Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2015 10:59 PM
Apr 2014
HeroKenzan20 said:
Remv_quevav said:
is he the reviewer who always rant speaks the objective truth in youtube???

yes ;D
So, sports animu a shit then (Yes, that includes Ping Pong)?
Apr 11, 2015 11:03 PM

Oct 2008
Why do some people calling out groups of other people think that makes them smart?
Apr 11, 2015 11:03 PM

Mar 2012
Remv_quevav said:
but I thoght it was KaceSpace....

were talking about anime, not MAL user.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 11, 2015 11:04 PM
Apr 2014
Zeta986 said:
Remv_quevav said:

Great, now I'm picturing KaceSpace turning into a LOGH fanboy. Now that would certainly make things interesting on AD.

Aug 2013
HeroKenzan20 said:

I can't find the original pic but it was vice versa and true ;P
I'm not doubting it wasn't true but it was definitely done as a joke.

The thing is you can pick apart literally anything and give it a super in depth conclusion, though. Which when you think about it could make kon the deepest show in existence subjectively if you dig deep enough. Kinda scary.

Jan 2015
Zeta986 said:
Remv_quevav said:

no its an animu
Srsly its an animu
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 11, 2015 11:05 PM

May 2012
amateur said:
Why do some people calling out groups of other people think that makes them smart?

Lol. What makes you assume that? I made this thread because I noticed a common trait that adamant fans of this show share. Don't project your insecurities onto others, it isn't helpful in the long run.
Apr 11, 2015 11:06 PM
Apr 2014
amateur said:
No one ever said that.
Apr 11, 2015 11:08 PM
Feb 2014
Tbh most of the people who watched it sound intelligent to me.
Apr 11, 2015 11:13 PM

Jan 2013
Remv_quevav said:
Zeta986 said:
This is what i learned in MAL.

Most of try-hard elitist in this forums were claiming it as the 2nd coming of Christ.

It is widely believed that KaceSpace consumed the entirety of LoGH at the tender age of 3 (One source even goes as far as to claim that he learned speaking and writing Japanese by merely watching the anime). That probably explains why he appears to be so much dazzling with enlightenment.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 11, 2015 11:16 PM
Apr 2014
HeroKenzan20 said:
Gholy said:
So, sports animu a shit then (Yes, that includes Ping Pong)?

Yes and Mushishi is shit aswell,no plot,boring,mushi-conspiracy.Open your eyes tasteless casual ;P
Not to mention that Tex is booooring
Apr 11, 2015 11:21 PM
Apr 2014
HeroKenzan20 said:
Gholy said:
Yes it wants to make you kill yourself,not because it's depressing or anything but it's so slow and boring.
Also, Breaking Bad = Mirai Nikki, and you're a tasteless casual if you disagree
Apr 11, 2015 11:21 PM

Jan 2015
HeroKenzan20 said:
Gholy said:

Yes it wants to make you kill yourself,not because it's depressing or anything but it's so slow and boring.
long story short; he hates his (thatanimuslug) cartoons?? What a tryhard
Apr 11, 2015 11:24 PM
Apr 2014
HeroKenzan20 said:
Gholy said:
Also, Breaking Bad = Mirai Nikki, and you're a tasteless casual if you disagree

QFT
If you disagree with the main protagonist of the anime community you are always wrong.
Don't forget that everyone who doesn't like Parasyte is just nitpicking...and nitpicking is something for idiots.
Yes, and Fate/Zero is total dogshit according to him as well, nevermind the fact that he gave it a 7 on both his MAL and anidb
Apr 11, 2015 11:28 PM

Sep 2014
Just going to contribute by saying I'm currently watching LoGH(~90 eps in) and it is one of the best shows I've seen. Tbh, I started it because of its MAL rating, and didn't really read any reviews or witness the elitist nature of its fan base.

The only I'll say is that it does a lot of things right that other shows often do wrong. It has multiple flaws(narrator being a big one) but it makes up for it and has really kept my attention and delivers in a way many shows fail to.

Elitist space BS ftw! am smart yet? :3
Apr 11, 2015 11:28 PM
Apr 2014
HeroKenzan20 said:
Gholy said:
Yes, and Fate/Zero is total dogshit according to him as well, nevermind the fact that he gave it a 7 on both his MAL and anidb
What a pleb you are 7=shit,atleast someone is using the rating system completly.
I think he gave Parasyte the same rating tho
Apr 11, 2015 11:29 PM

Jan 2015
Bully-kun said:
Remv_quevav said:

It is widely believed that KaceSpace consumed the entirety of LoGH at the tender age of 3 (One source even goes as far as to claim that he learned speaking and writing Japanese by merely watching the anime). That probably explains why he appears to be so much dazzling with enlightenment.
he is truly our lord and saviour
Apr 11, 2015 11:30 PM
Apr 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Bully-kun said:

When did KaceSpace discover Evangelion and Texhnolyze?
Apr 11, 2015 11:31 PM

Jan 2015
Gholy said:
Remv_quevav said:
look to his anilist
He finished it in just hours
DiginarcissaApr 11, 2015 11:37 PM
Apr 11, 2015 11:33 PM
Apr 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Gholy said:
look to his anilist
Tex is a 6 and Evanjelly is a 5?! May his majesty grant me wisdom, for my mortal mind can not comprehend such decisions.
Apr 11, 2015 11:35 PM

Mar 2012
ThatAnimeSnob hates all ecchi but he likes Daimidaler.

pffft
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 11, 2015 11:36 PM

Mar 2015
Fade2112 said:
Just going to contribute by saying I'm currently watching LoGH(~90 eps in) and it is one of the best shows I've seen. Tbh, I started it because of its MAL rating, and didn't really read any reviews or witness the elitist nature of its fan base.

The only I'll say is that it does a lot of things right that other shows often do wrong. It has multiple flaws(narrator being a big one) but it makes up for it and has really kept my attention and delivers in a way many shows fail to.

Elitist space BS ftw! am I smart yet? :3

Only after you've finished it and downrate all your other shows ;P
Glad that you like it btw.
Apr 11, 2015 11:39 PM

May 2010
Are we really having this discussion...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 11, 2015 11:39 PM

Jan 2013
Confucius said:
Are we really having this discussion...?

Only if you're smart enough.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 12, 2015 12:27 AM
Jan 2013
Zeta986 said:
ThatAnimeSnob hates all ecchi but he likes Daimidaler.

pffft

and Eva

Apr 12, 2015 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
insan3Inquisitor said:
Seriously, though. The Wire is better. Discuss.
I'm watching season one and D'angelo is probably my favorite character of the series with Buck being second and Prez being third. I'm feeling death flags for D'angelo and I really hope he doesn't get the gun.
Apr 12, 2015 1:53 AM

Oct 2014
They want to feel good about understanding something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2015 1:57 AM
Feb 2014
I'm with you Justice. No anime makes anyone smart. If anything, the smart anime fans are the ones who think and act themselves, rather than follow trends that everyone else and their mother does. If LOGH is your favorite anime because of that, fine. If you like it just to fit in, which to me is nearly 75% of the vocal fans, then I've got plenty of criticisms towards you.

LOGH is just too pretentious for me to commit to. 4 episodes in and I gave up, we'll keep it at that. I have no time for these things unless I'm really in the mood for it, which is quite unlikely because I already hate that fanbase of theirs with a passion and their condescending ironies. Anime isn't even big with me anymore as I just stick to airing series for now because I've seen enough to keep me satisfied.
AqutanApr 12, 2015 2:19 AM
Apr 12, 2015 2:10 AM

Jan 2015
NicoIsPathetic said:
I'm with you Justice. No anime makes anyone smart. If anything, the smart anime fans are the ones who think and act themselves, rather than follow trends that everyone else and their mother does. If LOGH is your favorite anime because of that, fine. If you like it just to fit in, which to me is nearly 75% of the vocal fans, then I've got plenty of criticisms towards you.

LOGH is just too pretentious for me to commit to. 4 episodes in and I gave up, we'll keep it at that. I have no time for these things unless I'm really in the mood for it, which is quite unlikely because I already hate that fanbase of theirs with a passion and their condescending ironies. Anime isn't even big with me anymore as I just stick to airing series for now because I've seen enough to keep me satisfied.

Edit: Oh dear, I just read the thread, it's literally turned into a shit slinging contest brought to you by yours truly, the shit LOGH fans!
*grabs popcorn
Dis is gonna be gud
Apr 12, 2015 2:21 AM

Dec 2012
Because LOGH is a meme.
Apr 12, 2015 2:53 AM

Feb 2010
Okiura said:
I've seen more people complaining about the supposed elitism of LOGH and its fandom than actual fans claiming to be as such. Everyone who watched it knows it's a pretty straightforward show.

This. While the phenomenon PoeticJustice described definitely exists, I think the ratio of people who actually are obnoxious like that to people who constantly complain about LOGH/its fanbase and are full of prejudice without ever watching the show, definitely leans much more to the latter crowd. The general consensus on MAL seems to be that it's 'cooler' to condemn the show and its fans unreflectedly than to voice that you enjoyed it. There's a lot of hate towards every show that people remotely connect to the term 'elitism', and LOGH is the primary scapegoat for that movement.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 12, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2015
To be honest, saying that watching LOGH makes them smarter and superior only makes them look dumb.
Apr 12, 2015 3:25 AM

Jun 2012
Wow. You guys really care about this.
Apr 12, 2015 3:35 AM

Sep 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

This. While the phenomenon PoeticJustice described definitely exists, I think the ratio of people who actually are obnoxious like that to people who constantly complain about LOGH/its fanbase and are full of prejudice without ever watching the show, definitely leans much more to the latter crowd. The general consensus on MAL seems to be that it's 'cooler' to condemn the show and its fans unreflectedly than to voice that you enjoyed it. There's a lot of hate towards every show that people remotely connect to the term 'elitism', and LOGH is the primary scapegoat for that movement.

It wasn't too long when most bebop fans were considered obnoxious old anime fan on MAL, right now its LoGH. After some time it will be another old show or another show where elitism can be associated with it.
Somehow associating and generalising users based on their favorite shows is popular thing on MAL.
Apr 12, 2015 3:38 AM

Dec 2012
Watched 4 episodes so far, my IQ has already increased by 20 and my average ratings have decreased by 3.
Apr 12, 2015 3:54 AM

Feb 2010
Inferno_Cop said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

It wasn't too long when most bebop fans were considered obnoxious old anime fan on MAL, right now its LoGH. After some time it will be another old show or another show where elitism can be associated with it.
Somehow associating and generalising users based on their favorite shows is popular thing on MAL.

Back in 2010/11 when I joined LOGH still had a more positive reputation. Not sure what happened, but well.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 12, 2015 3:58 AM

Nov 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Inferno_Cop said:

Back in 2010/11 when I joined LOGH still had a more positive reputation. Not sure what happened, but well.

Probably because Rorico always made rant reviews on many shows that people like in said year. And unfortunately his fav Anime is LOGH. So Yeah, we must blame him again.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 12, 2015 4:00 AM

Jan 2015
Inferno_Cop said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

pls it won't be Mushishi
Pls it won't be Mushishi
Apr 12, 2015 4:06 AM

Jul 2014
PoeticJustice said:

I noticed that a group of people think that watching and enjoying LOGH makes them "elite," or whatever. There are exceptions with people like Higashi

Ironically he is the admin of the 'Legend of the Galactic Heroes Elitist' club though.
Apr 12, 2015 4:09 AM

Sep 2012
Aria-da-Capo said:
PoeticJustice said:

I noticed that a group of people think that watching and enjoying LOGH makes them "elite," or whatever. There are exceptions with people like Higashi

Ironically he is the admin of the 'Legend of the Galactic Heroes Elitist' club though.

Ironically he is the smartest user here after Katsucats and _nil.
Apr 12, 2015 4:18 AM

Jul 2014
Inferno_Cop said:
Aria-da-Capo said:

Well, I wasn't implying otherwise.
Apr 12, 2015 4:19 AM

Jun 2014
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Wow. You guys really care about this.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 12, 2015 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
Inferno_Cop said:
Aria-da-Capo said:

whoa :o

Zerg before _nil
Apr 12, 2015 4:32 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Inferno_Cop said:

whoa :o

Zerg before _nil

Well _nil left MAL after getting accepted in Howard so yeah Zerg is now in top 3 "active smartest forum users".
All time top 10 list will be different though.
Inferno_CopApr 12, 2015 4:36 AM
Apr 12, 2015 4:50 AM
Dec 2012
LoGH has /a lot/ of flaws. And no, it doesn't have a "complex" plot either. But plotwise it has things that no other anime can boast of.

To the ones who haven't watched it, this may sound "pretentous" but it is quite true. Even, I who do not have anything against /old/ shows or /slow/ shows was quite skeptical. And even after watching half way through I was still not sure why it was considered so great.

But when you would finish the last two seasons, unless you have predetermined that "I won't like this, this is what pretentous people like", I think 9/10 people would get blow away. There is no flashy fight or nailbiting mindgame. what it has is human emotion and motivation in its truest form. Its hard to imagine or guess or compare with other shows, because as I had said, there is no other anime like this, or atleast I have not watched any. You have to experience it to know.
Apr 12, 2015 4:52 AM

Jun 2013
Since when did LOGH make you smart?
Apr 12, 2015 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
Idk about LOGH, i only watched 10 episodes it still shit to me... But let's see what happens till the end, more 90 episodes to go.

Also this thread is dumb. All fanbases are like dat.
Gintama is a shit fanbase too, i'm sorry.
GoldSlashApr 12, 2015 6:27 AM
Apr 12, 2015 6:26 AM

Jan 2015
LOGH is new Evangelion? IDK who keeps track of this shit.
Apr 12, 2015 6:28 AM

Jan 2015
Tienjt said:
I dunno, K-On is a far more intelligent show than LoGH

+1
Apr 12, 2015 7:11 AM

Mar 2012
Bully-kun said:
Gymkata said:
The true Logh fan can acknowledge and accept its potential shortcomings, encourage others to give it a fair shake but doesn't put it on a pedestal, chuckles at Rheinhard-sama x Kircheis references, usually can't stand ThatAnimeSnob, and doesn't give two shits whether their coffee is Fair Trade Single Origin Arabica, AeroPressed Semi-Levado...or not.

I don't know who this ThatAnimeSnob is but he seems like shit.

Looks like MAL Celebritry. Every thread his name is spoken.

Zeta986 said:

So what was the most perfect video game ever? is it Call of Duty?

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.
GoldSlashApr 12, 2015 7:23 AM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 26, 2008

80 by Safrichh »»
Sep 25, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 42 Discussion

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

42 by Seijatachiiii »»
Sep 13, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

135 by Seijatachiiii »»
Sep 10, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

54 by acuriousmind »»
Sep 7, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 31, 2008

60 by WilliamMinerva20 »»
Sep 6, 7:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.