Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (25) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2013 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
supersonicstrut said:
as someone living in a third world country who works hard to buy all his anime

Please do tell what sort of work you must do to get your anime, I'm interested.
removed-userSep 24, 2013 10:12 PM
Sep 24, 2013 11:23 PM

Nov 2012
supersonicstrut said:
as someone living in a third world country who works hard to buy all his anime, some of you guys really disgust me. sure, go ahead and pirate, i don't care, but stop giving bullshit reasons to defend what you're doing.
Birthday May 2, 1997
Cool Story Bro

I live in Poland and if I would like to buy my favorite anime in superior blue-ray quality I would have to spend about 80$ + transport = 300+PLN it's 6 days of 8h working with carrying heavy 25kg bags with cement and other heavy building s**t.

Is it worth it? Answer yourself.

Why do u think law is always good? North Korea has law too is it good? I will pirate until prices or salary wont be honest.
KrunchySep 25, 2013 12:18 AM
Sep 25, 2013 8:13 AM

Jun 2013
Grakarda either is very wealthy (which judging by his clothing and surroundings, I doubt) or is not the one paying for his anime. $75 for 51 episodes of anime is ridiculous and by no means cheap - that's about $1.50 per episode that you're probably not going to rewatch.
skukaSep 25, 2013 8:24 AM
Sep 25, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2012
ninapudding said:
Grakarda either is very wealthy (which judging by his clothing and surroundings, I doubt) or is not the one paying for his anime. $75 for 51 episodes of anime is ridiculous and by no means cheap - that's about $1.50 per episode that you're probably not going to rewatch.

$75 for 51 Episodes is a pretty good deal.
Sep 25, 2013 8:44 AM

Aug 2010
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
ninapudding said:

Eh? Isn't it like 1.99 for a episode of breaking bad for example. Anime is pretty niche too..so that is a pretty reasonable price.
Sep 25, 2013 8:53 AM

Feb 2010
crosby_87 said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
ninapudding said:

Eh? Isn't it like 1.99 for a episode of breaking bad for example. Anime is pretty niche too..so that is a pretty reasonable price.

That's goddamn cheap, is what it is.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 25, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2012
crosby_87 said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
ninapudding said:

No one said that western movies or series are cheap, they are expensive as hell too. Usually 20 € for a Blu-Ray Movie worth at best 2hrs. No sorry that is way too much aint no one gonna pay for that.
Sep 25, 2013 9:57 AM

Jan 2009
Krunchy said:
supersonicstrut said:
as someone living in a third world country who works hard to buy all his anime, some of you guys really disgust me. sure, go ahead and pirate, i don't care, but stop giving bullshit reasons to defend what you're doing.
Birthday May 2, 1997
Cool Story Bro

I live in Poland and if I would like to buy my favorite anime in superior blue-ray quality I would have to spend about 80$ + transport = 300+PLN it's 6 days of 8h working with carrying heavy 25kg bags with cement and other heavy building s**t.

Why do u think law is always good? North Korea has law too is it good? I will pirate until prices or salary wont be honest.

This.

People don't realize. In the US or Canada, isn't that difficult to you buy animes. But when you look other countries, you see that is expansive and difficult.
Sep 25, 2013 10:06 AM

Nov 2012
Mizorefan said:
Krunchy said:
supersonicstrut said:
Birthday May 2, 1997
Cool Story Bro

This.

People don't realize. In the US or Canada, isn't that difficult to you buy animes. But when you look other countries, you see that is expansive and difficult.

Thats why only get upset with people in the U.S. over illegal streaming. Its the country I live in so I know about that. I never bother talking about foreign issues with anime because I don't live their or know much about it.
Sep 25, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2010
mitch3315 said:
Tell him to get back to me when:

1. Crunchyroll stream all airing series
2. When Crunchyroll stop region locking content

Sadly both options will never happen.

@ topic: For a while whatever Crunchyroll didn't get I watched it fansubbed, but since I haven't had the money as of late to continue my membership I watch purely fansubs unless I'm behind on an airing series or I watch one of Crunchyroll's catalog titles.

As for downloading/torrenting anime its impossible for me cause my download speeds are 1.30 Mbps and its even lower than that when the lines are congested like 0.80 it would take all day if my download does not get cut off so I just stick to streaming.

And for whatever series I like I buy it on DVD or if the series has been out for a while and its cheap for new/used on Amazon I blind buy. If I had even more money I would import series I really like that will otherwise never make it to the US like Kuroko no Basket even though it does not have subtitled releases. -__-
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 25, 2013 10:17 AM
Sep 2013
Whether piracy is defined as "stealing" or not is irrelevant, to me. There isn't anything morally wrong with making a copy of something you didn't pay for if you legitamently don't have money or can't possibly get that product. So I will continue to pirate what I want.

I do like some of Grarkada's videos but he is completely wrong about most of what he's saying. Wait it out? Yeah, right... Life is too short to wait for a fucking Japanese cartoon that I will pay for later on.
Sep 25, 2013 11:11 AM

Jun 2013
crosby_87 said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
ninapudding said:

In the short term it is, but when you look at people who have seen 2000+ episodes of anime, $1.50 is A LOT for each one, that's thousands of dollars. :)
Sep 25, 2013 11:21 AM

Aug 2012
LoneWolfRain said:
I do like some of Grarkada's videos but he is completely wrong about most of what he's saying. Wait it out? Yeah, right... Life is too short to wait for a fucking Japanese cartoon that I will pay for later on.
Whatever floats your boat man, but I find that waiting it out worth it for some big overhyped series, especially for series that would go well in English.

For those who have access to Crunchyroll's airing titles for free... I mean does it kill you to wait one week?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 25, 2013 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Orsonius said:
4) Anime is not expensive, buying things is possible
4.2) Hobbies are supposed to be costly, you cannot have a Hobby that doesn‘t cost money. Anime is also a Hobby so expecting it to be for free is foolish

>Anime DVDs
>not expensive

That kid needs to stop making videos, unless he's wealthy enough to wipe his ass with 100 dollar U.S. bills.

Let's not forget that some series are very old and/or are no longer even available for purchase anywhere.
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 25, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2013
uuhh guess im a pirate
Sep 25, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
The way I see things is that, if I lived in Japan, I could watch the anime on TV for free (well, for however much I'm paying the TV company, but you get what I'm saying.). I could watch it once, and then decide whether to buy the DVDs. However, in America anime of course does not run on TV and I refuse to pay for episodes of a show I might not even like. So the way I see it is that watching stuff online for free is the equivalent to watching it on TV for the first time, and if I ever want to rewatch a series that isn't on Crunchyroll, I'll pay for the DVDs if they're in America.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Sep 25, 2013 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
User-namae said:
The way I see things is that, if I lived in Japan, I could watch the anime on TV for free (well, for however much I'm paying the TV company, but you get what I'm saying.). I could watch it once, and then decide whether to buy the DVDs. However, in America anime of course does not run on TV and I refuse to pay for episodes of a show I might not even like. So the way I see it is that watching stuff online for free is the equivalent to watching it on TV for the first time, and if I ever want to rewatch a series that isn't on Crunchyroll, I'll pay for the DVDs if they're in America.

However your viewing of it illegally gives the creators no revenue as it does on T.V. The problem with stealing foreign media is that it not so much hurts the country you steal it from, but more so the economy in every other country. Therefore the shows that eventually become legal to view later are not watched by the piraters that already watched it. That means the company legally showing it might charge more for it or stop allowing it to be shown because its not worth the cost. That then goes back to the original company that created the anime and gives them less revenue from overseas. It all hurts the original creators in the end regardless of where you are from.
Tomoki_SakuraiSep 25, 2013 12:39 PM
Sep 25, 2013 12:41 PM

Nov 2012
ninapudding said:
crosby_87 said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
ninapudding said:

In the short term it is, but when you look at people who have seen 2000+ episodes of anime, $1.50 is A LOT for each one, that's thousands of dollars. :)

you could watch 1000+ episodes of anime off netflix alone.
Sep 25, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
Heh... I only watch anime because it's free. There's just no way I would have paid for the asston of series I've watched over the years. If I couldn't get it free I'd have a different hobby right now...
Sep 25, 2013 1:00 PM

Aug 2007
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
User-namae said:

However your viewing of it illegally gives the creators no revenue as it does on T.V. The problem with stealing foreign media is that it not so much hurts the country you steal it from, but more so the economy in every other country. Therefore the shows that eventually become legal to view later are not watched by the piraters that already watched it. That means the company legally showing it might charge more for it or stop allowing it to be shown because its not worth the cost. That then goes back to the original company that created the anime and gives them less revenue from overseas. It all hurts the original creators in the end regardless of where you are from.

Copyright infringement is not theft and its complete bullshit to say pirates don't buy series they already watched.
Sep 25, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2009
Fansubs have better quality subs than the anime subs u can buy, that's one reason i download anime, i don't know why hes bitching about illegal streaming its like 240p it deserves to be free i watch all my anime in 1080p mainly and buying bluray anime would be hell expensive, why would i choose crunchyroll it doesn't even air all anime series and the subs are medicore compared to some fansub groups

Alot of people DO buy anime dvds its just mainly the ones they like the ones that are WORTH buying, theres alot of bad ones youll be wasting your money if u had to buy every series u wanna try
Sep 25, 2013 1:11 PM
Aug 2011
Anime is expensive.

/thread.
Sep 25, 2013 1:32 PM
Sep 2013
gamer2710 said:
LoneWolfRain said:
Whatever floats your boat man, but I find that waiting it out worth it for some big overhyped series, especially for series that would go well in English.

For those who have access to Crunchyroll's airing titles for free... I mean does it kill you to wait one week?
It doesn't kill me (or anyone) to wait a week or two for an episode. I was talking about stuff that you can't possibly get that Crunchyroll doesn't have and will probably never pick up. Grarkada said he waited years for that Gundam box set; I'm not going to wait years for any type of entertainment that is at my fingertips (and that's including American products).

I don't even keep up with airing anime, by the way.
LoneWolfRainSep 25, 2013 6:27 PM
Sep 25, 2013 2:02 PM

Aug 2012
User-namae said:
Wrong. People actually do get money off TV viewership and Crunchyroll; nobody gets money off of illegal streams except maybe your ISP if you hit the cap. If you weren't talking about illegal streams or downloads, ignore that part.

And anime does air in the US right now. We have weekday morning shows (Pokemon is still huge) and Toonami on Saturday nights (the most recent of their lineup being Sword Art Online).
gamer2710Sep 25, 2013 2:07 PM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 25, 2013 5:39 PM

Sep 2013
I usually stream illegally, its just more convenient. I do have the crunchyroll app tho, I don't pay to use their services but they have a decent selection and I know the videos will play on my ipod and kindle so I sometimes stream legally. The ads get annoying tho so I don't prefer it.
Sep 25, 2013 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
Orsonius said:
Hobbies are supposed to be costly, you cannot have a Hobby that doesn‘t cost money. Anime is also a Hobby so expecting it to be for free is foolish
Tools of corporate interests... they're too far gone. Bleeding money is now not only considered responsible ("contributing to society"), but morally justifiable.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Sep 25, 2013 8:58 PM

Jul 2013
often it is quicker to google a show and click the first 3 links than it is to go to funimation or find a legal stream. If I really like an anime i'll go and buy some merchandise or help in some other way like recommending it to others or liking their facebook page. Support doesn't only mean financial support.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 25, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
Even if you're poor?
Sep 25, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
User-namae said:

Copyright infringement is not theft and its complete bullshit to say pirates don't buy series they already watched.

#1 I never said Piraters never buy anime.
#2 Never talked about copyright Infringement.
Sep 25, 2013 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
Lol anime streaming is what made anime big, without streaming anime would be no where right now

It helps the industry much more than hurt it
Sep 25, 2013 9:50 PM

Feb 2013
Manderton said:
Illegal streaming is wrong cause it's illegal duh.

Yeh because everything that is illegal is morally wrong -_-
Sep 25, 2013 9:53 PM
Sep 2013
Trebel said:
Manderton said:

Yeh because everything that is illegal is morally wrong -_-
I think he was being sarcastic -_-
Sep 25, 2013 10:05 PM

Jun 2010
me personally I support what I love and I agree with Arkada on this one, when americans can get anime for cheap why dont they? some say have no money but in the end go buy the next video game which they will play what for 3 hrs then possibly get bored with it and most new games can cost up to 60-70$ while some animes can cost u 50$ or less if u know were to look,its stupid to say anime is suppose to be free when it COSTS MONEY TO MAKE THE ANIMES and ppl make things for a living to support themselves and then what really pisses me off is these so called *air quotes* anime fans then bitch about an anime or wish for a second season when they do nothing to show that they love the show,im not saying ppl should buy every single anime in world but should atleast buy the ones they enjoy or atleast interested in
Anime/Manga Gives Heart To The World <3

http://www.youtube.com/user/lust4lyfe101
Sep 26, 2013 1:05 AM

Aug 2007
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
User-namae said:

1) Yeah you actually did: "Therefore the shows that eventually become legal to view later are not watched by the piraters that already watched it. "

2) You said the word stealing twice. "The problem with stealing foreign media is that it not so much hurts the country you steal it from, but more so the economy in every other country. " When you download something you are not stealing anything.

lust4anime said:
and then what really pisses me off is these so called *air quotes* anime fans

You don't need to buy something in order to be a fan of something.
Sep 26, 2013 8:42 AM

Nov 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
User-namae said:

1) Yeah you actually did: "Therefore the shows that eventually become legal to view later are not watched by the piraters that already watched it. "

2) You said the word stealing twice. "The problem with stealing foreign media is that it not so much hurts the country you steal it from, but more so the economy in every other country. " When you download something you are not stealing anything.

lust4anime said:

1.When I say "Therefore the shows that eventually become legal to view later are not watched by the piraters that already watched it. " I am talking about digitally on sites that legally own it.
2. If you think stealing is void simply because it is online then you obviously have a warped thought process.
Sep 26, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
If you had to pay for every episode in order to watch it, im sure there would be far less variety in the world.
Sep 26, 2013 9:56 AM

Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Manderton said:

But no one gives a shit because you're probably not going to get caught
But why should anyone have to settle for eyecancer? If you're going to watch it illegally you could at least download it
Sep 26, 2013 11:58 AM

Mar 2013
Aeroxygen said:
Even if you're poor?

if your poor legal streams
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Sep 26, 2013 12:06 PM

Apr 2012
mattbenz99 said:
Aeroxygen said:
Even if you're poor?

Next youre going to tell me to not robb a bank and work if I need money or what?

People this days...

Im joking I would never compare pirating with robbing a bank.
I think its more like not paying for public toilets and instead crawling over the barricade, its fine since you hardly ever get caught, unless your a dumb idiot.
Sep 26, 2013 12:07 PM

Mar 2013
baki502 said:
mattbenz99 said:
Aeroxygen said:
Even if you're poor?

Next youre going to tell me to not robb a bank and work if I need money or what?

People this days...

I think its more like not paying for public toilets and instead crawling over the barricade, its fine since you hardly ever get caught, unless your a dumb idiot.

what are you talking about?
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Sep 26, 2013 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
mattbenz99 said:
baki502 said:
mattbenz99 said:
Aeroxygen said:
Even if you're poor?

People this days...

Pissing for free?
Sep 26, 2013 12:16 PM

Mar 2013
baki502 said:
mattbenz99 said:
baki502 said:
mattbenz99 said:
Aeroxygen said:
Even if you're poor?

People this days...

Pissing for free?

and how does that relate to legal stream?

Sep 26, 2013 12:24 PM

Apr 2012
mattbenz99 said:
baki502 said:
mattbenz99 said:
baki502 said:
mattbenz99 said:
Aeroxygen said:
Even if you're poor?

People this days...

Pissing for free?

and how does that relate to legal stream?

Im just comparing it to pirating as to about how much both are persecuted by the law and about how much financial damage it does.
Sep 26, 2013 2:04 PM

Aug 2007
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
User-namae said:

lust4anime said:

1.When I say "Therefore the shows that eventually become legal to view later are not watched by the piraters that already watched it. " I am talking about digitally on sites that legally own it.
2. If you think stealing is void simply because it is online then you obviously have a warped thought process.

It actually is since copyright infringement is not theft. Both legally and dictionary definition wise. In order for something to be stealing something has to actually be taken. Copyright infringement makes a COPY of something while the original is still there.
Sep 26, 2013 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
Basically no such thing like legal convenient streaming sites available here in Indonesia and if I want to buy DVD/BD I need to import it directly from Japan, I can avoid high price shipping if I take the slowest one available. The problem is the taxes is goddamn high, I need to pay 2.5$/minute for any imported motion picture's DVD/BD.

example: I want to buy Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki BD directly from Japan for 80$ including shipping and blablabla, I paid the money and they'll send it immediately. I need to take it in post office since I need to pay the tax there. Says, including bonus scenes, deleted scenes, director's cut, and etc the BD duration is 150 min. so I have to pay 150x2.5= 375$ which already surpassed the the BD's price and shipping from Japan to Indonesia. I surely wouldn't be able to pay the tax and they'll just send the BD backs to Japan. There goes my 80$ for nothing....
So it's not like I don't want to support the industry, the industry and the government itself made it hard to support them.

Sorry for my engrish
Sep 26, 2013 3:10 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah lol, Id not even bother buying it in the first place if it costs 80$ what is japan thinking, were shitting money? Honestly I am pretty sure the people who pay that much for anime, either have no other hobbies that cost money or are literally shitting money.

Unless you watch like 1 or 2 series a month at max.
Sep 26, 2013 3:42 PM

Aug 2007
Suntears said:
Basically no such thing like legal convenient streaming sites available here in Indonesia and if I want to buy DVD/BD I need to import it directly from Japan, I can avoid high price shipping if I take the slowest one available. The problem is the taxes is goddamn high, I need to pay 2.5$/minute for any imported motion picture's DVD/BD.

example: I want to buy Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki BD directly from Japan for 80$ including shipping and blablabla, I paid the money and they'll send it immediately. I need to take it in post office since I need to pay the tax there. Says, including bonus scenes, deleted scenes, director's cut, and etc the BD duration is 150 min. so I have to pay 150x2.5= 375$ which already surpassed the the BD's price and shipping from Japan to Indonesia. I surely wouldn't be able to pay the tax and they'll just send the BD backs to Japan. There goes my 80$ for nothing....
So it's not like I don't want to support the industry, the industry and the government itself made it hard to support them.

Sorry for my engrish

Your English wasn't bad at all. Also couldn't you lie about the runtime? That's a really ridiculous tax.

baki502 said:
Yeah lol, Id not even bother buying it in the first place if it costs 80$ what is japan thinking, were shitting money? Honestly I am pretty sure the people who pay that much for anime, either have no other hobbies that cost money or are literally shitting money.

Unless you watch like 1 or 2 series a month at max.

People in Japan pay abysmal prices for anime compared to other countries. I think the only reason box sets exist in North America is that's what we have been accustomed to.
Sep 26, 2013 4:18 PM

Apr 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
Suntears said:

Sorry for my engrish

Your English wasn't bad at all. Also couldn't you lie about the runtime? That's a really ridiculous tax.

Unfortunately, the tax officer will opens the package and checked the runtime by him/herself... at some extreme cases, they even test played the disc and bonus disc.
Sep 26, 2013 4:45 PM

Nov 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
User-namae said:

lust4anime said:

It actually is since copyright infringement is not theft. Both legally and dictionary definition wise. In order for something to be stealing something has to actually be taken. Copyright infringement makes a COPY of something while the original is still there.

So because its not physical its not stealing? Justify it any way you want, but that is a lousy excuse.
Pages (25) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite Anime Hair/Eye Colour Combinations

Quadruple_Oi - 9 hours ago

17 by l_Photon_l »»
2 minutes ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 9

82 by RareAnimeHunter »»
15 minutes ago

» If there was an anime based off your whole life, How liked would the anime be ?

Thy-Veseveia - 7 hours ago

4 by DinoNo1 »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you care more about Art or Entertainment?

zaganGao - Sep 27

38 by Spunkert »»
35 minutes ago

» How come all anime girls cosplay as black cats and not orange cats?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

6 by Spunkert »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.