Nobu which would have kept her close to the group forever. Again a possess thing, only to hear that all means very little now Hachi's pregnant.
She's also never had any real friends who are girls which is why instead of understanding that being friends with Hachi will mean they'll never be separated properly if they're truly that close, she wants to 'put a collar on her, to make sure she never leaves.
Jul 4, 2016 1:46 AM
Sep 2014
ExoticPineapple said:

Nana's got massive insecurities about people who she cares about leaving her for TrapNest and also a strong feeling to possess those who she cares for like Ren with the padlock necklace. Her boyfriend left her group for TrapNest and the idea of Hachi leaving to be with someone from TrapNest frightens her. She thinks that he's taking Hachi away from her and she can't stand it. Plus, she'd just sorted it out that Hachi would be with Nobu which would have kept her close to the group forever. Again a possess thing, only to hear that all means very little now Hachi's pregnant.
She's also never had any real friends who are girls which is why instead of understanding that being friends with Hachi will mean they'll never be separated properly if they're truly that close, she wants to 'put a collar on her, to make sure she never leaves.

Ah, thank you! I never made the connection! It definitely makes sense to me now. I was worried that I didn't pay enough attention to an episode and literally missed an important piece of information lol.
Jul 14, 2016 4:12 PM
Mar 2016
F U C K S H O J I

F U C K T A K U M I
Jul 26, 2016 8:55 AM

Nov 2015
Guys, Happy Nana isn't going to die while she gives birth, stop it! I mean, she can't! And I hope she is only marring Takumi to avoid bothering Nobu, not because she is still that stupid she thinks she loves her.
Aug 6, 2016 4:42 PM

Jun 2016
Takumi is my husbando. Y'all don't have good taste in your boys.
Dec 30, 2016 8:08 PM

Sep 2015
Officially switching to TakumiXNana from NobuXNana.
Mar 2, 2017 7:53 PM

Mar 2015
I still feel there are selfish ultimatums behind Takumi's perceived kindness and willingness to make take on such responsibilities
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 6, 2017 2:34 AM

Nov 2016
My opinion about Hachiko is the most controversial I ever had about an anime character.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2018 9:41 AM

Jan 2013
I dont get the Takumi hate. He's a great guy. I like Nobu but Hachi is better off with Takumi
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Nov 19, 2008

70 by Commandtwt »»
Sep 15, 8:00 AM

» Who is the worst character in Nana? ( 1 2 )

Yuki_Nonaka - Feb 10, 2017

71 by Raiseii »»
Sep 13, 12:19 PM

» So I just finished the Nana anime…

Krystopher - Aug 24

21 by falko92 »»
Sep 9, 3:56 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 16, 2008

77 by ann_sordo »»
Sep 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

400 by hadasilv »»
Sep 3, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.