Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2016 7:43 AM
Jan 2015
Aaaaaand we end right where we started. Tbh this ending made me quite happy. Biba was a train wreck and now the series can continue in a season two in the world and characters that I fell in love with in the first few episodes. This series sucked but it is savable.

Also, where did Ikoma wrecking that train come from? WTF?
Jul 5, 2016 8:38 AM
Jul 2016
Thank god this shit is over LOL, I could barely stand watching it.
Jul 5, 2016 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
The amount of hate from people for this show is so over the top. Was it as great as some will claim? No. But it certainly is nowhere near as bad as others will try to claim also. The reality is somewhere in the middle.

I gave the series an 8 based on my enjoyment of it. Certainly there are plenty of character flaws, Cliches and parts of the story left unexplained (which isn't actually a bad thing imo). But the animation, ost, general action and design had me engaged through the 12 episodes and as a clone of Attack On Titan it did alright.

It's so sad to see people review this show with such trollish scores in some sad attempt to make themselves heard. Like 2/10 for this series!? I'm sorry but that is totally absurd. It's very easy to watch something and point out every flaw and proclaim it's crap as a result, it doesn't make you clever so much as it makes you boring.

I watch Anime to have fun and this series was certainly fun at least. If this series was worthy of a 2/10 then I don't know why you would want to watch Anime in the first place or at least regularly enough to even consider watching something while it airs or just after. Might as well watch a handful of shows a year once the dust has settled and it's more clear whats the best. Otherwise you'll just end up hating 95% of everything you watch and at that moment surely why bother watching anime in the first place?
Jul 5, 2016 12:39 PM

Mar 2014
this series started strong but ended on a mediocre note, the ending was too rushed imo, they tried to do too much with too little episodes

overall 8/10 for me
Jul 5, 2016 2:33 PM

Oct 2013
Fun anime but not amazing. They made enough changes to set it apart from AOT but the story itself is....something I seen all before.

Its hard to put into words but the whole becoming Kabaneri's and trying to get accepted by the people and then finally being accepted after doing nice things and protecting em. Those cheesy smiley moments of yay were friends now but others will never understand. Mumei has some past that involves someone who is looked upon as a hero but is actually a bad person. Mumei has a hard time accepting that he's bad even though unbelievably obvious signs point in that direction and yet she still follows him and listens like an idiot.

And you know thats when the MC and friends have to bring her back with the power of love and friendship although, this used more than that but it was still there.

It was still a fun watch so....7.8/10....I think, I'm having a hard time rating it coz I enjoyed it and I had stuff i liked but it had other things that ruined it too.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jul 5, 2016 3:03 PM

Sep 2014
Ohh man this feels so bad and weird now. As I said in discussion of previous episodes this kind of show couldn't fully fit into 12 episode frame.. I need all the backstory with the Kabane and sh*t. For me it feels like a simple story where people live in cities and one guy just wants to kill the bad guy , Kabane presence was Zero for me.. And now I can't imagine how the second season would go. I can't imagine the other villain :l

The other thing I hate the most is that in the end everything was just 2 POTIONS. For me they appeared out of nowhere ( But I might be wrong here since I watched the show with intervals and could missed it earlier ). Imagine some tense final battle in some show and during it , some random thing appears out of nowhere which helps one side to completely win everything. I feel this way.

In the ending , I somehow thought that Kurusu will slip off the train , fall and die.

I think I'm like the many who in the beginning expected this to be one the best shows of the season.. but..
Jul 5, 2016 9:21 PM

May 2014
Was close too liking it but it gradually became boring. Still has its moments though.
Koutetsujou no KabaMEHri
Jul 5, 2016 9:23 PM
Sep 2015
Tomimi said:
Ending so rushed

Good series ruined by only having 12 episodes.
Good series ruined due to *insert any excuse*
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
-Harvey Dent
Jul 5, 2016 11:14 PM
Jan 2016
Well, it could have been worse considering the last few episodes.
Jul 6, 2016 12:56 AM

Dec 2012
When I first heard of Kabaneri, I was instantly in love with the art style. Ironic how coming to the end of it, it's become unsightly.

Ay yai yai. Well despite its obvious inspiration from AoT (I mean, they even use the same amount of stills LOL), I was still on board for this one. The start was solid and the premise was brutal. It really started to lose me, however, when they started to focus on Biba and the Kabane became more of a backdrop for his ambitions. While I do like an emphasis on how humans were the bigger threat, there was just way too much going on in 12 episodes and this definitely would have benefited from 2-cour and more world building.

As for the characters, I tried to care about them and when it comes to thriller driven shows like this, they don't have to be extremely well developed to count. But they felt like flat caricatures and Ikoma was the most disappointing. The only one I really liked was Mumei but even she started to lose her edge towards the end with the whole "Ani-sama!"

Ah well but it wasn't all bad. Certainly not trash or a failed AoT rip-off. This series reminded me a bit more of Owari no Seraph actually. The mix of feudal Japan and steampunk was also very fascinating and once again, with proper world building, really could have done so much more.

7/10, Wit Studio should either stick to adaptations or originals that actually live up to the name. Also no idea why they're coming out with movies of this.
Jul 6, 2016 1:39 AM
May 2012
Attack on Titan s2 was probably delayed because of this. MC is a fucking vegetable. Why is he so green?
Jul 6, 2016 1:46 AM

Jun 2014
I think I was more into it than most people are. For one I was grateful that it was just an action story with beautiful art and animation that didn't need the big twists/reveals or feels to be attractive.

I hope we get a second season.
Jul 6, 2016 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
rafi160 said:
rushed because of the Earthquake that set back the episodes....anime was suppose to be 13 ep

Unfortunate, as the extra episode could have tied up some loose ends.
Jul 6, 2016 8:10 AM

Aug 2014
I was really expecting Ikoma to die there, glad that didn't happened.
Don't know what was up with Biba giving Ikoma the white blood though..a little too late trying to redeem his character don't you think?

Despite my many complaints for Mumei's character, In the end I still can't day that I really hated her. Kudos to her being the one to finsh off Biba.

Overall I have mixed feelings on the series, it may have had its problem but there was never once a moment that I was bored with it. Wasted potential is the best way to describe it.
6/10
Jul 6, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
Why was Biba surprised that Ikoma is willing to sacrifice this much? They are similar in that way, only that Biba sacrificied everything around him, and Ikoma himself.

I wish they hadn't included Biba. I hate it when they take a perfectly fine show and feel the need to insert a cliche-overload into it. It's not just the total amount, but they stuff more than the show ever "needed" into it all at once and continue to do so with every episode.

Similar like they did with SAO when they joined the guild. Both shows perfectly fine, everyone even enjoys something fresh, and then they turn the whole show around.

If you are doing a "normal" anime - okay, why not. Not everything can be exceptional, if everything is, nothing is. But they somehow feel the need to make up for the "lost time", for the episodes where they didn't have this, so they put twice as much into it afterwards.

Biba contradicted himself more often than the number of episodes he was in, his whole speech was pointless in the first place. It was not about liberating people, or "the strong survive" or anything like that. It was revenge, not only against the one who wrong him, but against everyone, for no particular reason.

The whole reason for revenge was kinda stupid, too. Revenge, okay, but why did you need to kill him? Because he cut you? Because he shunned you? Because he feared you? Because he wasn't man enough to admit it but blamed it on fear?

And what exactly had all those cities you destroyed to do with it? And why did you even decide to do it exactly at this time, after 10 years? Mumei wasn't the reason - the only meet up midway, without knowing that either would be there beforehand.

Basically, he had a bad childhood because his father shunned him and so, and became a bully. Because of his status as the shoguns son he was able to acquire an army and everything, and the setting allowed for things like superhuman power, so he became a bigger bully than most people, but in the end he was just that. A bully.

"Bullying on a grand scale in a steampunk universe".
Jul 6, 2016 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
Too many similarities to a certain anime (which I don't even need to name lol) which is fine (I guess) since this series had it's own particular uniqueness injected into it as well. Tbh I expected a lot from this anime at first but since I waited for it to finish airing before I start on it, I already heard and read a lot of negative reviews about it that lowered the bar for me.. I suppose that helped. If I did still expect a lot I know I would've been disappointed.

So overall this series was okay (I can't find any other word to describe it). I liked some bits, and some I didn't. That's pretty much all I can say about this anime. :p
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jul 6, 2016 2:55 PM

Aug 2013
It started as something super average, but it was watchable till Biba appeared. It ended as trainwreck, totally trainwreck. Art was worse and worse (ok I went a little too fat, art was nice in general, I liked the character design, but in many scenes CG objects were just awful) , characters totally bland and story? My God, ultra boring and... Well, written for 100% casual audience. Lots of blood - check. Heroic emo MC - check. The most generic antagonist as it could only be - check. 'adult' feeling - check. Violent female - check. Hight scale conflict - check.
4/10. I won't watch any sequel. I didn't like AoT, but it was rather better than this.
rsc-plJul 6, 2016 3:29 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 6, 2016 4:42 PM

Jul 2011
that was really bad, i haven't watch code geass, but after watching this and guilty crown i'll make sure i'll never watch anything he write again!!!!!!!

And fuck you mumei and your rice obsession! this and mayoiga are the worst!!!
4/10
Jul 6, 2016 6:42 PM
Oct 2014
So many faggots around here.
On other anime sites, this has a 9/10 average.

That said, the last episode was rather predictable and anticlimatic.
Really not satisfying.
Jul 6, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2008
AoT v2 has ended.
Damn No-name (mumei) has insane strength on throwing Ikoma to the tampoline!
5/5.
10/10.
matias067Jul 6, 2016 8:59 PM

Jul 6, 2016 11:23 PM

Jul 2009
Well at least Kibito (and of course Yukina) didn't die. So alls well that ends well.
Jul 7, 2016 4:37 AM

Aug 2013
millo said:
that was really bad, i haven't watch code geass, but after watching this and guilty crown i'll make sure i'll never watch anything he write again!!!!!!!

And fuck you mumei and your rice obsession! this and mayoiga are the worst!!!
4/10

Geass is totally different. It's not centered on 1 character. I hate battle shounens, mechas,and action series, but I liked Code Geass.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 7, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Add me to the "Biba ruined it" train. *ahem*
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
Jul 7, 2016 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
I was doubting between scoring this 5 o 4, but seeing it's a 7.50 overrated I'm scoring it a 4, I don't think it's a good anime at all, the only good thing is the animation and the music, the characters were plain and cliche and the story a real meh
Jul 7, 2016 3:50 PM

Apr 2011
This started so good, and ended so.. meh.

Why did Biba even gave Ikoma the white blood?
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jul 8, 2016 12:45 AM

Apr 2016
Wait... I thought the princess dropped the suitcase on the train...?! How in the world did the samurai and that man have it at the beach and give the potion to Ikoma?!

They fell off the train while the suitcase was still on it.. o.e And how in the world did they get from the beach to the Shogun capital so fast?! Lol this show was rushed af!

Show has many plot holes, but only thing enjoyable and redeeming was the animation and music. But I guess somehow some parts of the show were still kinda enjoyable.

My Final score: 6.5/10

Jul 8, 2016 12:48 AM

Oct 2015
expected more from the confrontation between biba and ikoma. When ikoma was to confront biba, i thought an epic final battle between kabaneris was about to occur and instead a tedious battle occurred. To top it of biba ended up saving ikoma *boring*.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 8, 2016 1:06 AM

Jul 2012
Snow_Leopard123 said:
Wait... I thought the princess dropped the suitcase on the train...?! How in the world did the samurai and that man have it at the beach and give the potion to Ikoma?!

They fell off the train while the suitcase was still on it.. o.e And how in the world did they get from the beach to the Shogun capital so fast?! Lol this show was rushed af!
Nope, you just need to pay closer attention. Ayame dropped the suitcase OFF the train, it's shown falling with Kurusu and the scientist guy. So you can assume Kurusu won against the scientist, captured him, and picked up the suitcase before following the train. How did they get to Kongokaku so fast?

Last episode it showed they had one of the Hunters' motorcycles...you can assume there was one left behind or they stole it from someone before the Hunters left Iwato Station.
Phoebe3315Jul 8, 2016 1:12 AM
Jul 8, 2016 11:57 AM
May 2012
draiza said:
Shhhhhh
Don't spoil about guilty crown I think lotsa peeps still didn't watch that show.

But the fact is WTH happen with Araki and Okuchi.

I think the team could have done better job about editing and stuff, even the story it self being crap. Not just bring those cliche scenes and C grade editing.

Listen.

I have a PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) over that lousy show when I saw those "metals" that formed in Ikoma. Similar to Shuu Ouma's character in GC.

That director who brought us Guilty Crown & Attack on titan plus the writer (who were also did Code Geass) came out with that 'idea'. That is 'what'. Which I found out it's pathetic & unacceptable.
Jul 8, 2016 12:01 PM
May 2012
Well gee, am I being ignored on this list again? I've been asking an in-story explanation but still I got zero response whatsoever.

I guess people were like 'we don't care about you anymore. Everything that you said makes no sense whatsoever.'. It's a true fact anyway.......
Jul 9, 2016 2:34 AM

Dec 2010
Great ending. I was convinced it will turn out pretty bad due to the rush but fortunately it played out the best possible way.

I think that this deserved a 7. It had the right touches to be more than just a decent show. Had a good time with it.
Jul 9, 2016 8:04 AM
Feb 2015
Delayed watching the last episode because of the impending feeling of disgust of the directors gutting a anime series with a good future. And I was not disappointed. The series started off acceptable with a good setting to explore various themes. Then at episode 9 the story goes off the rails and into the deep end with no hope of salvaging it.
Again the limited screen time may had forced the directors's hand but by this time one should had expected them to learn their lesson but no.
The characters in the end ended up as stale one dimensional muppets, and if the directors though that given Biba a WTF moment in the end is going to salvage that, they are dead wrong. Characters acting out of characters with no logical explanation only adds to the stink. The plot which could had become an interesting one of survival and morality is instead shoe horned into the typical easy to digest bite sized bits of "good v evil" ala Fairy Tail/ Naruto mode.
Out of 10 this series deserves a 5 because even the good soundtrack and animation does not make up for it.
Jul 9, 2016 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
Should've been 2 cour to flesh out characters more. Otherwise this just feels like a rushed show with good production values.
Jul 9, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
Not as bad I as I thought it would be. A solid 6/10. I have my fun and if there is a second season I will just happily skip that one.
Jul 9, 2016 2:43 PM

Jan 2008
Loved it. Loved Mumei, loved Ikoma, loved hating Biba. Biba was an ass, but damn if his plan to kill his dad wasn't perfect. 10/10, I have no complainst. Came for a wild ride, got a wild ride.
Jul 9, 2016 4:59 PM
Jun 2016
The ending was alright, I think more then 12 episodes would have been more ideal. That being said if the manga is still running is there a chance of a second season or is that it?
Jul 9, 2016 6:59 PM

Apr 2014
Ikoma fighting style so boring even after power up. Just run into people and shoot his ugly gun. Luckily kurusu was there too. Overall disappointing where the story went and cliche villain, but I give the series a 7/10 still for good atmosphere, beautiful animation/music, kurusu/ayame, decent hype and a cool world.
Jul 9, 2016 7:36 PM

Jul 2012
MugiwaraOP said:
The ending was alright, I think more then 12 episodes would have been more ideal. That being said if the manga is still running is there a chance of a second season or is that it?
The anime was made first, so the manga really has very little influence (if any) on whether or not this gets a second season. It mostly depends on if Kabaneri makes WIT a decent amount of money, and if the creators want to make more.
Jul 9, 2016 10:18 PM

Mar 2012
This series is Guilty Crown II. Except better because it only dragged us through 12 episodes of "what did I just watch."

Basically the plot consists of:
- Everyone being on a train and fighting zombehs
- A guy showed up with daddy issues and wants to "free the world" by destroying cities and overrunning them with zombehs
- We have zero freaking clue what the resolution is or what'll come afterward

What a waste of an amazing first episode, decent premise, and stunning art.
Jul 10, 2016 11:49 AM

Oct 2015
Despite its many similarities with Attack on Titan, the premise was promising. The execution was not. And this isn't solely because of Biba's terribly cliche and intelligence-insulting character. The gross majority of the characters were incredibly generic and bland. They said and did things just for plot to happen and to evoke cheap emotions. How many people actually remember that Kajika is actually Kurusu's sister? Exactly. This was revealed in one of the earlier episodes and yet despite her brother being missing for how long the show completely forgets to include her in his reunion. She cares more about seeing Mumei and completely ignores her missing brother. I could go on and on but I'd just be reiterating things already mentioned so I'll close with something nobody on this forum has brought up yet.

Despite the stupidity of this:

The absolute dumbest thing is the fact that this guy is not a Kabaneri.

Which means this was done by a regular human.

Fuck! Right! Off! This was supposed to be targeted at adults?!

6/10 over all. The aesthetics of the animation and gorgeous art style that's reminiscent of the 90s, and the OST are what carried this show. The westernised steampunk technology mixed with the Edo-period Japanese setting was also a treat. I also really enjoyed Ayame, Suzuki and Yukina's characters. Ikoma and Kurusu were generic in every way, while Biba served to be the tumour that buried any maturity this series hoped to present. I'm willing to forgive Mumei's actions, more so than most people here it seems. She's just a 12 year old girl indoctrinated at a young age after experiencing trauma.
Jul 10, 2016 7:39 PM

Sep 2015
I liked not loved it. Goes for the whole series too. Wasn't a particularly great finale, everything progressed as expected. The sheer purity of our hero's wills and intentions triumphs over the impossible odds the plot has blandly stacked against it. But I liked this show's art style, I appreciated it's action scenes and in a broad way I liked the characters. The finale delivered on all those fronts, particularly Kurusu and Ikoma storming Biba's men was a visual spectacle if not a particularly engaging one.

I was glad Mumei was OK, though correct me if I'm wrong that makes Takumi the only significant character on our heroes side who died correct? I liked Mumei she was cute, if a little static and annoying near the end. Her gleefully tossing Ikoma onto the blanket on top of the train was my favorite part of the episode. I liked a lot of the character's slight developments and I think the big happy escape from the town at the end where everyone comes together was the most effective part of the finale.

The ending was a solid choice, felt good as a goodbye to the characters and leaves things open for future installments. I kind of enjoyed this show, it's steam punk aesthetic was really cool, it had good action scenes though of course zombies are played out, it didn't leave a serious impression but it honestly did very little I'd really complain about. All in all 7/10 liked it more than SNK.
Jul 11, 2016 6:18 AM

Apr 2011
It was a fun ride. I was never bored.

8/10
Jul 12, 2016 12:54 AM
May 2012
I feel like I was the only one who actually care about this anime...

after Valvrave the liberator....
Jul 12, 2016 9:13 AM
Oct 2010
for me this anime was the best anime of 2016

2013 = AOT
2014 = parasyte
2015 = you know lah.... OPM
Jul 12, 2016 9:27 AM
Jan 2016
See what happens when you hype it too much? XD
Jul 13, 2016 6:19 AM

Oct 2009
Lmao, that was one anti-climatic ending xD
At least my ships sailed. AGAIN!!! w00t!! :'D XD Xd

Jul 13, 2016 7:42 AM

Jan 2014
Love this ending! despite it being too forced and the plot armor was very strong there, still I like it.

Overall it was a good ride, if there should be a second season then I'll definitely watch it. my rate 7/10.
Jul 13, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
MoonStar9 said:
How many people actually remember that Kajika is actually Kurusu's sister? Exactly. This was revealed in one of the earlier episodes and yet despite her brother being missing for how long the show completely forgets to include her in his reunion. She cares more about seeing Mumei and completely ignores her missing brother. I could go on and on but I'd just be reiterating things already mentioned so I'll close with something nobody on this forum has brought up yet.

I also have thought that Kajika was Kurusu's sister. Kurusu is 17yo and Kajika is 15yo, so it was possible.
In episode 3, she said: "A body mother gave you!". But in Japanese: "Okaasan ni moratta karada desho" can also mean "A body YOUR mother gave you". At this moment, we can't know if they are siblings.
The answer is in the last episode: When Kajika uses the speaker, she says "Kurusu san". If he was her brother, she would have called him "Anisama", like Mumei with Biba.
Conclusion: they are not related, so that's why Kajika doesn't care about him.
Sorry for my bad english.
Jul 14, 2016 3:10 PM
Oct 2009
zannet_t said:

Basically the plot consists of:
- Everyone being on a train and fighting zombehs
- A guy showed up with daddy issues and wants to "free the world" by destroying cities and overrunning them with zombehs
- We have zero freaking clue what the resolution is or what'll come afterward

None of those elements were all that much "WTF" in nature, to be quite honest with you.

-That's a key part of the premise, rather than a particularly crazy or surprising deal.
-It's typical for a human villain, especially an insane one, to show up at the end of such post-apocalyptic stories.
-Based on the pacing of the anime, it was never going to resolve the entire conflict between humans and Kabane in twelve episodes.

All it did was wrap up the more personal issues of the cast and the immediate threats. Which is more predictable than shocking or horrifying.
Jul 16, 2016 1:31 AM
Aug 2015
This sure is one heck of a AoT sister anime. Even the GAR-shouting parts feels the same since they are done by the same studio.

They rushed through the last fight so much that it's actually pretty lame. Skipping the scene where Biba actually applied the white plasma into ikoma and properly explaining how mumei's black smog collapse for no reason is really hurting it imo.
But my own guess is Biba coated the sword with the white plasma and stabbed ikoma? and mumei collapse due to psychological reasons?

And now it leaves a whole lot of questions for the upcoming S2, with the shogun's station gone, they gonna travel to another territory with even more stations?

5/10 really but since chelly/egoist is in this +2 = 7/10 xD
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

408 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

394 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

525 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

395 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.