Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2007 3:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was an okay episode, nothing stood out but I wasn't really bored either. I liked the way they told the story of Honami and the President when they were kids, and the humor of the last scene at school was quite nice - need more of that.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 15, 2007 3:55 AM

Jul 2007
her lil magic hat pointer was cute...but yeah...was ok
[center]
Oct 15, 2007 4:22 AM

Jun 2007
Well,it was ok....but ,dont know y,i feel irritated when i see the coward president face,esspecially when Mathers force him to sign..
Oct 15, 2007 5:55 AM

Feb 2007
I'll have to agree with Cyruz on this one. This show needs more humor. But I like the notes after the ED. I hope that continues. Makes you feel like your studying the magic, just like Itsuki.
BlueYoshiOct 15, 2007 5:58 AM
Oct 15, 2007 7:43 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I was a little confused... it's obvious this episode takes place before the first episode, and probably would be a good first episode for the series. So was the first episode supposed to be a random introduction to the series?

Liked the back story on how he got his eye (would like to know what it is, since it really seemed to help in the last episode) and starting to see some relationships between the characters. Being a job service, this has the potential to turn into a monster of the week show, and I really hope it doesn't. The guy putting the notes at the end is awesome, and I'd hate his effort to go towards a crappy show.

Still see lots of potential - I like the art and definitely all the occult ... just hope it picks up some, and if it stays monster of the week, turns it more into how Ghost Hunt did it (only with a more conclusive ending)
Oct 15, 2007 10:53 AM

Aug 2007
^ Exactly what I was thinking - it seems a weird decision to air that first episode instead of this one, it would have been a better introduction, maybe they just wanted to put a bit of action into the first episode
Oct 15, 2007 1:30 PM

Jun 2007
Hints at potential without ever really going anywhere. Watched more out of curiosity than entertainment. Show still can't make up its own mind, but I'll hang with it a little longer.

And I want that thing Addy hitches a ride on all the time.
Oct 15, 2007 1:52 PM

May 2007
If this was the first episode, it would be so bland. It's like Fullmetal Alchemist - start the character off with good reputation and then tell the story from beginning as we progress to the later episodes up to some point later. The puzzle pieces are connecting.

This was an OK episode. It needs more Mikan.
Oct 15, 2007 3:53 PM

Sep 2007
No offense to anyone, but I don't see how people can like an anime like this. Shakugan no Shana II is so much better, but at my anime club, our members would probably vote to watch Rental Magica instead. Then again, half our members are girls, but I don't know if that means anything.

This anime needs more cats. Lol. That's half the reason I wanted to watch it. :D

Oct 15, 2007 4:12 PM

May 2007
This animu needs more Mikan goodness~
Oct 15, 2007 5:05 PM

Jul 2007
I agree with ZoiQ, needs more Mikan goodness

Ep was alright. Confused me at first because of the last episode but other then that it had some good back story in it. I still see a lot of potential in this, I just hope it picks up soon (getting rather bored with it right now).
Oct 15, 2007 7:33 PM

Sep 2007
Mk200114 said:
No offense to anyone, but I don't see how people can like an anime like this. Shakugan no Shana II is so much better, but at my anime club, our members would probably vote to watch Rental Magica instead. Then again, half our members are girls, but I don't know if that means anything.

No one's trying to compare this with Shakugan. I don't know where you're getting that from.

Another okay episode. For a moment I was confused because I thought we'd met Addie already but then I realized it happened before episode 1. One thing that stood out to me while watching this is that Icchan's yells and screams are pretty funny to listen to xD
Oct 15, 2007 7:49 PM

Aug 2007
yeah confused at first like everyone else. it was ok. I'll see if this series goes anywhere
Oct 15, 2007 7:53 PM

Sep 2007
Does anyone else think it was not just a coincidence that they started airing it in October?

AirStriker said:
No one's trying to compare this with Shakugan. I don't know where you're getting that from.
I'm watching that and Clannad right now, so that's how I brought it up. ^^;
Nek0Oct 15, 2007 7:56 PM

Oct 15, 2007 8:04 PM

Sep 2007
Mk200114 said:
Does anyone else think it was not just a coincidence that they started airing it in October?

AirStriker said:
I'm watching that and Clannad right now, so that's how I brought it up. ^^;

Ohh, I see :) But I can see your point. I would rather watch Shakugan instead of Rental. I would even watch Clannad instead of this too and I don't really like harems heh
Oct 16, 2007 10:30 AM

Jun 2007
It was pretty good. The back story on his eye was interesting. I just hope we learn more about his father soon.
Oct 17, 2007 5:49 PM

Nov 2006
YAWN. And Nekodljf;ldjfwhatever is too stupid too pair up with Icchan. What's a girl gonna do?

I hate all the girls in this show. Whiners and showoffs. Mikan excluded, though I think she's getting a bit too much attention.

Guess I'll continue it until they explain Icchan's eye. I like his seiyuu too so that's a plus. Lelouch sounding wimpy? Sounds good to me!
Oct 17, 2007 8:25 PM

Oct 2007
windy said:
Lelouch sounding wimpy? Sounds good to me!

I could have died laughing right there. <3 Lelouch and his slight insane-ness.

Anywho, more interesting episode than the first. I'm curious about Itsuki's eye as well, and I liked the flashback in general. I didn't think it was all too confusing, and the whole thing held my interest well enough.
Oct 17, 2007 10:00 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Did anybody notice that his eye was already a different color BEFORE it was possessed or whatever? ... is there a reason for this? Maybe he has some magic after all? :O
Oct 20, 2007 1:35 PM
May 2007
Pretty boring, imo. D:
It was a pain to watch the entire episode.
Maybe i'll watch next one. or not
a
Oct 20, 2007 3:14 PM

Jun 2007
Kiriyuu said:
Pretty boring, imo. D:
It was a pain to watch the entire episode.
Maybe i'll watch next one. or not

same here...
Oct 20, 2007 5:18 PM

Jun 2007
really, not an exciting episode, but it wasnt really that bad. better than the first imo
i am gonna keep watching this out of boredomness... interesting story about his eye, and i dont like that girl with glasses ( i dont remember her name, since its only been two eps, i dont really care =P) she's too...urrr....idunno, whiny? :P
Oct 22, 2007 5:52 PM

Oct 2007
This was the 1º ep, they only started with that ep to show more action and 'trying' to addict ppl to the Anime. As for now I think of it as a waste os time... the ep was OK, but the magic lacks consistense, I don't like the main chars. [Ohh and I think that the 'fish' flying around with the water effects it's pretty lame =X].

I'm gonna see the ep 3 tomorrow because I've already downloaded it and give it a chance, then .. I'll probably drop it =X

[Till now I think I watched all kinds of anime, recently I'm starting to be more critic about it, well, I guess that's good ^^;;]
Oct 25, 2007 6:20 PM

Oct 2007
This series seems to have a lot of potential, it's just getting off to a slow start.

Tokyo Majin got off to a slow start and it ended up being one of my favorite shows of the year.
Mar 6, 2008 8:12 AM

Jan 2008
It was a good episode, I've seen better, but it wasn't bad... Though, they screamed A LOT in the episode, which got very annoying!
May 21, 2008 3:55 AM

Apr 2007
Lets just show the same flashback around 5 times in one episode shall we.

Meh. It was alright. I may watch more episodes or not, but its still on my dropped list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2010 10:56 AM
Feb 2010
Does anyone feel that in the near-end of ep 1 the president of Gxxxx company seems to be already in the class then in ep 2 it seems like they never met? Plus isn't Iba's red eye pierced in the 1st ep? Plus they didn't exactly what made his eye hurt.

Lol so many qn marks... will be put on hold atm.
Jul 13, 2010 1:04 AM

May 2008
Iriya said:
Mk200114 said:

Ohh, I see :) But I can see your point. I would rather watch Shakugan instead of Rental. I would even watch Clannad instead of this too and I don't really like harems heh

Harem? First season, I can see that... but really it's much much more than a simple harem, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, meh episode. They better have a good reason for not explaining the eye yet. Also the entire universe is a bit confusing. They need some just school/Astral headquarters eps so we can see what's going on.
Jun 13, 2014 5:58 AM

May 2012
Following the Chronological order things still are a bit weird... it was an okay episode I guess.
Apr 24, 1:55 AM
Oct 2019
it was an okay backstory with protagonist and honami past. The story is confusing with the rental magician firm.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 22 Discussion

PimpToad - Mar 9, 2008

31 by Estefan »»
Sep 24, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 13 Discussion

PimpToad - Jan 6, 2008

22 by Estefan »»
Sep 19, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 5 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 4, 2007

21 by Cero98 »»
Apr 27, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 4 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 28, 2007

24 by Cero98 »»
Apr 27, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 3 Discussion

eppyomega - Oct 21, 2007

23 by Cero98 »»
Apr 24, 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.