Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2016 1:03 PM
Mar 2015
lmao subaru's reaction is just disgusting.
he even mocked the knights. I won't ever rewatch that part again, it's just cringeworthy. He couldn't even control his own emotion and mind, I hate this kind of character. I hope this "subaru and jealousy" ends fast

The red girl is jut too much pride, not worthy of a ruler. Unless she gets some development, I can't see her becoming the priestess. The green girl is the best candidate. Discipline, has leadership aura, she admits her mistakes. And her knight is the best guy in the series, along with reinhard. But reinhard isn't cute so he's out of the discussion.

the rich girl actually came from a good background. It's a shame that she has no clear vision. It will be better if she just say "I want to improve the kingdom's economy", etc. But she just wants whole nation under her foot. Her knight is a good guy if subaru just not being a dick. Meanwhile felt just half assed everything. impossible to become the ruler unless get some development

and of course. Emilia has the best idealism and vision. She's 99.99% to become the priestess, she's main girl after all. Huuurayy. LOL. Seriously, I don't want her to be the ruler. She is motherly figure, yes. but that's it. She has no talent of leadership, she's slow, she lets people step on her. Logically speaking, she's as bad as the other candidates.

but from the author's standpoint, I can't see anybody become the queen aside from emilia. First girl always win. And we have this, rosswal's intention to kill dragon, which requires emilia succeeding the selection. Predictable plot, I hope there will be a twist here.
Jun 27, 2016 1:03 PM
Aug 2015
Fai said:
MeganeLime said:
I feel bad for Subaru, it's impossible for him to tell anyone about his return to death neither could anyone believe it apart from Emilia. But seeing the last scene, she won't believe him if he can't do what she asks.

He did go overboard, but it was his choice to continue fighting against the knight.

I see people complaining about some scenes being rearranged or making Roswaal way to suspicious, I sincerely hope that those tiny problems won't make that big of a difference.

I won't judge from what people say about the LN/manga and on how it was adapted, I'll see how the show goes from now on.

Overall, I loved the episode. Pretty intense which is what I love.^^

Actually the ONLY way I could understand his braindead try to fight the knight is if he tried to get killed that way hoping to erase the fuck up he caused.

I was thinking the same, since he said "I didn't die?". Maybe he was too over the place and decided "might as well try to see if I can die".
Jun 27, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
amylisa said:
but from the author's standpoint, I can't see anybody become the queen aside from emilia. First girl always win. And we have this, rosswal's intention to kill dragon, which requires emilia succeeding the selection. Predictable plot, I hope there will be a twist here.

Everyone there has a goal. Roswaal's doesn't stands above others'. The plot doesn't revolves around his, only. They'll have to compete.
Jun 27, 2016 1:17 PM
Mar 2015
iRels said:
amylisa said:

Everyone there has a goal. Roswaal's doesn't stands above others'. The plot doesn't revolves around his, only. They'll have to compete.

I hope you are implying there won't be "rosswal killing dragon" arc, Because I am fine that way.
Jun 27, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2012
LaxusAK said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You shouldn't make retarded mistakes just so you have to die to rewind them. Also judging by spoilers dying won't really help him this time. He was lucky to have proper reset points the previous 2 times.

If you haven't noticed by my signature I am already ahead of the game and don't really care about what spoilers you have seen. The whole concept of his power is to return smarter and stronger every time he dies in order to escape whatever trials he's facing. Its actually really dumb that you said he shouldn't make mistakes just so he has to die to rewind them because the whole point of being able to "return by death" is to fix fucked up situations. As for the retarded mistakes he didn't really make any so far.

-> broke his promise with Emilia in order to be able to "protect her"
-> attempted to help Priscilla not knowing she was a priestess candidate because that's how he is
-> interrupted the priestess meeting because he feels like he needs to know whats going on in order to keep Emilia out of harms way.
-> Goes off on the council after watching them disrespect his EMF.
-> SAYS that he is her Knight in order to make Emilia seem not out of place as all the other candidates had Knights.
-> Badmouthed Knighthood and downplayed it because he didn't understand the gravity of it as an outsider from a different world.
-> Fought knowing he would lose because he's stubborn
-> Yelled at Emilia for questioning his loyalty to her after all he has done for her.

Nothing here seems retarded. All of this is the same Subaru we have seen for the whole series. Now we just see the ramifications of his actions.

Well said, well said. I'm guessing you read beyond the English manga trans? If so i'm excited
Jun 27, 2016 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
A spectacular cock-up, Subaru.
Jun 27, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
Why am I even watching this lol. Haven't read the manga, but this character so far is so ass and cringeworthy. I don't even think I want to see him get stronger. Hate the MCs who have one broken power/trait and all the12-15 year olds hop on and start riding this anime lol damn.

And what is up with all the candidates lol. Aren't they suppose to persuade the council to elect them? So far all of them have a reason for me NOT to choose them except Emilia, I mean Mary sue
Jun 27, 2016 1:31 PM

May 2010
This was the cringest episode ever lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 27, 2016 1:34 PM
Dec 2014
LaxusAK said:
I applaud Subaru. Since episode one Subaru has gotten into horrible situations almost always leading to his demise. Emilia saved him in the first episode and then he watched her die. From that point on he vowed to protect her. He's done a damn good job since then the only problem is he can't tell her about his resets. Even without knowing about it Emilia should have still been able to understand Subarus side of the story in this predicament. Why would Subaru not go apeshit when he's watching his "prize" and sole reason for living being trashed and ostracized. He went apeshit and dishonored the Knights and deserved his beat down but he did not deserve that reaction from Emilia. I'm glad Subaru snapped at her and hope the anime sways a bit(as she is still main heroine) towards Subarus experiences and development.

in short, this whole shenanagan was both Subaru and Emilias fault.

This right here is exactly what I think and I'm glad someone else thinks so to. Its both their faults.
Jun 27, 2016 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
LaxusAK said:
I applaud Subaru. Since episode one Subaru has gotten into horrible situations almost always leading to his demise. Emilia saved him in the first episode and then he watched her die. From that point on he vowed to protect her. He's done a damn good job since then the only problem is he can't tell her about his resets. Even without knowing about it Emilia should have still been able to understand Subarus side of the story in this predicament. Why would Subaru not go apeshit when he's watching his "prize" and sole reason for living being trashed and ostracized. He went apeshit and dishonored the Knights and deserved his beat down but he did not deserve that reaction from Emilia. I'm glad Subaru snapped at her and hope the anime sways a bit(as she is still main heroine) towards Subarus experiences and development.

Why must Emilia submit to his actions? To her and everyone else nothing he's ever done that was concluded by death ever happened. Even in spite of his heroic deeds in the village this doesn't oblige Emilia to become his possession or tolerate his actions. She's supposed to have a life outside of Subaru's, even if he doesn't understand that we as the viewers should. I mean come on. From their perspective he's pretty much a lovable oaf that didn't seem to possess any malice, but he is also nonessential to what had been going on long before he showed up. No matter how great a power he possess it it does not exist to the people around him and as such they base his actions and outbursts as nonsensical. Ultimately. I wish the firelord would just show up and give him something for speaking out of turn, against those above his standing, and beyond his comprehension. Of course Emilia will just energy-bend the shit out of him but...yeah.
Jun 27, 2016 2:00 PM
Sep 2012
Shuyin35 said:

This right here is exactly what I think and I'm glad someone else thinks so to. Its both their faults.

Exactly. The way BOTH of them handled things could have been better. In terms of Subaru most people aren't understanding his reasoning for what he's doing and are bashing him for surface level stuff.

Thevsamovies said:

Well said, well said. I'm guessing you read beyond the English manga trans? If so i'm excited

Yeah, I actually read the latest chapters online and a bit of the web novel. It gets really gory man. I feel bad for all parties involved in the next few episodes. The anime will probably hit me in the feels more so than the manga and the WN. Peep my signature lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 2:02 PM

Apr 2015
Hmm. I mean is there something wrong with me or
When Subaru blurted out that little "you owe me, blah blah more debts you should repay"
It sounded like to me something he just said during a nervous breakdown
Something akin to a two friends arguing and one of them goes "UGH I WISH YOU WOULD JUST DIE, YOU'RE ANNOYING"
Do they really think that? Probably not. But their anger got to them and they lost control.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I see Subaru's "Nice guy" outburst.
It seems like some (not all) people are taking it as "SUBARUS TRUE SELF IS JUST A NECKBERAD NICE GUy LO!L!! TRASH!1".
I mean, he's a complete idiot for saying something stupid like that but it seems pretty understandable why he would say it to me.

To recap, he saw his love getting discriminated by countless people (regardless of how obsessed he is) then he gets humiliated by Julius (albeit Julius was being a bit of a bro and telling him to step down) then he gets humiliated by Emilia even though he thought he was helping her.

(Note that just because he has good intentions doesn't mean he should get a pat on the back). Then he gets humiliated by Julius again in front of a large crowd of people and Emilia and then he has to deal with the fact that he can't really explain to Emilia why he's so fixated on her.

Dude should still be held at fault for losing control regardless of what his good intentions he has (for the most part since there was a part of him that was doing it for himself ex: the knight battle) but idk it doesn't seem that hard to believe that this is within his character to do something like this and that this sort of behavior isn't realistic
YuzurynJun 27, 2016 2:10 PM
Jun 27, 2016 2:05 PM
Sep 2012
QWERTYFish25 said:
LaxusAK said:

Why must Emilia submit to his actions? To her and everyone else nothing he's ever done that was concluded by death ever happened. Even in spite of his heroic deeds in the village this doesn't oblige Emilia to become his possession or tolerate his actions. She's supposed to have a life outside of Subaru's, even if he doesn't understand that we as the viewers should. I mean come on. From their perspective he's pretty much a lovable oaf that didn't seem to possess any malice, but he is also nonessential to what had been going on long before he showed up. No matter how great a power he possess it it does not exist to the people around him and as such they base his actions and outbursts as nonsensical. Ultimately. I wish the firelord would just show up and give him something for speaking out of turn, against those above his standing, and beyond his comprehension. Of course Emilia will just energy-bend the shit out of him but...yeah.

Its not about obliging to Subaru. Its about Emilia understanding him. She already knows how outspoken he is and about how protective he is of her. Does she know why he's so infatuated with her? No, but she doesn't need to. She should be able to put two and two together. " of course he lashed out at the elders during the counsel for badmouthing me and calling me a demon since he's so overprotective of me. I dont know why he likes me so much but I guess he was really ticked off by how they we're treating me"

Again, it's not about kissing up to Subaru. Its about Emilia putting aside her self esteem issues and understanding that Subaru for some crazy reason loves her and wants to protect her and won't tolerate anyone badmouthing her even if he looks like an asshole.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2015
Yuzuryn said:
When Subaru blurted out that little "you owe me, blah blah more debts you should repay"
Something akin to a two friends arguing and one of them goes "UGH I WISH YOU WOULD JUST DIE, YOU'RE ANNOYING"
Do they really think that? Probably not. But their anger got to them and they lost control.

It seems like some (not all) people are taking it as "SUBARUS TRUE SELF IS JUST A NECKBERAD NICE GUy LO!L!! TRASH!1".
I mean, he's a complete idiot for saying something stupid like that but it seems pretty understandable why he would say it to me.

I actually thought that instantly while reading the manga.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 27, 2016 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
LaxusAK said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Its not about obliging to Subaru. Its about Emilia understanding him. She already knows how outspoken he is and about how protective he is of her. Does she know why he's so infatuated with her? No, but she doesn't need to. She should be able to put two and two together. " of course he lashed out at the elders during the counsel for badmouthing me and calling me a demon since he's so overprotective of me. I dont know why he likes me so much but I guess he was really ticked off by how they we're treating me"

Again, it's not about kissing up to Subaru. Its about Emilia putting aside her self esteem issues and understanding that Subaru for some crazy reason loves her and wants to protect her and won't tolerate anyone badmouthing her even if he looks like an asshole.

Yeah that's what I think was Emilia's fault in this. It seems like she already made up in her mind his reasoning for being so protective of her and she wouldn't give him the time of the day unless he explained it (and the best way to do that is explaining return by death but he can't. I still think he could have explained it in a loop around way such as not wanting another Elsa to get to Emilia etc)

Subaru's fault was letting his emotions getting to him and making assumptions that he was doing the best for Emilia when really he was making her look bad from a political standpoint. Sorta like bringing your child to work and them acting like a complete idiot and how that reflects on you.

I do like how she called him out though that he wasn't doing it ALL for her. Majority yeah but there was some selfishness in his actions as in doing it for his pride and also in some ways he wanted smoe reward for all the shit he's gone through (Which technically you're not obligated to receive in the first place)

Both are fault nye Subaru more so I think
Jun 27, 2016 2:16 PM
Sep 2012
Sometimes791 said:
Yuzuryn said:

I actually thought that instantly while reading the manga.

Same. The author is a puppet master and people are being manipulated by him quite nicely.
Jun 27, 2016 2:17 PM
Sep 2012
Yuzuryn said:
LaxusAK said:

Yeah that's what I think was Emilia's fault in this. It seems like she already made up in her mind his reasoning for being so protective of her and she wouldn't give him the time of the day unless he explained it (and the best way to do that is explaining return by death but he can't. I still think he could have explained it in a loop around way such as not wanting another Elsa to get to Emilia etc)

Subaru's fault was letting his emotions getting to him and making assumptions that he was doing the best for Emilia when really he was making her look bad from a political standpoint. Sorta like bringing your child to work and them acting like a complete idiot and how that reflects on you.

I do like how she called him out though that he wasn't doing it ALL for her. Majority yeah but there was some selfishness in his actions as in doing it for his pride and also in some ways he wanted smoe reward for all the shit he's gone through (Which technically you're not obligated to receive in the first place)

Both are fault nye Subaru more so I think

Yep, totally agree with you. Subaru caused the problem and Emilia exacerbated it.
Jun 27, 2016 2:20 PM

Dec 2014
This episode was fantastic. Emilia finally stood up for herself and told off Subaru for treating her like a trophy that he wanted to win. He was not listening to her and acting of his own volition despite her clearly making her wishes known, and Emilia finally had enough and stood up for herself. I honestly never thought that the writers would acknowledge what he was doing and how it would be off-putting, but lo and behold they impressed me again.
Jun 27, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2016
Soli18 said:
I didn't like the bitchy Emilia tho. I know she can't understand if he doesn't say it but cmon you know he loves you....

Actually it's more like an extreme over the top version of hero worship than actual love, she is "special" to him because she saved him that one time but that's about it.
Jun 27, 2016 2:24 PM
Sep 2012
Noumu said:
Soli18 said:
I didn't like the bitchy Emilia tho. I know she can't understand if he doesn't say it but cmon you know he loves you....

Actually it's more like an extreme over the top version of hero worship than actual love, she is "special" to him because she saved him that one time but that's about it.

Agreed, but Emilia should have realized that's the reason he acted like that towards the counsel once they started disrespecting her. I mean her self-esteem is pretty low I guess.
Jun 27, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2015
Noumu said:
Soli18 said:

Well either way I didn't like the attitude =P. Even if its justified.

LaxusAK said:
Noumu said:

Agreed, but Emilia should have realized that's the reason he acted like that towards the counsel once they started disrespecting her. I mean her self-esteem is pretty low I guess.

Yea I think Emilia only said something about it cuz Subaru actually stood up for her. If he wasn't there I think she wouldn't have said something.
Jun 27, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2011
Doesn't mater why you do shit for others. Doesn't matter if that person loves you or not. It was in accordance with her own protective nature. Her outburst with him in the room was just the anger towards someone with little competence and understand grabbing the wheel with no consideration to her or her intentions. Being the pure "I don't want my friends to be hurt" kinda gal we've seen countless times in anime this is one of the worst things that could've played out. She told him, she told him early on, or at least implied the shit out of it;. Stay in your lane and don't cause trouble for me or yourself, which is trouble for me. He did the exact opposite. And even when he tried to explain himself he couldn't (not his fault). What that says is he won't even be honest towards her from her perspective. It's not about whether or not she made it worse or not. She was pissed, she got it off her chest, that makes her a lot more human than your typical "heroine" that seems to always have the perception and patient to put up with the MC's mess.

I'm quite sure she picked that up. But that's beyond the point. This shit is bigger than his feelings towards her. She has obligations that existed long before he stepped into her life. And he jeopardized all of that. Being a "friends" doesn't excuse meddling, especially when in hindsight only cause more trouble in the long run. Sorry the road to hell is the road to hell, is paved with good intention.

Again, this wording implies she should ignore her own problems and concern and consider his feelings, the feelings of a servant. A servant who blatantly disregarded the most direct order she's given him thus far because he "obviously loves her." This isn't your typical LN heroine or, at least with this she doesn't seem to be. This isn't about him, not in this world, at least.

Emilia is supposed to be a real person. Real peole don't always realize people's intentions and intentions aren't enough to keep someone from blowing their lid. You piss someone off, you apologize, they're still gonna be pissed. It happens get over it. Try better next time. Blaming someone for being salty after getting fucked over by someone's elses stupidity is hella trash.
QWERTYFish25Jun 27, 2016 2:36 PM
Jun 27, 2016 2:33 PM

Apr 2016
I've seen that already : making MC act like idiot for more drama.

I don't like it at all. Sure subaru wasn't always clever but it was still acceptable. Here it goes all over the place untill a point it's not even credible. What a cunt! How many time did he fail until he, no sorry, until HIS FRIENDS helped him to make things right? and he didn't learn any humility through that? In the contrary. What he said to emilia was the worst.

When I begin to hate the MC, my love of the serie fall down. hope he will mature quickly but the use of the let-the-MC-be-a-total-dumbass card is a flaw and clearly not what I wanted to see in this serie.
Ysad_ZiwezhanJun 27, 2016 2:38 PM
Jun 27, 2016 2:35 PM
Sep 2012
QWERTYFish25 said:
Doesn't mater why you do shit for others. Doesn't matter if that person loves you or not. It was in accordance with her own protective nature. Her outburst with him in the room was just the anger towards someone with little competence and understand grabbing the wheel with no consideration to her or her intentions. Being the pure "I don't want my friends to be hurt" kinda gal we've seen countless times in anime this is one of the worst things that could've played out. She told him, she told him early on, or at least implied the shit out of it;. Stay in your lane and don't cause trouble for me or yourself, which is trouble for me. He did the exact opposite. And even when he tried to explain himself he couldn't (not his fault). What that says is he won't even be honest towards her.

I'm quite sure she picked that up. But that's beyond the point. This shit is bigger than his feelings towards her. She has obligations that existed long before he stepped into her life. And he jeopardized all of that. Being a "friends" doesn't excuse meddling, especially when in hindsight only cause more trouble in the long run. Sorry the road to hell is the road to hell, is paved with good intention.

Again, this wording implies she should ignore her own problems and concern and consider his feelings, the feelings of a servant. A servant who blatantly disregarded the most direct order she's given him thus far because he "obviously loves her." This isn't your typical LN heroine or, at least with this she doesn't seem to be. This isn't about him, not in this world, at least.

Lol. Servant is the role Subaru gave himself. In reality he is one of Emilia's most important friends even with them only meeting for a month or so. Emilia even says that she has tons of debts to Subaru. Their relationship is much BIGGER than Servant and Master. Her self-esteem issues blinded her into believing that Subaru was acting out for the sake of it and that he had no reason to stand up for her. He indeed broke their promise in what he thought was the right decision at the time . He is to blame for losing Emilias trust but at the same time Emilia played a part in this fuckup as well.
Jun 27, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2011
LaxusAK said:
Emilia played a part of this fuckup too.

How so?

Mod Edit: No reaction imgs
TyrelJun 27, 2016 3:31 PM
Jun 27, 2016 2:43 PM

Oct 2014
eso18 said:

Minus that last section (:P), I completely agree with you. This was a very well thought-out analysis. As much as we can hate Subaru for being stupid, it is only natural that he developed this type of arrogance.

Just think about this for a second. Imagine that you were given a power that literally no one else was given. The type of power that, for your entire life, you thought was fictional. And even in fiction, it was reserved for someone who who was super important to the plot. It's only natural that you would come to think of yourself as a naturally important person. Especially when, because of your powers and efforts, you were able to perform something that literally no one else could have been able to do (assumingly anyway).

Who do you think the "girl" is going to be that brings him back to reality? I feel like I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, and you're actually talking about Emilia, but the way that I interpreted what you said, you're actually talking about someone else. I think it would be interesting if it were Elsa (no idea how they could make it work), but everyone said that she comes back this arc (I believe), and she doesn't seem like the type of person who would be absolutely hell-bent on killing Subaru to the point where she wouldn't work with him if they shared similar goals. That would make for an interesting plot development, I think.
Jun 27, 2016 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
No issues here. He is gonna reset anyway.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 27, 2016 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
Noumu said:
Soli18 said:

There should be more to it than that. What she did for him was more meaningful than we realize. As Subaru said, it had been years that he hadn't talked to a girl... while wanting to.

Jun 27, 2016 2:50 PM
Sep 2012
QWERTYFish25 said:
LaxusAK said:
Emilia played a part of this fuckup too.

How so?
QWERTYFish25 said:

How so?

Subaru cant fully explain himself due to the restraints on his power but that does not mean that Emilia has no blame in that argument. Emilia doesn't want to believe that Subaru would do all of this for her sake. For sure some if it was selfish and for his own desire to protect his prize but a large part of him doing things like speaking out to the counsel etc was his own attempt at protecting her. Emilia CHOOSES to ignore this fact and just says that Subaru did everything for himself. Her self-esteem is so low that she refuses to believe that the guy is honestly infatuated with her.
Jun 27, 2016 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
Zocky said:
Well, really interesting episode.

First....i read some people are having theories about emilia being actually jealous witch Satella, and that she's really just playing with him. I find that very, very interesting idea BUT, i do wonder about it.

Like, didn't Puck, in ep1 or so, when emilia introduced to subaru as Satella, reacted with a shock on his face, and even said "You really have a bad taste" or something along those lines? Sure this could be something else too, but still, doesn't this kinda comfirm she's not the jealous witch?

But hm, i do wonder if they do pull out something they did in another anime (or rather, light novel). Meaning, maybe she really isn't Satella, but that still doesn't make it impossible that maybe realy witch is indeed playing with him; maybe even MAKING him think he's madly in love with her, to somehow damage emilia. Now that would be a twist. At least it shocked me some in that certain LN i rather not mentione to avoid spoilers. :P

"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 27, 2016 3:00 PM

Jan 2011
Dude, she has no memory of the deeds he did in his loops. To her he sounds like a fucking nut. Just because you do something that would benefit another doesn't mean you don't have some bullshit motive the fucked up your judgement. As the audience we understand because we are not bound by the rules of his power. From her limited and linear perspective she concludes it was selfish, not selfless because he knows first hand how easy it is for her to get chopped down. Not because she knows and understands him yet. That was the whole purpose of that shady-as-fuck "give me a reason to trust you" line. She wanted to know where his head was at. And in her eyes his head is fixated on protecting his precious Emilia regardless of what ultimately comes from it. She got tight. Excuse her for being (half-)human.

iRels said:

She was too pure of heart. She wasn't strict enough with him. It's like when a mother spoils a child. But that's a weakness.

What? Didn't she pretty much tell him to stay in the car? Should she have pulled out a belt?
QWERTYFish25Jun 27, 2016 3:05 PM
Jun 27, 2016 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
LaxusAK said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

How so?

QWERTYFish25 said:

How so?

Subaru cant fully explain himself due to the restraints on his power but that does not mean that Emilia has no blame in that argument. Emilia doesn't want to believe that Subaru would do all of this for her sake. For sure some if it was selfish and for his own desire to protect his prize but a large part of him doing things like speaking out to the counsel etc was his own attempt at protecting her. Emilia CHOOSES to ignore this fact and just says that Subaru did everything for himself. Her self-esteem is so low that she refuses to believe that the guy is honestly infatuated with her.

You're not telling the entire story here. She didn't ignore, but considered it. He speaking to the counsel was him, to me, wanting to keep his self-esteem, more than anything else. He'd not want to be see himself as someone that'd be incapable of aiding her. Her low self-esteem is understandable. But it's not only because of that, that she refuses to argue with others. It's also because she's pure of mind. She'd find it too unpleasant to argue - and in a way, inflict harm to another person. Subaru should've understood more about the gravity of the prejudice she suffers. But he refused to. He didn't want to see her the way others did.
TyrelJun 27, 2016 3:28 PM
Jun 27, 2016 3:06 PM

May 2009
Quetzaly said:
I knew this was a harem anime but I continued to watch because I liked the premise but hell...

This episode was a mess, Subaru is annoying af. I really hope this gets better in the 2nd part.

There is no harem.
Jun 27, 2016 3:07 PM
Sep 2012
Lol nothings gonna change my mind. Emilia and Subaru we're both at fault. Alright, time to catch up on the web novel.
TyrelJun 27, 2016 3:27 PM
Jun 27, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2014
damn Subaru fucked up, this episode was pretty depressing. But you know what? Even so it's got me hyped that the series is about to get a lot better.
Jun 27, 2016 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
QWERTYFish25 said:

iRels said:

She was too pure of heart. She wasn't strict enough with him. It's like when a mother spoils a child. But that's a weakness.

What? Didn't she pretty much tell him to stay in the car? Should she have pulled out a belt?

It was also before all this. It's what I said, about her not being judgemental enough of his actions. She treats him too much like a friend. Gives him too much privilege. And you know? Roswaal had a part in this. He made it easier for Subaru to be allowed to go to the town. Subaru wasn't behaving like a butler at all. But Emilia was tolerating it.
Jun 27, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
iRels said:
It was also before all this. It's what I said, about her not being judgemental enough of his actions. She treats him too much like a friend. Gives him too much privilege. And you know? Roswaal had a part in this. He made it easier for Subaru to be allowed to go to the town. Subaru wasn't behaving like a butler at all. But Emilia was tolerating it.

I could see this. She gave him a bit of slack early on. But then again, anime. He should've honored her when she told him though I mean he's pretty much a grown man. Even went as far as making him "promise". Meh. Chalk it up to her friendly nature.
TyrelJun 27, 2016 3:26 PM
Jun 27, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2015
People not realising they are both right or wrong. Are you even supposed to take sides here? It's just stupid. You'd only hate on Subaru, maybe it's a some kind of vaccine for what's to come. But you're not supposed to go apeshit crazy like that and ignoring people who prove you wrong, again and again.

Jun 27, 2016 3:47 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:

Episode 7.

Are you ******* me??!! Go re-watch episode 7 and tell me which scene makes him accept reality. All there is in episode 7 is his breakdown of being betrayed and unable to solve the situation NOT the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him. If you can prove me wrong, give me ONE scene where it shows or implies that he's accepting the fact that the world doesn't revolve around him.

All the cries, breakdowns in that episode is nothing more but him being utterly completely depressed on the inability to find the proper "route". Heck let me show you one scene where it basically shows that HIS MC MENTALITY NEVER DISAPPEARED BUT ACTUALLY INTENSIFIES.

Fai said:

Except that arc 2 was already all about introducing reality and making him face it. HE LITERALLY BROKE DOWN TWICE over both others rejecting his white knighting and over how real the situation is. WE SAW HIM reflect on his own selfish nature too.

Hell even further apart in Arc 1 he started as "i am the MC, duh" aND THEN HE DIED and was forced to realize it by dying again and again. Then that realization was completed in arc2.

Also are you SERIOUSLY claiming that saving people is unrealistic?

He already accepted that fact in Arc1.
He tought he was some kind of super MC until he got rekt.

Its kind of hilarious how both the show and those defending this Subaru seem to have caught a case of amnesia that erased the arc2 from their minds.

Arc 1 sets his line of thought from thinking that his life is being blessed and he is a protagonist that won't lose to anything. The ending of Arc 1 sets it that this life isn't that EASY but it is much MUCH HARDER than he thought but he NEVER thought that he is NOT THE MC.

In Arc 2 he reflect on his own selfish nature. Yes that is true, but his white knighting? NEVER. As a matter of fact, episode 12 was the first time that he is rejected for being a white knight by none other than Emilia herself!!! In Arc 2 he actually ALMOST gave up being the white knight simply because of how hopeless the situation is but he regained that motivation.

In Arc 3 he is simply rejected because IT WAS NEVER NEEDED. That's the MAJOR DIFFERENCE in the arcs!! If he didn't become a white knight in Arc 2 he wouldn't have the willingness to saved everyone there!! But in Arc 3 no one needed saving, only his own mind thought so!!!!

How can you be so dense not to understand these simple progressions??

Also WTF? I never said that saving people is unrealistic??? Don't twist my words out of context....
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jun 27, 2016 3:48 PM
May 2010
1. Whether you like it or not Subaru is a victim.

Look at what he has been through and all of the deaths. This mirrors what happens to people that goto PTSD. They feel exactly the same way.

2. None of those people bother to ask where he is from.

I find it a bit retarded that Emilia has been ignoring all the crazy stuff this entire time and not asking the others questions about why he is doing all this.

3. Subaru should have found some other way to let her know that he can't talk.

4. That promise when she left for the city was all about her making sure he didn't get too close to the truth about how bad everything really was.

5. He was expecting the knight to kill him but it didn't work out. I didn't buy that he wouldn't have any sword skills by now after all of the fights he has been in.

6. With it being as crazy as it was with everyone spouting what they thought you would think they would have let him go and given him some kind of challenge.

7. I like how they basically turned him into a broken White Knight character. I'm surprised he didn't just throw himself out of the window. Or that he didn't die when he used up his magic.

8. Rom almost got dealt with. If he had died Subaru would have killed himself.
Jun 27, 2016 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
I thought he would kill himself at the end tbh
Jun 27, 2016 4:41 PM
Jan 2013
Honestly the part that pissed me off about this episode wasnt Subaru's autism but the whole royal selection thing in the courtroom

>everyone speaks out of turn and argues for no reason other than to try and create drama
>everyone gives bullshit reasons as to why they want to be the queen besides Emilia (gee I wonder who Im supposed to be rooting for)
>Felt literally threatens to destroy the whole nation and kill everyone and the old guy just says 'wow she's quite intense huh' and they do NOTHING
>Old Man Rom breaks into the room, creates a smokescreen, and attempts to snatch Felt away, gets death penalty, but Felt just says 'hey let him go okay' and they just do

It's all so dumb and terribly written
Jun 27, 2016 4:51 PM

Jan 2011
I don't mean to sound like I'm asking for sadist porn here but can we get Subaru crying like a bitch while his princess gets her fingernails ripped off with pliers or some shit? Since we're pretty much pandering with the royal selection, let's bump it up a notch. Let's show him how well tantrums work in this world.
Jun 27, 2016 4:52 PM

Aug 2015
enginesofdemise said:
>everyone gives bullshit reasons as to why they want to be the queen besides Emilia (gee I wonder who Im supposed to be rooting for)

It seems there are people in our world who would never want Emilia as a queen. So no, you are not wondering who you should be rooting for.

>Felt literally threatens to destroy the whole nation and kill everyone and the old guy just says 'wow she's quite intense huh' and they do NOTHING

What would they do exactly and why?

Jun 27, 2016 5:01 PM

Apr 2014
QWERTYFish25 said:
I don't mean to sound like I'm asking for sadist porn here but can we get Subaru crying like a bitch while his princess gets her fingernails ripped off with pliers or some shit? Since we're pretty much pandering with the royal selection, let's bump it up a notch. Let's show him how well tantrums work in this world.
Oh boy, you're going to love the upcoming episodes.
Jun 27, 2016 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
At first it was a bit hard to swallow. But between Emilia's goody goody shit and Subaru's theft of screen time (and air) I welcome it.All we need now is Asanagi's expertise on mindbreak and I'll be set. I'll leave the auditions to him.
Jun 27, 2016 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
enginesofdemise said:
Honestly the part that pissed me off about this episode wasnt Subaru's autism but the whole royal selection thing in the courtroom

>everyone speaks out of turn and argues for no reason other than to try and create drama

They're strong, greedy individuals. They've the privilege.

They'd want to fullfill their own wishes. It's reasonable.

She's in a high position, as a candidate. It gives her liberties.

>Old Man Rom breaks into the room, creates a smokescreen, and attempts to snatch Felt away, gets death penalty, but Felt just says 'hey let him go okay' and they just do

They obey the candidate Felt.

It's you who is.
Jun 27, 2016 5:16 PM

Jul 2007
enginesofdemise said:

yeah to be honest thats one of bigger complaints for me apart form shitbaru

I expected politics and subterfuge, I got bunch of people shouting and screaming at each other. Like, whaaaat. That was as subtle as hitting someone in a face with a brick. Certainly not what I expected from an actual political part of the show.

I hope its handled better next week.
Jun 27, 2016 5:26 PM

Jun 2014
Man, that was harder to watch than last episode. Subaru's cringe-inducing behavior has just been over the line for me lately to the point where I have to pause multiple times just to fully comprehend how stupid he is. I'm also considering dropping my score because of how annoying I find him to be. He really just needs to learn how to stop acting out of line so that he doesn't find himself in bad situations. It was horrible watching him fight Julius because he didn't listen to Emilia's plead for him not to attend the selection. I feel like he deserved everything that came to him this episode.

On a good note, though, I enjoyed Felt's reintroduction.

Pages (28) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2078 by NicoIsCool »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.