Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 5, 2013 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
Alright, Urobuchi, very funny, now who all's dying next week?
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

May 5, 2013 6:24 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, I'm with Raikenzera here. I know Urobuchi isn't in total control or whatever, but I think this might be a calm before the storm thing...

I mean...

THE NAME OF THE EPISODE IS CALM DAY.
I wrote an API for MAL, written in pure Python.

It wraps around the Official MAL API and improves on it, as well as adding some new features. Check it out!:

May 5, 2013 6:25 PM

Feb 2013
Ugh, this show is utterly trying my patience. Gargantia was once my favorite mecha of the season, and now I've had to demote it to 3rd place. Yes, even MJP is starting to spark my interest more than this show has.

Maybe I'm just not the audience for this show. I didn't come for slice of life hijinks and swim suit episodes. I expected so much from this show from the first few episodes and the last few have just been letting me down. I need something interesting soon, or it will be Gargantia I drop before Majestic Prince, and that's really a sad shame, a travesty really.

I give this episode a 4/10.
May 5, 2013 6:26 PM

Jan 2008
Episode makes me wonder if Hanaharu Naruko will make doujinshis of her own work.
May 5, 2013 6:27 PM

Feb 2012
I love this episode!
I wonder what kind of job suits Ledo.
May 5, 2013 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
This show is quickly starting to disappoint me...It looked promising after the first couple of episodes but so far I was wrong.
2.5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2013 6:42 PM

Jul 2011
tsukigari said:
Episode 1 got me hooked, but it seems every subsequent episode drags down my impression further, now I can barely sit through the 24 minutes.

On top of that, a freakin' beach episode. =_____=

PLOT PLEASE.
May 5, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
How the fuck is this in Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi genre? This show dun tricked me.
May 5, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2011
Citizeninsane said:

Do you judge a show from only one episode?
May 5, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
I enjoyed this episode, but it was just... so aimless!
Fanservice sucks too.
May 5, 2013 7:26 PM

Apr 2013
ainky said:
Citizeninsane said:

Well, it is a lot of fanservice, and a good anime wouldn't do much of that, but I see your point nonetheless.

Also, since Urobuchi said that the anime is supposed to be about teens entering society and the problems they have and so on, think about the following two things I picked up on (there may be more):

1. Ledo has trouble finding a job. Isn't employment always hard to find whenever you bust out of school and try to find a job? DEFINITELY seems like a problem newbies to society would face.

2. Weight and self-image related insecurities. Com'on now. This is obvious. How many teenagers and young adults have trouble with this stuff? A LOT.

Just saying...

It wraps around the Official MAL API and improves on it, as well as adding some new features. Check it out!:

May 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2011
Utagaii said:
ainky said:
Citizeninsane said:

Well, it is a lot of fanservice, and a good anime wouldn't do much of that, but I see your point nonetheless.

Not really.
May 5, 2013 7:36 PM

Apr 2013
ainky said:
Utagaii said:
ainky said:
Citizeninsane said:

Not really.

It would be nice if you actually justified and elaborated on your opinions...

Also, I like your YouTube channel, been looking for a source like that for a while.

May 5, 2013 7:38 PM

Jan 2008
Utagaii said:
ainky said:
Utagaii said:
ainky said:
Citizeninsane said:

Not really.

Also, I like your YouTube channel, been looking for a source like that for a while.

The original character design is done by a hentai mangaka, so it's no surprise to be honest. Heck, I'd be surprise if there wasn't any service.
May 5, 2013 7:51 PM
Jan 2009
Great episode. I'm not a fan of blatant fanservice, but it was tastefully done in this episode and catered to both sexes.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about how there isn't any action. It's pretty evident in what direction this series is going based on the last 3 episodes.

I think this series will end with Ledo facing the difficult decision of either staying on Gargantia or returning to space. Maybe Ledo's space buddies will come down to Earth and destroy everything at the end. Who knows. I'm just enjoying the ride for now.
May 5, 2013 7:53 PM

Jan 2009
mandatory beach episode and

true story

May 5, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2011
Utagaii said:
ainky said:
Utagaii said:
ainky said:
Citizeninsane said:

Not really.

In my opinion, there is not so much fanservice if you compare it with other series and I know a lot of good shows that also have fanservice, but without overdo it ofc.

I'm glad you appreciate my channel, unfortunately I had copyright issues so I'm uploading a just few videos lately .
May 5, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
Spirai said:
The gliders were so cool! I seriously want one of those. How did they work with all that weight on the bottom part though? And there's a motor at the end right? I hope we see more of it and that furry adorable pet of Amy's =)

And Ledo totally got sexually harassed this episode lol I totally lost it when he was screaming while running up the stairs, "What did I do?! Why me?!!" XD

With today current surfboard tech the base could be pretty light being made from a polyurethane core. Then add something like a small electric motor from something like the gyrocopters going around. Add a light aluminium frame with some nylon parachute fabric and you could get pretty close... aside from people bitching about how unsafe it would be... yadayada cool nontheless

May 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Oct 2011
Whole episode got better as soon as I saw this:

"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
May 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 2011
This episode is so awesome. Probably my favorite so far. And Amy is growing on me, she was so adorable in this episode.

5/5
May 5, 2013 7:58 PM

Aug 2010
Lets say later on there is a threat to Gargantia that needs to be overcome/fought. Don't you first need to show how nice it is there so viewers have an idea just what everyone is fighting for and to actually be invested in the outcome?
May 5, 2013 8:09 PM

Feb 2012
man i can't stop staring at amy's butt crack

...is what i would normally say but i expect better from this anime. this society is lackadaisical and too content with itself and therefore needs one of the following:

1) a grail war
2) witches
3) the sibyl system
4) more of amy's butt crack

okay i lied I actually love amy's butt crack and i'm happy it exists
May 5, 2013 8:24 PM

Jan 2012
ainky said:
Citizeninsane said:

Obviously no? I just expected an entirely different anime, on the basis of the past couple of episodes. I will continue to watch it, but I just want to emphasis I do not like the direction it has been heading. Also, I would think the comment I made would be interpreted as clearly sarcasm, guess not.
May 5, 2013 8:26 PM

Feb 2012
Lumathy said:
And Amy is growing on me, she was so adorable in this episode.

define "adorable," I think we all know what you mean
May 5, 2013 8:31 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, maybe I was just expecting something different, but this anime has devolved into the typical slice of life, mixed with Gen Urobochi's typical shallow masturbatory philosophy about the sustainability of human society. It could be said that this is the set up to some elaborate twist, but aka-chan's bathing suit isn't enough to marry me to its world building. If they wanted make a commentary on community, it would have entertained me more if they did it with a little more objectivity and a little less moe. MC should be drawn into this world even without the posturing of handy plot devices and stiff "meaning of individual contribution to society" exchanges. They should be able to find a way to tell us what they want to convey without handing it over on a silver platter.

I gave Suisei no Gargantia a 7/10 for the second half of its first episode, and the first half of the second. By episode 5 now, it's making it's way into 4/10. It could have been a pointless but charming slice of life like Tamako Market. It could have been a somewhat shallow albeit thrilling mecha action in vein of Psycho-Pass. It can't be both...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 5, 2013 8:40 PM

Feb 2012
/barn that katsucats (oh wait this isn't a game of mafia so forget i said barn and pretend i said agree with)

and to add to that the fish out of water trope can still be executed well despite being so overplayed but here it's just plain hamfisted
May 5, 2013 8:44 PM

Apr 2010
THEY HAVE TRANNIES!!!!!!! RUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!

May 5, 2013 8:45 PM

Feb 2012
Akamitsu said:

now that's just rude and quite entirely uncalled for

i'll just keep staring vacantly at photo stills of amy's butt crack and pretend you didn't say that
May 5, 2013 8:50 PM

Apr 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
Akamitsu said:

now that's just rude and quite entirely uncalled for

i'll just keep staring vacantly at photo stills of amy's butt crack and pretend you didn't say that

Ok.

May 5, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
man i can't stop staring at amy's butt crack

...is what i would normally say but i expect better from this anime. this society is lackadaisical and too content with itself and therefore needs one of the following:

1) a grail war
2) witches
3) the sibyl system
4) more of amy's butt crack

okay i lied I actually love amy's butt crack and i'm happy it exists

Quoted for the butt crack.

There was a lot of service in this episode for the men and the ladies but I think this is all going to add to the trauma when Gen finally starts killing people again. I'm liking it so far to be honest. Amy was especially hawt in this ep, she is really growing on me.
May 5, 2013 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
So this was Suisei no Gargantia's obligatory beach episode eh? Pretty much all the females in bikinis and swimsuits, talk about fanservice. Good thing the fanservice wasn't over the top though. Ledo is desperate to find some work seeing as how he has lived his whole live fighting in space. Lmao @ the transsexuals making Ledo's 'job' even harder and troublesome. Those gliders were so cool! The scene where the water was shooting out from the tower was so beautiful. LOL @ Chamber at the end. He ended up being a barbeque as well haha. I enjoyed this episode, very laid-back and calm.
May 5, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2010
I approve of how everyone seems to love Amy's ass. I wonder what Ledo's thoughs about that were ;D
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 5, 2013 9:37 PM

Jul 2009
ew he came out with lipstick on his mouth
May 5, 2013 9:55 PM

May 2012
soren5556 said:
Despite the fanservice I actually was able to enjoy this episode. It took a break from the serious for some laughs

Episode 4 was just like this one.

I still enjoyed it thought.
May 5, 2013 10:00 PM

Feb 2012
Delicious swimsuits!

Didn't expect Ridget to be so damn fine.
May 5, 2013 10:47 PM

Jul 2012
damn though ledo, that bod
May 5, 2013 10:56 PM
Dec 2012
Wasn't expecting a beach episode. Not disappointed but not pleased either.
May 5, 2013 11:20 PM
Aug 2012
I fricken hate these beach type episodes. Maybe if it was only a side event it could have been an okay episode. I hate seeing anime with good story potential waste an episode on bikini's and boobs.
May 5, 2013 11:27 PM

Apr 2012
And so it has come to the 'beach' episode.
Damn them girls were hot.
Poor ledo having to go through those.....'things'. Anyway good episode kinda like a calm before the storm. To bad this series has no preview tho. would really help alot
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
May 5, 2013 11:43 PM

Oct 2012
Poor Chamber >_<
He's a tool for making bbq party now?

Monde11 said:

Large image:

Poor Ledo X_X
Is it Red/Ledo?
Well, that's society for you XD

GoldenBRS said:
bastek66 said:
Dammit Hisasi

Woa, Amy looks so cute here, but is it just me or?
That swimsuits a bit smaller, I guess?
"Signature removed"
May 5, 2013 11:51 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty calm, and chill episode. Not bad, I still enjoyed it! Hoping they get more in depth into the story. 4/5!
May 6, 2013 12:21 AM

Apr 2011
I'm surprised nobody beat me to this one:

bastek66 said:

May 6, 2013 12:40 AM

May 2010
bastek66 said:
Dammit Hisasi

Wow very sexy indeed
May 6, 2013 12:54 AM
Jun 2009
Honest thoughts:
IMO, this was a normal episode. It felt as if it lost its usual spark. Well, yes, some of the scenes were for entertainment-- like how Ledo was being chased and assaulted by random okama and how Chamber was used as a gargantic frying pan-- hmm, but not all of those scenes seem to fit the anime.
Is it just me or anyone else felt like this? However, this one wasn't that bad of an episode.
May 6, 2013 1:08 AM

Feb 2012
This was a pretty hilarious and laidback episode.
May 6, 2013 1:10 AM

Jan 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
Whole episode got better as soon as I saw this:

LOL!! I agree!! xD

May 6, 2013 1:19 AM

Apr 2013
haha so Gargantia is also into beach episodes eh?
I really like it though :D

omg hot Ledo >///////////////<

I really can't stop laughing in this scene :D
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 6, 2013 2:05 AM
Aug 2012
Hey guys look at the plot in this episode, oh wait there is none.
May 6, 2013 2:28 AM

Nov 2011
LOL, Ledo got molested by those "ladies". Tough job.

May 6, 2013 2:33 AM

Jan 2010
BTW, the preview for eps 6...is that Amy??? Look like she dress up for something..
.......0,0'......*suspend sound* something going happen next......

AoiMizuMay 6, 2013 2:36 AM

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

502 by Titadou »»
Sep 24, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

346 by Titadou »»
Sep 21, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

670 by Titadou »»
Sep 20, 11:57 PM

» Gargantia Season 2 Cancelled

DawnJ - Apr 5, 2015

37 by Drakath_V »»
Sep 16, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2013

424 by Titadou »»
Sep 15, 4:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.