Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 15, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2013
I am looking for a drama/love triangle anime, similar too Myself;Yourself, School days or Kimi ga Nozomu Eien(Rumbling Hearts) Something that's kind of realistic and gets very dramatic in the 2nd half.
From what I read WA2 is something like that but it is very underrated which is a shame cause it does look good, can someone please let me know if its worth the watch! and also is White Album (1?) any good too!
Thanks ! :)
Feb 15, 2014 9:06 PM

Nov 2012
WA2 is worth a watch WA1 is not, each are stand alone although WA1 also has a second season labeled as White Album 2nd season NOT AS White Album 2
Check out Ef a tale of memories
Feb 15, 2014 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
Nope_ said:
WA2 is worth a watch WA1 is not, each are stand alone although WA1 also has a second season labeled as White Album 2nd season NOT AS White Album 2

so no WA1? all good ^_^ I always wanted to watch WA2 but its really underated but I will start watching soon thank you!!
and I will check out Ef too! :)
Feb 16, 2014 9:26 AM
Dec 2013
I literally just finished WA2. And it's 100% worth the watch.

And as Nope_ Just stated, it is a standalone. There are a few naming references to the White Album 1 and 2nd season anime, however this is really of no importance whatsoever.

Go ahead and enjoy WA2 :-)
Feb 16, 2014 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
bree-nee said:
Nope_ said:

so no WA1? all good ^_^ I always wanted to watch WA2 but its really underated but I will start watching soon thank you!!

Personally I enjoyed WA1 very much, but that's for another discussion. WA2 is definitely worth the watch and my personal best of 2013
Feb 16, 2014 9:58 AM
Dec 2013
White Album 2 is worth watching. WA1 & WA Season 2 are totally apart from White Album 2.
私はあなたを愛して。 29915250
It takes one step backward, and two steps forward. *Avi
Feb 16, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
Divineminx said:
I literally just finished WA2. And it's 100% worth the watch.

And as Nope_ Just stated, it is a standalone. There are a few naming references to the White Album 1 and 2nd season anime, however this is really of no importance whatsoever.

Go ahead and enjoy WA2 :-)

Awesome :D thank you!
Feb 16, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
MotRin said:
bree-nee said:
Nope_ said:

Personally I enjoyed WA1 very much, but that's for another discussion. WA2 is definitely worth the watch and my personal best of 2013

Well maybe after I finish WA2 and I might go check out WA1 :) and your best of 2013? makes me wanna watch it even more xD
Feb 16, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
AviJii said:
White Album 2 is worth watching. WA1 & WA Season 2 are totally apart from White Album 2.

thankyou :)
Feb 16, 2014 4:43 PM

Jun 2012
"underrated" it too subjective a term to apply to any medium.

I enjoyed WA2 and as others have mentioned it is completely seperate from WA. The Visual Novels of both were very entertaining, you might want to check them out if you enjoy it enough.
Feb 16, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2008
bree-nee said:

Well maybe after I finish WA2 and I might go check out WA1 :) and your best of 2013? makes me wanna watch it even more xD

No one I know has ever gone back to WA1 after finishing WA2 just because comparing WA1 to WA2 is like comparing the big 3 to AoT. It's sad because WA1 can shine on its own, just not quite along with WA2.
Feb 16, 2014 4:57 PM

Feb 2013
true tears is complete about a triangle ^^ you should give this a try
ef a tale of memories has 1 to but it doesnt focus on triangle but if you want smth dramatic you should give it a shot
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Feb 16, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2012
MotRin said:
bree-nee said:

No one I know has ever gone back to WA1 after finishing WA2 just because comparing WA1 to WA2 is like comparing the big 3 to AoT. It's sad because WA1 can shine on its own, just not quite along with WA2.
Vague reference is vague. Is there a problem with comparing four battle shounen Manga?
Feb 16, 2014 5:20 PM

Nov 2008
The problem isnt the comparison. Take the scenario where you know nothing of the big 3 and just finished AoT. You're looking for something similar to AoT and you see that the big 3 has similar popularity so you watch them/it. In your head will be "this is shit compare to AoT". The point is that there are shows that are good in their own right and enhance the later superior one. But no one ever goes back to watch the previous series.
Feb 16, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
God, please do not watch White Album 2. Every single character in that show (save for Touma) are terrible. The main MC is a pushover and indecisive and Setsuna just ends being the most terrible person to ever live and selfish and ugh. The only good thing about the show was the ending.
Feb 16, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
"underrated" it too subjective a term to apply to any medium.

I enjoyed WA2 and as others have mentioned it is completely seperate from WA. The Visual Novels of both were very entertaining, you might want to check them out if you enjoy it enough.

Thank you, I am looking for new VN's so this might be good!
Feb 16, 2014 6:08 PM

Jul 2013
MotRin said:
bree-nee said:

Oh I see well that's a bit of a shame, im guessing your not a fan of the big 3? AoT is really awesome xD
Feb 16, 2014 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
Smooki said:
true tears is complete about a triangle ^^ you should give this a try
ef a tale of memories has 1 to but it doesnt focus on triangle but if you want smth dramatic you should give it a shot

Just checked it out, looks good! Thanks for the recommendation :)
Feb 16, 2014 9:38 PM

Dec 2013
I'd admit I liked WA2 more than my score would indicate. It starts off sugary sweet and then later explores the consequences of jealousy, selfishness, and lack of communication/awareness of personal feelings. Definitely worth the watch. I never saw WA1.

Joshua1207 said:
God, please do not watch White Album 2. Every single character in that show (save for Touma) are terrible. The main MC is a pushover and indecisive and Setsuna just ends being the most terrible person to ever live and selfish and ugh. The only good thing about the show was the ending.

LOL. Yeah as characters they definitely ('devolve?') But keep in mind that's what a lot of people like about the series. The depiction of individualism, to kinship, to estrangement was pretty well done considering the risks involved. But I totally agree with you about the MC, Touma (although none of them are truly 'innocent'), and Setsuna, especially. Her juvenile motivation was the weak link in the series for me.
DouluoFeb 16, 2014 9:59 PM
Feb 16, 2014 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
I'll put my response to Proust in spoiler tags. Spoilers on the characters and ending.

Feb 16, 2014 10:32 PM

Dec 2013
Joshua1207 said:
I'll put my response to Proust in spoiler tags. Spoilers on the characters and ending.

I can relate to a lot of that. At the end, I was like...wait...wait...no! LOL
Feb 17, 2014 2:16 AM

Nov 2008
This is a recommendation topic. Please dont discuss it here and instead use comments or the disccusion board of the series.

More topics from this board

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - Sep 23

34 by nyugvo6 »»
3 hours ago

» Are there any female protagonist a Phantom Thief

Kirika_Madeleine - Today

2 by Zarutaku »»
8 hours ago

» A Ship's Crew Anime (not one piece)

Bojac - Yesterday

5 by JoeChip »»
Today, 8:57 AM

» Want some underrated good anime

Roktim583A - Sep 24

6 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Today, 7:37 AM

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

12 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.