Forum Settings
Forums

Do you value online friendship the same as IRL friendship?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 5, 2015 12:23 AM

Feb 2015
Korrvo said:
saw that nico

I keep thinking if we ignore it, it'll go away.. but that doesn't seem to be working. I mean, i feel bad this is its only form of human itneraction and it seems to have glommed onto me as an output.. flattered really.. but I'm not interested and it just doesn't seem to understand.

Do you speak its language? Do you think you could maybe persuade it to find a different thing of interest?
Mar 5, 2015 12:24 AM

Mar 2014
Well, this thread digressed quickly.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 5, 2015 12:26 AM
Feb 2014
aloricg said:
Korrvo said:
saw that nico

I keep thinking if we ignore it, it'll go away.. but that doesn't seem to be working. I mean, i feel bad this is its only form of human itneraction and it seems to have glommed onto me as an output.. flattered really.. but I'm not interested and it just doesn't seem to understand.

Do you speak its language? Do you think you could maybe persuade it to find a different thing of interest?

"It"

thanks i appreciate it boss
Mar 5, 2015 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
aloricg said:
Korrvo said:
saw that nico

I'm almost tempted to see how far I can go before the mods actually do ban me from this forum, that is how much I despise you right now. Fuck you. Treat people like subhumans and call them "it" as well as downplaying one of the biggest chapters of my entire life, something that's eaten at me for seven fucking years and may eventually lead to me killing myself because I can't seem to recover from it. Fuck you, man.
Mar 5, 2015 12:28 AM
Feb 2014
SubaTonic said:
aloricg said:

I'm almost tempted to see how far I can go before the mods actually do ban me from this forum, that is how much I despise you right now. Fuck you. Treat people like subhumans and call them "it" as well as downplaying one of the biggest chapters of my entire life, something that's eaten at me for seven fucking years and may eventually lead to me killing myself because I can't seem to recover from it. Fuck you, man.

underrated post
Mar 5, 2015 12:29 AM

Feb 2015
SubaTonic said:
aloricg said:

To quote RuPaul:

Bitch, get stronger.
Mar 5, 2015 12:29 AM

Apr 2014
Korrvo said:
This topic all over the place lol

So many people with so many different (or lack of) experiences and so many different views and blinding biases because of it.

I love it.

I've had good and bad experiences with online friendships.

But I am not going to delve into a cynical view of it. Focusing on the bad is a telling sign of insecurity in real life experiences. Like people who are too insecure to start dating again because they "don't want to be hurt again". You pick yourself up and try again. You don't immediately disregard the good that can come from something simply because you've fallen.

If you're insecure with online friendships/relationships. That's completely fine. You don't have to follow it. That is your choice and your life. No one should tell you how to live it. But when you place your view on a pedestal and preach it to everyone as the god's honest truth. That's where it becomes idiotic. It's like me sitting here telling you online friends are better because I met too many dicks going out to bars. Which is not true at all.
Mar 5, 2015 12:33 AM
Feb 2014
cause said:
Korrvo said:
This topic all over the place lol

So many people with so many different (or lack of) experiences and so many different views and blinding biases because of it.

I love it.

I've had good and bad experiences with online friendships.

But I am not going to delve into a cynical view of it. Focusing on the bad is a telling sign of insecurity in real life experiences. Like people who are too insecure to start dating again because they "don't want to be hurt again". You pick yourself up and try again. You don't immediately disregard the good that can come from something simply because you've fallen.

If you're insecure with online friendships/relationships. That's completely fine. You don't have to follow it. That is your choice and your life. No one should tell you how to live it. But when you place your view on a pedestal and preach it to everyone as the god's honest truth. That's where it becomes idiotic. It's like me sitting here telling you online friends are better because I met too many dicks going out to bars. Which is not true at all.

Just take what he says with a grain of salt honestly. It's best we just troll trolls as a counter attack rather than arguing with them about why they're wrong.

But if this dude's serious, he has problems.

Feb 2015
And for the record - you're not depressed, you're self-important.

Get over it.
Feb 2014
aloricg said:

Get over it.

thanks boss i appreciate it
Mar 5, 2015 12:34 AM

Sep 2012
aloricg said:

I speak circlejerk and unfortunately there are no combination of words that sound like "think for yourself" or "individuality" in that language. Nothing I can say.

(I like Nico so I wouldn't say anything anyway.)

While I agree with you aloricg, and quite heavily I might add, you should give at least a little bit of credit where it's due, just to raise your credit a little bit.

Keeping in mind that the topic is "Do you (as in, personally) value online friendships the same as IRL relationships?" instead of, "Is Online or IRL friends more influential/better/whatever than the other?"

---

While I don't think an online relationship can EVER compare to an IRL relationship of equal caliber, there are people with a lack of experience or an abnormal amount of luck in one or the other. To those people specifically, it does make sense why they would personally value it more.

There are people who have been luckily enough to have a deep as fuck online relationship with someone for 7~ years like Subatonic, but, and I'm sorry to those who think otherwise, there simply is no comparison to a full-on IRL relationship.

You may not see a difference, but that's because you have not personally had a proper IRL relationship to compare your internet ones too. You are biased in the wrong way and uneducated. You have utterly missed out.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Mar 5, 2015 12:35 AM

Apr 2014
TheRealNico said:

Just take what he says with a grain of salt honestly. It's best we just troll trolls as a counter attack rather than arguing with them about why they're wrong.

But if this dude's serious, he has problems.

I don't devolve into stupid trolling on serious topics. I just ignore it.
Mar 5, 2015 12:36 AM

Sep 2014
aloricg said:

Get over it.

hmmm. if this is how you think about depression, then I doubt you know much about friendship either.

that's not how depression works.
Mar 5, 2015 12:36 AM
Feb 2014
Korrvo said:
aloricg said:

I speak circlejerk and unfortunately there are no combination of words that sound like "think for yourself" or "individuality" in that language. Nothing I can say.

(I like Nico so I wouldn't say anything anyway.)

While I agree with you aloricg, and quite heavily I might add, you should give at least a little bit of credit where it's due, just to raise your credit a little bit.

Keeping in mind that the topic is "Do you (as in, personally) value online friendships the same as IRL relationships?" instead of, "Is Online or IRL friends more influential/better/whatever than the other?"

---

While I don't think an online relationship can EVER compare to an IRL relationship of equal caliber, there are people with a lack of experience or an abnormal amount of luck in one or the other. To those people specifically, it does make sense why they would personally value it more.

There are people who have been luckily enough to have a deep as fuck online relationship with someone for 7~ years like Subatonic, but, and I'm sorry to those who think otherwise, there simply is no comparison to a full-on IRL relationship.

You may not see a difference, but that's because you have not personally had a proper IRL relationship to compare your internet ones too. You have utterly missed out.

What's the point in fixing broken records, man.

I get he's trying to think for himself, but he's gone way too over the top. It's when you act like a fool that I act the way I do.

Tbf, I agree with most of what you said although usually IRL friendships are the ones that are more set-in-stone so to speak from my own personal experiences.
Mar 5, 2015 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
TheRealNico said:

I get he's trying to think for himself, but he's gone way too over the top. It's when you act like a fool that I act the way I do.
I felt like I wasn't participating so I wanted to participate.

And yeah I get it, I don't agree with the way he handled it, but I didn't want his point being dismissed as "a stupid troll's mindset" and that's it. The thread was becoming a bit too one-sided for my tastes.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Mar 5, 2015 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
Korrvo said:

You may not see a difference, but that's because you have not personally had a proper IRL relationship to compare your internet ones too. You have utterly missed out.

If making people feel like absolute worthless shit was a profession, you wouldn't need to go to school for it.
Mar 5, 2015 12:39 AM
Feb 2014
Korrvo said:
TheRealNico said:

I felt like I wasn't participating so I wanted to participate.

And yeah I get it, I don't agree with the way he handled it, but I didn't want his point being dismissed as "a stupid troll's mindset" and that's it. The thread was becoming a bit too one-sided for my tastes.

Well I value both and I don't see what the problem is in valuing both. I saw his skewed view and it resorted into baiting of all kinds so there's the problem with the picture.
Mar 5, 2015 12:39 AM

May 2012
What I learned from this thread: niggas on mal are fucked up. Duly noted.
Mar 5, 2015 12:40 AM

Sep 2012
SubaTonic said:

If making people feel like absolute worthless shit was a profession, you wouldn't need to go to school for it.
I know LOL

MB, it slips out really insensitive way more than it should. I don't mean to be that way.
Mar 5, 2015 12:41 AM
Feb 2014
PoeticJustice said:

Just live the dream, Justice. You, NudeBear, and me know how shit goes on here. I like to call us Sigma 3.
Mar 5, 2015 12:41 AM

Feb 2015
AnimeFreak-San said:
aloricg said:

Get over it.

hmmm. if this is how you think about depression, then I doubt you know much about friendship either.

He hasnt said a thing that relates to actual depression.

He has related copious tells of small-minded self-important "me me me" bullshit.

"Stupid shit that happened to me is soooo important and life changing"

No it's not.

"No one understand how i uniquely feels because i'm a special snowflake"

No you're not and other people have been there and gotten the fuck over it.

"whine whine bitch whine" - on an ANIME forum.

For fuck's sake, if that's not blatant attention grabbing I don't know what is. it's not a cry for help, it's a ploy for attention.
Mar 5, 2015 12:42 AM
Feb 2014
aloricg said:
AnimeFreak-San said:

He has related copious tells of small-minded self-important "me me me" bullshit.

No it's not.

For fuck's sake, if that's not blatant attention grabbing I don't know what is. it's not a cry for help, it's a ploy for attention.

then why are you doing the same here i mean you can always just ignore the guy if hes having a sob story bitchfit

this hypocrisy i cant
Mar 5, 2015 12:42 AM

May 2012
TheRealNico said:
PoeticJustice said:

Just live the dream, Justice. You, NudeBear, and me know how shit goes on here. I like to call us Sigma 3.

We should have coordinating avatars then.
Mar 5, 2015 12:43 AM

Nov 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Ain't that a sad truth.
Mar 5, 2015 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
You think spending seven years doing literally nothing with my life, distancing myself from most of my old friends and my family, overdosing on fuck all knows how many OTC drugs and drinking Isopropyl alcohol even when I can afford the real stuff isn't a person dealing with some pretty serious depression, then what in the mother of fuck is?
Mar 5, 2015 12:44 AM

Feb 2015
TheRealNico said:
aloricg said:

No it's not.

then why are you doing the same here i mean you can always just ignore the guy if hes having a sob story bitchfit

this hypocrisy i cant

Cuz i wasted all my ability for non-hostile ignorance on you.
Mar 5, 2015 12:44 AM

Apr 2014
Everyone who posts on this forum wants attention

If we didn't

We wouldn't click the "Post Message" button.
Mar 5, 2015 12:45 AM

May 2012
SubaTonic said:
You think spending seven years doing literally nothing with my life, distancing myself from most of my old friends and my family, overdosing on fuck all knows how many OTC drugs and drinking Isopropyl alcohol even when I can afford the real stuff isn't a person dealing with some pretty serious depression, then what in the mother of fuck is?

Bro, don't get worked up man. You don't know this dude, he is talking out of his butthole.

Feb 2015
SubaTonic said:

*slow clap*

Bravo. How long is this show going to last?

Jan 2015
Depends where online, for example If a met someone on facebook vs someone on a game forum. You can feel closer to someone you know well on facebook because they have pictures and stuff (its possible all of it can be fabricated but say we have mutual friends..etc), you are more prone to trust the individual however it is also possible to befriend someone who you've been talking to for a while. You can't help but feel an emotional attached to them even if they are just words popping up on a screen.
Mar 5, 2015 12:46 AM

Sep 2012
TheRealNico said:

Well I value both and I don't see what the problem is in valuing both. I saw his skewed view and it resorted into baiting of all kinds so there's the problem with the picture.
There is no problem, I was just making sure my viewpoint was being heard loud and clear to everyone else and not being dismissed. :^)
Mar 5, 2015 12:46 AM
Feb 2014
PoeticJustice said:
SubaTonic said:

Bro, don't get worked up man. You don't know this dude, he is talking out of his butthole.

Indeed. Just take what he says with a grain of salt until he finally gets btfo for good
Mar 5, 2015 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
PoeticJustice said:

Unfortunately, I am the exact type of person who can and will get worked up by this shit.
Mar 5, 2015 12:47 AM

Feb 2015
Yes.. flock to the attention craver.. feed into his claim of persecution.

Maybe you can start a kickstarter to get him a cross to climb up on.
Mar 5, 2015 12:48 AM

Aug 2014
SubaTonic said:

Allow me to offer a piece of advice: this falls into the category of arguments where no matter what either person says, neither will change their point of view. Literally nothing productive is going to come out of this. The fact that you're upset by this, and the posters seem to be encouraged by this more than anything, is a pretty good indication that it's time to ignore.

Srsly, I imagine most of us are here to kick back, waste time, maybe enjoy ourselves a little bit. If it's irritating, let's take a break!

(And saying "I'm going to ignore this going forward!" and then continuing to post is not ignoring. I see that a lot lol)
Mar 5, 2015 12:49 AM
Feb 2014
SubaTonic said:
PoeticJustice said:

Unfortunately, I am the exact type of person who can and will get worked up by this shit.

Just don't let it get to you man, really, it's just an Internet argument with someone who you know you're better than, so isn't all that matters?

I mean I stopped taking him seriously the minute he called me overprivileged. The dude is massively oppressed, and you're not oppressed at all.
Mar 5, 2015 12:50 AM

Nov 2013
bigguy37 said:
SubaTonic said:

Allow me to offer a piece of advice: this falls into the category of arguments where no matter what either person says, neither will change their point of view. Literally nothing productive is going to come out of this. The fact that you're upset by this, and the posters seem to be encouraged by this more than anything, is a pretty good indication that it's time to ignore.

Srsly, I imagine most of us are here to kick back, waste time, maybe enjoy ourselves a little bit. If it's irritating, let's take a break!

(And saying "I'm going to ignore this going forward!" and then continuing to post is not ignoring. I see that a lot lol)
Welcome to the internet biggu37. Where people argue over shit they claim they don't care about. Grab a set, and some popcorn and enjoy your stay.
Mar 5, 2015 12:51 AM

Sep 2012
LAOG said:
Welcome to the internet biggu37. Where people argue over shit they claim they don't care about. Grab a set, and some popcorn and enjoy your stay.
I've been in at least 6 today, aiming for 7. (and regretting every second of it)
Mar 5, 2015 12:52 AM

Apr 2014
*seat

Feb 2015
TheRealNico said:
SubaTonic said:

Just don't let it get to you man, really, it's just an Internet argument with someone who you know you're better than, so isn't all that matters?

I mean I stopped taking him seriously the minute he called me overprivileged. The dude is massively oppressed, and you're not oppressed at all.

Wait, who the fuck called you overprivilegded?

Do you we need to go over the reading comprehension thing again?

Mar 2014
someone lock this thread.
~Oscar
[/i]

Feb 2015
cause said:
*seat

did you just correct you other account's typo..?
Mar 5, 2015 12:54 AM

Nov 2013
Korrvo said:
LAOG said:
I've been in at least 6 today, aiming for 7. (and regretting every second of it)
Pull out while you still can mane'.

Jun 2014
LAOG said:
bigguy37 said:

Gotcha

Mar 2014
geniobastardo said:
~Oscar
[/i]

Sep 2012
LAOG said:
Korrvo said:
Pull out while you still can mane'.
Fuck that, I'm going all the way. Impregnation or bust.

i mean wait what

Mar 2014
geniobastardo said:
geniobastardo said:
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 5, 2015 12:55 AM

Jan 2014
I wish I got here earlier.
Mar 5, 2015 12:55 AM

Mar 2014
geniobastardo said:
geniobastardo said:
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 5, 2015 12:56 AM

Feb 2015
So.. riddle me this..

How does someone try to kill themself multiple times in 7 years and fail repeatedly if they're at all serious about it and not just trying to get attention?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people abandon their friends for relationships? ( 1 2 )

Amityblight - Sep 20

57 by lalabella »»
13 minutes ago

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 22

31 by lalabella »»
21 minutes ago

» How often do you go to the gym or workout in general?

ZakuF_ - Yesterday

16 by Icymatika »»
24 minutes ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - May 25

18 by Zarutaku »»
29 minutes ago

» I believe in solipsism. Is that crazy?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

32 by SmugSatoko »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.