Forum Settings
Forums

If there was one trope/cliche you could take out of anime, what would it be?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 17, 2014 8:59 AM

Jul 2013
Sapewloth said:
Lolis (and sexualised children in general), incest for the sake of otaku pandering, bad tsunderes (which represent 99,99% of them; actually you can take them all away - just keep Rin Tohsaka), totally helpless female leads screaming with high-pitched ear ache-inducing voice who can't do jack without some manly help, highschools.

rip industry
Apr 17, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
Battle anime.
Excessive fan service.
One Piece.
Apr 17, 2014 9:25 AM

Jun 2011
Lord_Pooka said:

One Piece.

:'(

OT: Cringeworthy melodrama gets on my nerves at times, so I'll go with that.

Apr 17, 2014 10:22 AM
Apr 2013
Women with big brother complexes/men with little sister complexes.
Apr 17, 2014 10:27 AM

Mar 2014

Remove that cliche as well. Nice how you brought up Higurashi though.
Apr 17, 2014 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
Lord_Pooka said:

Remove that cliche as well. Nice how you brought up Higurashi though.

Didn't mean for the links to be connected to the other thread.

That image is just the absolute best example of how stupid crazyface looks.
Apr 17, 2014 10:32 AM

Dec 2012
This applies to all storytelling, but it's high time the damsel in distress/hostage situations leave town. Unless they plan to do something outrageous with it, otherwise deep sighs shall be exhaled.
Apr 17, 2014 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
Incest.
Like holy fuck Japan, enough of this shit, keep it to your creepy underground doujins or something.
Apr 17, 2014 10:38 AM
May 2013
Deus ex Machinas. That goes for all kinds of storytelling.
Apr 17, 2014 10:49 AM

Apr 2012
PWJP said:
Incest.
Like holy fuck Japan, enough of this shit, keep it to your creepy underground doujins or something.

Tch, moralfag.
Apr 17, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
baki502 said:
PWJP said:
Incest.

Tch, moralfag.

The sad part is they don't even realize the incest shit is supposed to be funny. If anything they are the creepy ones for taking it so seriously.
Apr 17, 2014 10:55 AM

Apr 2013
baki502 said:
PWJP said:
Incest.

Tch, moralfag.
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1342/74/1342748952688.png
Apr 17, 2014 11:26 AM
Apr 2008
SolviteSekai said:
baki502 said:
PWJP said:
Incest.

Tch, moralfag.

The sad part is they don't even realize the incest shit is supposed to be funny. If anything they are the creepy ones for taking it so seriously.

When is hinting to sexual relations between a sister or brother used in a context to be funny ?. Because we all know that having abnormal obsession towards your sibling is great comedy. No, the animators and perverted otakus are creepy for wanting little sister waifus that are inspired by those incest ridden shows. Many people find any hinting towards incest as grotesque and that's why we point it out.
Apr 17, 2014 11:27 AM

Nov 2010
Aeonic said:
When is hinting to sexual relations between a sister or brother used in a context to be funny ?
In many anime.
Apr 17, 2014 11:28 AM
Apr 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Aeonic said:
When is hinting to sexual relations between a sister or brother used in a context to be funny ?
In many anime.

Well, they have sick perverted sense of humour, but that is expected to be from loathsome otaku; it's not funny guys.
Apr 17, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
Aeonic said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Aeonic said:
In many anime.

Well, they have sick perverted sense of humour, but that is expected to be from loathsome otaku; it's not funny guys.

Such bait
Much serious
Apr 17, 2014 11:35 AM
Apr 2008
antonn said:
Aeonic said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Aeonic said:
In many anime.

Such bait
Much serious

I don't speak the dialect of a caveman. No speak english?
Apr 17, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2012
I love how much like sheep people are, screaming how incest is bad without thinking why it is so.
Why do you think most people find incest repulsive? Its a natural instinct we have because the babys are likely to be born "retarded" (excuse me for the bad term but my english is limited and I didnt find a better one).

Thats the only reason why incest is bad, the only one. But that problem doesnt exist in fiction therefore its not a problem. Hope that calms some of the moralfags around here ^^.
Apr 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Nov 2010
Aeonic said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Aeonic said:
In many anime.

To you, it's not aiming it towards you so it's not surprising that you don't exactly like it. Doesn't change the fact that it's supposed to be funny.
Apr 17, 2014 12:04 PM
Apr 2014
baki502 said:
I love how much like sheep people are, screaming how incest is bad without thinking why it is so.
Why do you think most people find incest repulsive? Its a natural instinct we have because the babys are likely to be born "retarded" (excuse me for the bad term but my english is limited and I didnt find a better one).

Thats the only reason why incest is bad, the only one. But that problem doesnt exist in fiction therefore its not a problem. Hope that calms some of the moralfags around here ^^.

It's not bad in real life if they are unable to have children IMO. Things being taboo because they just are is ****ing stupid.
Apr 17, 2014 12:07 PM
Apr 2014
I'd get rid of peoe groping someone and then getting slapped. It's really awkward to watch that with anybody else in the room and cringey by yourself.
Apr 17, 2014 12:40 PM
Apr 2008
baki502 said:

Procreation is a natural instinct, not incest; Defective or degenerate would be a better term. Even cross-culturally incest between siblings is strictly forbidden, whether it be in Japan, the west, Sub-Sahran Africa. The reason why many people deplore the use of incest, is because it's just another trope used to sexualize and dehumanize underrage girls; usually pedophilia and incest come hand and hand.
Apr 17, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
SolviteSekai said:

selector infected wixoss and yosuga no sora are comedic gold
Apr 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Aeonic said:
baki502 said:

Procreation is a natural instinct, not incest; Defective or degenerate would be a better term. Even cross-culturally incest between siblings is strictly forbidden, whether it be in Japan, the west, Sub-Sahran Africa. The reason why many people deplore the use of incest, is because it's just another trope used to sexualize and dehumanize underrage girls; usually pedophilia and incest come hand and hand.

Moralfag.
Apr 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
ghoulin1990 said:
baki502 said:

It's not bad in real life if they are unable to have children IMO. Things being taboo because they just are is ****ing stupid.

true that too but as a general rule its bad in RL because of said genetical problem.
Apr 17, 2014 12:43 PM
Apr 2008
SolviteSekai said:
Aeonic said:
baki502 said:

Moralfag.

Resorting to insults makes you seem quite mature, you definitely fit right in with the my little sister crowd.
Apr 17, 2014 12:56 PM

Mar 2014
It's pretty common and I may be alone on it, but I'm tired of seeing these MC's on the verge of death and the power they get to fight back is from someone crying their name and/or they get the resolve to fight based off nothing but pure will.
Apr 17, 2014 1:11 PM

Apr 2012
Aeonic said:
baki502 said:

I said that we have a natural instinct AGAINST Incest in us, because of said genetic issue. But that doesnt carry over to fiction, cause there is no issue there. Why are things bad? Why for example is killing someone bad? Because said person dies, and possibly does so in pain. Now if you removed said negative results, the dying and feeling pain part, then killing and murder wouldnt be bad anymore (more like impossible if murdering someone doesnt actually kill him). Same with incest. Its bad because it creates "retarded" children (please someone tell me a more proper term than retarded). If you removed said cause the incest in itself would loos its "badness".

Its not the act in itself that makes things bad, its their result. An act in itself is neither good nor bad, the result is what makes it bad. You pulling a trigger is neutral, the fact that someone dies because of your action is what makes the whole thing bad. Same with incest, its not bad just because, its bad because "retarded" babies are born.

I hope that you can at least consider my argument and maybe be a bit more openminded. Thats what being openminded is about, actually considering and listening to crazy sounding talk and not dissmising it immediately. You can always decide if what I am saying is bullshit afte reflecting upon it.
Apr 17, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
Aeonic said:
SolviteSekai said:
Aeonic said:
baki502 said:

Moralfag.

Resorting to insults makes you seem quite mature, you definitely fit right in with the my little sister crowd.

Incest is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQFgT3RAixY
Apr 17, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Incest is hilarious.

That wasn't funny.
Apr 17, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
SolviteSekai said:
Incest is hilarious.

That wasn't funny.

Like i said, you could create diamonds with a butthole as tight as the average anime fan's.
Apr 17, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Red_Keys said:
SolviteSekai said:
Incest is hilarious.

That wasn't funny.

Like i said, you could create diamonds with a butthole as tight as the average anime fan's.
Saying somebody's name like, 6 times in a row doesn't constitute as "comedy" for me.

That's just not funny.
Apr 17, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Red_Keys said:
SolviteSekai said:
Incest is hilarious.

That wasn't funny.

Not Keys, his is quite loose XD.
Apr 17, 2014 1:18 PM
Mar 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Incest is hilarious.

'This video has not been made available in your country'
Apr 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
baki502 said:
Not Keys, his is quite loose XD.
LOL ok I admit that made me laugh.

JD2411 said:
SolviteSekai said:
Incest is hilarious.

A guy's little sister tries saying her brother's first name for the first time.

She then repeats it multiple times. And giggles to herself.

That's it.

Apr 2012
JD2411 said:
SolviteSekai said:
Incest is hilarious.

Imma join you in that "We dont care about the part of the world you live in!", seat.
Aug 2011
The desperate and/or horny ~30 year old single teacher who cries about not being able to find a marriage partner or a boyfriend.

Which everyone finds her unattractive because she wears glasses but in reality she's really hot except no one can see that.

Jan 2013
Seriously man.

I dont understand people who choose something as dumb as cartoons to take a moral stance on. Especially when most of them probably watch abuse/monster hentai.

I think Incest is interesting and deserves its place simply because you just dont see that shit anywhere else.

Not to mention all the dudes in here raging about incest watch game of thrones, which featured actual sort of on screen incest ball slapping.
Apr 17, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
parfaited said:
The desperate and/or horny ~30 year old single teacher who cries about not being able to find a marriage partner.
Which everyone finds her unattractive because she wears glasses but in reality she's really hot except no one can see that.

The thing about anime is, even the ugly women are drawn hot. I learned that after a while.

Sometimes the chick in anime who you think is sexy is actually implied to be ugly.
Apr 17, 2014 1:25 PM
Apr 2014
"Moralfag"

Look out, we got "4fags" up in here trying to be "gentlmenly trolls". And I don't see why you " immoralfags" are being displaced from your imouto loli fetishes. Of course white knighting is common and of course they are going to pull a Touma and tell you to live "the right way" but just like how you're the ultimate factor in watching anime or not. You can also decide not to fag up and fag around when you get moralfagged in the face. No need to get burned up like a bubdle of sticks.

Yes I think Incest is gross as crap because I see siblings as better than best friends. Theres more types of love than the ero kind anyways. I would take that shit out asap.

Makes me wonder what western audiences like getting pandered to them. There must be some clear distonction between nerds and otakus.
Hai forces
Apr 17, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
ITS CARTOONS

You don't have to say "I don't think relatives should fuck". OF COURSE YOU DONT. NOBODY DOES.

It's cartoons. The presence of something as outlandish as incest in anime is what makes it funny. Only a serious tryhard would be sitting there debating the sociological implications of it in modern society.

"I daresay this is a terrible thing for our youth. I shall adjourn to my study and create sweet musings of my anger on Myanimelist. Perhaps a change is necessary."
Apr 17, 2014 1:29 PM

Jan 2013
GloriousKaiser said:
"Moralfag"

Look out, we got "4fags" up in here trying to be "gentlmenly trolls". And I don't see why you " immoralfags" are being displaced from your imouto loli fetishes. Of course white knighting is common and of course they are going to pull a Touma and tell you to live "the right way" but just like how you're the ultimate factor in watching anime or not. You can also decide not to fag up and fag around when you get moralfagged in the face. No need to get burned up like a bubdle of sticks.

Yes I think Incest is gross as crap because I see siblings as better than best friends. Theres more types of love than the ero kind anyways. I would take that shit out asap.

Makes me wonder what western audiences like getting pandered to them. There must be some clear distonction between nerds and otakus.

What do western audiences like being pandered to them?

Game of Thrones - Incest, Pedophilia, Rape

True Blood - Pedophilia, Rape

Boardwalk Empire - Rape

Rescue Me - Rape, Pedophilia, Probably incest

Dexter - Murder, Probably Rape, Incest
Apr 17, 2014 1:33 PM

Jan 2014
SolviteSekai said:

"I daresay this is a terrible thing for our youth. I shall adjourn to my study and create sweet musings of my anger on Myanimelist. Perhaps a change is necessary."

We need more people like that. Clean up our threads and our kokoros.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 17, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
I like how these dudes are saying incest leads to pedophilia, as if anime doesnt already lead to pedophilia.

I mean... All the girls you are jerking it to are 13.
Apr 17, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Boardwalk Empire - Rape

You forgot incest in Boardwalk Empire.
Apr 17, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2013
SetsukoHara said:
SolviteSekai said:

Boardwalk Empire - Rape

You forgot incest in Boardwalk Empire.

Guess I didn't get that far.

Seriously incest is pretty common in the "dark romance" genre across the world.

Pretty much anything that is socially taboo is going to be represented in romance. Thats what makes it sexy. Getting caught is dangerous.
Apr 17, 2014 1:42 PM
Apr 2014
SolviteSekai said:
GloriousKaiser said:
"Moralfag"

Boardwalk Empire - Rape

What about Supernatural? Breaking Bad? Big Bang Theory? House even? Action, Fantasy, Slice of University life, Comedy, Crime, Slice of hospital life.

Of course now I think you just want to darken everything and try to prove America loves incest, rape, and pedophilia and they get their fix by watching these shows.

I saw WTF no.

But honestly, why do we watch those shows?

Dexters badass and doesn't screw around. His acting skills are on par with Light Yagami

Walter. Heisenberg. Need I say more?

The Bi winning chester brothers Sam and Dean? Awesome.

Not only characters but plots too. (No spoil)

Besides Game of Throws is overrated and fulled of Hamlet characters just trying to climb over eachothers faces.
Hai forces
Apr 17, 2014 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
GloriousKaiser said:
SolviteSekai said:
GloriousKaiser said:
"Moralfag"

Boardwalk Empire - Rape

What about Supernatural? Breaking Bad? Big Bang Theory? House even? Action, Fantasy, Slice of University life, Comedy, Crime, Slice of hospital life.

Of course now I think you just want to darken everything and try to prove America loves incest, rape, and pedophilia and they get their fix by watching these shows.

I saw WTF no.

But honestly, why do we watch those shows?

Dexters badass and doesn't screw around. His acting skills are on par with Light Yagami

Walter. Heisenberg. Need I say more?

The Bi winning chester brothers Sam and Dean? Awesome.

Not only characters but plots too. (No spoil)

Besides Game of Throws is overrated and fulled of Hamlet characters just trying to climb over eachothers faces.

Dexter has incest. You like incest. I demand you commit seppuku.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Which anime(s) would any of your favorite characters watch?

IpreferEcchi - Sep 25

15 by MeguSae38 »»
4 seconds ago

» "Its better than those Trash Isekai Shows"

BerriesSan - 7 hours ago

9 by alshu »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7405 by RainyEvenings »»
5 minutes ago

» Who is the most attractive anime character?

Rally- - 4 hours ago

17 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast? ( 1 2 )

Rally- - Sep 23

76 by Rally- »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.