Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2015 6:48 PM

Sep 2011
AngelsArcanum said:
Reialgo said:

Haven't played it in a while, but I mean to get it back from muh buddy soon, Orie best grill

Cool cool. I'll likely be up for any matches when I'm on.

@Jizzy: I don't think I heard the combat was that bad, but I heard the ending was deplorable, and yeah I spoiled myself it back when the game came out because I knew I wouldn't care and my god that's one of the dumbest and most ham-fisted final bosses and conclusions I've ever seen. My word.
like its not a travesty, but its so repetitive and when they just throw in a ton of enemies for the sake of it the game gets unbelievable repetitive,the enemies that can only die by the same weapon is frustrating though cause they will put multiple enemies that only die by different weapons in the same fight making it annoying to just damage them.

Story wise the game is worth playing for just cause its so hilariously bad in every way, like seriously i cant believe how close the writing can sometimes get to being almost clever only for them to pull back and make dick jokes or say the word fuck. Though this video sums up the game perfectly

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 18, 2015 12:40 AM

Feb 2008
So what happened with Bloodborne? Apparently it's a big trainwreck. Guess nobody needs a PS4 anymore haha.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 18, 2015 1:03 AM

Jan 2013
ZetaZaku said:
So what happened with Bloodborne? Apparently it's a big trainwreck. Guess nobody needs a PS4 anymore haha.

Where is this coming from?
Mar 18, 2015 5:00 AM

Sep 2011
AngelsArcanum said:
ZetaZaku said:

Where is this coming from?
yeah where is that coming from at all, the one leaked review from the really harsh edge was saying its a masterpiece, i mean i don't trust edge at all but the point is the only reception has been postiive thus far

ZeroMoon said:
Is Final Fantasy Type-0 worth a buy? Even without the Final Fantasy XV demo (since it doesn't last)?
yeah type-0 is really good so far, its told in this cool documentary like style kind of how legend of the galactic heroes was told though hopefully it doesn't spoil itself as much. The only thing i really dislike is the motion blur which hurts my eyes everytime i start up the game but it eventually adjusts, i mean it should be noted that this is still obviously a psp game with better controls and tweaking but you cant escape the psp playstyle without completely remaking it, but as it stands its a really complex battle system especially by action rpg terms with a pretty insanely big amount of content and strategy involved with a story thats at least got a very good start thus far.
JizzyHitlerMar 18, 2015 5:11 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 18, 2015 6:23 AM

Apr 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:

FUCK YOU!

Im also really curious as to why Zeta think Bloodborne is a trainwreck.
Mar 18, 2015 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Yeah, Jizzy is right, I've looked all over for bad responses to Bloodborne and I've found nothing. Only the Edge review possibly saying there weren't too many weapons in the first 40 hours but still praising the game quite a bit. I think Zeta is just trying to troll us lol.
Mar 18, 2015 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
AngelsArcanum said:
Yeah, Jizzy is right, I've looked all over for bad responses to Bloodborne and I've found nothing. Only the Edge review possibly saying there weren't too many weapons in the first 40 hours but still praising the game quite a bit. I think Zeta is just trying to troll us lol.
Literally the closest i could find was negativity on 4chan which is not even exaggerating just a bunch of pc only gamers having a hissy fit, as of the moment the only reception of people who have actually played it is just the edge review

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 18, 2015 8:36 AM

Feb 2008
Something about six weapons and 45 second loading screens. And it loads every time you die.

Mar 18, 2015 9:24 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Something about six weapons and 45 second loading screens. And it loads every time you die.

Seems like you need to
Git Gud
then.

No but if that is true then, yeah that does look pretty damn annoying.
Waiting 35 seconds every damn time...
I still dont get why upgrading to a SSD on a console doesnt cut loading times whatsoever. Thats so stupid.
Mar 18, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2013
I can live through 45 seconds of loading, maybe it could be patched up too. And there might be more weapons in the game too perhaps needing to be unearthed, but the Souls games are still about the marriage of exploration, challenge, discovery, etc so as long as everything else is still enticing, getting those weapons will still be rewarding and it will be fun to run around with all this crazy stuff.
Mar 18, 2015 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
If some guy who finished the game by now says there are only sex weapons, I can assure you there are atleast 12. I think I missed half the weapons in my first Dark Souls 1 run and I didnt ruhsh trough it...

Regarding the loading times, I got curious and researched and found out that apparently the Ps4s loading times are due to it using a SATA2 controller. A standard from 2004, allowing for 300mb/s to be loaded.

If that is true, that shit is ridiculous.
Mar 18, 2015 2:50 PM

Sep 2011
oh wow that load time, its almost like the day 1 optimization patch isnt added yet cause those copies were released before street day or something.

Also the 6 weapons thing was already debunked, for starters you have to be pretty retarded to misread the 6 weapons thing, that started cause the edge reviewer said he only FOUND 6 wepaons not that there are only 6. Theres been a confirmation apparently of 43 unique weapons, yes small compared to the souls games but the souls games also tossed dozens of useless weapons we never bothered touching
JizzyHitlerMar 18, 2015 2:54 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 18, 2015 2:59 PM

Apr 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
oh wow that load time, its almost like the day 1 optimization patch isnt added yet cause those copies were released before street day or something.

Yeah but patch or no path, I still dont think they can bring down loading times to a reasonable number, both consoles have shown to have long loading times on every bigger game. I might just be spoiled tough.
Mar 18, 2015 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
baki502 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Yeah but patch or no path, I still dont think they can bring down loading times to a reasonable number, both consoles have shown to have long loading times on every bigger game. I might just be spoiled tough.
im sure it wont be immediate, but its not like the souls games have had the best loading times to begin with, let alone to call it a trainwreck over it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 18, 2015 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
baki502 said:

im sure it wont be immediate, but its not like the souls games have had the best loading times to begin with, let alone to call it a trainwreck over it

Thats the thing actually, Souls games have excellent loading times. The problem seems to be the consoles, and I really dont know why Sony and Microsoft havent taken the opportunity to improve in this area with the Ps4 and X1.

Okay I am using an SSD and such, but my loading time in Dks2 are 2-3 seconds. Probably only that much because it requires the item description to appear.

Still its far from a trainwreck because of it. It is merely a mild annoyance for spoiled brats like me :D
Mar 18, 2015 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:

Also the 6 weapons thing was already debunked, for starters you have to be pretty retarded to misread the 6 weapons thing, that started cause the edge reviewer said he only FOUND 6 wepaons not that there are only 6. Theres been a confirmation apparently of 43 unique weapons, yes small compared to the souls games but the souls games also tossed dozens of useless weapons we never bothered touching

Yeah, when I read that though I made the assumption that the reviewer was capable enough to get a fair bit of stuff on the first playthrough I suppose, figuring it was around 6 weapons and such, but shiiiit, 43 unique weaps is still great, especially considering how innovative they are and the double functions.
Mar 18, 2015 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
Also got Smash 4 Wii U, add me up; username is the same.
Mar 19, 2015 10:49 AM

Mar 2014
C'mon people no one played Hotline Miami 2? ?

There is a lot of things which are worse than the first one such as far more open levels where you'll get killed through some window offscreen and the game got a slower pace overall, but it's all worth it for one simple reason...

Mar 19, 2015 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
I swear to god this kojima leaving konami rumor better not be true, not when we finally got a silent hill kojima game, FUCK YOU THERE IS NO GOD IF THIS IS TRUE!

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 19, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
TehSkullkid said:
C'mon people no one played Hotline Miami 2? ?

There is a lot of things which are worse than the first one such as far more open levels where you'll get killed through some window offscreen and the game got a slower pace overall, but it's all worth it for one simple reason...

Sadly dont have the time for it right now and I got a huge backlog. Its definetly on my ptg list and quite up there, along with Ori and the blind forest and others.
Mar 19, 2015 8:02 PM

Feb 2008
NotJizzyHitler said:
I swear to god this kojima leaving konami rumor better not be true, not when we finally got a silent hill kojima game, FUCK YOU THERE IS NO GOD IF THIS IS TRUE!

What's even worse is that Konami is apparently removing his name from Metal Gear Solid as well. At this point, they removed his logo from all promo art and the website. If his name isn't in MGSV, someone better slit everyone's throat at Konami. Gaming is dying. RIP.

Mar 20, 2015 12:25 AM
Jun 2008
Kojima is a co-president at Konami, so I don't think anyone has the power to remove him in any way shape or form.

I think this is him trolling again.
Mar 20, 2015 10:56 AM

Sep 2011
Wind_Falcon said:
Kojima is a co-president at Konami, so I don't think anyone has the power to remove him in any way shape or form.

I think this is him trolling again.
He wasnt fired, hes leaving, kojima has always been fed up with konami's shit apparently there was just a massive argument this time that finalized him leaving after mgs5

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 21, 2015 11:31 AM
Aug 2011
indiegala.com has a couple of free steam key giveaways at the moment, Pixel Puzzles Japan on the IndieGala Store page, Commando Jack on the Monday Bundle page. Just scroll past the games to see them.
Mar 22, 2015 5:34 PM

Mar 2009
Could I get some input on which games I should drop and which games I should focus on?
http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=AlabastreAizo&status=1
Mar 23, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2012
I would drop Hot Pursuit. Dirt 3 is fun, but thats a game you can play in between a race or two, no need to focus on it.

Personally I would focus on Witcher 2, great game. Also Transisotr, altough I havent played it myself.
And Demon Souls, play more Demon Souls, and record it so we can see it :D
Mar 23, 2015 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
I found the best Bloodborne review out xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMicfYlgjnU
Mar 23, 2015 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
Seems more good Bloodborne reviews are sprouting up :D. Now if only I had a PS4 already ;_;.
Mar 24, 2015 12:15 AM

Jul 2013
Halfway through The Witcher 2 and its ok. To be brutally honest I'm not enjoying the combat in the least. It's tedious more than anything and I'm not having fun with it. The item / menu screen isn't the best I've come across. It's a bit cumbersome. The characters are where I'm finding the most enjoyment from the experience though I'm not too fond of any one of them exactly. The side quests are more interesting than the main plot for me. The engagements with nonhumans or supernatural beings interest me more than human engagements. There's more to come so we'll see if any of this changes or how I feel about it changes.
Nagisa33Mar 24, 2015 12:22 AM
Mar 24, 2015 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:
Halfway through The Witcher 2 and its ok. To be brutally honest I'm not enjoying the combat in the least. It's tedious more than anything and I'm not having fun with it. The item / menu screen isn't the best I've come across. It's a bit cumbersome. The characters are where I'm finding the most enjoyment from the experience though I'm not too fond of any one of them exactly. The side quests are more interesting than the main plot for me. The engagements with nonhumans or supernatural beings interest me more than human engagements. There's more to come so we'll see if any of this changes or how I feel about it changes.

Im guessing youve got it for console? I never experienced the vanilla combat which I heard is awful, I only played with the Combat Rebalance Mod. It was still not the greatest, but with that it was alright, not enough to put me in excstacy but enjoyable enough for it to not feel tedious.

As for the characters, yeah they are the most interesting, especially the non human ones. And great side quests are what make me so excited for Witcher 3. A Open World game where apparently all sidequests are like that? A german site gamestar played the first 12 hours and said they did not encounter a single fetch quest.
Mar 25, 2015 2:22 AM

Sep 2011
On my way to the store to pick up Bloodborne! I hope it won't disappoint.
Mar 25, 2015 5:22 AM

Jul 2013
What games do you consider masterpieces and why? Which games have moved you in a certain way?
Mar 25, 2015 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
Haakonwale said:
On my way to the store to pick up Bloodborne! I hope it won't disappoint.
its been an utter blast so far for me

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 25, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
I beat The Witcher 2. It really started to pick up halway through the second chapter. I was starting to like some of the characters, most notably iorveth. I'm fond of his and Geralt's relationship as well. The final confrontation was a bit of a let down and I didn't care for the other witcher. So, I still don't really care for most of the characters. Geralt, is cool and I'm fond of seeing his view of neutrality (or being as neutral as he can be) but he's not anything to write home about. I just couldn't get invested in most of the crew or the politic heavy story.

The side quests were hit or miss and it didn't help with a map that was difficult to know where you were. I wasted time going in different houses or getting lost thanks to it. The most notable side quest was the golem one. I enjoyed it quite a bit and its a shame that others weren't as interesting. I must have blocked out some others form my memory, they were so forgettable.

The menu, combat, and pretty much most of the gameplay were the worst aspects of the game. I found them tedious and sometimes cumbersome. Idk if I'm going to get the third one but it does look like they've improved on a few aspects. I wanted to enjoy or appreciate this game but color me bored and unimpressed. Well, save for one aspect. There was no karma/morality system. The choices made are the ones you stick with and you don't know exactly what the result of them will be.
Mar 25, 2015 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
Regarding the item management system I also had a mod to help with frustration of that, basically all herbs weighed nothing, so I didnt have to worry about my load because of stupid herbs.

As for the map problem, I didnt really have that one as I am used to simply learning the map by heart from playing Dark Souls alot . I remembered the areas once I passed trough them. Excecpt for the mine part in the second or third chapter, god that one was annoying.

From what I am reading, you went Jorveths path? I went Roachs path, and while standards are different, I quite enjoyed the characters. Yeah the final confrontation wasnt that big of a deal and honestly more of an occasion they used for explaining what actually happened and laying all the details on the table at the end.

While maybe on its own the narrative isnt blowing one away, I think the biggest part in it that you just glossed over is the fact that your choices matter, they make a differenc and they are not obvious nad feel natural.

Gerald isnt so much a character you like or dislike as he is what you play him like. Not completely but to a certain degree. If you engage in alot of extra dialogue then your Geralt is more chatty than other peoples, you can make your Geralt be a complete racist/speciest and shit on dwarfes and elves at every occasion etc..
And the nicest part about is that it all matters.

I guess in the end it comes down to personal preference. I vastly prefer a game like Witcher with maybe overally "only" decent story and characters, but the freedom and significance of choice you have, rather than an excellent story with excellent characters that are spoonfed to you via cutscenes.

That said, it all comes down to personal taste in the end I suppose, and tastes are different. I personally find the Witcher games to be from a story perspective one of the best out there, my worldview wont break apart if you dont share my enthusiasm :D
baki502Mar 25, 2015 4:17 PM
Mar 26, 2015 12:48 AM

Aug 2009
How about dat Bloodborne, guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4-DbHeHc4

I haven't been deep into the game yet; just did some exploring and that boss fight. But I like what I'm seeing so far. Looks neat, controls well.
dietmangoMar 26, 2015 12:57 AM
Mar 26, 2015 8:04 AM

Jul 2013
Thanks for the link mango but I'm going to hold off until I play through the game myself. I'll check it out later. Also, who here has Bloodborne? I'd like to play with you guys when I get it.
Mar 26, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:
Thanks for the link mango but I'm going to hold off until I play through the game myself. I'll check it out later. Also, who here has Bloodborne? I'd like to play with you guys when I get it.

I got it today wiht a Ps4. Im such a moron, more passion than brains.
Mar 26, 2015 5:02 PM

Feb 2012
Aw yeah ys 6 is coming to steam in spring, hopefully xseed can pick up ys 7 and the other trails in the sky games later down the line at this rate
Mar 26, 2015 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
Don't have PS+ as my 2 day trial just ended, but I'm enjoying Bloodborne so far. The difficulty has some huge disparities though, it spikes from either too easy to too hard really quickly although it mostly leans on the former, and the difficulty is isn't really in individual enemies themselves but cheap stuff like power in numbers bombarding you with so many enemies at once, and then late into the game there's this maiden that respawns enemies, triples their health bars and doubles their power while she's alive and they respawn on death too while surrounded by dozens of enemies. Shortly after are these insanely relentless, powerful and beefy clusterf***s that are very fast, take little damage from anything other than some holy fires around the area (or maybe Molotovs too?) and there are a bunch of them too. The boss for the corresponding area seemed kind of easy on the other hand, although I was out of vials and had half health by the time I got to it, so I'll try to re-attempt later. Enjoying the game though, there are a few minor nitpicks, but probably fewer and more far between than DS2.
Mar 27, 2015 1:38 AM

Feb 2008
Reialgo said:
Aw yeah ys 6 is coming to steam in spring, hopefully xseed can pick up ys 7 and the other trails in the sky games later down the line at this rate

I still need to finish Ys Origins ;_; The game was so broken when it was released on Steam, I had to fight the final boss a couple times, and the game always crashed. I ended up giving up at that point and never finished it properly. Hope Ys 6 won't be as broken haha.

Also, playing Ocarina of Time for the first time, 3DS version of course (which seems to be the best version currently). Just finished Forest Temple, and so far I like it. It kinda feels like a 3D re-imagining for A Link to the Past, and since that's my favorite Zelda game, it's only natural that I'll like OoT as well.

Mar 27, 2015 10:28 AM

Feb 2012
Haha I probably picked it up afterwards, haven't ran into any bugs playing through it, though I have yet to psyche myself up to actually beat the last zone though....

Any one got impressions on bloodborne PvP? I heard you can heal really fast(DeS grass fast?) but shooting someone when healing makes them repost-able? So on the one hand great heal punishing, on the other I've heard of fights dragging on for 40+ mins...
Mar 27, 2015 10:43 AM

Feb 2008
It was ridiculously broken on release. I wish I played it later as well. Oh well, at least it's fixed now, so I'll revisit it eventually.

Mar 27, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
Reialgo said:
Any one got impressions on bloodborne PvP? I heard you can heal really fast(DeS grass fast?) but shooting someone when healing makes them repost-able? So on the one hand great heal punishing, on the other I've heard of fights dragging on for 40+ mins...
PvP is not very good, I'm afraid. And yeah, invaders can heal and it's annoying. I got invaded by this japanese guy 4 times in a row. He was super laggy and used all 24 of his blood vials each time he invaded. -_-
I'm fine with inavders being able to use them, but for the love of everything holy, nerf it so they only get half healing or something. As it is now, it's ridiculous. I had to do a total of 15000 damage to that one guy each time he invaded..

(I haven't played much PvP since it's extremely hard to get invasions due to the fact that they have to have the bell active to get invaded, which is dumb as shit.)
Mar 28, 2015 9:33 AM

Feb 2008
HumbleBundle is giving out a free copy of Spec Ops: The Line to everyone who buys a 2K game during the sale. It can be pretty much any of their game. I bought Civ3 since it's the cheapest.

Mar 30, 2015 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
I'm level 50 in bloodborne. Anyone want to coop or pvp?
Mar 30, 2015 8:25 AM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:
I'm level 50 in bloodborne. Anyone want to coop or pvp?

Im 50 too, where are you at area wise?
Mar 30, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
I just beat Old Yarham and the Cathedral area. I'm level 52 and I'm making my way to the forest.
Nagisa33Mar 30, 2015 3:09 PM
Mar 30, 2015 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
meanwhile im literally just starting the game, been too backed up on homework before my spring break to follow even anime nor games, good thing i cleared almost all my backlog of last seasons(save a few on hold shows) cause I would be in a giant mess when next season comes around

I want to beat type-0 before i get too deep in bloodborne anyway

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 30, 2015 4:22 PM

Feb 2008
A bit disappointed by the length, but Spec Ops The Line was an amazing experience. Deserves most of the praise it gets. I haven't played a lot of shooters, so the game never felt boring and repetitive during shooting for me, and I felt that the gameplay was at least solid. The mechanic where you break the window and kill enemies with sand was awesome though.

One thing I don't understand, how can people say that they "felt" the weight of killing people in the game, when it really doesn't affect you as a player in any way (aside from two sections involving civilians). Maybe it's because I'm not American, so I'm not killing "my" guys. So whether I'm shooting Arabs or Americans was the same. Though you can feel that in your characters, which is a thing to praise.

What I liked the most about the game would be the setting and level designs. Looking at those hotels covered in sand, with a post apocalyptic look to it, was really "beautiful" from a design perspective. Stages itself were straightforward hallways every shooter has. And aside of that, I really liked how graphic the game was, which was really showing the true colors of war (the burned civilians).

So yeah, overall it was a pretty good game. Wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but one of the better the genre has to offer story-wise. Gameplay itself was just an average shooter. Hate how you unlock the hardest difficulty by finishing the game on hard (or Suicide in this case). But I guess that it is worth replaying for the story, being that it's already short, so the difficulty gives an excuse to do so.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (38) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

32 by Ducat_Revel »»
Jul 17, 5:02 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.