Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2017 7:30 AM

Jan 2009
@MRC_mod
Sorry for the late reply - I was offline all this time. Also, thank you for looking into my earlier question.
Jan 8, 2017 7:36 AM

May 2016
MemeAlchemist said:
Any manga adapted to CD drama and/or manga based on real person?

The only ones I can think of the top of my head that were Drama CDs are:
Issho ni Gohan - they did an anthology + two volumes.
Diabolik Lovers - It began as a Drama CD series.
Jan 8, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2008
@MRC_mod Thank you, after I posted I figured that was the case. I'll probably try to find something else, but I'll keep this option in mind just in case.
Jan 8, 2017 10:01 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Two days ago (or was it yesterday?), I did an Excel to help myself with the Anime Watching Challenge and, since I think it turned up pretty useful, I offered @AWC_mod to share it. After seing that it was ok, they asked me to adapt it for the Manga Reading Challenge and post it here to see if @MRC_mod thinks the same way.

I wrote a complete pdf guide (which is only a page and a half, images included) to explain everything. It's made for the AWC, but the MRC sheets work exactly the same way, so there should be no confusion. I'll also post a quick use guide here if you don't feel like opening it.

With this Excel you'll be able to easily keep track of both your Anime and Manga Challenges, as well as semi-automatically write your posts for the challenge list.

Here's the link to the Excel file.

If you have some doubts about how to use it, you found something which could be improved/added (or you did it yourself), or want to give feedback of some kind, feel free to mention me in this thread. If someone is crazy enough to send me an Excel sheet with all the bingo cards available, I could be crazy enough to automatise the process.

Changelog:
Conde_MohrJan 10, 2017 4:59 AM

Jan 8, 2017 10:45 AM

Jan 2012
Can anyone recommend me some manga for these challenges:
15. Read a manga serialized in a josei magazine
49. Read a manga centered around folklore or mythology
51. Read a manga based on real event or person

Also, I need confirmation about some of the challenges:
09. Read a manga by a female author/artist <- Is CLAMP eligible for this challenge?
61. Read a manga that another user has read for this challenge <- Does this mean I can pick any manga read by an MRC participant?
Jan 8, 2017 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
CodingSession said:
Can anyone recommend me some manga for these challenges:
15. Read a manga serialized in a josei magazine

I chose Himitsu no Juliet for this one
Jan 8, 2017 11:33 AM

Feb 2014
CodingSession said:

61. Read a manga that another user has read for this challenge <- Does this mean I can pick any manga read by an MRC participant?

Yes, but no just any, one that they have completed in their challenge, aslo link to their sing-up form.
Jan 8, 2017 11:51 AM

Nov 2007
delija9091 said:
Can someone recommend me a Manga for 49 (Read a manga centered around folklore or mythology) or 60 (Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread)? Preferably under 40 chapters.

Mahoutsukai no Yome is the first folklore/mythology based manga that comes to mind.

Also, can anyone recommend any random manga, for 60? I'll read about anything, as long as it's good.
Jan 8, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
@MuzikalNotes
Try this > https://myanimelist.net/manga/3731/Solanin

I also need a rec for 60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread
someone please help :)
Jan 8, 2017 12:30 PM

Nov 2007
@virtual_core
I've been meaning to read that for a while, but keep on forgetting about it. As thanks, I'll throw out a recommendation for Bokurano, although if you want something shorter, I could also do that.
Jan 8, 2017 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
So excited to be participating in the challenge again, last year's was great! I'm getting my reading list started early, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a manga that's under 10 volumes to read. I'm open to all genres, but I typically read a lot of shoujo and josei because they're short, if that helps.

Thank you, and happy new year!
Jan 8, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2014
MuzikalNotes said:
@virtual_core
I've been meaning to read that for a while, but keep on forgetting about it. As thanks, I'll throw out a recommendation for Bokurano, although if you want something shorter, I could also do that.

thanks but please something shorter, I already have a lot of manga with +10 volumes to read
Jan 8, 2017 1:15 PM

Jan 2017
@Conde_Mohr That actually sounds pretty useful! I'll be adding it to the FAQ as a tool that participants can use. Thank you for sharing this. I may use it myself as well!

@CodingSession Yes, CLAMP would be eligible for the female author item from the challenge list.
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jan 8, 2017 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
VongolaTempesta said:
So excited to be participating in the challenge again, last year's was great! I'm getting my reading list started early, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a manga that's under 10 volumes to read. I'm open to all genres, but I typically read a lot of shoujo and josei because they're short, if that helps.

I'd like to recommend some:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/418/Mushishi
https://myanimelist.net/manga/28393/Sakamichi_no_Apollon
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1363/Aoi_Hana (This s shoujo ai)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/3105/Hatsukanezumi_no_Jikan
Jan 8, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
I'm having trouble finding a Gekiga, the ones that are catching my attention, can't be found :/ especially Kamui Den
Jan 8, 2017 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
virtual_core said:
MuzikalNotes said:
@virtual_core

thanks but please something shorter, I already have a lot of manga with +10 volumes to read

maybe this https://myanimelist.net/manga/28226/Bonnouji
Jan 8, 2017 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
@oberstein thx, I'll go with it
Jan 8, 2017 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
fatebleach said:
I'm having trouble finding a Gekiga, the ones that are catching my attention, can't be found :/ especially Kamui Den

My fav' gekiga author is Kazuo Kamimura.
His only manga available with a scan is Lady Snowblood. Well… he did the art, the story was done by someone else.
It's a good action gekiga.

If you're into samurai stuffs, there is the gekiga from Hiroshi Hirata. I know him from reputation, I have yet to read one of his works.

Still action-oriented, but more modern, you have Golgo 13, a cult classic. The scanlation is dropped, but it's episodic anyway.

If you want to try a social gekiga, there is Red Elegy.

Otherwise, Tezuka did some gekiga too, like Ayako, MW and some others.
removed-userJan 8, 2017 2:19 PM
Jan 8, 2017 2:19 PM

Aug 2015
oberstein said:
VongolaTempesta said:

I'd like to recommend some:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/418/Mushishi
https://myanimelist.net/manga/28393/Sakamichi_no_Apollon
https://myanimelist.net/manga/1363/Aoi_Hana (This s shoujo ai)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/3105/Hatsukanezumi_no_Jikan

Thank you for the recommendations, all of them look great and I'll have to read them later, but for the challenge I'm going to go with Sakamichi no Apollon. Have a great day! :)
Jan 8, 2017 2:24 PM

Dec 2011
@delija9091
Throwing out more options here:

Olimpos if you like Greek mythology + it's a quick read.
I wonder if Gugure! Kokkuri-san passes for folklore? It's a 4-koma that feels like a parody on japanese folklore using anime tropes.
Jan 8, 2017 2:28 PM

Jun 2015
Can somebody help me with #60?
> Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant
Jan 8, 2017 2:45 PM

Nov 2012
ixaa said:
Can somebody help me with #60?
> Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

Cat Street if you like shoujo :>

Can someone recommend me some manga for #60?
Please :>
lemmaJan 8, 2017 5:01 PM
Jan 8, 2017 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
lemma said:
Maybe you could try:

Twin Spica (seinen)
Haruka na Machi e (seinen)
Bitter Virgin (seinen)
Savage Garden (shojo)
Immortal Rain (shojo)
Petshop of Horrors (josei)
Jan 8, 2017 7:39 PM

Nov 2012
yazio said:
lemma said:
Maybe you could try:

Twin Spica (seinen)
Haruka na Machi e (seinen)
Bitter Virgin (seinen)
Savage Garden (shojo)
Immortal Rain (shojo)
Petshop of Horrors (josei)

wow! Thank you for the recommendations! I'll go with Immortal Rain.
Jan 8, 2017 9:25 PM

Oct 2008
Here I am to ask you to help me and recommend me a manga (60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread) :)
Jan 8, 2017 9:41 PM

Jul 2016
Read a manga that has inspired or been adapted to cd drama

Help with this!
Jan 8, 2017 10:43 PM

Apr 2013
@SilverDio
Prunus Girl, Waratte! Sotomura-san, and Onanie Master Kurosawa are some good ones.

@kitii7
Maybe Fullmetal Alchemist that's on your PTR, Heads by the author of Ikigami, Liar Game, or Pandora Hearts, could be to your liking. :)
Jan 9, 2017 4:35 AM

May 2016
Hi any recommendations for #60?
My only conditions are that it's complete and short, say less than 100 chapters. Genres i dont mind as long as its not full on disturbing horror where people die in horrible ways.
Jan 9, 2017 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
pockyrin said:
Hi any recommendations for #60?
My only conditions are that it's complete and short, say less than 100 chapters. Genres i dont mind as long as its not full on disturbing horror where people die in horrible ways.

Hum… Tsuki no Ko?
One of my last "hidden gem" read. Loved it. 💕
Jan 9, 2017 7:02 AM

May 2015
Hi guys! Can you help me with this one?

Read a manga one-shot that became a prototype for a longer series (*) - I looked for Death Note chap 0 but couldn't find it D: any other rec?

Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field - need rec without sports please xD

Also if anyone needs recommendations, here are mine:

Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen
Bloody Monday
Hapi Mari
Private Prince
Jan 9, 2017 7:46 AM

Apr 2013
Ruu said:

Read a manga one-shot that became a prototype for a longer series (*) - I looked for Death Note chap 0 but couldn't find it D: any other rec?

Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field - need rec without sports please xD

Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen
Bloody Monday
Hapi Mari
Private Prince

I'd recommend to keep looking for it, it's available in manga sites, usually as chapter 0 in the main series page. Other examples are listed in the FAQ :)

About the main character that is a profesional in his field, this is one I liked: Shigeshoushi/The Embalmer
Jan 9, 2017 8:30 AM

May 2015
HeNrYTG50 said:
Ruu said:

Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen
Bloody Monday
Hapi Mari
Private Prince

I'd recommend to keep looking for it, it's available in manga sites, usually as chapter 0 in the main series page. Other examples are listed in the FAQ :)

About the main character that is a profesional in his field, this is one I liked: Shigeshoushi/The Embalmer

Thanks! I'll read the FAQ and your rec! The story looks interesting :)
Jan 9, 2017 2:21 PM

May 2015
Hey, need some recs for #60 please?
Something completed, and not romance centered. Thank for the help in advance.
Jan 9, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2016
Hi! Can someone please give a recommendation? :)
- Completed
- Slice of Life/Romance/Fantasy/Comedy
- Solid characters
Jan 9, 2017 3:08 PM

Oct 2007
@TakeruChan maybe Hatsukanezumi no Jikan?

@windmillness not sure if it'd be up your alley, but what about Prunus Girl?

You guys can also wait until someone else recs you a different title though. Just an option.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 9, 2017 3:19 PM

May 2015
tsuyokunaru said:
@TakeruChan maybe Hatsukanezumi no Jikan?

You guys can also wait until someone else recs you a different title though. Just an option.

Seem interesting. I'll read it, thanks for your help.
Jan 9, 2017 3:20 PM

May 2016
tsuyokunaru said:

Thanks! Though I am not sure about the 'Gender Bender' thing :)
Maybe I'll wait for another option.
Jan 9, 2017 3:54 PM

Jul 2014
@MRC_mod here some badges donations :)
virtual_coreJan 10, 2017 4:50 AM
Jan 9, 2017 7:15 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Okay I got stuck with these two which I am always bad with figuring anything out for. So, any recommendations for either would be great. Thanks.

<27>. Read a manga one-shot that became a prototype for a longer series
<26>. Read a manga based on a one-shot that got serialized
Jan 9, 2017 8:46 PM

Oct 2008
@windmillness How about Beniiro Hero or Koukou Debut since they're already on your PTR list?

@Brand

MRC_mod said:
"Where can I find manga that was serialized from a one-shot?" -- Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a nifty tag in any website that can be used to search this. Here in the challenge we have compiled a list that is meant to be helpful. If you know of any other title that can be added, please suggest it on the discussion. Note: Some of these links take you to DB entries where the one-shot is compiled.

Jan 9, 2017 10:17 PM

Apr 2013
@windmillness How about Can't See Can't Hear But Love, Beck, Game Over, Chikan Otoko, they're all Slice of Life, Romance, Comedy, but each with something that makes them unique, maybe one of them will be to your liking.
Jan 9, 2017 11:20 PM

Dec 2014
hi ! can someone recommend me a good manga ? preferably romance and/or historical

edit: thanks @kitii7 !! i like the sound of versailles no bara c:
starmeriomJan 9, 2017 11:31 PM

"Just be friends~
All we gotta do,
Just be friends"

* majestic altair loyalty /// || card deliveries /// *
~ 2017 AC || 2017 MC ~
Jan 9, 2017 11:26 PM

Oct 2008
@starmeriom I'd recommend you Tsuki no Shippo or Versailles no Bara as they meet both of your requirements :)
Jan 10, 2017 1:24 AM

May 2016
@kitii7, thanks for taking the trouble and peeking into my mangalist)

@HeNrYTG50, I will definitely appreciate your interesting choices ;)
Jan 10, 2017 2:58 AM
Mar 2014
60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread

can someone please recommend something
Jan 10, 2017 2:59 AM
Feb 2015
Could somebody recommend me manga for 60?

Thanks in advance :D
Jan 10, 2017 3:04 AM
Jul 2018
@balaton
You seem to be into dark/horror stuffs right? Then maybe check Litchi☆Hikari Club.
Jan 10, 2017 3:08 AM
Mar 2014

@lojekama why don't you try koe no katachi
Jan 10, 2017 3:12 AM
Mar 2014
lady_freyja said:
@balaton
You seem to be into dark/horror stuffs right? Then maybe check Litchi☆Hikari Club.

@lady_freyja thanks for the suggestion! i'll definitely read it
Jan 10, 2017 4:58 AM

Feb 2015
Could someone recommend something for #60, please? I don't really mind what kind of manga it is, although I would like something on the shorter side because a lot of the manga I plan on reading are quite long.

I was also having trouble finding manga for #44 (related to Japanese culture) and #29 (not been adapted in any way), does anyone have any suggestions?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What mangas are you sad that scanlators dropped

zkl - Feb 26

19 by RareAnimeHunter »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

455 by elsewherecw »»
4 hours ago

» What is a manga you want to be adapted

Idk5008 - Mar 3

20 by AkiEX2 »»
4 hours ago

» Is a guy reading a lighthearted cutesy manga disturbing?

fallout45 - Aug 26

32 by isseixkoneko »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

» How much money have you spent on buying manga?

bucciest - Jul 7

26 by isseixkoneko »»
Yesterday, 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.