Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 24, 2015 6:28 AM

May 2015
straggy said:
BryanLoeher said:

Whoa! There is a big difference between a dead person and someone without memories.

I wouldn't say so in the context of giftias. Their bodies are just metal shells that house their OS, so if the OS is wiped then they're basically dead, even if their body's still working. It's like, say, your XP got a virus, so you wiped the entire system and installed Windows 7 instead. Yeah, it physically looks like your computer and it's doing the same job, but the way it works and acts make it a totally different machine. All your files etc. are lost forever and even if you strive to try to make it the same as what you once had, it's never going to be exactly the same. If giftias were more like what you were suggesting, you'd be able to do some sort of magic system restore to bring back everything before the virus even after you'd wiped it all. They might act like people but, at the end of the day, they are very much machines.

Though I say this whilst being pretty sure this show's gonna end in some sorta magic system restore asspull anyway, considering the logic (I'm using that term very lightly) we've seen so far.

but isla's body is getting old she has to take those exams/therapy to improve her locmotive skills so theres that slight problem so even if theres a miracle memory restore it might still end sour
May 24, 2015 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
Isla was so adorable this episode.

Talk about a rejection. Poor Tsukasa wasn't expecting that.
May 24, 2015 7:17 AM

Sep 2014
That was an alright episode. Eru got some character development, though I still don't care for her. And the confession by Tsukasa at the end would've been so great had it not been for Isla's stupid reaction. Poor guy. :/
May 24, 2015 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
This show will end me before it ends. Isla is just so damn adorable :<
May 24, 2015 9:03 AM
Mar 2011
It was a good eps. but are they going to go "bigO" and say memories do not make a person? Also from the point of views of the "robots" are human immortal such as the humans see the same person over and over but with a different point of view or is this giving the viewer what it could be like to live for a long time and or forever.
May 24, 2015 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
The first episode was so awesome. But it quickly turned into a standard moe rom com show...sadly....
I just lowerd me expectations now I can enjoy this Anime again~
the rejection surprised me though~
May 24, 2015 9:12 AM

Oct 2014
Isla is so fucking amazing I love her so much <3

This episode was so funny and still left me on the brink off tears right at the end with Tsukasas confession

But that ending is going to lead us to a whole lot of drama I think I might know where this is going but I can't wait for the next episode
May 24, 2015 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode, loved how they played both the ED song and the OP song at the end! Fit so well with the atmosphere and situation~ Love isla, and that friend zone. Great visuals too. 6/5
May 24, 2015 10:19 AM
Nov 2014
Damn, get ready for the feel train guys! :(
I don’t believe in crap like coincidence, fate, or destiny.
May 24, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2013
Tsukasa is such a masochist.
May 24, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode! it cute when Isla showed her jealousy face... *puffed*

Isla : I...I...I...I can't do this!
Eru & Andie : why not!!!! :P
May 24, 2015 11:11 AM

Apr 2011
Damn..... the flaws of this show. Why the fuck can't you backup their memories? You can make androids that can't be differentiated from humans and you can't make a fucking backup?

Now that that's aside, it was an okay episode.
May 24, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
This episode keeps the light-dark setting to another degree. It is fun to watch but it gets pretty tense and sad too, we saw a bit of that too and Tsukasa is with good reason concerned for his short relationship with Isla.

That confession was perfect, without the usual interruptions you see around, this one was transmitted and it was beautiful. Seeing Isla express so many emotions this episode was a lovely sight, specially the blush.

I lol'd when she said "Error" to everything Tsukasa said LMAO.
May 24, 2015 11:49 AM

Dec 2012
Although I found this episode quite cute and full of diabetes, I can't help but feel as if the show is progressing way too fast. Totally was not expecting a confession at all.

That rejection doe :D
May 24, 2015 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
Hm...this episode is full of feel and enjoyment.
Going to a carnival to see if her old friend's memory return.
Isla is too just during the carnival.
Tsukasa finally confess to Isla and her reaction was priceless.
Isla turns Tsukasa down...hahaha/
Can't wait for more...going to be real sad when the anime end.
May 24, 2015 12:02 PM
Jun 2014
I cried at the end of this episode and I don't know the reason :'D
May 24, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
Tsukasa made it! He finally confessed his-self to Isla-chan :3
But why Isla refuses him?! She also likes him... xD
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
May 24, 2015 12:31 PM

Sep 2014
Hoho Tsukasa , you thought that Isla may remain somehow ? I wish it was also possible :/ Maybe a miracle will happen..
May 24, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2012
I feel that wasn't a rejection, she said it out of embarrasment.
May 24, 2015 12:37 PM

Nov 2012
straggy said:
BryanLoeher said:

Whoa! There is a big difference between a dead person and someone without memories.

I wouldn't say so in the context of giftias. Their bodies are just metal shells that house their OS, so if the OS is wiped then they're basically dead, even if their body's still working. It's like, say, your XP got a virus, so you wiped the entire system and installed Windows 7 instead. Yeah, it physically looks like your computer and it's doing the same job, but the way it works and acts make it a totally different machine. All your files etc. are lost forever and even if you strive to try to make it the same as what you once had, it's never going to be exactly the same. If giftias were more like what you were suggesting, you'd be able to do some sort of magic system restore to bring back everything before the virus even after you'd wiped it all. They might act like people but, at the end of the day, they are very much machines.

Though I say this whilst being pretty sure this show's gonna end in some sorta magic system restore asspull anyway, considering the logic (I'm using that term very lightly) we've seen so far.

EXACTLY
Jaywalker.
May 24, 2015 1:01 PM

Jun 2014

tfw no gf
May 24, 2015 1:27 PM

Jun 2012
Ryouri said:
Ehllychan said:

Glad to know some other people see it that way too.
But it was my fault for getting my hopes up and thinking they were for once going to make something good and not another silly nonsense "love" story with a robot girl premise... Isla's character design and her whole "look at how moe I am" attitude was too much of a give away, but I still wanted to believe.

This.

Phew, had to search these pages for others who thought similarly. This is pretty bad.

May 24, 2015 1:30 PM

May 2015
The music at 18:22 was amazing

[アウサマ95]
May 24, 2015 1:41 PM

Jun 2013
lyfeofcarbon said:
The more the show goes on the more I begin to dislike it :'(. This was the show I was most amped up for but why do they do these dumb fan service things that don't really accomplish much. While much more tame than other shows it detracts from the atmosphere and is really really annoying. ={

welp, that said, I can't wait for next week ;)

Theres like barely any fanservice whatsoever
May 24, 2015 1:58 PM

Sep 2014
Isla is so freaking adorable.
May 24, 2015 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
Loved the ending, it was so cute!>.< <3
May 24, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2012
I'm actually kind of surprised that some people didn't like this episode.
I personally thought that the execution was much better than the past few, even before the confession.

Regarding Eru's behavior, I think her reactions are very believable. Being one of the most awkward people on Earth, and being one who has trouble conveying their feelings at the right time, I really related to her during this episode, especially to her sudden change after the carnival stuff.
She felt comfortable enough to project her feeling of content she gained during the carnival (obviously sparked by the Jellyfish Juice scene) as a way to help Tsukasa. The way she said "Hey, Tsukasacchi." before doing that and how much she quieted down from normal made it very genuine.
If only she did more awkward laughs during her constant topic-change spasms, then it would have been perfect.

This show is really giving me mixed feelings. There were a lot of down points, but then it has its moments where it really shines (like this episode >.>) and I just don't know what to think about it.
EpicCh33seMay 24, 2015 3:52 PM
May 24, 2015 4:05 PM

Jun 2013
Giftia on the run again god dammit why all the drama it's just a robot
May 24, 2015 5:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
You gotta love Eru and her love of oppai.....I'd do the same if I were her lol...Hearing about her backstory with Angie was sad but I'm glad to see that they can make more memories together

The best part of the episode was easily Tsukasa's confession...That was way too cute and was just amazing. Isla's reaction didn't surprise me at all lol but I was hoping for a kiss but oh well

Isla was incredibly adorable in this episode btw
May 24, 2015 5:58 PM

Jan 2014
mr_sam21 said:
Was I the only one at the end that though that Isla will say "ERROR , ERROR" after his confession ? :D btw great episode but Im getting the feelings from Shigatsu .. I really hope for a happy ending
I thought the same. It would have been more Isla-ish if she said so. Then again maybe she got so embarassed that even her "programing" went south? :P
May 24, 2015 6:32 PM
Sep 2014
mr_sam21 said:
Was I the only one at the end that though that Isla will say "ERROR , ERROR" after his confession ? :D btw great episode but Im getting the feelings from Shigatsu .. I really hope for a happy ending

lol i thought the same xD ERROR ERROR
May 24, 2015 8:50 PM

May 2013
Eru really likes boobs. Too bad Andie can't remember when she was Olivia.

"Do you have to let go?" Dat hug. Dat confession. Dat rejection.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 24, 2015 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
Lol that rejection and all. xD

I actually felt like when the two lovers were running off and when Andie got them, being forced to be taken away, was kind of harsh in my opinion. It feels way worse than losing someone in front of your eyes, at the very least you stay with the person until the very end, but this case... is very sad.

The bonds between Tsukasa and Isla are growing more and more by the episode. Can't wait for more.
May 24, 2015 11:05 PM

Apr 2012
Eru and Olivia(Andie), too bad she is not Olivia anymore after Recycling. :(

Isla reject the Confession, poor Tsukasa. XD

Isla smile's more visible now in OP song :D

May 25, 2015 12:54 AM
Aug 2011
Axelucard_ said:
Giftia on the run again god dammit why all the drama it's just a robot

lol
I feel like i'm taking crazy pills because at the end of the day he's confessing to an android and then the ~romance~ is largely lost on me.
May 25, 2015 2:54 AM

Jul 2012
We are getting closer and closer to the expiration date of Isla.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 25, 2015 3:23 AM

May 2014
Eru favorite character confirmed.
I love her so much, the way she was hurting, she's hilarious and she also cares about others.
I loved the face she made when she said "hang in there, kid"

Ah, Isla was pretty cute as well, nice episode overall.

May 25, 2015 5:05 AM

Apr 2011
lol. He got shot down. XD
May 25, 2015 6:45 AM

Oct 2010
I loved this episode. It kind of restored my faith in Plastic Memories.
Finally Tsukasa has dealt with the retrieval that's bound to come.

Didn't really expect that rejection, though. Cliffhanger! Can't wait until next week!
May 25, 2015 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
Eru won several points in this episode, I like her personality, and this final with Tsukasa finally confessing his love and being rejected so cold and comic at the same time shows how Isla is a fun and intriguing character, I look forward for the next episodes ..
May 25, 2015 8:39 AM

Dec 2013
Saburo-kun said:
Ryouri said:

This.

Phew, had to search these pages for others who thought similarly. This is pretty bad.

I'm quite curious as to why you all think as you do.
Personally despite the moe appearance of the Isla as the female lead, I thought the entire premises was one that was borderline philosophical to say the least (of course it could just be me).

I mean, to me the overall theme of the show was:

"What would you chose to do if you had someone/something special in your life that you knew would only be with you a certain amount of years, after which you got to choose whether they would either disappear from your world completely, or they could come back to you with an entirely different personality and absolutely none of the memories that you shared with them previously (and last for another short period of time before the cycle repeats itself).?"

That would lead me to the question they've been asking all along this show, that being:
One party in a relationship were unable to retain their memories and experiences of your time together, would you rather that you didn't have those memories or experiences at all? Or would it still be alright to maintain a relationship like this, knowing that the other party will eventually lose the precious times that were shared and only one party would ever retain said memories.

Would it be more painful for the one who remembers everything, to see the person they have feelings for not to even remember they exist, and not be able to validate their memories and experiences together?

Or would it be more painful for the one who knows that they are about to lose their memories, and hence may feel that it is useless to make friends/acquaintances with others (not to mention romantic relationships of course), in the knowledge that it is completely useless to do so, since it's a 100% sure thing that you'll eventually forget about it all?

And in the above two cases, who is actually the more fortunate party?

You may liken the idea to amnesia or something like that, but the director of the show set the premises so that the line was extremely clear-cut:
- The Giftia's will definitely lose their "souls" and the memories and experiences along with them will all be wiped clean. There is no chance of a miracle restore (probably has to do with storage space? I dunno....),
- Hence you can choose to adapt to a lifestyle that includes a relationship with such an individual, or choose to reject said lifestyle entirely and build relationships with only real live humans. Neither of which are actually that easy to do.

I dunno about the rest of you, but that's what I thought the show was about...
Apologies if my explanation isn't the best, I'm still reeling from the feels and the thoughts I had whilst watching this episode.
Perhaps its because of all the things I was thinking about, I just found the entire situation sad to say the least. Tsukasa has developed feelings for Giftia Isla who will be losing her memories within a month, and there's nothing that he can do about it.

For lack of better comparison, it's like confessing to the person of your dreams after you just came to know him/her a few months before, only to find out that she only has a month left to live. You have already invested emotionally in said person, and have made experiences and memories together. So now at that crossroad, what would you do?
L-RyoshiMay 25, 2015 8:43 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 25, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
yhunata said:
Damn..... the flaws of this show. Why the fuck can't you backup their memories? You can make androids that can't be differentiated from humans and you can't make a fucking backup?

But then they couldn't make a tear jerker ending with Isla' departure if androids could get their memories back.
May 25, 2015 1:35 PM

Feb 2008
well, for starters, shell be dead in a month. either she will recover her memories or he will have to deal with the fact that shes gone. bleh
May 26, 2015 12:24 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

I don't think anyone is undermining that the show asks a lot of philosophical questions (or maybe just me despite having the same opinion as those other people). I mean, even the premise itself already gives you a good idea what kind of themes or questions will be seen or asked in the show. And that's not a bad thing, since I think that's why most of the people decided to pick Plastic Memories up--because they wanted to see how such themes will be portrayed. I can't speak for everyone else who hasn't been enjoying this show, but for me, I think the problem is the execution. People say this a lot about other anime, and I think this is one of those shows that has very interesting ideas, but the story itself doesn't seem to be very well-written, imo. Especially given that I find it difficult to relate or like any of the characters, other factors such as occassional poor tonal shifts, not really funny comedy (subjective), and usage of violent tsundere personality as well as the bathroom common harem situation, etc. detracts my enjoyment of the show, even if the themes are interesting. Any narrative can ask philosophical or thought-provoking questions, just because Plastic Memories does this, doesn't mean that it's integrated well with the story and/or the characters.
tingyMay 26, 2015 12:40 AM
May 26, 2015 9:00 AM

Dec 2013
Ugh, that stupid Isla's face and her reaction at the end ruined everything.
May 26, 2015 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
NorthBayAnime said:
mr_sam21 said:

lol i thought the same xD ERROR ERROR

I freaking gave it -1 to 8/10 for not doing that.
May 26, 2015 9:28 PM

Aug 2013
Man, me and Eru would get along so well. She loves boobs. I love boobs. I love her boobs. Pure bliss.

Another super depressing episode that tried to play itself off as bittersweet, but we know its all for nothing. Tsukasa worked every angle possible to find out if memories remained after a new OS was installed. Everyone told him no. He held out hope until the end, and Eru even tried to give him hope too (even though she already knew the truth herself).

Then they tried to downplay it and be like "well I don't want to get the memories tangled, so from now on I'll make new memories". And, "you can only make memories now in the present". Yea...that doesn't take away the fact that those memories will all be gone for good with no chance of returning once the new OS is installed.

Now that the confession happened, can pretty much predict how the show is going to end.

For now, Isla is going to be confused and not know what to do. Then after a bunch of awkwardness and emotional struggle she'll accept it and go for it. The love will come to fruition just as Isla's time runs out. Then they'll say their final tearjerker goodbyes as Isla is taken away.
- time-skip. We see Tsukasa. Possibly still working for TS One (most likely). Then right at the end, one of the people will be like "so today we have a new Giftia that will be working with us today". In walks Isla. Possibly new haircut, and maybe a different personality, but it's Isla's Giftia body. Tsukasa recognizes her instantly. She walks up to him and says something like "Nice to meet you, my name is ___ (not Isla). I look forward to working with you". Then Tsukasa will probably have tears in his eyes and smile, then say the same thing back to her. *end of show* (perhaps some monologue from Tsukasa will be spoken about making memories and never forgetting them or something).

Though, if some cliché miracle happens where Isla somehow remembers just a tiny bit...I'd be ok with that too. Of course we'd get the people who'd complain that it was an asspull ending and a cliché happy ending. But with the way this show seems to be progressing towards the end, this ending would actually be a total unexpected twist.
May 27, 2015 10:51 AM

Jan 2013
What a bitter-sweet episode. Andie had her OS replaced and can't remember anything when she was Olivia.
Tsukasa confessing his love to Isla and she rejects....I hope this is just a misunderstanding and that it'll be corrected in the next episode.

May 27, 2015 1:29 PM

Jan 2010
Oh god did they really have to go down that road? I know it was extremely predictable but damn son. Why does everything needs to include a FUCKING romance? Like seriously.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 2:02 PM

Apr 2011
Ryuku-Tsukuyomi said:
Oh god did they really have to go down that road? I know it was extremely predictable but damn son. Why does everything needs to include a FUCKING romance? Like seriously.

It took you this long to figure out that this was a romance? What were you even watching?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

536 by NimbleBard48 »»
Sep 14, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

207 by leodnz »»
Sep 9, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

177 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

159 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

144 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.