Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 27, 2013 11:43 AM

Jan 2008
shigeru212 said:
It seems like most of the people commenting here have the played the games.

I was shocked that they are on Amazon and that they are available for PS3. I thought they would be PC only, so I wasn't too interested.

So which one is the best for a beginner to the franchise. I'm thinking of getting the third one, as long as it isn't too confusing and buying the first two later if I like it.

Amazon has a lot of positive reviews about the game mechanics. How are they like? I like other JRPG's like Mario RPG and the Legend of the Seven Stars, Paper Mario, and all the Pokemon games.

I'm wondering is these games is any good. I'm kinda shocked and excited it's available for PS3.

Neptunia games are PS3 only, with one game just released for the Vita and with the first game also planned to be almost completely revamped and remade onto the Vita as well.

If you have a Vita, just play Mk2 (2nd game) and Victory (3rd game). Wait for the remake as the first game for the PS3 was horrendous. NISA will probably bring it over once it's out.

The battle system for Mk2 and Victory is a poor imitation of Eternal Sonata. Overall the battle system is extremely poor and all of them extremely easy. What makes the game so enjoyable are the characters. Story-wise it's nothing amazing. Because it's Compile Heart game, expect tons of recycled material.
Jul 27, 2013 11:52 AM

Jun 2012
Paul said:
shigeru212 said:

I was shocked that they are on Amazon and that they are available for PS3. I thought they would be PC only, so I wasn't too interested.

So which one is the best for a beginner to the franchise. I'm thinking of getting the third one, as long as it isn't too confusing and buying the first two later if I like it.

Amazon has a lot of positive reviews about the game mechanics. How are they like? I like other JRPG's like Mario RPG and the Legend of the Seven Stars, Paper Mario, and all the Pokemon games.

I'm wondering is these games is any good. I'm kinda shocked and excited it's available for PS3.

Neptunia games are PS3 only, with one game just released for the Vita and with the first game also planned to be almost completely revamped and remade onto the Vita as well.

If you have a Vita, just play Mk2 (2nd game) and Victory (3rd game). Wait for the remake as the first game for the PS3 was horrendous. NISA will probably bring it over once it's out.

The battle system for Mk2 and Victory is a poor imitation of Eternal Sonata. Overall the battle system is extremely poor and all of them extremely easy. What makes the game so enjoyable are the characters. Story-wise it's nothing amazing. Because it's Compile Heart game, expect tons of recycled material.

I don't have Vita, so I'll probably go for Victory for PS3. Anyway, is there Japanese audio with subtitles or is the English dub the only choice?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 27, 2013 11:53 AM

Jan 2008
shigeru212 said:
Paul said:
shigeru212 said:

I don't have Vita, so I'll probably go for Victory for PS3. Anyway, is there Japanese audio with subtitles or is the English dub the only choice?

Just about every NISA game will always have dual audio. So yes you can play with the Japanese audio.
Jul 27, 2013 11:56 AM

May 2012
shigeru212 said:
Paul said:
shigeru212 said:

I would strongly suggest playing Mk2 before Victory. As Victory is a direct sequel to Mk2. It can be played alone, but you'll miss out on a lot.
Jul 27, 2013 12:21 PM

Mar 2010
That was some bind you got there. Haha.
Jul 27, 2013 1:13 PM
Oct 2012
shigeru212 said:

Just play mk2 and Victory unless you really want to try the first game. The first game contained too many RPG cardinal sins for me to recommend it to anybody. I'll play the remake on Vita if it gets localized, but until then, stay FAR AWAY from the first game.
mk2 and Victory share the same kind of battle system and the two of them are tied together. So play mk2 before Victory. And then laugh when you see how many times they reference the games in this anime.
Jul 27, 2013 2:09 PM

Apr 2010
Didn't like the start better said i was annoyed with it i usually skip scenes like that with a character on stage singing but figured something importuned would happen.
So watched it without my headset no sound the thing that did happen was the mouse finding the plus thingy.

Luckily after that everything turned normal and enjoyable again seeing Vert playing MMO's was funny.
The scene with Compa picking up the mouse and helping him was funny and didn't really indicate something good.
The island being a trap indicates that the little sisters or most likely the focus of this anime seeing as this is based on a game that's also the obvious choice.
You never start it with the strongest character in a game you always have to level them first since the little sisters aren't fully grown yet they make the best choice as main characters.
I didn't play the game and i could be completely wrong tho.

On a side note the cables the goddesses where captured with where controller cables looking at the end of those cables.
Jul 27, 2013 2:27 PM

Nov 2012
seriously XD their megami form is really hot XD especially for neptune XD

btw.. about the beginning 5pb.. the concert is great! XD
and then about the mouse..
facepalm

Stark700 said:
I was not ready for this:

Kawaii/5.

oh God no....~~ XD

btw this picture,, XD why fanservice in this anime is about "raped" *lolXD* or something like that? XD

symbv said:

woho! XD

and.. never thought if vert is an otaku XD
Jul 27, 2013 3:25 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome. Guaranteed fanservice in each episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 3:46 PM

Oct 2012
5pb is so god damn ugly due to that ugly mole ruining the symmetry of her face.

Edit: And I'm pirating her Dimension Tripper.
PizuyaJul 27, 2013 4:08 PM

^ Why isn't this updating...
Jul 27, 2013 4:02 PM

May 2008
http://i.imgur.com/vYpO6Xm.png
Gintama reference, haha!
Jul 27, 2013 4:35 PM

Oct 2008
As I'm not playing any Neptunia games (I don't really like console), the moment I watch 5pb opening performance from this episode I instantly fall in love with the song :D

And when I heard the first Neptunia game op song might be better compare to this song, oh no~ XD
Jul 27, 2013 4:45 PM
Oct 2012
shadowzephyr said:
As I'm not playing any Neptunia games (I don't really like console), the moment I watch 5pb opening performance from this episode I instantly fall in love with the song :D

And when I heard the first Neptunia game op song might be better compare to this song, oh no~ XD
mk2's opening song (the song 5pb. sang in this episode) is still my favourite song in the series.

MelbShaw said:
Awesome. Guaranteed fanservice in each episode.
Pretty much. Since there's so much of it in the games, I'm not surprised at all.
Jul 27, 2013 5:03 PM

Oct 2008
Smashking said:
mk2's opening song (the song 5pb. sang in this episode) is still my favourite song in the series.

Yeah from mk2, I know. Thanks. :) Just now I'm repeating the full op mk2 song, after this I'll proceed with Neptunia first game op. I might end up love both. Haha :D

Is Neptunia Victory game op the same one with this anime?
shadowzephyrJul 27, 2013 5:06 PM
Jul 27, 2013 5:12 PM
Oct 2012
shadowzephyr said:
Smashking said:

Yeah from mk2, I know. Thanks. :) Just now I'm repeating the full op mk2 song, after this I'll proceed with Neptunia first game op. I might end up love both. Haha :D

Is Neptunia Victory game op the same one with this anime?
No, Victory's OP is different. As far as I know, they haven't played Victory's OP yet. But there's still 9 episodes to go so I'm going to bet it will show up at some point.
Jul 27, 2013 5:30 PM

Oct 2008
Smashking said:
No, Victory's OP is different. As far as I know, they haven't played Victory's OP yet. But there's still 9 episodes to go so I'm going to bet it will show up at some point.

Ah, I see. Thanks again.

By the way, I agree with you mk2 op is much better! It's more catchy compare to the first one. :) Well, everyone has a different taste.
Jul 27, 2013 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
5PB is really hot *-*
The Kinect reference was funny and fanservice fanservice fanservice! xD
Jul 27, 2013 7:12 PM

Feb 2013
5/5, So much...so much...

Jul 27, 2013 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
Well that was alright.
3.5/5
Jul 27, 2013 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
Aaaand I'm done with it. In the end, it still couldn't retain my interest. Perhaps I'll pick it back up when it's finished.
Jul 28, 2013 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
symbv said:
From Japanese forum I read, there are a lot more references about the game than what have been mentioned here so far, or even compared to previous episodes, but since I have not played the game I don't know what they are....

Anyway, all the 4 queens get entangled ?!? Fan service galore !!

THAT TENTACLE RAPE!
Jul 28, 2013 6:41 AM

May 2010
that song in the beginning... I loved it so much!

Great episode. I am starting to appreciate Neptune. Vert has such a unexpected side to her, makes her great.
Jul 28, 2013 6:55 AM

Jul 2010
Dem cords! Can't pass on the chance of using something that resembles tentacles now can we? The goddesses are practically naked anyway!

Hmm, I wonder if Nepgear can do something about the status quo.

Jul 28, 2013 10:45 AM

Sep 2011
Bored as hell. Dropped.
Jul 28, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2010
So many references to MkII now I just hope Nepgear and the other Candidates will be able to transform and save them.
Jul 28, 2013 2:08 PM

Jan 2008
That is wired in the first episode Noire hit the one of the anticrystals in the cave n she changed back almost right away but they still havent in this episode, Maybe Nepgear will be transforming in the next ep hope so would like to see it. Can wait for the next episode.

also BTW, I like 5pb's song
Jul 29, 2013 12:06 AM
Jun 2013
Despite the bondage fan service, it's nice to see the witch villain taking some action. I guess this will be the time when the 4 girls will have to work together in order to get free.
Jul 29, 2013 12:21 AM
Oct 2012
Atemues said:
Despite the bondage fan service, it's nice to see the witch villain taking some action. I guess this will be the time when the 4 girls will have to work together in order to get free.
No, the 4 of them are done. Just like the games, there's no escape for them. It will be up to the younger sisters to rescue them.
Jul 29, 2013 1:58 AM
Feb 2011
Has anyone uploaded the ending video for this episode anywhere yet?
Jul 29, 2013 2:37 AM

May 2013
Pretty much a fan service episode, that ending lol, how is this rated PG 13, not that I'm complaining :D
Jul 29, 2013 4:27 AM

Aug 2012
The ED should've been like this.

They made this on mk2 but was only shown on Victory.
Jul 30, 2013 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
Very nice. Glad to see some quality plot developing in this episode. The danger is heating up and I can't wait to watch more.
Jul 31, 2013 9:30 PM
Oct 2012
Here's all the references that I noticed in this episode:

http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=736061
Aug 1, 2013 1:12 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
From Japanese forum I read, there are a lot more references about the game than what have been mentioned here so far, or even compared to previous episodes, but since I have not played the game I don't know what they are....

Anyway, all the 4 queens get entangled ?!? Fan service galore !!

ive seen enough japanese "videos" to know where this is going... lol nayone else?? anyone? just me... ok

Aug 1, 2013 3:39 AM

May 2011
5pb-san? IF-san? Oi oi, isn’t this a bit too much for a reference? :D Hahaha, I really want to play the games now. Since the second one is digital on PSN, would you guys recommend it as a god starting point? I heard it’s better than the first one, so I was thinking about getting it... is it worth it, without playing the first?

All the girls continue to be cute and badass at the same time. Transformed Neptune is the best. And Nintendo-san is just al around badass, though I forgot her name.
Aug 1, 2013 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
>FYI, this isn't stealth marketing! This is blatant marketing!

lol
Aug 1, 2013 12:35 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode also If-chan with a gun was awesome can't wait to see how they will deal with these entangling pose.
Aug 1, 2013 1:25 PM

Feb 2010
Vokoca said:
5pb-san? IF-san? Oi oi, isn’t this a bit too much for a reference? :D Hahaha, I really want to play the games now. Since the second one is digital on PSN, would you guys recommend it as a god starting point? I heard it’s better than the first one, so I was thinking about getting it... is it worth it, without playing the first?

All the girls continue to be cute and badass at the same time. Transformed Neptune is the best. And Nintendo-san is just al around badass, though I forgot her name.

Yes, Mk 2 would be a good starting point. Tho I still love the first game, I wouldn't recommend it. U can think about playing it after the mk2 n victory or go for vita.
Aug 1, 2013 7:20 PM

Apr 2013
Nepgear!!!
Aug 1, 2013 10:28 PM
Oct 2012
Vokoca said:

Yeah, start with mk2. You aren't missing much if you skip the first game. You just miss the chance to really get to know the 4 goddesses. As a result, you may get more attached to the younger sisters instead (like I did) since they take up the starring role in mk2 and just like they will in the next episode.
Aug 2, 2013 11:16 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. All of the goddesses? CPU are trapped in that triangular prism... Now that is interesting. I wonder if Nepgear will transform next ep?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2013 8:15 PM

Mar 2013
I seriously hope mk2 and V are better. The anime is a little boring and only Green Heart is keeping me interested in it.
Aug 12, 2013 10:50 AM

May 2011
Absolutely loved that song in the beginning. Or well I love pretty much every song I've heard involving this franchise.

Oh mann Vert's gamer side looks great. Lol at that blatant advertising at the end. And woahhh ho ho at the situation the four goddesses are in now.
ZeroZxAug 12, 2013 10:54 AM
Aug 26, 2013 6:45 AM

Jun 2011
They never fail to insert all kind of fanservices
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 15, 2013 1:02 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice development and an interesting ending but fosho this ain't PG-13
Jan 4, 2014 7:08 AM

May 2013
Thank you 5pb for singing the OP. I love the ED so much.

So in this episode, we get Gamer Vert and Maid Noire.
Dat Kinect reference.

I now hate Mr. Mouse, but I have to agree that Compa is indeed an angel.

I miss the Goddesses' transformation sequences. But maybe I'll get another one soon.
Aaaaand they are captured. By tentacles. I mean wires. That act like tentacles.
I'm guessing it's up to Nepgear to save the Goddesses from the Anticrystal thingy.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 6, 2014 4:03 AM
May 2012
Fanservice is really awesome :3

Let's see what will happen!!!!!
Jan 26, 2014 10:15 PM

Sep 2011
Awesome new ED!
May 31, 2014 9:00 PM

Mar 2014
Ah, I see what they did there... putting the Mk2 opening song there, granted the anime pretty much is Mk2 from what I've watched so far. Also, IF has a gun... I thought her sleeves were too big.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

64 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 30, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2013

139 by Fox_Pilled »»
May 10, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2013

98 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 15, 2023 1:34 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

100 by LavaLach »»
Jan 18, 2023 4:48 AM

Poll: » Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

76 by TRAhmet23 »»
Aug 29, 2022 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.