Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Nov 18, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2012
This went from one extreme to the next.

Ryuuko getting owned in the last episode, by someone she should never have lost to...
...and owning everyone in this one without any real fighting.

It feels like back-to-back fillers, with no real value added to the plot.

With the exception of the conclusion of this episode. That's the one good thing that came out of this.
The revelation that Satsuki Kiryuuin used this as an opportunity to purge the weaker students...
I'm thinking (and hoping) that this story is about to become a whole lot more eventful in the episodes to follow.

At this stage, it seems like the pace and plot are entirely unpredictable.
With little continuity between episodes, it seems like this show is a good pick to follow as opposed to my usual marathoning.

Shizunagi said:
Funny how people change when the money starts rolling in
Redfoxoffire said:
Worthless episode. Plight of the rich. I feel no sympathy.
Indeed.
Nov 18, 2013 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
I need a gif of Satsuki staring straight ahead and then turning away/smiling. She's so fabulous max.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 18, 2013 11:23 PM

Apr 2013
Mahou_Kony said:
I need a gif of Satsuki staring straight ahead and then turning away/smiling. She's so fabulous max.

^THIS
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 18, 2013 11:51 PM

Jun 2012
Man, I know this episode was extremely corny as hell, but even so I was smiling the entire time. Personally this is my favorite episode so far, just because of how stupid and awkward it was.

Lol @ Ryuko getting overwhelmed by Mako's bling.
Also at the end, I think Ryuko's been shaking too many trees in Animal Crossing.

j0x said:
saw this on another forum http://i.imgur.com/4h3a83w.jpg

it says "S1 I DIE" or season 1 i die

damn do not let Mako die please!
No, fuck you, now I can't unsee it. >:(
It's not gonna happen. I-it won't. Dammit conspiracy theories -.-
I'll just have to believe there won't be a second season, therefore it's just a bunch of numbers. Yeah, that's all it is.
Nov 18, 2013 11:56 PM

Apr 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
damn do not let Mako die please! No, fuck you, now I can't unsee it. >:(
It's not gonna happen. I-it won't. Dammit conspiracy theories -.-
I'll just have to believe there won't be a second season, therefore it's just a bunch of numbers. Yeah, that's all it is.

If you haven't read it yet, read this thread.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=692505

It scares me.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 19, 2013 5:09 PM

Jul 2009
I was expecting Mako to go all "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!!!!!!" xD. Such a great episode.
Nov 19, 2013 10:43 PM

Feb 2010
such a fucking awesome episode. i love the commentary on the price of being wealthy. brilliant.
Nov 19, 2013 11:17 PM

Dec 2011
TheEnd3r said:
This is getting old and worst of all this episode wasn't even funny. I guess I was just expecting too much from this show.

Your opinion.. I wish people hating would stop posting as if their opinions are fact..
They aren't.. You may find it old it not everyone does. You may not find it funny but others do.

How about "in my opinion this show is.."
Nov 20, 2013 5:16 PM

Jun 2012
grumpytoast said:
TheEnd3r said:
This is getting old and worst of all this episode wasn't even funny. I guess I was just expecting too much from this show.
Your opinion.. I wish people hating would stop posting as if their opinions are fact..
They aren't.. You may find it old it not everyone does. You may not find it funny but others do.

Not that you're wrong, but I just thought I'd point out that comment doesn't really seem like it's just bashing... it's no different than the people who are saying it's hilarious or awesome.
Nov 20, 2013 10:42 PM

Nov 2012
Mahou_Kony said:

Or that gif backwards with Nigel at the end
Nov 21, 2013 1:26 AM

Apr 2011
I seem to have peeked the interests of the Forum Mods of MAL.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Nov 22, 2013 1:05 AM

Jul 2008
Damn that was an awesome episode. I can't believe it will get more awesome as it goes but that's the type of anime it is.
Nov 22, 2013 2:55 AM

Dec 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
grumpytoast said:
TheEnd3r said:

Not that you're wrong, but I just thought I'd point out that comment doesn't really seem like it's just bashing... it's no different than the people who are saying it's hilarious or awesome.

Sorry, I know.. I was just kind of in a bad mood when I made that post and didn't mean to particularly point them out.. I think that both sides should probably stop stating their opinions as fact and then arguing that the others opinion is wrong.. Because opinions can't be right or wrong.. It's one thing to point out and defute if somebody got a point in their argument wrong though if you bring up facts from the show.. Ex: there were people saying it didn't make sense that the guy from nudist beach beat her and somebody brought up some facts from the show of how it did make sense since she was cocky and taking direct hits not knowing they cause damage.
Nov 22, 2013 4:01 AM
Feb 2013
Mahou_Kony said:

http://i.imgur.com/5Xa8uT2.gif
kcuf
Nov 22, 2013 7:34 AM

Aug 2012
Bring on the Ghibli tears and turn them up to 11.
Nov 23, 2013 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Cursed Daisuki, I have labored to see this seventh installment. The values ​​do not change in the field are always the same, craziness and fighting all together in a whirl without end. To which is added today, a vein of seriousness but being treated to "Kill the Kill" comes up with broken bones.
Too fast the sudden change of Mako and family, maybe that's what the familgia not to be too credible. LOL
Enough plot, using "half" so obvious to show us once again the cunning of Satsuki.
Of course I do not even understand what he has to so laudable this anime series.
Perhaps the drawing, animations. Yeah the plot is not exactly a masterpiece, the story will also hilarious but nothing more ... the point!
Nov 23, 2013 2:08 PM

Jan 2010
migohunter said:
Dat Satsuki smirk at the end. <3

i think i might be in love with satsuki
and mako is just darling
ok so i might not be the only one to think this but im pretty sure satsuki and ryuoko are sisters which explain a hella lot of things
Nov 26, 2013 1:15 AM

Dec 2010
Not as good as the last one but not the worst episode either.

Still not digging Mako though.
Nov 27, 2013 3:22 AM

Jun 2011
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:
Damn the story is total shit this anime just keeps getting worse and worse with each episode. And that god awful pacing, everything is happening at the speed of light. I hope this doesn't go on for the full 25 episodes.
Finally someone with good tastes. I have only one,serious question: why everyone keeps praising this anime? Garbage,just garbage. 2013 is the worst year as regards anime, the only decent anime was Shingeki no Kyojin (not good,just DECENT). Only 1 decent anime out of about 100 is unacceptable...

Because of fanboyism. You see other anime with different artstyle doing the same thing as this episode, people will say "Oh man so corny and cheesy", the fanboys of this show won't say that, clearly, because fanboys have lost their rationality when they are watching the show. I won't say that this show is garbage though, there are worse shows out there, like Coppelion, Galilei Donna, Sekai Ichiban, Yuusha, and many more from just this season.

This episode was boring as hell, as boring as Ryuko eating alone in a huge house. The only good parts were
Mills said:
"Prosperity will lead to greed, and greed will lead to their eventual downfall." -Satsuki

^ this divine speech, Ryuko standing there taking hits (I love that method of taking back her friends rationality even though it's done million times) and of course everything after the ED songs started playing. Otherwise, the whole episode was boringggggggggg.

P.S. Oh and of course the knives club dude wouldn't straight out aim for Ryuko's head before she took notice of him, instead he aims for Ryuko's lunchbox, flat out plot armor.

grumpytoast said:
TheEnd3r said:

Oh man, when has it been that what we posted aren't out of our own opinion? Do we have to add "in my opinion" in front of every sentences whenever we posted? Sigh..
ToG25thBaamNov 27, 2013 3:38 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 27, 2013 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
Honestly I'm tired of trying to argue against you ToG25thBaam. I'm really curious why you haven't drop Kill la Kill at this point if you find every episode boringgggggggggggg. It's like you don't care about character development or something.

Trust me, dropping this series is better for you and us, because we don't have to hear you bitch about it in every episode discussion.

Honestly this board is crawling with persistent haters who refuse to quit.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 27, 2013 3:52 AM

Apr 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Because of fanboyism. You see other anime with different artstyle doing the same thing as this episode, people will say "Oh man so corny and cheesy", the fanboys of this show won't say that, clearly, because fanboys have lost their rationality when they are watching the show.

Dat elitism. You must feel so intelligent.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 27, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2011
migohunter said:
Honestly I'm tired of trying to argue against you ToG25thBaam. I'm really curious why you haven't drop Kill la Kill at this point if you find every episode boringgggggggggggg. It's like you don't care about character development or something.

Trust me, dropping this series is better for you and us, because we don't have to hear you bitch about it in every episode discussion.

Honestly this board is crawling with persistent haters who refuse to quit.

migohunter said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Because of fanboyism. You see other anime with different artstyle doing the same thing as this episode, people will say "Oh man so corny and cheesy", the fanboys of this show won't say that, clearly, because fanboys have lost their rationality when they are watching the show.

Oh god, so what? How nice of you to make such an assumption, in case you haven't noticed, I've commented on the next episode discussion too, and that's what I call a good episode, not this, dude, I've said this hundred or thousand of times, this show has it's own charm, but that doesn't mean that it could cover up for all the shits it's giving out. I am not hating just because I want to hate. Meh someone like you could never understand anyway.

> People say something bad about a show you like,
> Automatically made them the haters
> Biased.
Stop making assumption out of shit. I can't even post my thought on MAL? Then what's the purpose of this freakin discussion thread? To bow under this freakin masterpiece of the decade? If all you want to hear is some freakin godly praise for a show you love so much regardless of it's bad point, sorry but internet is not for you.

Edit: inb4 more fanboys people who would bash me just because I voiced my opinion, and think that I am a hater just because.

Edit2: And I'll say this, I drop show I hate or really dislike/no redeeming feature, like how I drop Strike the Blood after 8 episodes in? Like how I dropped Kyoukai no Kanata after 6 episodes in? That's freakin 14 episodes and it's 5 hours+ that I have wasted watching those show. I chose to continue watching this because I think that this has something worth my time. Not like people like you would understand anyway, thinking that I hate just because I like to hate. P.S. oh wait, does that make you look smarter by asking me to drop this show? Maybe..

Edit3: Oh and did I ever mentioned that I hate anime elitist? That's pointless, it won't earn anyone a cent.
ToG25thBaamNov 27, 2013 4:56 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 27, 2013 6:49 PM
Sep 2012
that ups and downs ....that's sentiments of being in a busy family..... that's mako's transformation( Two Star Uniform)

Kill La Kill why your so epic!
Dec 1, 2013 4:11 AM

Aug 2008
Marzan said:
Satsuki-sama is doing some intense social experimentation using Ryuuko's strength and naivete. I wouldn't be surprised if before the end those two come to some sort of an understanding before their final fight.

THIS!
I assume Satsuki-sama is a little bit afraid of Ryuuko-chan's true power considering she single-handedly KO'd nearly all of the clubs. Oh, I forgot the debates raging here, *eats popcorn and enjoying KLK*.
FalloutShounen3Dec 1, 2013 5:07 AM
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Dec 7, 2013 9:02 AM

Nov 2012
Lol japansese should learn from this episode.
Dec 9, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2009
whats the name of the song that plays when they are in the happy house?
Dec 12, 2013 3:29 AM

Dec 2012
I hope Mako continues to have some semblance of personality instead of being (shitty) comic relief. Also, her mom is kinda hot.
Dec 12, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2007
From all 7 episodes that I've already watched, this was the best. Love when Matoi and Mako fight.
Dec 12, 2013 7:13 PM

Sep 2013
jayvon said:
Damn the story is total shit this anime just keeps getting worse and worse with each episode. And that god awful pacing, everything is happening at the speed of light. I hope this doesn't go on for the full 25 episodes.

i agree that the pacing was quite poorly done in this episode...
they just flew through everything; the story wasn't "impactful" like these people claim.
i do want to enjoy this anime, though. it has promise. i don't agree with jayvon when he says the story is total shit.

what tog25 says about the fanboyism is true. the whole "sitting their letting herself getting punched" is so overdone (IN A BAD WAY) and completely expected; poor execution of the story in my opinion. in fact, i think the scene of ryuuko eating by herself was more interesting and stimulating than ryuuko and mako's fight scene, background info and all.
Lvl2CowDec 12, 2013 7:20 PM
wow
Dec 27, 2013 9:02 AM

Jun 2008
nanny96 said:
jayvon said:
Finally someone with good tastes. I have only one,serious question: why everyone keeps praising this anime? Garbage,just garbage. 2013 is the worst year as regards anime, the only decent anime was Shingeki no Kyojin (not good,just DECENT). Only 1 decent anime out of about 100 is unacceptable...

Hmm..I'm the last guy to say this is some masterpiece or anything like that, i live for the fools that like to yell EPIC for over the top stuff since they don't what the word epic means but come on, even i find you guys exaggerating. Yes it's not a great quality show but it can be a fun little show in it's context of not taking it too seriously and without a realistic view.
Also one good show out of all the 2013 shows? Actually you don't even call that good. Come on, how much of a snop can you be? If you are that much unsatisfied i wonder how you still have the appetite to watch anything.

DivineSamurai said:
You know what I feel really sorry for the groundskeeper of this school, I mean the school gets destroyed every other day and he has to pick up everyone's discarded underwear on top of that, I bet he doesn't even earn a decent salary on top of everything else.

Don't worry. She's a pervert that likes to smell underwear, that why she took the job.

Krunchy said:
Lol japansese should learn from this episode.

Learn what? They already live in apartments so small you will think it's just some rich guys closet.

migohunter said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Elitism where? At least make some sense dude. Elitism when he defended other anime. His right, many fans of this show are just like that because it looks like it looks.
MonadDec 27, 2013 9:14 AM
Jan 4, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
Mako is so cool, I kinda expected the friendship fallout, but didn't expect the 2 star awesome uniform.
Jan 6, 2014 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
Elite60 said:
The rise and fall of Mako and her family. Great episode

Yup
Jan 6, 2014 9:33 PM
Jul 2018

The power of friendship.
Jan 17, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2011
Really great episode, finally Mako and her family serve as more than just stale comedic relief and becomes relevant to the anime's setting and story.

Also this episode seems to show Kiryuuin to be more than just the antagonist or your typical villain in a story. It seems like her plan to control the world has more to it than just that, which is why shes starting to become my favorite character in the series.

The anime's animation, story, and visual have largely grown on me now, it's totally entertaining and fun to watch.
Jan 18, 2014 8:17 AM

Jan 2011
Drogan said:
Ep 4, 5 and 6 dispointeted me a bit (still good but not as good as the first 3 episodes), but this one was even better. If the remaining episodes are all that great this show will become my favorite thing ever.

I thought exactly the same.

Kill la kill has grown on me after this episode, it proved to me that the show is able to be serious and kinda sad for a moment and also to demonstrate great character development.
InevitabilisJan 18, 2014 8:22 AM
Jan 20, 2014 10:45 PM

Nov 2010
Going to keep watching. I'm interested in her outfit adsorbing those life threads ( w/e there called ) makes it a little stronger each time. Or it's just for looks either way the anime has grown on me.
It was not written in the stars that we be together.
Jan 24, 2014 6:00 AM

Jul 2009
So I would guess Ryuuko got a lot stronger from taking all the Life Fibers from the people she defeated eh? :P
Interesting idea to start a fight club and work their way up ... especially for Mako and her family! Although they ended up getting too used to it eh ... well we've all seen that somewhere before :P Her Ultima uniform transformation was pretty awesome though ... and nobody tried to stop her! Looks like eventually she stopped herself though (as expected, of course!). So now things are back to the norm ... eating those mystery croquettes :P
Hmm, I wonder what Satsuki has in store? Using Mako to fight Ryuuko was certainly expected of her, but looks like they're going to have an "election"? Maybe everyone has to apply to be club president again or something? 'Cus those 2-stars certainly are very weak :P (Well maybe just in comparison to Ryuuko though XD)
Feb 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2011
They always manage to include something totally random in there.. "a man so loyal.."- who would expect it's about getting a driver's licence.
Feb 17, 2014 5:17 PM

Sep 2008
Kind of pointless when they reset almost everything at the end of the episode.

Still, the action was awesome as usual.
Feb 22, 2014 8:33 AM

Sep 2013
this has got to be one of my fav eps of the series so far.
the rise and fall of mako's family was really well done
Feb 24, 2014 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
Another excellent episode. We're being witnesses to one of the best animes out there ladies and gentlemen.
Mar 1, 2014 5:58 AM

Oct 2013
mako's 2 star get up is pretty cool
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 1, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
Mako looked absolutely badass. And that cape -0_0-

Damn.. those gurren lagann feels.. Starting to love this show now.
Mar 8, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2010
this episode is epic
Mar 21, 2014 4:29 AM

May 2013
This series was becoming a bit of a chore, but i knew it would pull through, this episode was fantastic, i liked how they focused on the family, the end scene when they were all apologizing was really well done.
Mar 24, 2014 5:25 PM

Oct 2012
maybe its just me but why couldn't do both you know be rich and have a dinner as they did before
RRRRRRRRRR
Mar 25, 2014 6:48 PM

Jan 2014
10 OUT OF 10!

fav kill la kill episode so far. i almost cried, especially when mako didn't give ryuuko the final blow because she thought it would've killed her. she loves ryuuko so much u_u

the importance of family & togetherness & not worrying about money so much are all such incredibly important themes in our world today. & i, too feel like my sisters & i are so busy doing our own thing that we don't interact with our parents nearly enough. so it was kind of inspiring to me too.

Mar 29, 2014 4:24 AM

May 2012
From being poor all the way up to being rich sure changes people but well true friendship seems to ever last! Pretty sweet development and action in this episode! Let's see what's next though.
Mar 30, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2013
Not sure if baits or just weaboos. Mako looks like badass with that goku uniform. The scene when ryuko is eating alone looks sad.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Mar 31, 2014 9:14 PM
Aug 2012
those were some big tears
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

280 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 19, 12:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.