Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2013 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat beautiful snow!

Really liked some of the developments this episode. Hell, even little kids feels the impact of the recent events and are confused what to do. Let those tears pour. Dat ending. Wow.
Stark700Dec 5, 2013 8:25 AM
Dec 5, 2013 8:37 AM

Jul 2012
hmm Kaname and Chisaki at the end there.. I wonder what will happen
Dec 5, 2013 8:38 AM

Aug 2010
Shit just got real on a major level. It's not just a bit of snow. This is the upcoming of an ice age XD

Hikari is just growing on me more and more.

I know this might be mean but I loved seeing Manaka suffer at the end on bed XD
She's really cute when crying :P...Wonder what she told the Slug??

Kaname makes his move hehe. Nice going there Kaname ^^

And As usual beautiful scenery ^^
Barion-ZaraDec 5, 2013 10:21 AM
Dec 5, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2013
Confession at the end. People are getting prepared for what's gonna happen soon. Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 5, 2013 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
..Ohh things just got serious
Dec 5, 2013 8:51 AM

Jun 2012
Timeskip incoming for second cour? I dunno after that preview with the kids saying they were going to eat
Dec 5, 2013 9:04 AM
Aug 2011
HybridMBL said:
Timeskip incoming for second cour? I dunno after that preview with the kids saying they were going to eat

Fairly sure they were saying that as an act of defiance. However, the "we are seriously going to sleep" suggests maybe food isn't what gets the hibernation going.
Dec 5, 2013 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
It was a rather uncomfortable episode to watch with all that awkwardness and looming danger in the air.

There seems to be a strong hint time-skip coming and this one gives me the creeps like Shinsekai yori did, I rather they stay young and solve the problem.

The "sea slug" foreshadowing has finally resulted in an actual use.

Also "DAT cliffhanger", so much feels bottled up in the end, I was hoping they wouldn't end it there but they it. Whyyyyyyy

PS: I laughed at Sayu's description of the Sea-people, especially Boobs, hahahahahaa.
Dec 5, 2013 9:14 AM

Dec 2013
Dat confession man. disgonbgud
Dec 5, 2013 9:15 AM
May 2011
I feared that this was gonna happen. In all this I am really sorry for Tsumugu. None of those girls actually understood or deserved him. I am sure there will be the one who will and is gonna be his only one.

Manaka was never the girl who deserved him. The question is when Manaka is gonna realize she kinda likes that childhood idiot and Chisaki is gonna hook up with Kaname what will be Tsumugu's development. For me he should be the main character. Too bad we see him very little and those idiots too much.
Dec 5, 2013 9:15 AM

Dec 2011
Kaname's confession to Chisaki.

And Manaka's confession to the slug.

The slow descent to sleep. And noone knows when, or if, they will ever wake up...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 5, 2013 9:22 AM
Dec 2013
is it just me or manaka really started to fall in love with hikari instead of tsumugu?..we didn't get to know her confession at the end :/
Dec 5, 2013 9:22 AM
Jan 2011
Kaname ... I didn't think you be so bold!

TQ
Dec 5, 2013 9:33 AM
Mar 2013
What an Episode!!! Getting more intense from ep to ep :3 I'm happy it's a 26 episodes series <3

Kaname confessing and with that face :')

Manaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did you say to the SeaSLUG??????? *^*

<3 HikarixManaka <3
Dec 5, 2013 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
So Manaka pushed away Hikari not on Chisaki's behalf but because she really did feel uncertain or confused. There goes that theory.

Convenient sea slug is convenient.
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Dec 5, 2013 9:39 AM
Dec 2013
jawnmewn said:
So Manaka pushed away Hikari not on Chisaki's behalf but because she really did feel uncertain or confused. There goes that theory.

so do you think she started to fall in love with him? she was thinking about him the whole episode
Dec 5, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
aika96 said:
jawnmewn said:

so do you think she started to fall in love with him? she was thinking about him the whole episode

I personally think she's just confused and scared. Finding out that your whole world is going to come to an end for a while is going to get you thinking.

She's also probably a bit conflicted about her feelings for Tsumugu, too. After she found out about the whole apocalypse situation Tsumugu's words echoed in her head.

Just got to wait and see~
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Dec 5, 2013 10:00 AM

Mar 2009
I AM SHOCKED BY THAT CONFESSION...said no one ever.

HybridMBL said:
Timeskip incoming for second cour?

Seems like it! This could be interesting.
Jul 2012
... Another week to wait.

Dec 2011
The way i see it, even if the eachive to make the ofuneshiki, the sleep is coming no matter what.
Also, just today i realized that the warm snow might aswell be ashes from a volcano.
But one of two things will happen:
Either they achieve to stop the catastrophe or they all fall sleep and we will see a time skip, when all the humans (normal humans) have grown old, and somehow the problem was solved (with them doing again the ofuneshiki ritual or whatever).
Dec 5, 2013 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
This episode is finally making me like the series a bit more.
Great development in every aspect (albeit for manaka still being in igorance)
Kaname finally confesses, it's official we now have a huge love polygon.

I sense that this whole sleep thing is just a way to kill all of the people on the surface and can be stopped if everyone wasn't so narrow minded.
Really excited for the next episode now.
Dec 5, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
Well confession at end there was expected to some extent. I was kind of surprised at the other citizens reactions to the whole sleeping thing, was like it happens often, no panic, no distrust, no confusion, no stress. Hikari's sister's reactions were a bit on the not caring side as well. Also wondering why Manaka was thinking of Hikari so much when lying on bed, thought she'd be thinking of fish guy now.

Dec 5, 2013 10:12 AM

Dec 2008
Manaka is acting like Hikari shoved his tongue down her throat and then raped her. All he did was hug her. Good god, she'd probably go hang herself if he would have kissed her too.
Did Uroko say he was just a scale from the Sea God? How enormous is the Sea God exactly?
Good for Kaname! That's how you do it!! No games, no awkward stares...just "I've liked you for a while now." Can't wait to see how this develops.

I get the feeling there's about to be a time skip.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 5, 2013 10:22 AM
Dec 2013
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Manaka is acting like Hikari shoved his tongue down her throat and then raped her. All he did was hug her. Good god, she'd probably go hang herself if he would have kissed her too.
Did Uroko say he was just a scale from the Sea God? How enormous is the Sea God exactly?
Good for Kaname! That's how you do it!! No games, no awkward stares...just "I've liked you for a while now." Can't wait to see how this develops.

I get the feeling there's about to be a time skip.

Sent with Mal Updater
her reaction is weird...she was trying to avoid him..but it was a shock tho..her closest friend has feelings for her and she likes another guy..maybe she started to notice him or fall for him..who knows..i prefer her with tsumugu tho :/
Dec 5, 2013 10:39 AM

Aug 2012
I love this episode. Had me sad how manaka was, who wouldn't be though right? Lot to overcome when your going to sleep for who knows how long.
I'm sensing a time skip!! Ending was unexpected! Kind of lol can't wait till next week!
Dec 5, 2013 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
I want to cheer for Kaname! Regardless of who he likes!!

GoGo_Dominatrix said:

THIS!

Manaka irked me the whole episode. Her crying was even more annoying. I thought she was getting better, but this ep was like she needed others to babysit her.
Dec 5, 2013 10:47 AM

Apr 2013
The animation for Shioshishio is always amazing. The scenery and the village itself are beautiful.
Lol at the drunk old guys during the feast. All the kids are scared about what might happen.
I'm really interested in seeing what happens to everybody after the deep sleep.

Seems like Manaka is finally starting to understand Hikari's feelings. That Kaname confession though. Wonder how Chisaki is gonna react.
Dec 5, 2013 10:48 AM
Mar 2013
MANAKA CRYING WHILE EATING KILLED ME THO <3 JUST TOOO CUTEEEEEE :Q________
Dec 5, 2013 11:10 AM

Mar 2012
Ho Ho Holy Shiit

That confession was SMOOTH AS FUCK!!
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Dec 5, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
I would love to see a plot twist where the Shishio's people hibernate and wake up 100+ years in the future. Huehue.

Sayu x ( Kaname ) x Chisaki x ( Hikari ) x Manaka x ( Tsumugu )
SK x KC x CH x HM x MT

[S=1][K=2][C=3][H=4][M=5][T=6]

2 x 6 x 12 x 20 x 30 = 86400 days = 236 years
I'm expecting futuristic and mechas , damn good , this show is random.

EDIT : For the sake god , I drank sake and I'm drunk. I forgot to put Miuna x Hikari. So the calculation may not be that accurate.
RiezDec 5, 2013 11:20 AM
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 5, 2013 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode this week!
Love Chisaki and Kaname so much, wonder what will happen between them.
Dec 5, 2013 12:04 PM

Jul 2010
I think we all saw Kaname's confession coming.It was just matter of time...i wonder what will Chisaki do now.
Manaka, you serious?...
Dec 5, 2013 12:05 PM
Apr 2012
I was a bit disappointed in this one. I really am hoping for a Manaka+Tsumugu pairing and her thinking about Hikari just really bothers me. I'm still trying to keep up hope for Manaka and Tsumugu being together though. Really liked that Kaname went out and confessed to Chisaki without bullshitting around. Him just coming out and telling her directly that her likes her was really great. I'm excited for the next episode to see how that goes.
Dec 5, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2008
Would they still age when they hibernate? Would be pretty weird if they didn't. I also wonder what will happen to the people with ena that are living on the surface, like Akari, and supposedly Tsumugu's grandpa.
Dec 5, 2013 12:26 PM
Aug 2013
at the ending:
let me quote my reaction "nani, nani nani nani nani nani?"
I didnt see that coming really, really like this story and im alrady dying of wait time till next week lol.
but it didnt look like kaname meant it thoug imo. he didnt blush or anything.. well i might be wrong, let me hear your thoughts!
amazing epsiode as usual, am i the only one whos in love with the art?
Dec 5, 2013 12:29 PM
Dec 2013
Mamoru-Kado said:
I was a bit disappointed in this one. I really am hoping for a Manaka+Tsumugu pairing and her thinking about Hikari just really bothers me. I'm still trying to keep up hope for Manaka and Tsumugu being together though. Really liked that Kaname went out and confessed to Chisaki without bullshitting around. Him just coming out and telling her directly that her likes her was really great. I'm excited for the next episode to see how that goes.
me too! i really want manaka with tsumugu..they hinted their thing from the start!
Dec 5, 2013 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
Wow... What was that episode??? So much development! Loved it.
Dec 5, 2013 1:22 PM

Feb 2013
Wow you sure wrote a lot.
Well done.

As for me, im rooting for Chisaki x Kaname
and Hikari x Manaka

Kaname is my fav, so KIND
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Dec 5, 2013 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
Cant get enough of the grate animation i love dis show ...and dat confession dou
Dec 5, 2013 1:51 PM

Jun 2013
Now it would be kinda stupid to Chisaki change her feelings in instant after confession,but we all know that's gonna happen.

And now to wait for next week.
Dec 5, 2013 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was pretty sad but this show seriously just keeps getting better and better!:)
Dec 5, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2012
Who don't like who. Everyone likes everyone. Somebody needs to make a chart. Anyway great episode. Seem like the new ice age is coming. A lot of feeling every where. I wonder what Manaka told the slug. Also wonder what Chi will say to Kaname. Can't wait for next episode.
Dec 5, 2013 2:03 PM

Oct 2011
What will happen to Tsugumu and the others ???? Hope they don't die T__T
Dec 5, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
AnimeFan500 said:
What will happen to Tsugumu and the others ???? Hope they don't die T__T

I know right.I don't want Miuna to die ;_;
Dec 5, 2013 2:19 PM

Sep 2009
Manaka's and Chisaki's voices were really loud at the end of their respective scenes, haha.

What did Manaka say to the sea slug!? They're probably going to keep it a secret for an episode or two...x_x

And Kaname x Chisaki. Moar plz.
Dec 5, 2013 2:22 PM

Aug 2008
oh, my thursday anime sure are emotionally painful to watch.

KANAME, GOOD JOB!! And liked that sea slug scene!
For once, I really have no idea how the next episode is going to be, knowing there are still so many episodes left.
Dec 5, 2013 2:22 PM

Dec 2011
So the saltflake snow on the surface is the time of hibernation for the sea people...

and finally made some more light on Uroko-sama, he is the child/offspring of the Sea God and the woman (the human of the Ofunehiki).

I seriously can't wait now for the Ofunehiki to happen. It has been jinxed twice already.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2013 3:29 PM

Jul 2009
AWW WHERES THE HEEAH HEEAH HEEAH HEE AT THE END
BOOOO

all this fasting stuff sounds so hocus pocus like the world was suppose to end on that day i already forgot lmao
Dec 5, 2013 3:37 PM
Oct 2013
ohhhhhhhh do i see a time-skip occurring?
Dec 5, 2013 3:55 PM
Mar 2013
HAHA, thats my kaname, no beating around the bush, and the best part was the first episode. Everyone was saying Hikari was a brat and completely ignored Kaname. I called it the moment I saw them together. (Though I do like Chisaki x Tsumugu). If there is a time-skip, I wonder how it'll play out. (When Uroko made a connection to how the female went to the king, I think Manaka will do that too)

Got me a bit teary but wow... Episode 10 we already have the main plot (Or is this even the main story arc?) Either way, Loved this.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

13 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jul 17, 8:15 AM

» The ending (spoilers)

solele - Jul 13, 2021

14 by Silveredge7 »»
Jul 15, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

653 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 25, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

432 by CrimsonMidnight »»
Jun 24, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

177 by basskiller »»
Jun 15, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.