Forum Settings
Forums

Petting confirmed removed from the English localized version of Fire Emblem: Fates

New
Pages (27) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2016 10:22 AM

Aug 2008
Immahnoob said:
destructo22 said:
I didn't know there was a wake up feature. Now, that's pretty cool....unless it becomes repetitive.
That's why they mentioned specific ranks, only those can trigger them, and at random too.

And I thought you weren't into these type of features...?
Petting someone face to face repetitively? No, I'm not into that. So glad Nintendo took it out.This feature sounds fine, though.

Honestly, the less live 2D character models I see, the better. They are kinda ugly.
Feb 10, 2016 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
destructo22 said:
Immahnoob said:
That's why they mentioned specific ranks, only those can trigger them, and at random too.

And I thought you weren't into these type of features...?
Petting someone face to face repetitively? No, I'm not into that. So glad Nintendo took it out.This feature sounds fine, though.
You're being contradictory, you're saying you're fine with content that is optional to be taken out and you're happy with that, but you're ok with content that is optional and random to be in the game.

We now know you're a really bad liar.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 10, 2016 10:25 AM

Aug 2008
Immahnoob said:
destructo22 said:
It makes no sense that you're glad an optional part of the game was taken out for the American/European version.

You didn't even need to touch it.
How am I supposed to get my bonuses then? It's so much easier this way instead of having to grind.
Feb 10, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
destructo22 said:
How am I supposed to get my bonuses then? It's so much easier this way instead of having to grind.
So you want bonuses for not playing the game?

You want EXTRA bonuses for not playing the game.

Emphasis on EXTRA.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 10:32 AM

Aug 2008
Immahnoob said:
destructo22 said:
Yeah, I don't want to touch them to get bonuses.
Feb 10, 2016 10:34 AM

Apr 2012
destructo22 said:
Immahnoob said:

Again, EXTRA bonuses for not playing the game.

You could have just used Phoenix Mode instead of being contradictory.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2008
Immahnoob said:
destructo22 said:

Again, EXTRA bonuses for not playing the game.

You could have just used Phoenix Mode instead of being contradictory.
Why would I have to stoop down to a lower difficulty when I can enjoy the game in its entirety without having to touch characters thanks to Nintendo? lol

The menial task of selecting a character to come to my room should be satisfactory to get the bonus in of itself, so I don't see the problem. Why would I want to perpetuate it by starting a minigame of having to touch and pet them to get the bonuses?

Contradictory or not, I can enjoy whatever aspect of the game I want. So even though I don't wanna touch or pet characters for a certain amount of time to get a bonus, I don't mind touching them for a little bit to wake them up. That's cool with me.
Feb 10, 2016 10:50 AM

Apr 2010
Immahnoob said:
Shirou- said:

To be honest, I already have an old flashcard of Sky3DS, with the Blue Button. And it's not about the smaller risk of getting the console bricked, as I find it more "noob friendly", on how to add games to your card, how to make them run and so on. I'm not very good with the homebrew stuff, and my OFW is above 10 (10.3 if I'm not wrong...only checked it when I 1st bough me a N3DS XL, a few weeks ago).
You can downgrade at 10.3 to 9.2, which is the most supported version for SysNAND. Actually, most people recommend you have 10.3 to downgrade, even if you can downgrade anything =<10.3.

After downgrading, you can't possibly brick at all, unless you fuck up big time. There are a ton of explicit guides to help you out on GBATemp and 3dshacks. The community is also really helpful and welcoming.

But if you want to use a Sky3DS+ flashcart, I see no reason to stop you.

That's the thing I'm kinda scared though lol That I might fuck up...heck before buying a N3DS XL, I had a normal 3DS XL, and dabbled with the homebrew, while trying diff YT tutorials. It didn't end well for me.

It's not like I regret it though...I was planning to get a N3DS anyway, since Nintendo will stop doing games for the regular 3DS sooner or later.

But yeah, I find the Sky3DS+ a more viable option for a noob like me lol

Also...don't bother with replying to some of the peepz here...from what I see, some of them are being haters, just for the sake of it. They're not worth your time.

I might bother you in a near future with some question regarding the whole homebrew stuff though, since I have a friend that doesn't want to buy a Sky3DS+, and he knows next to 0 english, to understand any tutorials
Feb 10, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2016
I don't like the removal of a feature, but people sure do blow things out of proportion. People act like their just playing Fire Emblem for the petting minigame. It sucks that its removed, but I doubt its going to spoil your overall enjoyment of the game.

For localization itself some changes in dialog are needed otherwise most people wouldn't understand certain references and dialog.

I'll be buying Fire Emblem because I love the series and want to add it to my collection of games. I don't agree with the choices they made, but i'd like them to continue bringing Fire Emblem games to the west.
SaltySeakingFeb 10, 2016 11:03 AM
Feb 10, 2016 11:08 AM

Apr 2014
Shirou- said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

One poll doesn't represent the opinions of everyone.

I'd say that the fact that Fates is selling like hotcakes proves that no one gives a crap about the fact that you can't pet anyone that isn't your spouse.

If the poll isn't enough proof, then check IGN's video regarding the whole petting game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahNiVdS_Fsc

2100 dislikes vs almost 200 likes. Or you will tell me like some other brainwashed dudes, that it's only MAL's opinion, and only MAL voted in that poll (in this case disliked the video)?

It's pretty clear who's the minority here. And no...the game is far from "selling like hotcakes".

Oh well...time to buy myself a Sky3DS+ flashcard, and pirate the living hell out of Nintendon't' games.

I already addressed that crappy video.

I've seen other videos regarding this issue where the video was mostly thumbed up.

I've also seen plenty of other websites where the general consensus was that removing the stupid petting was the right choice. Heck, if you go onto reddit and complain about the censorship, you'll get down voted to hell and back.

Prove that the game isn't selling well.

Feb 10, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
More proof that no one cares about skinship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz336BMwnjc

Feb 10, 2016 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
@Dragonage2ftw

Oh, so you seem to be ignoring me now. Oh well...

I've seen other videos regarding this issue where the video was mostly thumbed up.
Post them here.

I've also seen plenty of other websites where the general consensus was that removing the stupid petting was the right choice. Heck, if you go onto reddit and complain about the censorship, you'll get down voted to hell and back.
That strawpoll actually went through the Fire Emblem subreddit. And post those sites too.

Prove that the game isn't selling well.
I don't need to, you actually have to prove that the game IS selling well.

@destructo22

Why would I have to stoop down to a lower difficulty when I can enjoy the game in its entirety without having to touch characters thanks to Nintendo? lol
First of, you'd be playing the game in its entirety while still having the optional content. Those extra (and I emphasize extra again) are neither necessary or paramount for you to play the game.

Second of, if we're going to go by your logic, you're not actually playing the entirety of the game because the optional content has been cut, so that would be impossible.

Third of, the reason I told you to use Phoenix Mode is because you want extra stats without actually doing anything, so why not play Phoenix Mode if you're so eager to not play the game?

The menial task of selecting a character to come to my room should be satisfactory to get the bonus in of itself, so I don't see the problem.
Again, why not play on Phoenix Mode if you want free stats?
Why would I want to perpetuate it by starting a minigame of having to touch and pet them to get the bonuses?
Because, as you said, you'd want to play the game in its entirety.

Why else would you want this feature? Many others, like more money for Nintendo so they continue the series with higher production value.
Contradictory or not, I can enjoy whatever aspect of the game I want. So even though I don't wanna touch or pet characters for a certain amount of time to get a bonus, I don't mind touching them for a little bit to wake them up. That's cool with me.
So you want to be as unreasonable as possible, that's fine by me. It's not as if you're not wrong still.

@SaltySeaking

I don't like the removal of a feature, but people sure do blow things out of proportion.
Censorship is a big deal actually.
It sucks that its removed, but I doubt its going to spoil your overall enjoyment of the game.
It already did.

For localization itself some changes in dialog are needed otherwise most people wouldn't understand certain references and dialog.
Prove it.

Actually, nevermind, you can't anyway.

This "it's because of culture" excuse is so overused and simply wrong anyway. I already gave you examples of dialogues that were nonsensically changed. So unless you can't speak English, then you can't blame "culture". Maybe you could blame your English comprehension at that point.
I'll be buying Fire Emblem because I love the series and want to add it to my collection of games. I don't agree with the choices they made, but i'd like them to continue bringing Fire Emblem games to the west.
This is actually pretty sad. Rationalizing a bad decision like this. NoA is shitting on you and taking your money for doing so.

Autocrat said:
Feb 10, 2016 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
Skinship is in the game!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd49IeQ2yz0

Feb 10, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2008
Now, you're just putting words in my mouth. You're saying as if I have to decide between playing the game on the easiest difficulty and not worry about "playing the game" to get the bonuses and having to do the petting mechanic to get the bonuses. The petting mechanic is gone, and there's nothing we can do about it. I couldn't care less how wrong I am at this point; my opinion hasn't changed. The game hasn't changed either, so it doesn't matter what I say about it. People are still gonna buy the game, and people will make less of a fuss about the whole thing as time passes.

on second thought, the waking up petting thing doesn't look too fun. bleh
destructo22Feb 10, 2016 12:34 PM
Feb 10, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2012
@Dragonage2ftw

No, it's not, that video is actually evidence against your claim.

@Destructo22

Nowhere did I put words in your mouth, it's what you said. You don't want to play the game for extra bonuses. So I'm trying to help you out here. If you want the bonuses without playing the minigame, then play the game on the easiest difficulty, you will not need them at all.

You get the better deal instead of butchering content.

And there is something we can do about it, actually. It's called pirating and boycotting.

Oh, and you're wrong again, the game did change, that's fact. And I never said it won't sell, it just won't sell as well as it could have.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
And now it looks like the swimsuit's are being cut from the shops. It's almost like there's a new removal/localization piece every couple days. It's gotten funny at this point.
Feb 11, 2016 12:57 PM

Feb 2016
@Immahnoob

I doubt pirating the game will help anyone in the long run. If they don't make money with the localization they won't bring the games over.
Feb 11, 2016 1:39 PM

Apr 2010
SaltySeaking said:
@Immahnoob

I doubt pirating the game will help anyone in the long run. If they don't make money with the localization they won't bring the games over.

There will always be fans translating the games...just like how is a fan translation for the JP version of Fates. Know what's even more ironic? The fan translation is better and more accurate then the official one. Ain't that ironic, or what?

So yeah, as long as Japan get's it, then we'll get it. I pretty much do with gaming as I do with anime...1st I pirate it...if I liked what I saw/played, I'll buy the DVDs/Games, so I could support the devs as well.
Feb 11, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
Shirou- said:
SaltySeaking said:
@Immahnoob

There will always be fans translating the games...just like how is a fan translation for the JP version of Fates. Know what's even more ironic? The fan translation is better and more accurate then the official one. Ain't that ironic, or what?

So yeah, as long as Japan get's it, then we'll get it. I pretty much do with gaming as I do with anime...1st I pirate it...if I liked what I saw/played, I'll buy the DVDs/Games, so I could support the devs as well.

Not really, considering that NoA seems to be going out of their way to alter certain characteristics of characters (Camilla and Sakura immediately come to mind). It'd be more ironic if they were actually closer to the original.
Feb 11, 2016 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
Just to give you guys some input, there's been changes even in the Amiibo dialogues.

Just to see that there is lost information in the translation.

Probably to make the characters more "appealing" to the "west". But they kind of fuck it up, since they changed their characters in the process.

I mean, you can't blame Nintendo for those changes. They had to make it culturally relevant, after all.
Feb 11, 2016 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
Mashiro-Senpai said:
Immahnoob said:
Just to give you guys some input, there's been changes even in the Amiibo dialogues.

Just to see that there is lost information in the translation.

Probably to make the characters more "appealing" to the "west". But they kind of fuck it up, since they changed their characters in the process.

I mean, you can't blame Nintendo for those changes. They had to make it culturally relevant, after all.
Of course I can blame Nintendo for this.

And of course this argument is rubbish. There's no way you can tell me that there was some cultural dissonance in these dialogues. Or, you could, but you'd have to prove it to me.
SaltySeaking said:
@Immahnoob

Good, we won't have censored garbage.

You do know you can email them the reason for why you're not buying the game, right?
AllenNoah said:
Shirou- said:

Not really, considering that NoA seems to be going out of their way to alter certain characteristics of characters (Camilla and Sakura immediately come to mind). It'd be more ironic if they were actually closer to the original.
He meant that the fan translation is better than the original NoA translation since it translates the original, it does not censor it.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
@Immahnoob

It was actually a joke, but I'm super touched that you took the time to argue my sarcasm.

I'm sorry for wasting your time. ;-;
Feb 11, 2016 3:20 PM

Apr 2012
Mashiro-Senpai said:
@Immahnoob

It was actually a joke, but I'm super touched that you took the time to argue my sarcasm.

I've seen a slight tinge of sarcasm but I've seen people use that argument seriously, on MAL and other sites.

"I mean" and "after all" should have been enough to tell me it's sarcasm.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 3:24 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
Mashiro-Senpai said:
@Immahnoob

I've seen a slight tinge of sarcasm but I've seen people use that argument seriously, on MAL and other sites.

That's why it's gold. Because people think it actually holds up.

I'm super tickled, but also kind of sad that's the case, lol.
Feb 11, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2012
Mashiro-Senpai said:
Immahnoob said:

It's pretty sad some people believe they are so ignorant that they can't understand a complete translation. Or worse, they think that other people (a majority too) are full-blown retarded puritans and couldn't be able to handle content like this, so it needs to be made "culturally appropriate".

Both arguments are retarded.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
Mashiro-Senpai said:

It's pretty sad some people believe they are so ignorant that they can't understand a complete translation. Or worse, they think that other people (a majority too) are full-blown retarded puritans and couldn't be able to handle content like this, so it needs to be made "culturally appropriate".

Isn't that what the original Persona went through? It was super "localized", and people complained.

Now Persona 3 and 4 has made an effort to keep Japanese cultural references intact, and the series has never done better.

There may have been certain changes that I'm unaware of though. Would be curious to know about that.
Feb 11, 2016 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
I find this whole thing interesting its really weird that nintendo is trying to market what for all intents and purposes is a niche game to a mainstream audience.
Feb 11, 2016 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
megahobbit said:
I find this whole thing interesting its really weird that nintendo is trying to market what for all intents and purposes is a niche game to a mainstream audience.
Too bad this isn't how you do it.

Some "niche games" can't become "mainstream" either.

That's because it's either not appealing in terms of gameplay, plot, artstyle etc (major things, impossible to change to appeal to non-niche) or it's not being marketed enough on a popular platform by a popular company (not the fault of the content).

It can't be the first explanation, since these are small changes and ultimately, are not of major importance.
These are also small changes that are not publicized or marketed, so it can't be the second either.

So it's fear of backlash, but then that means Nintendo has an incompetent marketing team or the higher ups are plain retarded.

And it can also not be that and be personal agenda, knowing how Treehouse works.
Mashiro-Senpai said:
Immahnoob said:

Isn't that what the original Persona went through? It was super "localized", and people complained.

Now Persona 3 and 4 has made an effort to keep Japanese cultural references intact, and the series has never done better.

There may have been certain changes that I'm unaware of though. Would be curious to know about that.

Fire Emblem Awakening, Henry's support.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
Altering supports and confessions is standard fare at this point. Now we have this though:

Japanese
> "Hya! That p-place is"
> "O-onii chan, stop"
> "This is a strange feeling. The place you're touching feels nice"
> "I want you to fill me with your love."

English
>
>
>
>

Fire Emblem Fates, Elise's skinship
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 11, 2016 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
@QuattroVaginas

Standard but not acceptable though.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 4:36 PM

Jan 2013
Immahnoob said:
megahobbit said:
Too bad this isn't how you do it.

Some "niche games" can't become "mainstream" either.

That's because it's either not appealing in terms of gameplay, plot, artstyle etc (major things, impossible to change to appeal to non-niche) or it's not being marketed enough on a popular platform by a popular company (not the fault of the content).

It can't be the first explanation, since these are small changes and ultimately, are not of major importance.
These are also small changes that are not publicized or marketed, so it can't be the second either.

So it's fear of backlash, but then that means Nintendo has an incompetent marketing team or the higher ups are plain retarded.

And it can also not be that and be personal agenda, knowing how Treehouse works.

Well-ish I mean the game hasn't come out yet we dont know its sales or whether or not it will work.

Also fear of "backlash" seems to be jumping the gun a bit to fit a narrative. I dislike participating in such actions. We also need to remember its Nintendo were talking about here they have a reputation to keep as a "family friendly" company for the most part though with a couple exceptions (Bayo 2 for example).
dadnabflwqbekjFeb 11, 2016 4:40 PM
Feb 11, 2016 4:37 PM

Feb 2016
What's worth more? Mainstream acceptance or catering to a small minority?

I understand the culture differences and why some things get censored, but I can't wrap my head around the petting minigame removal but keeping the blowing on your Waifu option.
Feb 11, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
megahobbit said:
Well-ish I mean the game hasn't come out yet we dont know its sales or whether or not it will work.
It won't. Get that in your head, it can't work.

It's like making grass greener. Or making bullets a different hue of yellow.

Only, that in this case, you also have the addition of the anti-censorship group boycotting your game.
Also fear of "backlash" seems to be jumping the gun a bit to fit a narrative. I dislike participating in such actions.
I don't care what you like or not, nor if you think it's jumping the gun or not. There's enough evidence to point out at either a personal agenda in the Treehouse team or fear of backlash, which is less likely, considering other shit Nintendo did.
SaltySeaking said:
None, really. Because none of the two options fit our case.

We have a small minority vs an extremely small minority that are both part of the majority.
I understand the culture differences and why some things get censored, but I can't wrap my head around the petting minigame removal but keeping the blowing on your Waifu option.
I doubt you do, since the "cultural differences" are so minimal and easily translatable.

I'll tell you a secret. People found the petting "creepy" (which is a wrong adjective to use by definition), and when I say "people", I mean the "extremely small minority" and the mainstream media, as retarded as they usually are, condoned that.

Why did they find it "creepy"? Well, the Gamespot video had the former Polygon bitch talk about "consent".

Why can you do it to your waifu? Implied consent. You didn't have that for the other characters, it seemed as if you were ordering them around, peculiar as fuck, I might say, because some people used that argument with me too.

This is also the case with Soleil. Supposedly, no matter the circumstances, CONSENT needs to be there, and I obviously answered with this. Besides the obvious, "someone lied, let's help them propagate that lie" from the mainstream media again.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
Immahnoob said:
megahobbit said:
It won't. Get that in your head, it can't work.

It's like making grass greener. Or making bullets a different hue of yellow.

Only, that in this case, you also have the addition of the anti-censorship group boycotting your game.
Also fear of "backlash" seems to be jumping the gun a bit to fit a narrative. I dislike participating in such actions.
I don't care what you like or not, nor if you think it's jumping the gun or not. There's enough evidence to point out at either a personal agenda in the Treehouse team or fear of backlash, which is less likely, considering other shit Nintendo did.
SaltySeaking said:
None, really. Because none of the two options fit our case.

We have a small minority vs an extremely small minority that are both part of the majority.
I doubt you do, since the "cultural differences" are so minimal and easily translatable.

I'll tell you a secret. People found the petting "creepy" (which is a wrong adjective to use by definition), and when I say "people", I mean the "extremely small minority" and the mainstream media, as retarded as they usually are, condoned that.

Why did they find it "creepy"? Well, the Gamespot video had the former Polygon bitch talk about "consent".

Why can you do it to your waifu? Implied consent. You didn't have that for the other characters, it seemed as if you were ordering them around, peculiar as fuck, I might say, because some people used that argument with me too.

This is also the case with Soleil. Supposedly, no matter the circumstances, CONSENT needs to be there, and I obviously answered with this. Besides the obvious, "someone lied, let's help them propagate that lie" from the mainstream media again.

Honestly Ill respond but the second response you made to SaltySeaking is cringy enough im gonna back off.
Feb 11, 2016 5:01 PM

Apr 2012
megahobbit said:
Honestly Ill respond but the second response you made to SaltySeaking is cringy enough im gonna back off.
Is this is the best holier than thou "I have no argument" you could possibly make?

I mean, this is pathetic.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
Immahnoob said:
megahobbit said:
Is this is the best holier than thou "I have no argument" you could possibly make?

Well if you feel its pathetic than fine. This argument would have gone nowhere in the first place.
Feb 11, 2016 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
megahobbit said:
Immahnoob said:

Well if you feel its pathetic than fine. This argument would have gone nowhere in the first place.
I don't "feel it", it fits the definition perfectly. And you're right, it would have gone nowhere since you're keen on being willfully ignorant on matters that involve SJWs.
ImmahnoobFeb 11, 2016 5:12 PM

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
Immahnoob said:
megahobbit said:

I don't "feel it", it fits the definition perfectly. And you're right, it would have gone nowhere since you're keen on being willfully ignorant on matters that involve SJWs.

Good glad we could all agree not to talk about it.
Feb 11, 2016 5:46 PM

Feb 2016
I reckon you misunderstood me.
Sexualization of children is acceptable in Japan, But it's taboo in the West. Hence you'll have everything from age changes, outfit alterations, etc.

Try to rationalise not censoring that in the West and you'll be burned at the stake. Could be Nintendo's thinking but who knows. It's not well thought out.
SaltySeakingFeb 11, 2016 6:11 PM
Feb 11, 2016 6:06 PM

Feb 2010
Fun thing, I work at a video game dev company and the other day one of my coworkers was talking to me and said me "hey did you read about that controversy about the new fire emblem game? you could pet characters with the stylus in the japanese version? that's creepy" and I remembered this thread and laughed.

But hey it's a "extremely small minority" right?
Feb 11, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2012
Vanisher said:
Fun thing, I work at a video game dev company and the other day one of my coworkers was talking to me and said me "hey did you read about that controversy about the new fire emblem game? you could pet characters with the stylus in the japanese version? that's creepy" and I remembered this thread and laughed.

But hey it's a "extremely small minority" right?
Is your company called, Tale of Tales?

And yes, it's an "extremely small minority", the people calling it "creepy" are a part of this extremely small minority and are also an extremely small minority in themselves that are different by the fact that they don't know the English language. That to add to their already glaring negative points I've littered this whole thread with.

Besides, your coworker might be that dude that tries to not piss you off since you seem fast enough to be obnoxious on other people's tastes. He might have seen your bloodshot eyes and the killing intent after this thread. Or probably tried to be sociable.
SaltySeaking said:
I reckon you misunderstood me.
You could say that. But you see, all you've said is countered by a lot of examples of games that were accepted in the west despite the young looking characters, like Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Which, unfortunately for me, is now throwing games at us at a really fast pace.

Or rather, not accepted, surely, they were criticized, I believe I've seen quite a few Kotaku and Polygon articles on the matter of how the "Japanese are weird" and talk about "child pornography" including other mainstream media that have been denounced so many times it's not even funny anymore.

One example of a game that features what you talked about is Rabi-Rabi, 14k sales for now, 99% score.

Nintendo still thinks they live in the 90s. If they'd accept the controversy, they'd get more sales and more supporters, to be fair.

Autocrat said:
Feb 11, 2016 7:23 PM

Feb 2016
The box art on Hyperdimension is actually altered. Censorship sneaks in even where you don't expect it.

Is Rabi-Rabi even on Nintendo? Or is it just an indie pc game?
SaltySeakingFeb 11, 2016 7:30 PM
Feb 11, 2016 9:24 PM

Jan 2014
@Immahnoob

Funny posts coming from someone who plays League of Legends
Puzzle Time, When is my birthday? 22-8-222/
9-666-3
5-66-4-3-3/
9-666-3
666-8-666-3
666-8-666-3
44-8-444-3/
Answer is on profile but see if you can figure it out first! HINT: KEYBOARD

Feb 12, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2012
SaltySeaking said:
The box art on Hyperdimension is actually altered. Censorship sneaks in even where you don't expect it.

Is Rabi-Rabi even on Nintendo? Or is it just an indie pc game?
The box art, yes, are we talking anyone "underage" though? No.

Hyperdimension Neptunia isn't Nintendo either.
LordofW said:
@Immahnoob

Funny posts coming from someone who plays League of Legends
Thanks.

Autocrat said:
Feb 12, 2016 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, by the way, I heard some funny shit about some new changes.

First of, it's not 100% verified, but Fire Emblem Fates will have no bathhouse cosmetics. I've also seen some contradictory images, so whatever.

And of course, more memes.

EDIT: For the comparison.
ImmahnoobFeb 12, 2016 5:52 AM

Autocrat said:
Feb 12, 2016 5:42 AM

Feb 2016
Not sure why you're even bringing games up that aren't on nintendo vs games that are on pc. Either way more games are censored than those that aren't. They aren't exactly doing something brand new Fire Emblem.

Just pirate every game that comes over from Japan if it tickles your fancy.
SaltySeakingFeb 12, 2016 5:51 AM
Feb 12, 2016 5:49 AM

Apr 2012
SaltySeaking said:
Not sure why you're even bringing games up that aren't on nintendo and games that are on pc. Either way more games are censored than those that aren't.
Probably because I'm arguing against the notion that while in the west, "sexualization of children" is taboo, it won't kill sales because there are examples of games that do well and have what you define as that?

Autocrat said:
Feb 12, 2016 5:54 AM

Feb 2016
The games you mentioned are a small minority vs ones that are censored.

And I don't think I said it could kill sales. I said it was taboo, which it is.
Feb 12, 2016 5:56 AM

Apr 2012
SaltySeaking said:
The games you mentioned are a small minority vs ones that are censored.
Why does that matter in any way when I'm telling you they are successful?

More nice dialogue: 1 2 3
Everyone should thank Nintendo of America for this.

Autocrat said:
Feb 12, 2016 5:58 AM

Feb 2016
The censored games are successful too. =/

Everyone and their mother just bought Xenoblade even with the changes.
Pages (27) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Nvidia CEO: "We can't do computer graphics anymore without artificial intelligence"

deg - Sep 16

13 by RobertsahDHDA »»
20 minutes ago

» Overwatch 2 x My Hero Academia | Collaboration Trailer

Old_School_Akira - 7 hours ago

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
23 minutes ago

» California’s new law forces digital stores to admit you’re just licensing content, not buying it

deg - 7 hours ago

4 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago

» Minecraft???

_spoon_ - Nov 21, 2021

24 by VampireLord1024 »»
6 hours ago

» Microsoft Office 2013+ on Linux

Agamendon - Jan 14, 2022

13 by RudeRedis »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.