Forum Settings
Forums

What made your favorite anime your favorite?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 16, 2015 10:04 PM

Nov 2011
I love Ergo Proxy for it's complex characters, it's atmosphere, and the world it built. It's the series that properly build a new world purely through it's presentation that really get my attention, which is also why I love No Game No Life and Redline.
Jun 16, 2015 10:22 PM

May 2015
Gintama.

I can't enjoy an anime if I don't get attached to the characters, and Gintama has a lot of lovable cha racers which makes it an easy watch.

It also gets broken up into action, comedy, even bits of shoujo-like episodes and I find it hard to skip a single one.

The episodes stuck with you after you're done watching them, and that is awesome because then I don't have to stop getting obsessed with it.

And the fact that the characters are flawed makes them perfect.

Jun 16, 2015 10:30 PM

Jan 2015
1. Fairy Tail: It's really fun to watch, it's the only long running shounen I was determined to keep up with

2. FMA03: It's one of my first animes, it's kinda nostalgic, I heard the first opening before I even knew the anime existed, somehow.

3. FMAB: Pretty good story, the characters are awesome, the story is awesome, nuff said.

4. Dragon Ball Z: Most epic music of all time, most epic battles of all time, most epic dub of all time, nuff said.

5. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: This anime made me feel like I could do pretty much anything, everything the characters say are awesome and inspiring, it had a nice ending too.
Jun 16, 2015 10:33 PM

Feb 2012
it became my favorite cause of the plot and how much i enjoyed it
Jun 16, 2015 10:34 PM

Jan 2015
My favorite anime as you can clearly see is Death Note.
I love it because it's so amazingly thrilling and keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. Light/Kira is just awesome for the most part and so is L. Their rivalry is even more amazing. Even though the show lost a lot of its shine after episode 26, the remaining episodes were still thrilling, albeit also included a lot of plot holes.
But over all, it's just an anime that gave me everything I could hope for (except the romance sub plot).

Also on my favorites(the shows which I love) are : Fate/Zero, Phantom : Requiem for the Phantom, Attack on Titan, Code Geass(due to nostalgia).
Shows like Parasyte the Maxim, One Outs and Great Teacher Onizuka would also have made it to the list had the limit of favorites been more.
Jun 16, 2015 10:35 PM

Feb 2012
The Haruhi Suzumiya Series is my favorite because I just love it.
I find all the characters to be likable. I love all the crazy / random shenanigans that Haruhi comes up with. The idea of the story is simple yet interesting / entertaining.

It just sticks out the most to me.
Jun 16, 2015 10:39 PM
Jan 2014
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Introduced to me what anime is capable of doing
A lot of action (which was the only thing I cared for at the time)
Epic characters
Jun 17, 2015 5:13 AM

May 2015
Medabots

It's full of oddball characters, great visual design, great balance between seriousness and humor and great pacing at the climax.

It's a very balanced anime, one that aims for everything and gets it. The only thing it lacks is serious depth, but you don't need it when everything else is so entertaining.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 17, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2010
SuperRed said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Because slow =/= bad, it can mean good and for One Piece it does. A slower pacing fits it.

If it was so good then almost everyone wouldn't be complaining about it, so in One Piece's case it kinda is.
Lol, it is because a lot of people say it is. What stupid logic, a lot of people believe stupid things. And who is "almost everyone" could very well be the vocal minority. And even if it wasn't it wouldn't change my opinion nor would it be fact.
Jun 17, 2015 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
IntroverTurtle said:
SuperRed said:

If it was so good then almost everyone wouldn't be complaining about it, so in One Piece's case it kinda is.
Lol, it is because a lot of people say it is. What stupid logic, a lot of people believe stupid things. And who is "almost everyone" could very well be the vocal minority. And even if it wasn't it wouldn't change my opinion nor would it be fact.

If you enjoy it,it's fine by me,but personally I have issues with the slow pace and atrocious animation.

From what I have seen last,OP is not as good as it used to be.
Jun 17, 2015 7:40 AM

May 2015
Logh is the best anime I have ever seen. And I really liked it. It has one of my all time favorite characters (yang wen-li) so I guess that's it.
Jun 17, 2015 7:45 AM

Nov 2010
DejWo said:
If you enjoy it,it's fine by me,but personally I have issues with the slow pace and atrocious animation.

From what I have seen last,OP is not as good as it used to be.
I fail to see what your opinion has to do with my post. I wasn't asking for any opinions.
Jun 17, 2015 8:23 AM

Nov 2014
The sensless violence of Hellsing Ultimate sold it for me.
Jun 17, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2014
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Never found any anime that comes close to this. The well developed and interesting characters, good interactions and chemistry between each character and the simple yet very well executed plot that doesn't give me a mindfuck because it's 2deep4me. I haven't seen anything in a while that brings me to tears, laughter and joy.
"Hi!"
Jun 17, 2015 9:35 AM

Mar 2013
good story + likable characters

example: Death Note
Jun 17, 2015 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Nisx said:
good story + likable characters

example: Death Note

That is why Death Note is my current favorite.
Jun 17, 2015 6:18 PM

Sep 2012
well i judge an anime based on how much enjoyment i get out of it and how much of an impact it has on me. For example, one of recent favorites is Wolf Children, that movie moved me in so many ways from the in depth characters to the simplistic yet elegant story of raising two children. I have always enjoys a series of the 'slice of life' genre and more slow moving shows that still grasps my attention and my emotions. Another good example of this is Aria the Origination, I can't remember when was the last time I had such a feel good feeling after a series. Doesn't have much going in terms of plot but it is the most relaxing series I've watched. Therefore I enjoyed them the most and is my favourites
- Nothing Works unless you do -

Jun 17, 2015 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Natsume Yuujinchou: I love the calm of this anime... Normally, I watch those rather loud, boisterous animes, but the peace, contentedness, and simple, sweet emotions from this anime is truly moving, and I love it to pieces... :')
Jun 17, 2015 7:15 PM
Nov 2014
Deep and Intellectual shows only are allowed to be my favs anime
Jun 18, 2015 12:43 AM

Dec 2014
Gintama, non cliched, deeper meaning into the story.
Is this where you live?

Jun 19, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
ahh i have multiple favorites from all genres, but it always comes back to Madoka Magica :3 it has a lot of my well.. favorite things, cute moe characters and a good story, I just found the motives of the incubators so interesting and well of course I got the one way ticket on Homuras feels train
NYAA!
Jun 19, 2015 11:00 AM

Sep 2009
Gungrave, Black Lagoon and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom are one of my favorites because I've always been a fan of movies containing mafia/organized crime, violence and gun fights for example The Godfather, Leon the Professional, Scarface, Blow and others.

Code Geass is just pure awesomeness, watched it when it was airing and I got hooked. I like mecha and I'm a fan of anti-hero main characters. It also had top-notch music and visual designs.
Jun 19, 2015 11:04 AM
Sep 2014
BruceLad said:
Deep and Intellectual shows only are allowed to be my favs anime

But you're much more open to waifus ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

On - Topic: it's nothing so special, I just enjoyed my favorite anime a lot, well, so it's my favorite...
Jun 19, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
Higurashi;

1- Variety of characters.
2- Good character development
3- Nice setting
4- Superb OST
5- Mystery, horror, suspense, thriller, psychological
6- Story telling was superb
7- Higurashi vn

Higurashi is full of fucked up moments and a lot of feels here and there thus the first season was so confusing af that i literally had to stop at an episode and make theories haha.
Jun 19, 2015 3:39 PM
Dec 2013
The soundtrack. Not a single bad track, they all sound great, it fits/complements to what is happening on the screen and aren't overused in the anime.
Jun 19, 2015 8:02 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know exactly. But i just think i like it so much,like madoka magica.
Or maybe just because the plot or character that make me interested.
Unsigned signature-
Jun 19, 2015 8:56 PM
May 2015
It depends on how much I enjoyed watching it, and if it made me feel a lot of emotions. My favourite anime is Elfen Lied, I know it's not so good and deep, but I enjoyed it a lot and it was the first anime I saw.
Jun 20, 2015 1:35 AM

Jun 2015
I tried to find a flaw in Madoka, but I couldn't find a single one.
And, well, I just enjoyed the hell out of it.
Jun 20, 2015 2:31 AM

Apr 2015
Inspired me and influenced my life forever.
Jun 20, 2015 2:38 AM

Mar 2014
My favorite anime is my favorite anime because it's my favorite anime
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 20, 2015 2:42 AM

Nov 2014
Mushishi.
I like the nice peaceful atmosphere of this anime and the world/stories are very beautiful.
Jun 20, 2015 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
My favourite anime is FMAB.

I do not think this is the best anime of all time, I do not even think it is perfect. The thing is that I haven't found what my #1 anime really is, it's just that FMAB is there until I find perfection in my eyes. But FMAB has great writing, likeable characters that are not forgettable, a story that is so woven together and conclusive at the same time, and great production value that for a 64 episode anime, is so damn impressive. Bones really did an amazing job.
Jun 20, 2015 6:02 PM

Jun 2015
I like Your Lie in April because the protagonist is perfect, but not perfect at the same time. Kaori is adorable. The art is pretty, too, and I like story.
{ 春にはすべてが変わるでしょう。}
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which anime(s) would any of your favorite characters watch?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by IpreferEcchi »»
28 seconds ago

» "Its better than those Trash Isekai Shows"

BerriesSan - 4 hours ago

5 by ColourWheel »»
2 minutes ago

» Who is the most attractive anime character?

Rally- - 44 minutes ago

7 by Rally- »»
3 minutes ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 9

72 by Rally- »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

18 by Catalano »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.