Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2013
SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNNYYYYYY GASMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

fuck every anime i have seen before KLK, it is a masterpiece. DAT Junketsu Whirlwind, all of the fucking build up to the final battle better not be wasted. also have to remention this althought it has been said many times over.

FIGHT CLUB MAKO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Mar 14, 2014 5:24 PM

Mar 2014
I enjoy the episode and was clapping screaming, and awwing all the way. Still thought the episode was predictable, and a lot of the moments was so cheesy I literally started to eat cheese while watching it. Overall it was epic and left me a happy fan, Two star Mako is always a extra plus.
Going to take me a couple of days to come up with a sig, as worthy as my last one.
Mar 14, 2014 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
migohunter said:
DarkCyclone said:
This episode was insanely cheesy, it was hard to watch at times.

Seriously though, shows that are fueled by over the top everything like Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann are cheesy throughout. This hasn't really changed.

The over-the-top action cheesiness is fine if the writers are shameless about it. Which they are for this series. It's the heartfelt stuff that was particularly lame this episode
Mar 14, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
DarkCyclone said:
migohunter said:
DarkCyclone said:
This episode was insanely cheesy, it was hard to watch at times.

Seriously though, shows that are fueled by over the top everything like Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann are cheesy throughout. This hasn't really changed.

The over-the-top action cheesiness is fine if the writers are shameless about it. Which they are for this series. It's the heartfelt stuff that was particularly lame this episode

Ok. I respect your opinion...
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 14, 2014 6:18 PM

Dec 2011
So much win this episode... daww... that awkward sister bond.
And fight club Mako is back! Hell yeah.

We would likely see the Elite Four to be battling soon... and Satsuki should the other half of the Scissor Sword!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2014 7:48 PM

Oct 2013
Omg the transformation at the end was AMAZING great episode hitler had her arms cut off (can't get much better than that)
[/quote]
Mar 14, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
If Satsuki gave Mako a 3-star uniform, Ragyo would've shitted herself and died already.

Anyway, the action quality isn't really great overall in KLK, though there are a few exceptions like episode 3 and Mako vs. Ryuuko episode. Maybe they'll show something in the last episode.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 14, 2014 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
Even if the episode was a bit cheesy to some, I found it fine; too bad it's almost over. Oh well, The last 2 episodes are guaranteed to be action-packed.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that other currently airing shows I'm watching (Noragami, Log Horizon) have a better ranking than this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2014 10:00 PM

Aug 2010
Senketsu crying --> d'awwww

Nui losing both arms --> so satisfying

Satsuki >>> Ryuuko. Satsuki is my new anime crush!!!
My YouTube channel, where I do unboxings and show off my anime collection, merchandise, and other swag:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TCTriangle
Mar 14, 2014 10:45 PM
Jul 2009
holy damn this was the best episode by far
kill la kill you are so good
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Mar 14, 2014 10:57 PM

Oct 2013
The scissors are pretty cool
Mar 14, 2014 11:07 PM

Oct 2011
Drakewinm said:
Is it bad that I kinda REALLY like the Needle-Blades they're teasing as Ragyou's weapons?

They just look REALLY Badass & Cool.

(And just a tad less goofy than the still-cool Scissor Blades.)
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 14, 2014 11:09 PM

Apr 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
Drakewinm said:
Is it bad that I kinda REALLY like the Needle-Blades they're teasing as Ragyou's weapons?

They just look REALLY Badass & Cool.

(And just a tad less goofy than the still-cool Scissor Blades.)

It's not bad but kinda out of place considering all the weapons in KLK are ridiculous in design.

Mar 15, 2014 12:15 AM

Dec 2012
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THIS IS THE GREATEST SHOW EVER MADE
Mar 15, 2014 12:23 AM

Mar 2013
One of the best episodes ever. Ryuuko and Satsuki fighting as one, I always wanted this to happen. I feel so happy, really.
Mar 15, 2014 12:36 AM

Sep 2013
Tennis Club Girl. That is all.
Mar 15, 2014 12:40 AM

Sep 2008
Only 2 episodes left. Hopefully they can make it nonstop epic for the rest of the show.
Mar 15, 2014 2:14 AM

Apr 2013
SharifEbeefE said:
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that other currently airing shows I'm watching (Noragami, Log Horizon) have a better ranking than this.

It's actually understandable, both shows attract a lot less controversy and polarizing views. Noragami might be generic and stick to familiar anime tropes but it appeals to everyone in some way so it gets a decent score and same with Log Horizon. Kill la Kill is something that you pretty much love or hate.

But I definitely agree with you, I'm watching Noragami right now and KlK just outclasses it IMO.
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 15, 2014 2:25 AM

Sep 2008
migohunter said:
SharifEbeefE said:
It's actually understandable, both shows attract a lot less controversy and polarizing views. Noragami might be generic and stick to familiar anime tropes but it appeals to everyone in some way so it gets a decent score and same with Log Horizon. Kill la Kill is something that you pretty much love or hate.

But I definitely agree with you, I'm watching Noragami right now and KlK just outclasses it IMO.
I think a lot of people dropped KLK too early and gave it a low score. I don't blame them either.
Mar 15, 2014 2:39 AM
Oct 2013
5layer said:
migohunter said:
SharifEbeefE said:

I think a lot of people dropped KLK too early and gave it a low score. I don't blame them either.

I can't agree more to you guys. I've been watching LH and Nora too. I think the reason why people dropped KLK is because of it's "random" and/or "boring" episodes early on. In addition, the plot build up was unleashed only at 3/4 of the show.

I never got bored on LH and Nora, however compared to the succession of episodes, KLK is probably the best one to watch right now.
Mar 15, 2014 2:39 AM

Apr 2013
5layer said:
migohunter said:
SharifEbeefE said:

^ Pretty much this. Some people judged the show too quickly.
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 15, 2014 2:54 AM
Apr 2013
mbdsquad said:
5layer said:
migohunter said:
SharifEbeefE said:

I can't agree more to you guys. I've been watching LH and Nora too. I think the reason why people dropped KLK is because of it's "random" and/or "boring" episodes early on. In addition, the plot build up was unleashed only at 3/4 of the show.

I never got bored on LH and Nora, however compared to the succession of episodes, KLK is probably the best one to watch right now.

This, this, a thousand times THIS. You can't blame the people who dropped this show, that is squarely the fault of the writer.

I know BRSx has given a possible theory for why things turned out but if the writer had actually properly planned this show it could have been 24 episodes of GOOD maybe even GREAT as opposed to 15+ episodes of filler...sorry, not very meaningful plot development.

Episode 5 was where my excitement for this show peaked. Episode 7 brought back a little of it but for the most part I was utterly bored.

The art saved me, though, as well as the voice acting, just like with Noragami.

I wanted my eyes licked and my ears kissed week after week.

(Log Horizon I dropped a looong time ago. Too boring)

Mar 15, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2009
Well that episode was steady with it's awesomeness - like the awesomeness didn't go anywhere in any scene.

Gawd, I've taken a liking to Satsuki a lot more now (so cool with that trench coat lol + the happier way of acting).

6/5.
Mar 15, 2014 6:01 AM
Jul 2018

Captain Mako is back!
Mar 15, 2014 6:09 AM

Oct 2009
TOO MUCH AWESOMENESSSsssssssssssss!!! OH MY GOD CAN THIS GET ANY BETTER!!!!!!!!!! That sister bonding!!! <333
And that Team-up!!!! DOUBLE TRANSFORMATION!!! OOOOoHhhhhh~

Oh fuck yes BUCHOU MAKO IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPE!!!
HYPE!!!
HYPE!!!
HYPE!!!
HYPE!!!
HYPE!!!
HYPE!!!
AozureMar 15, 2014 6:16 AM
Mar 15, 2014 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
99% of the airing animes are getting worse in time.. How the kill la kill went from 10/10 in 1st ep to 30/10 now? :O
Mar 15, 2014 6:45 AM

May 2008
Stark700 said:
Finally, sisters fighting side by side. What a bond. Everyone going to be united soon too. NUDIST BEACH.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Mar 15, 2014 7:06 AM

Jul 2012
The real fight begins now. Those sisters will really kick some butt in this up coming fight.

Great episode!!!
Mar 15, 2014 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
This episode has so many good moments I can't even begin to say which ones I liked the most.

Fucking incredible.
Mar 15, 2014 8:02 AM

Jan 2008
I'm still bawling tears of awesome. Everything was perfect. I love you Kill la Kill. I LOVE YOU SATSUKI.
Mar 15, 2014 8:14 AM

Oct 2013
Did anyone else notice how the giant life fiber had two faces like gurren lagann?

Also, this is the perfect opportunity for a power rangers type ultimate combo transformation by the elite four!
Mar 15, 2014 8:58 AM
Oct 2013
Badass Bancho Mako is back!!
and the sisterly love xD
Mar 15, 2014 9:32 AM

Oct 2011
The ending was amazing. Mako!!!! And that sisterly love. I like how they brought back the previous student captains, wasn't expecting that. Each episode is better than the last, insane!
Mar 15, 2014 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Loved this episode. Nee-san moment was pretty cute. Old club members being saved was a cool touch too, also Mako is back in action!

It's difficult to believe that the show is almost over now though.
Mar 15, 2014 10:54 AM

Feb 2013
I got goosebumps several times during this episode. And the sister interaction...omg. I'm so into this show lol.
Mar 15, 2014 10:57 AM
Jul 2012
That scene where Ryuuko cut Nui's arms...looking at the scene setup:

The one cutting, standing behind with a fixed expression, rapid and random cut effects.

The being cut, in front, looking surprised.

Really reminds me of another scene.

Mar 15, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2013
Ok guys, seriously, how wonderful is this episode?
We see the reunion of Ryuko with Senketsu and (finally) an alliance between Ryuko and Satsuki, the RETURN OF BANCHOU MAKO, a pwned Harime Nui... daaaaaaamn I simply loved this ep! x3

Kill La Kill has become better than what I expected, and I appreciate so much this.
Can't wait for the 23° and for the epilogue of this story.
Mar 15, 2014 11:45 AM
Nov 2012
Seriously good episode, Kill La Kill has exceeded my expectations every episode. I love manko in her old club uniform and all the club members being back and the sisters fighting together. The heartwarming moments.... Epic.
Mar 15, 2014 11:46 AM
Jul 2011
- So nice to see Nui finally get taken down a notch.
- Though faint was this the first episode you hear Junketsu's voice?
- Mako's brother picking up the tennis club chick as first priority, hah, that was great.
- Oh Tsumugu being ignored by Satsuki, he's becoming a joke now, heh.
- Double Sisterly Transformation, the way Ryuuko and Satsuki took off reminded me of Kazama+Ryuho epic team up moments. Glad Satasuki will be able to enter the battlefield.
- D'awww moments: Senketsu+Ryuuko's idle chat and the well overdue Ryuuko slowly trying to mutter "Nee-chan" to Satsuki but Satsuki stops her and acknowledges the feelings anyways.
- And granddaddy moment of them all: Banchou Mako returns, shit is about to go down now.
Gen2K_Mar 15, 2014 12:13 PM
Mar 15, 2014 12:01 PM

Oct 2010
Haven't been this excited about a show in a while! All around awesome episode yet again, will be interesting to see how it all ends ;_;
Mar 15, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
Overall the most satisfying episode from this series as of now. Satsuki and Ryuko interactions were wonderful and Mako at the end was icing to the cake (even though I find her very annoying when shes used to much as a comedic device). I think it's safe to say that this has been the best and most consistent (since episode 17) airing series of the season.
JuanchomanMar 15, 2014 12:55 PM
sic mundus
Mar 15, 2014 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
lmao, Ryuko's so shy calling Satsuki "nee-san".
Mar 15, 2014 3:44 PM

Aug 2010
Simply awesome. Loved all the Ryuko and Satsuki moments. I've always been waiting for the moment that they would fight side by side.

5/5
Mar 15, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
Ahh this was excellent plenty of action, but all of that is small (still great at that) in comparison to watching and listening to Harime Nui beaten, humilliated and in pain. AHH THAT WAS EXCELLENT, easily the most memorable moment of the entire episode.

It was so incredibly pleasing that all else looked irrelevant in comparison (not saying it was for the matter, just in the comparison only :P).

I liked seeing that bitch getting owned.
Mar 15, 2014 4:18 PM
Jan 2012
Mako deserves her own anime. That is all I have to say.
Mar 15, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2010
best summary for the episode:

*giant COVERS attack the ship*
*wardrobe falls from the sky*
Awww yeah, time for the elite 4 to kick some eldritch clothe a-
*FIST COMES FROM WITHIN*
JOJO MAKO IS BACK BITCHEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CatastrophicMar 15, 2014 5:16 PM
Mar 15, 2014 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
Nui Missed the perfect time to just say Tis but a fleash wound!
Mar 15, 2014 7:16 PM

May 2013
This episode was surprisingly enjoyable. Best episode in a while, and it was pretty great to see the two sisters finally stand side-by-side.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 15, 2014 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
So Ryuuko has both scissors back..but still uses them as simple swords. She can hit Ragyo all day long like last time, it's not over before she combines them into actual scissors.

Also, what exactly is the different between hacking arms of and stabbing them? Why can't they stop regeneration in the later case?

And how can Godrobes, made of life fibers, stop the scissors? Of course, Ryuuko was wearing Senkestu, it wasn't just a stray life fiber, but if all they can do is cutting stray life fibers they wouldn't be anything special. Besides plot/making it look awesome, i see no reason why Ryuuko was able to block Nui there.
Mar 15, 2014 7:25 PM

Oct 2011
Beholda said:

Now it's so good. I wonder if there's going to be a setup for a second season or something.
I also think that may be possible... There could be a good bit of continuation from this if they really wanted to. What we've gotten so far seems like the beginning to something more - like Ragyou is just a mid-boss.

I'm sure I'm not supposed to have that idea at this point in the show, but I dunno... They do mention that the OLF is just a seed from a much larger, universe-spanning entity.

How will they defeat an enemy THAT massive in two episodes when they're still just on earth fighting one of its henchmen?
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

338 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.