Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2013 6:07 PM

Feb 2012
This can't possibly just end here. Waiting for a sequel :)
Apr 5, 2013 10:36 PM

Feb 2010
Wow. Fantastic ending!

The ending imagery with Makishima having his arms outstretched, looking upon the night sky... that was something else.

Brilliant way to end each character's arc....

9/10.

give me that sequel.
Apr 7, 2013 2:27 PM
Mar 2013
the episode overall was decent enough although i expected it like this, im not surprised at all. Too bad the second season is not out yet

we're waiting it!
Apr 10, 2013 12:14 AM

Apr 2010
Someone please correct me if i wrong.

Yayoi and Shion are Lesbian?
Apr 10, 2013 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
Tamura said:

Noo.... They were just playing doctor naked.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Apr 10, 2013 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
What a crappy cliff hanger to end such an amazing series!

No end of Sybil and the chief bitch.
No news of Kougami.
No Akane x Kougami.

Disappointing ending, very disappointing. But overall. the series deserves a very nice score indeed.

And that text at the end sure made me really hopeful.

And is it me or did Ginoza just turn hot.
Apr 10, 2013 2:28 PM

Jun 2007
k0k0 said:
What a crappy cliff hanger to end such an amazing series!

No end of Sybil and the chief bitch.
No news of Kougami.
No Akane x Kougami.

Disappointing ending, very disappointing. But overall. the series deserves a very nice score indeed.

And that text at the end sure made me really hopeful.

And is it me or did Ginoza just turn hot.

What cliffhanger are you talking about?

Akane x Kogami is you shipping them, it's nothing remotely canonical or even implied in the show - there's never a single sign of her interested romantically in him.

We do see Kogami on a boat at the end - implying he's leaving the country (Sibyl is only in Japan, if he fled to America or EU or anywhere else he'd be fine) or hiding out in the sea.

Sybil and the chief are both a good and a bad thing - Akane makes the right decision in protecting Sibyl because it's doing exactly what it says; providing the most happiness for the most amount of people in history. Destroying such an important system that is in every aspect of life without another system already in place is pretty much putting everyone into hell by your own hands - a very stupid decision, and you could even say an evil one.

The ENTIRE POINT OF THE SHOW is that there is no clear 'bad' or 'good' guy at all or "right" or "wrong" decisions to make - Makishima is good and bad, Sibyl is good and bad, even Akane is good and bad - it's all a matter of your personal views and beliefs. Akane decides, smartly, that for now the best bet for the Japanese is to keep the system in place and protect the way things work as of now - until a better method comes to light (which, if there was one, Sibyl would already have been using it - so it may be awhile). You agree with Makishima that Sibyl needs to be stopped, that doesn't make this a cliffhanger - the fact Akane makes the realistic choice just made this a better show for it and provided a solid conclusion that FIT THE CHARACTER.

Akane destroying the Sibyl system wouldn't fit the character she's been written as the rest of the show and would have both subsequently ruined her AND the show.

If you didn't understand the entire point of the show, that's fine - but don't claim it was a cliffhanger just because it was 2deep4u.
TallonKarrde23Apr 10, 2013 2:31 PM
Apr 10, 2013 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
And hereee we go, die-hard fans ready to oppose any disagreeing fellows.

Yes, I'm shipping them. I wanted them. I expected it. Let's get on.

Yeah, we see him, but it was just a glance and we can't really reach any solid deductions through that. For all you know, he's into hiding thanks to that contract about him and Makishima sharing the death tier. Or maybe he's just retired. But we don't know exactly WHAT it is. I expected him to remain in contact with the Bureau.

But Akane states herself- it's quite a nonsensical idea to have murderers and lethal criminals themselves ruling over the laws and regulations of the country. Not to mention that acceptance on the part of Public seemed almost non-existent and Akane comments that such a justice system would not last for eternity.

The entire point of the show IMHO was that Sybil, too is faulty. People are judged based on a number which deduces the probability of their action which can lead to crime. When, in fact, it things should be perceived based on the will of a person. Everyone has evil thoughts and the system is quite flawed in this manner. Crime still persisted. People like Makishima still pop up.

Now, for what I REALLY want to say:
This is a show, man. I expected certain things out of it based on my own tastes and if the criteria isn't met, I'm a little disappointed but I'm not dissing the show - on the contrary, it has been a very thrilling ride as also proved by my score of 9. I enjoyed it but it still wasn't perfect by MY definition. Don't go saying 'the show can't follow your mental imagery' and stuffs - I've been fortunate to come across shows which have done exactly just that, so naturally, my standards are higher than usual.
I (and most of the people here) just saw this series for pure entertainment purposes. We had comments to pass about it and lack of things we had to state about it and share that what, IN OUR OPINION, would've made the series better for US.
I understood the series perfectly well, thank you. Comprehension and expectation are different things so don't push your review of this on me. You have your opinions about it and if the ending was satisfying for you - good for you, Sir, but I refuse to further argue with you on this matter.

None of this nullifies the fact that Psycho-Pass is an incredible anime, but clearly, my definition of a cliff-hanger and yours differ. Live with it.
Apr 10, 2013 2:47 PM

Jun 2007
k0k0 said:
And hereee we go, die-hard fans ready to oppose any disagreeing fellows.
Clearly, my definition of a cliff-hanger and yours differ. Live with it.

cliff·hang·er
/ˈklifˌhaNGər/
Noun

An ending to an episode of a serial drama that leaves the audience in suspense.

A cliff hanger is something that does not give closure to a story - the story is given 100% closure here. You're objectively and factually wrong - don't pull "B-B-B-BUT MUH OPINIONS" as if that's relevant when discussing a fact. People like you exist everywhere, and I really wish you guys would learn that there is a difference between you being wrong and you being opposed. Your opinion is irrelevant to whether or not it's a cliffhanger - if YOU use the term incorrectly that's your ignorance, not your opinion.

I'm not 'opposing' you - I'm telling you there is factually not a cliffhanger. I didn't say you can't have an opinion on the ending, I just said don't misuse a term. The entire story and cast is given closure, which, by definition, makes you wrong. You can't claim there was 'no closure for my OTP' because this isn't something that existed in the first place - a cliffhanger means there are no loose ends, everyone has their relevant current stories concluded; not "but something I wanted to see didn't happen". That's simply "i wanted this to happen I'm sad it didn't" - you are factually wrong by claiming THAT makes the ending a cliffhanger.

I never once said the ending isn't "disappointing" to you - I said "don't call it a cliffhanger". You can feel like the ending let you down, but the fact it provided closure for every line of the story isn't up for debate and so neither is it not being a cliffhanger.
TallonKarrde23Apr 10, 2013 2:53 PM
Apr 11, 2013 3:49 AM
Sep 2011
I feel like they went schizo with the ending. Like they wanted to end the series with this episode but at the last minute someone up high said dont wrap everything up so we have stuff for season 2 and the writing staff didnt have the room to back themselves out of that final confrontation.

They went and killed off the most interesting character in the show who was the cause of almost every crime but then didnt wrap things up with sybil. If there is no season 2 than its a half finished ending which is bad but if they make a season 2 it will terrible without makishima and the majority of the enforcers. It would essentially be a new cast with some appearances from the first season like they have done in several gundams.

Would it really have been too much for them to just have akane chuck her last pulse grenade into the sybil system at the end and then maybe put in some scenes or use forum posts like earlier to show how japan handled it.

I find myself feeling familiar disappointment where a show i think is amazing has a poor ending. At least it had the correct resolution to makishima and kogami.
(placeholder sig)
Apr 11, 2013 7:01 AM

Nov 2009
And this is another example of how people still continue to think the ending is open, that there are still stuff left to be resolved. Subjectivism and expectations wins over objectivity.

*has lost faith in humanity*
Apr 12, 2013 7:00 AM

Feb 2013
In my opinion they should have left the last 6 episodes out and make another season focusing more on the characters background,how the system was established,how the transition between the former way of living and the one the showed in the anime was etc... Personally i would have loved to know more from kougami´s past he was such a badass character, you do not find such cool characters nowadays.

I felt as if the end was a bit rushed(found it curious that the anime had only 22 chapters and not 24-26 as it normally is),nonetheless it was correct for me.As for the art style i have to say that it was gorgeous.The 3D effects were great due to the "serious art style" the characters looked really adult and were really detailled.

One fact i want to mention is that i tried not to marathon this series.I really tried to enjoy every episode given that the series was more "adult" oriented.
A final thought:I hated akane´s correctness sooooooo much that it made me sick at some points,nevertheless kougami was there to save the day

I would give the series between 8.2 and 8.4.

Apr 12, 2013 11:06 AM

Jun 2008
I felt the ending to this series was weak. There's a lot that was either not resolved, swept aside, or done poorly. All in all I really enjoyed the whole show, and I hope that a season 2 happens to help tie some things up and maybe redeem parts of the conclusion.
Apr 13, 2013 3:24 PM
Apr 2013
I think the series would generate a lot of Season 2 value if Akane turned out to be asymptomatic.

When Shougo himself points to her and states; "I see.. you are.."
Could this be a hint that he, himself, knew that she was like him? I'll put it as a possibly because during the Image Scooping done to her, her CC rose significantly but dropped instantly afterwards. This would also explain Sybil's interest in her as well. inb4 Akane brain in system. Season 2?

Another thing that can generate value was the presence of Saiga in the office during the credits. Was he caught and captured? Didn't look like he was restrained. So if not... is he a part of a bigger system? Possibly a creator of the system?

About the ending.. 8/10. I was expecting Shougo to best Kougami in the fight, him on top with his knife, and with Akane there, only armed with the revolver, shoots Shougo. I still feel it should've turned out this way as the ending is still anti-climatic otherwise.
Apr 13, 2013 6:27 PM
Nov 2011
THAT LESBIAN BED SCENE TOWARDS THE END THO..........
LOL I KNEW IT YAYOI WAS LESBIAN OH MYD GFOSNMZX
YAYOI WAS MY FAVORITE
MAKISHIMA AND KOGAMI ARE MY IDEAL MEN TBH OH MFG
I FUQING LOVE PSYCHO-PASS OFH MYDGO
Apr 13, 2013 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
... and the cycle starts again with new Inspector just like Akane...I'm ready for a second season!

These last few episodes were just so damn awesome after Makishima escaped from the VTOL!

9/10

Also that mechanical laughter at Akanes conviction for humanity was awesome!
lanfireApr 13, 2013 9:41 PM
Apr 14, 2013 3:32 AM
Jul 2018

RIP Makishima Shogo.
Shion and Yayoi in a relationship?
9/10
Apr 14, 2013 3:47 AM

Nov 2012
well if there's season 2 I don't need the new inspector. Still with Akane and Kougami please. And I hope new villain can match to Makishima's charisma.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Apr 14, 2013 9:22 AM
Sep 2011
AnimageNeby said:
(btw; when he had that talk on the airship with the cyberwoman/guy, he was shown the vid-recording of it...so why the heck didn't he take it with him and exposed it through the Net or some other means??)

That's how the anime should have ended.

Makishima uploads stuff on the web. Anarchy. gg SiByl.
Apr 15, 2013 8:29 PM

Jul 2012
deave112 said:
They should have ended the story of Makishima in episode 16.

It had the perfect ending.

+1
Apr 15, 2013 8:44 PM

Jul 2012
Meh, it was nice show but I wouldn't rush for another season anytime soon.
Apr 18, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2011
Finally got around to watching this. And I enjoyed it all in all.

But the ending was so meh. I was expecting some twist, some clever spin by Akane which would turn it all on its head. But nope,

Kogami finally killed him and disappears.

The ending just seemed lacking for me.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 18, 2013 1:10 PM
Mar 2012
This anime made me feel bad for rooting for the good guy.
Makishima was the only character in this anime that made sense, the rest either lived in apathy or chose safety over freedom. It's not that the ending was bad, it's just that the antagonist won and the protagonist lost. Kougami was blinded by revenge and his childish sense of justice, a static character all through the show. Akane was just naive.

"On day, someone will come to this room and turn off the power." - No they won't, you stoped the people who tried to do exactly this, now noone is left to do it. Freakin' moron.
Apr 20, 2013 12:09 PM
May 2009
I have a question if somebody knows why Makishima didn't kill Akane when he had an opportunity?
Apr 20, 2013 1:59 PM

Sep 2011
Num1dad_Asura said:
Tamura said:

Noo.... They were just playing doctor naked.

LOL
Apr 20, 2013 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
Amazing series and I'm glad i decided to marathon it, for some reason watching this show every week made it less enjoyable but once I had all of the episodes together i couldn't stop watching them. The character i enjoyed the most is definitively Makishima especially that last scene with him holding out his hands looking up at the night sky was prefect, The fact that the series played "ode to joy" as a over-song to a murder had me grinning like a fool.

9/10 for the series which i would easily recommend for others to watch.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Apr 20, 2013 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
Liked series as a whole. Sad the gang got all busted up at the end.

Anyone else get the jist that Sybyl kept Akane alive because she was unique like Makishima, that her hue was unaffected by her actions, and they wanted her brain someday? I mean, how high did we ever see it go, 32? Even during things that stressed out others and shot their scores up, she stayed low...

All and all, enjoyed the show, probably would have been better to marathon it, but it kept me coming back every week =D
Apr 24, 2013 9:36 PM

Apr 2011
I gave it a 9/10 for going the lesbian route.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 25, 2013 1:26 AM

Mar 2012
brangien85 said:
I have a question if somebody knows why Makishima didn't kill Akane when he had an opportunity?

The gun was unloaded, so he realized that she stuck to her resolve of not killing him. Remember the episode where she was scared to shoot the shotgun?

If the cycle really continues, Kogami should become to the new Makishima. That would make a nice season 2.
Apr 25, 2013 6:18 AM
May 2012
So the show has already ended.

You know what guys, let me ask you something. I can't believe it has so many loose ends like what happened in ep12! like:-

Wow, what a joke! That episode should've aired as an OVA instead of regular TV shows till it makes me wondering what just happened.

And yes, Kagari will be missed. I thought Kasei is an another villain but now I was wrong. What a rip-off...
JafriZinApr 25, 2013 6:31 AM
Apr 27, 2013 3:06 PM

Oct 2011
Hm.. I did not like the ending. It's kind of stupid to relive the beginning only with changed positions. I didn't really satisfy me. :/

And since I want my Akane x Shinya share, I didn't like it that he disappeared without a word and nothing is heard of him again (yet). I really liked Akane's determination in the last episodes so it's too bad that she couldn't save Shinya, I hope they will meet again in a sequel.

The anime was great with only a few flaws, very nice characters (especially Akane) and a good story and setting.
I really hope for a sequel in which they somehow try to fight the system because it's obviously not justified for the brains there to judge about the people. And since Akane knows the truth, it could be possible to find a way.
Apr 28, 2013 4:30 AM
Dec 2011
I've a question and I'm not sure if someone already have asked, +549 replies so it's like impossible xP .. hehe.

What did Kougami say to Akane at the end of the first episode? I thought it would revealed later!.

Thanks
Apr 28, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
I thought the ending was very strange...

I mean i was hoping that they would destrou Sibyla system....
And yeah i didn't liked the ending...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 1, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2010
Fantastic anime. had a great time watching it. ending was pretty nice too, no complain.

8/10
May 1, 2013 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
The sentence makishima shougo said when he climbed out of the truck was just so awesome.
"I hope you guy would stop insulting us already"
And the backgroundmusic while he said that was just perfect
May 3, 2013 5:38 AM
May 2012
And..... it seems that NO one replies my questions & thoughts whatsoever despite PP has already ended with loose ends everywhere.
JafriZinMay 28, 2013 5:18 AM
May 7, 2013 5:24 PM

Nov 2009
There is no an open ending here. >.>
The villain is dead, Kogami escapes and lives freely, the happiness of people has been saved, the system continues and the Bureau do its job.
It would've been an open ending if the creators' purpose was the destruction of the system. But it was not!

AivanK said:
I thought the ending was very strange...

I mean i was hoping that they would destroy Sibyla system....
And yeah i didn't liked the ending...

This is everyone's biggest problem - expectations, hopes.
Cast them all aside and see the true meaning behind this character-driven anime.

RiukixD said:

I really hope for a sequel in which they somehow try to fight the system because it's obviously not justified for the brains there to judge about the people.

Then who? Other brains but inside a human body? Who? What?
May 10, 2013 11:05 AM
May 2013
Smooched said:
brangien85 said:

The gun was unloaded, so he realized that she stuck to her resolve of not killing him. Remember the episode where she was scared to shoot the shotgun?

Makes sense in that I remembered only seeing 4 shots fired of 5 before Akane had possession of the gun.
But, I recall seeing Kougami emptying the bullet casings as he reloaded. Not sure how many casings fell though.

The real surprizing thing is that before Makishma leaves, as he turns head in the direction of the factory, maybe noticing the approaching Kougami, he drops the gun in front of Akane... or leaves it behind in general ..on purpose? We all know THIS is what killed him in the end.

And than there's this as he said "I see... You are..." had me thinking it was a 'she told him something' kind of expression.
Possibly like she had explained a plan of her hidden intentions towards the Sibyl System that she'd just recently been shown the truth about, along with knowing Kagari's real death. Thus sparing her life and leaving undisappointed then without that malicious intent to further torment Kougami by slaying her.

With this, it's maybe a more promising idea that they'd make a sequel or movie.

Although I find your reasoning really more settling.
She may not had the time or been in a condition to explain anything to him after all. And he just spared her life out of respect for her resolve.
KuponessMay 10, 2013 11:23 AM
May 11, 2013 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
9/10.

Good series. Also, I got attached to the characters except to Akane(Well, kinda) for some reason.

May 11, 2013 7:51 PM
May 2013
I just finished this anime today anybody know if there will be season 2?
May 14, 2013 9:22 AM
May 2012
I wonder what happened to that Blue-haired girl from Ep12 (Yayoi's friend)...

Possibly she's ended up dead or held imprisoned.
May 14, 2013 11:20 PM

Aug 2012
The fuck, why'd they throw in lesbians at the end?
May 20, 2013 10:47 AM
Apr 2012
MudRune said:
The fuck, why'd they throw in lesbians at the end?

> Implying lesbians are a bad thing.
May 20, 2013 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
Did anyone else notice 4 pairs of feet walking off the truck at the end? My question is, who is the 4th Enforcer? Shion deals with the computer forensics aspect so she doesn't actually fight so it can't be her.

Anywho, interesting anime, the only thing that I didn't care for was how the last 4 episodes were rushed. Akane all of sudden becomes a badass for the sake of convenience to wind down the season, the death of her friend and she couldn't do anything resulted in little change of her character, but learning about Sbyl changes everything?. In all honesty I'd like a detective show that seems realistic when they come up with convictions on how to catch criminals, her conclusions came up so fast that it only screamed that the writers were half assing it to fit the time slot for the show. 8/10, but that detail kept me from giving it a 9/10....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 20, 2013 11:30 PM
Feb 2009
fck need to know wht happened to kogami :s
May 21, 2013 11:18 AM

May 2013
Maki shouldn't have died. That is all.
May 22, 2013 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
This is amazing anime. One of my favorites for sure. Lot of things from it is happening in our real world.
The thing I didn't like here is that Kougami killed Makishima. I somehow really hoped he would stay alive for the 2nd season. I consider Makishima a great character. Yes, it's bad he killed many people along the way, but it's unfortunately shown in this world that you cannot change anything without drastic measures.

I don't know why people don't understand what happened to Kougami. I think it's clear that it was him in the last scene that left the room, leaving that book on the table.

I really hope that there will be 2nd season. I think the series yearns for it cause it's left open and Sibyl system has to fall! It will give them a chance to mend some of its flaw and develop the story further. The show still has a lot of potential!
I read at Anime news network that Psycho-Pass director Naoyoshi Shiotani mentioned that that if the show gets enough support, there could be a second season.
Can't wait!!!!!
sorashikaMay 22, 2013 9:27 AM
私の力はあなたの理解を超えています
May 25, 2013 3:18 PM

Jan 2012
Good anime in Overall

May 25, 2013 3:22 PM

May 2013
sorashika said:

Yes, it's bad he killed many people along the way,

No, it's not bad. Yuki totally saw that coming. So did that fat hyperoats man. Everyone deserved their death.

MAKISHIMA HAS NEVER BEEN WRONG.
May 25, 2013 6:56 PM
Nov 2009
Good anime, satisfying ending, marathoning it was definitely an enjoyment. 9/10.

Akane<3 (h8ers gon h8)
Pages (19) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2012

727 by ItsJhonTZ »»
Sep 4, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

neurogal91 - Oct 18, 2012

375 by heydreamer09 »»
Sep 1, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 11, 2012

668 by heydreamer09 »»
Sep 1, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2012

265 by Celestial-Honami »»
Aug 27, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 25, 2012

305 by vinnywizanime »»
Aug 25, 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.