Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 18, 2013 9:09 AM

Jul 2011
If i'm good enough, no doubt i will choose Military police, but if i'm not in the top ten, then i'll pick Stationary so i can get drunk like Hannes and his friends.
Aug 18, 2013 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
My own.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Aug 18, 2013 9:23 AM

Oct 2012
Houndthree said:
My own.

So one of the criminal rings like the one that tried to kidnap Mikasa?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Aug 18, 2013 9:27 AM

Apr 2013
Scouting legion
Aug 18, 2013 9:33 AM

Jul 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Houndthree said:
My own.

No, my squad would be about honer. About principles. Where honor no longer exists, they are going to step in.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Aug 18, 2013 9:46 AM

Oct 2012
Houndthree said:
NickyCharisma said:
Houndthree said:
My own.

No, my squad would be about honer. About principles. Where honor no longer exists, they are going to step in.

Wait, you're an anti-human squad? You sound like Russian Commissioners in WW II.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Aug 18, 2013 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
Chiyonyan said:
Stationary Guard, of course. I won't go as far as to dare to say that I might end up in top 10 (even on 10th place lol) by some chance, and even then, I have no slightest desire to join Military Police.
As for Scouting Legion, c'mon, be realistic, most of you would piss your pants and scream if you heard a gunfight on your street, what is there to say 'bout Titans.

/my bad English

Guns shots are pretty common in my city. Especially at night.
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Aug 18, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Houndthree said:
NickyCharisma said:
Houndthree said:
My own.

Wait, you're an anti-human squad? You sound like Russian Commissioners in WW II.

No, I am neutral. Titan or Human, it doesn't matter for me. My squad is like a Shield from injustice.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Aug 18, 2013 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
stationary hate heights, would go suicide if I ever saw a Titan like that one guy.
Aug 18, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
Realistically, I would fear for my life and knowing how low percentage chance I have surviving, and join the Military Police.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 18, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
My vote: Scouting Legion (as long as I'm not obligated by someone else I will go by my own will)

so I can see world~(?)

I may not be as good and strong as some but hell yeah, I have my own good things for this job, not everything resides in killing titans xD

- I only draw freestyle! -
Aug 18, 2013 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
^ Oh, that's a good one.

Realistically, I'd say it's more demanding to kill a fellow human (if you're also one) than titan and this is why I hate the MP (episode 2, 14).

Now, even if the titans were once humans, they are titans now, who indiscriminately obliterate the human race. Can't say I'd feel any remorse in killing them. Personally, I don't have much heart for the other type of titans, given what they did and do, but the series offers various points on the subject and I believe people understand why.
Aug 18, 2013 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
Stationary Guard because they only fight Titans when they need to, which is good enough for me.

The Scouting Legions is basically suicide, while the Military Police does nothing.
Aug 18, 2013 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
Houndthree said:
No, I am neutral. Titan or Human, it doesn't matter for me. My squad is like a Shield from injustice.

Is this another reference to that wrestling group?
Aug 18, 2013 2:35 PM

Feb 2012
I wouldn't even join the fucking army. Ill hide inside my house in the inner walls all day and play xbox.

But if were kidding ourselves here probably the scouting legion.
Aug 18, 2013 2:37 PM

Oct 2012
IceBurn said:
I wouldnt even join the fucking army.

Lame.
Aug 18, 2013 2:40 PM

Feb 2012
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:

Lame.
Internet Badass spotted!
Aug 18, 2013 2:55 PM

Oct 2012
IceBurn said:
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:

Lame.
Real Life Badass spotted!

Fixed.
Aug 18, 2013 3:13 PM

Feb 2012
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:

Lame.

Fixed.
whoops
Aug 18, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
IceBurn said:
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:

Lame.

Fixed.
whoops

Now that's more like it!
Aug 18, 2013 3:45 PM

Jul 2011
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:

Lame.

Fixed.

lol, in your dream
Aug 18, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
millo said:
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:
NickyCharisma said:
IceBurn said:

Lame.

Fixed.

lol, in your dream

Nope, in actuality as well as potentiality.
Aug 18, 2013 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
Forgetfulness said:
So you just ignored the second part of that line? I recall in some other thread that some people did some physics calculations and concluded that it is not physically possible to use 3DMS like they do. You will die

Yeah basically. What, do you want to live forever?
Aug 18, 2013 4:13 PM

May 2013
Lol at all the people saying scouting legion, you do realize that 90% of the scouting legion died in only 4 years. Do you realize what that even means your chances of survival are? Only chance i would join if i was like Eren and saw first hand my family eaten by those bastards. If not no chance i hell i would be joining. I mean if the human government could be trusted, then maybe i would sacrifice my life for the greater good. But as anyone can see there seems to be a shit ton of corruption and i would rather not die meaninglessly for idiots upstairs.
Aug 18, 2013 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
Arete7 said:
Lol at all the people saying scouting legion, you do realize that 90% of the scouting legion died in only 4 years. Do you realize what that even means your chances of survival are? Only chance i would join if i was like Eren and saw first hand my family eaten by those bastards. If not no chance i hell i would be joining. I mean if the human government could be trusted, then maybe i would sacrifice my life for the greater good. But as anyone can see there seems to be a shit ton of corruption and i would rather not die meaninglessly for idiots upstairs.

Everyone dies my friend. The Scouting Legion just choose to believe.
Aug 18, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
Stationary guard, chill AF.
Aug 18, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
I would want to become a doctor or scientist. As a soldier I would just run out there to get killed it would be a pointless death(why go out there if you wouldn't make a good soldier...). I would have to be a hell of a liar to say I was "eager" to join the scouting legion. Seeing your friends die all around you as you rush to your death is not smiles and rainbows. Loved ones I know have experienced war and did it to protect others(debatable) or cause they had to(not cause it sounded fun).I would guard something if it was needed for the preservation of things I loved, but I would not be happy about it(I'd be realistically frightened/concerned).

That would be my serious or realistic take on the scenario of joining a squad.
Aug 18, 2013 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
KaiserNazrin said:
Military Police. Joining Scouting Legion is a suicide. Anyone who says they want to join it can only say so probably because they never experience a great fear that make you shit your pants, really. To overcome that fear isn't easy as the anime may make it look like. How many people can actually bare to see their comrades get eaten in front of their eyes? and to see it again and again? (If you actually surviv e long enough) You must have a really strong reason for fighting to stand up against those monster and of course skills. Just be angry and charge at those things is just gonna get you killed.

The Scouts aren't a suicide squad. That's just term cowards use to justify their behavior instead of admitting they don't fortitude necessary to be there. Nobody joins the Legion to die, they do it so that one day Titans can be defeated rather the wait for the inevitable and die like dogs.
Aug 19, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Houndthree said:

Is this another reference to that wrestling group?

Look at my sig.
Forgot that I changed it a couple of days ago.
Anyway, yes.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Aug 19, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2011
Scouting Legion, ofc <3
Fuchsia said:
disgusting metalhead :o
Aug 19, 2013 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
Well, ideally, it depends on how my life is, so I'd probably break it down something like this:

Do I have a loving wife? If yes, probably military police, I'm not going to go charge out and die to leave behind someone who cares about me. If the titans get through the walls however, I will fight them. If not, then scouting legion.

If above, is my wife also in the military? If so, I'd probably join whatever legion she joined, and if she doesn't care, then military police or garrison.

Between the garrison and military police, I think it'd be more interesting to be closer to the higher ups to see how things really work and decide what to do with my life there, so military police.
Aug 19, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2008
In a way, this is a bit of an impossible game (the proof being how many people have chosen the scouting legion). Unless you have been around death and seen it first hand (and not something like a relative dying of an illness, friend in an accident, etc.)... something you have seen violent, up close and personal, you shouldn't be glorifying or glamorizing the deaths/cause of the scouting legion and saying that someone who would chose to be in the mp or garrison are "pussies", etc.

On a side note, I think it's funny how many people take up the "life beyond the walls" cry, when many people are in a position to travel, etc. in real life and don't lol. It's amazing how many people have never really traveled far from home but somehow still resonate with being trapped inside the walls in SnK. ^_^
Aug 19, 2013 3:55 PM

Oct 2012
killbethy said:
In a way, this is a bit of an impossible game (the proof being how many people have chosen the scouting legion). Unless you have been around death and seen it first hand (and not something like a relative dying of an illness, friend in an accident, etc.)... something you have seen violent, up close and personal, you shouldn't be glorifying or glamorizing the deaths/cause of the scouting legion and saying that someone who would chose to be in the mp or garrison are "pussies", etc.

And if you have... ? I mean, it's kinda my job.
Aug 19, 2013 5:55 PM
Jul 2013
Ideally, I'd go for the Scouting Legion, since:

• Being raised in an Asian home, I've been taught to hold onto my individual and to some extent, my family's, pride and honour.
  • The thought of adventuring outside thrills me.
  • Having faced my Arachnophobia already, I think I could have the courage to fight the Titans
  • 3DMG
  • Badass cape

Realistically, I'd just become a scientist. I'd go ahead and make balloons and machine guns. I'd just fly on my blimp mowing down the brain of the Titans inside their neck nape.
Aug 19, 2013 6:01 PM

Oct 2012
Xinception said:
Realistically, I'd just become a scientist. I'd go ahead and make balloons and machine guns.

Serious question: can titans jump?
Aug 19, 2013 7:26 PM

Jun 2013
NickyCharisma said:
Xinception said:
Realistically, I'd just become a scientist. I'd go ahead and make balloons and machine guns.

Apparently female titan can. Also remember the titan who killed Thomas? I think that thing can jump.
Aug 19, 2013 7:29 PM

Oct 2012
BakaAniki said:
NickyCharisma said:
Xinception said:

Apparently female titan can. Also remember the titan who killed Thomas? I think that thing can jump.

Aug 19, 2013 7:49 PM

Oct 2012
Forgetfulness said:
NickyCharisma said:
BakaAniki said:
NickyCharisma said:
Xinception said:

And abnormals

THANKS! So upon reviewing the play, I cannot endorse the hot air balloon proposition.
Aug 20, 2013 4:31 AM

Aug 2010
Depends on how my life inside the walls turns out.

If I never saw a Titan in my life, I think I would pick the Scouting Legion to see the world outside the walls. Much like Eren's desire to see it, I would think the world would be something worth seeing even if death was the eventual fate.

If I was at the Trost invasion and survived it, the choice would be harder. I don't have the bravest soul, so I would try to get away from them, but my cynical side would tell me that I would just delay the inevitable. So either I would join the Garrison and wait for death for being the coward I am, or join the Scouting Legion and embrace death for being the pessimist I am.
SagaraYuzuruAug 20, 2013 7:26 AM
Aug 20, 2013 5:43 AM

May 2012
Scouting legion
Aug 20, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Xinception said:

Yes, don't you remember this:

http://youtu.be/hrGltYwaFzs?t=2m9s
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 20, 2013 7:23 AM

Oct 2012
Goryo said:
NickyCharisma said:
Xinception said:

Actually I did completely forget that. Odd, cause of how important it is.
Aug 20, 2013 7:28 AM

Jul 2010
I have a knack for finding out anything hidden and have whether a death wish or a lack or real care of what happens to me so of course scouts yet ...I would probably get killed in my first mission ...without a chance to fight or anything ...Im very very bad at being a hero . As all other people I know but somehow the only one accepting Im no special is I , everyone else thinks they are Mikasa or Eren but after what I have seen and known of them they are the guy in the third row behind the group that is faking a stomach ache to stay at home that day :P .
Aug 20, 2013 7:32 AM
Jul 2013
NickyCharisma said:
Goryo said:
NickyCharisma said:
Xinception said:

Actually I did completely forget that. Odd, cause of how important it is.

Lul, my balloon would be so high, they'd need drugs to get them high enough to catch me. Imma snipe dem bitches with mah guns on mah blimp.
Aug 20, 2013 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
Actually depends on my story. xD If I had a backstory like Eren, then probably scouting, If nothing happened to me in my life, then the Military police, or station guard. XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2013 4:50 PM
Jun 2013
Realistically, Military Police. I love the scouting corp, but I like to love them in an easy chair, not in between the Female Titan's palm and a tree.
Aug 20, 2013 5:36 PM

Sep 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Katsuro-chan said:
My family has an extensive military history on both ends with the Japanese Imperial Army and the British Armed Forces, so assuming that, I would join the Scouting Legion, though not primarily for the Titan killing. If anything, if my own sacrifice presents the opportunity for humanity to step forward and survive, then Ill honorably take that risk.

... I am genuienly left speechless. You don't typically run into this on MAL.

Haha, then again, such family lineages are rare. Threads like these always pique my curiosity though, its interesting to see how other people would react, even if 60% of them are typically testosteronal responses to try and be a hero ^^. As of reality though, I would uphold tradition and join the Japanese Forces...but the SDF has declined a lot since the days of my Grandfather being (陸軍大佐) or a Colonel in modern terms :I. Dammit America for the dismantling (no offense) C:

Plus, I've already hit off a started animation career with a company, so it would be difficult to readjust priorities >.>. Nice to meet you by the way ^^.
Aug 20, 2013 7:43 PM

Oct 2012
Katsuro-chan said:
Haha, then again, such family lineages are rare. Threads like these always pique my curiosity though, its interesting to see how other people would react, even if 60% of them are typically testosteronal responses to try and be a hero ^^. As of reality though, I would uphold tradition and join the Japanese Forces...but the SDF has declined a lot since the days of my Grandfather being (陸軍大佐) or a Colonel in modern terms :I. Dammit America for the dismantling (no offense) C:

Plus, I've already hit off a started animation career with a company, so it would be difficult to readjust priorities >.>. Nice to meet you by the way ^^.

Same here and good luck with animation! And there's no offense taken about the SDF comment. I actually agree for the most part. While the SDF is an ideal I'd like to see other nations strive towards, Japan is too dependent on the US for military support. You can see this portrayed in countless anime where the create laments this very fact.

Back on topic, I want to serve in the Scouting Legion for a similar reason. I want to serve so that others don't have to. So that my loved ones will never know the fear that the Titans can bring. I guess a synonym for it would be "honor." Edit: I forgot to mention that honor is why I currently serve in the military. Kind of explains other things that I said in this thread.
NickyCharismaAug 20, 2013 7:49 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.