Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, guess we don't need to question if Eileen/Irene and Erza are related anymore! XD Goodness, what a stunning design Mashima! XD Dat Brandish hype comparing her to August too. Jellal's magic sure looks fancy. A very pretty starry sky. XD Poor Simon, boy did that character ever draw the short end of the stick in this series! XD But anyway yeah, that seems to be all in the South.
Apr 25, 2016 1:33 AM
May 2009
Hopefully Eileen will have a good fight with Natsu. Anyway, nice chapter. Liked Jellal's magic as well.
ありがとう♪
ここだけ アニメとマンガアップデート
Apr 25, 2016 3:12 AM
Sep 2014
Almost 500 chapters in and Mashima could pull characters out of his ass literally a chapter before she's introduced and you people get all starry-eyed over it.

I guess Fairy Tail fans don't expect much more than fan service from this series if you can allow yourself to be hyped for a character pulled literally out of nowhere.
Apr 25, 2016 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
The only good thing about this chapter was seeing Eileen/Irene I am a bit interested in her and what's the relationship between her and Erza, tho Mashima is literally reusing the Silver card.
Aiyen said:
Almost 500 chapters in and Mashima could pull characters out of his ass literally a chapter before she's introduced and you people get all starry-eyed over it.

I guess Fairy Tail fans don't expect much more than fan service from this series if you can allow yourself to be hyped for a character pulled literally out of nowhere.

I'm sorry but that happens in almost every series.
Apr 25, 2016 3:42 AM
Sep 2014
metsujin said:
The only good thing about this chapter was seeing Eileen/Irene I am a bit interested in her and what's the relationship between her and Erza, tho Mashima is literally reusing the Silver card.
Aiyen said:

You're implying every series has bad writing and that is just not true. Also, I LOATHE that excuse.

"This writer is bad because everyone else is bad. I don't expect anything different in this series because I am content with the mediocrity the writer is feeding me".

Keep milking your fans, Mashima. They don't expect or deserve better lol
Apr 25, 2016 3:45 AM

Apr 2008
Aiyen said:

Silver was the same and I don't see you criticizing that. Double standard much?
Apr 25, 2016 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
Aiyen said:
metsujin said:

You're implying every series has bad writing and that is just not true. Also, I LOATHE that excuse.

"This writer is bad because everyone else is bad. I don't expect anything different in this series because I am content with the mediocrity the writer is feeding me".

Keep milking your fans, Mashima. They don't expect or deserve better lol

Should have made my point better, my fault on that, but what I meant was when a new character is introduce people get excited over them, especially if their design is cool/cute/badass looking.
metsujinApr 25, 2016 3:59 AM
Apr 25, 2016 3:56 AM
Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Aiyen said:

Silver was the same and I don't see you criticizing that. Double standard much?

I wasn't active on MAL back then. I was only a reader.
Apr 25, 2016 4:45 AM

Dec 2013
One shots were everywhere in this chapter.

Erza's mother is here?
Apr 25, 2016 4:46 AM

Dec 2012
Always love seeing Jellal use Grand Chariot. Well Neinhart is defeated.
Everyone else managed to defeat their historia illusions.
August is the "Strongest Man"
Eileen Belserion is the "Strongest Women". WOW she looks beautiful. Interesting to see what she can do.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 25, 2016 4:49 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 25, 2016 4:46 AM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:

Erza's mother is here?

My vote definitely goes to mother especially with that huge scar on her stomach
Apr 25, 2016 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
Hm is that Erza's mother at the end there? I wonder how strong she really is. FT's counterattack is fabulous though. Lyon and Gray~
Apr 25, 2016 5:15 AM

Jun 2013
G_Spark233 said:

Erza's mother is here?

So when you say 'one-shot' I get it in Neinheart's case (sorta will try to explain why based on what you answer) but the rest... not really? I mean to me a one shot is something like what Natsu did to the Avatar scrubs and Bluenote, right? Can we agree on that? But fighting someone than using a 'powerful' attack to finish your enemy is categorized as a one-shot? Regardless if said move/attack is BS or not.
Apr 25, 2016 5:17 AM

Apr 2012
I thought the chapter was cool
I'm curious to see what Eileen can do
Apr 25, 2016 5:36 AM

Jan 2016
She looks cool and all, but it's hard to give a shit about any of the Spriggans when you know that they're not gonna live up to the hype...

What happened to the "they are all around God Serena's level of power"? And yet while God Serena took the top 4 saint wizards in Fiore all by himself the others Spriggan are being defeated left and right in 1v1 fights
Apr 25, 2016 5:37 AM

Jan 2015
Looks like Kagura and Jellal are getting along well. Nice attack from Jellal. Everyone else managed to defeat their enemies too.
Lady Eileen's design seems good. If she's Erza's mother, she looks kind of young...not like that really matters in manga. But I wonder why she's working under Zeref. If she really is Erza's mother, then she should be upset about her daughter being taken away to construct the R-system. Something similar to Silver's story maybe? I don't know... Let's wait and watch.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Apr 25, 2016 5:44 AM
Oct 2013
4/5 for the potential this chapter could have.Honestly I do not give a fuck about Irene, she was just introduced and even if she´s the strongest among the Spriggans that doesn´t mean much if she´s judged among her peers.

Anything interesting that could come out of that would be the interactions and relationships she has as far as the rest of the chapter goes. Honestly it was a oneshot, but it´s Jellal the guy was introduced as being broken from the start and he had 8 years worth of training (unlike the Fairy Taiil cast).It´s reasonable to level up in the timespan of 8 years especially when you were broken before and required a plot device to be taken down. It´s a oneshot nonetheless but in the context of the story it made sense unlike Fairy Tails oneshots.

What annoyed me though was the emphasis on Charla and Wendy´s relationship.
One of the main issues of Mashima is that he keeps repeating and hammering in the same relationships over and over again. We know those two love each other, we know it no need to remind us.It´s Naruto and Sasuke all over again, we knew their backstory after a certain point. Worst of all those relationships do not develop it´s literally things we already know.
IsterioApr 25, 2016 5:50 AM
Apr 25, 2016 5:51 AM

Apr 2008
RileyReid said:
She looks cool and all, but it's hard to give a shit about any of the Spriggans when you know that they're not gonna live up to the hype...

What happened to the "they are all around God Serena's level of power"? And yet while God Serena took the top 4 saint wizards in Fiore all by himself the others Spriggan are being defeated left and right in 1v1 fights

There you go again overestimating the wizard saints.
Apr 25, 2016 6:00 AM
May 2015
Chapter was the definition of lame.

Why people are getting excited about Irene baffles me
Apr 25, 2016 6:02 AM

Jul 2012
Another great chapter, who am i kidding ... More like blah blah blah ... and Eileen Berserion. And another super strong spriggan down.
allenjkeApr 25, 2016 6:09 AM
Apr 25, 2016 6:02 AM
Apr 2016
Very disappointing chapter. This chapter saw the most number of one shots in FT history. The only one shot I was ok with in this chapter was Jellal one shotting Neinhart, but even that was bad since all it took from Jellal was his basic spell that Natsu, Jura and Oracion Seis tanked (an upgraded version, but still his most basic nuke nonetheless)
Apr 25, 2016 6:04 AM

May 2014
Somehow I feel like the the spriggan 12 might actually be like what 15? Seems like it. And let me guess Eileen is what Erza's sister or something? Pfft typical if that were the case.
Apr 25, 2016 6:05 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
RileyReid said:

There you go again overestimating the wizard saints.

I think the overhype goes both ways, which is probably why this arc falls so flat for me.
Apr 25, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2013
metsujin said:
G_Spark233 said:

Erza's mother is here?

So when you say 'one-shot' I get it in Neinheart's case (sorta will try to explain why based on what you answer) but the rest... not really? I mean to me a one shot is something like what Natsu did to the Avatar scrubs and Bluenote, right? Can we agree on that? But fighting someone than using a 'powerful' attack to finish your enemy is categorized as a one-shot? Regardless if said move/attack is BS or not.

It's not really "finishing off" your enemy if they haven't taken any damage in the first place.
Apr 25, 2016 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
G_Spark233 said:
metsujin said:

It's not really "finishing off" your enemy if they haven't taken any damage in the first place.

But in the case of the 'historia of corpses' you can't really harm them as inflicting injuries and such, they just disappear. Neinheart is a different story, he's just another cocky villain.
Apr 25, 2016 6:14 AM

Dec 2013
metsujin said:
G_Spark233 said:

But in the case of the 'historia of corpses' you can't really harm them as inflicting injuries and such, they just disappear. Neinheart is a different story, he's just another cocky villain.

They looked like they were completely uninjured but it could just be because Jellal too down Neinhart immediately as they all used their big moves at the exact same time.
Apr 25, 2016 6:15 AM
Feb 2016
Well if Erza will defeat Eileen(I have a feeling it's her mom) then Eileen will pass her powers to her daughter. Just like Silver did. And maybe Jellal will defeat her. Like Gruvia's case. Gray doesn't want to kill Silver so Silver says to Juvia that she needs to defeat Keys and technically kill Silver. If Erza gets too emotional to kill her mother then Jellal will somehow defeat her and hug Erza's boobs xD.
Apr 25, 2016 6:19 AM

Jun 2012
Sure, one could bitch about how anti-climatically the replicants and Spriggan of the Week were taken down, but that'd just be beating a dead horse. Two chapter fights with boring finales have been the status quo of this series for years now. I'm more disappointed at how incredibly average Jelly's finisher was considering how uncharacteristically pissed he got last week.

Trentor11 said:

Why people are getting excited about Irene baffles me

Why people still get excited over anything in this arc baffles me.
Apr 25, 2016 6:21 AM
Apr 2016
metsujin said:
G_Spark233 said:

Erza's mother is here?

Hades and Ul were one shotted. Look at the panels, they didn't have a single scratch on their body. Same with Zancrow and Ezel, not a single scratch on their body to getting ttotally destroyed
Apr 25, 2016 6:24 AM

Jun 2013
G_Spark233 said:
metsujin said:

They looked like they were completely uninjured but it could just be because Jellal too down Neinhart immediately as they all used their big moves at the exact same time.

Agreed, but going back to the 'one-shot' thing, I saw a lot of people using this term in this arc... which to me seemed ridiculous, because the fights followed the basic Fairy Tail formula... Let me explain what I think a 'one-shot' is first using some examples, Natsu fighting Bluenote, that is a 'one-shot' he used a single attack to defeat him, same with the Avatar scrubs, same thing happened. Now moving to the fights in this arc, both sides inflicted injuries to one another, right? Let's say Laxus vs. Wahl, they battled a little, both took some damage (Laxus more), than Laxus pulls that attack and wins. See where I'm getting at?
Apr 25, 2016 6:25 AM

Sep 2013
okay, so let me get this straight..... jellal's mere AURA alone's capable of changing the whole atmosphere even in the skies on the horizon?.....skies in the horizon are ranging from several km..... and he oneshotted a freaking spriggan with nothing other than his day to day casual spells(grandchariot is not even considered his ultimate spells)
Apr 25, 2016 6:27 AM

Dec 2013
metsujin said:
G_Spark233 said:

Agreed, but going back to the 'one-shot' thing, I saw a lot of people using this term in this arc... which to me seemed ridiculous, because the fights followed the basic Fairy Tail formula... Let me explain what I think a 'one-shot' is first using some examples, Natsu fighting Bluenote, that is a 'one-shot' he used a single attack to defeat him, same with the Avatar scrubs, same thing happened. Now moving to the fights in this arc, both sides inflicted injuries to one another, right? Let's say Laxus vs. Wahl, they battled a little, both took some damage (Laxus more), than Laxus pulls that attack and wins. See where I'm getting at?

I agree with all of this but in these fights there wasn't any back and forth. Just one side severely struggling until they suddenly get a boost in power and take their opponent in one hit without dealing any damage before hand.
Apr 25, 2016 6:28 AM

Dec 2008
If that's Erza's mom, I'm sold.
GIVE ME THE NEXT CHAPTER!
Nov 2015
Jellal's signature move l love that from tower of heaven arc
Seven stars : Grand Chariot

Hmmm strongest individuals

*Calling Gildarts and Mystogan

Oct 2011
Nooo, Erza's red won't be the strongest red anymore

Apr 25, 2016 6:32 AM
Mar 2015
frostmourn said:
Very disappointing chapter. This chapter saw the most number of one shots in FT history. The only one shot I was ok with in this chapter was Jellal one shotting Neinhart, but even that was bad since all it took from Jellal was his basic spell that Natsu, Jura and Oracion Seis tanked (an upgraded version, but still his most basic nuke nonetheless)

Tbf. Jellal was holding back when he used GC on Natsu, Oracion Seis and Jura.

But here Jellal went bloodlusted and we arent sure if Neinhart is even dead
Apr 25, 2016 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
G_Spark233 said:
metsujin said:

I agree with all of this but in these fights there wasn't any back and forth. Just one side severely struggling until they suddenly get a boost in power and take their opponent in one hit without dealing any damage before hand.

Which is why this (and the Jacob one) are the most underwhelming fights until now... and Brandish.
Apr 25, 2016 6:33 AM
Apr 2016
xso111 said:
okay, so let me get this straight..... jellal's mere AURA alone's capable of changing the whole atmosphere even in the skies on the horizon?.....skies in the horizon are ranging from several km..... and he oneshotted a freaking spriggan with nothing other than his day to day casual spells(grandchariot is not even considered his ultimate spells)

Which is why this is a bad chapter. Jellal one shotted Neinhart with one of his weakest attacks, no matter how powerful this guy has become its still lame
Apr 25, 2016 6:35 AM
Apr 2016
Emirius said:
frostmourn said:

Still doesn't excuse him one-shotting Neinhart with one of his weakest spells. So if we do power scaling now, he should be able to one-shot Zeref if he uses Abyss Break/Sema, which is ridiculous
Apr 25, 2016 6:37 AM

Mar 2014
Seriously who is voting 5's? This was crap even the fight I was looking forward to was crap.

And once again Carla needs to close her mouth

And the worst part was Brandish just walking around in the guild like she's been there regularly. Dumbest heel face turn in recent memory. The Spriggans are lackluster forgettable and just plain bad

People getting hyped over a reskin Erza. Even knowing how this arc has been. Arguably the worst chapter in the arc
Apr 25, 2016 6:37 AM

Jun 2013
frostmourn said:
Emirius said:

Still doesn't excuse him one-shotting Neinhart with one of his weakest spells. So if we do power scaling now, he should be able to one-shot Zeref if he uses Abyss Break/Sema, which is ridiculous

First Jellal is strong, he was always strong, second it's not his weakest spell, he never said that, in fact he said that this spell has the destructive power of a meteor.
Apr 25, 2016 6:41 AM

Nov 2015
Natsu what an idiot, thinking he can take on August.
I hope August beats the living shit out of that moron.

Shit chapter. Only thing good about it were the Laxus and Gray dialogues/speeches.
Apr 25, 2016 6:45 AM
Apr 2016
metsujin said:
frostmourn said:

First Jellal is strong, he was always strong, second it's not his weakest spell, he never said that, in fact he said that this spell has the destructive power of a meteor.

Sorry, let me rephrase it. It is his weakest signature spell out of all we have seen. Abyss Break, Altaris, Sema and Self Destruction Circle are all more powerful than Grant Chariot from what we've seen.

I know Jellal is one of the strongest characters in the series and till now is the only person I am ok with taking out a Spriggan (hype vise). I am ok with Jellal one shotting Neinhart with an OP spell, but with Grant Chariot? NO Fucking WAY!!

Neinhart was introduced as someone above all Spriggans will now except God Serena (he one shotted Jellal before temperorly) and then got one shotted by a basic spell? Thats bad IMO

Oct 2015
RileyReid said:

Well I kinda See what u mean xD if that's the case then I think God serena is on a whole another level, he's at least stronger than all of the spriggan shown

Sep 2013
frostmourn said:

first of all what natsu and co tanked was a pre-skip GC neinhart took current jellal's GC.... secondly this GC is from a bloodlusted jellal, he's holding back in ToH arc coz he doesn't want to damage the tower(said so), he's not gonna kil jura, and sure as hell is he not gonna kil OS.
Apr 25, 2016 6:47 AM

Sep 2013
frostmourn said:
xso111 said:

Which is why this is a bad chapter. Jellal one shotted Neinhart with one of his weakest attacks, no matter how powerful this guy has become its still lame

because he's just that strong in this timeskip
Apr 25, 2016 6:48 AM

Oct 2015
frostmourn said:
xso111 said:

well we dont know if it's his basic and weakest spell or not, take natsu for example, he can use his roar like everyday, he does against noobs too, but when he used it full power, he did oneshot Hades and Bluenote, so it depends on the power used; and jellal used his full power this chapter
Apr 25, 2016 6:48 AM
Apr 2016
Rex_Connor said:
Natsu what an idiot, thinking he can take on August.
I hope August beats the living shit out of that moron.

Shit chapter. Only thing good about it were the Laxus and Gray dialogues/speeches.

Nope, the Laxus quote was bad AF, Hades did more for Mavis than anyone else in FT, he is the reason why her body is still alive and Lumen Histore exists. He worked hard for 40 years so that Mavis would come back to life and now gets shitted on?

And remember that Laxus was there when Mavis explained to the guild about how hard Hades tried to bring her back to life, how much he cared for her. And still Laxus says BS to hades? The guy sucks, and this quote is the worst in the chapter
Apr 25, 2016 6:52 AM

Feb 2010
Thought the dead people thing would last a bit longer.

It was pretty funny when Brandish looked so casual and Natsu had just let her out. Wonder which enemy will appear first at ft.
Apr 25, 2016 6:53 AM
Apr 2016
TheSinOfWrath said:
frostmourn said:

well we dont know if it's his basic and weakest spell or not, take natsu for example, he can use his roar like everyday, he does against noobs too, but when he used it full power, he did oneshot Hades and Bluenote, so it depends on the power used; and jellal used his full power this chapter

Other spells by Jellal are proven to be stronger in pre-time skip. Erza lost all hope when Jellal made Abyss Break's circle (Erza fucking lost hope, thats something), Self Destruction spell - almost destryed Nirvana, Sema - the one he was going to use against Jura covered half the city, the weaker one he used against Oracion levelled multiple mountains. Altaris actually killed someone.

Grand Chariot was casually blocked by Jura lol, but Jura got scared when Sema was being charged, meaning Sema >> Grand Chariot.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 295 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Aug 17, 2012

96 by KayKimii »»
Aug 8, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 283 Discussion ( 1 2 )

azeriraz - May 18, 2012

60 by KayKimii »»
Aug 8, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 545 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

animefan8800 - Jul 21, 2017

235 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 20, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Jul 13, 2017

98 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 16, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 543 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jul 7, 2017

40 by a0i-kun »»
Jul 16, 5:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.