Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 19, 2013 2:52 PM
Feb 2013
Basically it's like watching many anime on television.You watch the first anime,then there is another one,then there's is another one and the next day you
watch them again and you don't get lost... i don't think watching many anime at once is bad,unless you watch 20-30 at once,then it's a little too much.
Apr 20, 2013 9:31 AM
Mar 2013
it's too confusing just finish watching 1 anime and then move on to another
Apr 20, 2013 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
*checks* I'm apparently actively watching ten at the moment, eight of which are currently airing, so just one ep a week. But if all of those were completed anime, I would probably watch them one at a time, unless I got fed up with the characters or the genre at some point.
Apr 20, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
Depends,if there are airing animes I like,it doesnt really matter how many there are if I like them.If its the case of finished airing again it depends if I watch them to kill the time or 'cuz I find them interesting.If I find an anime interesting I'm watching only that anime.I wont watch any other anime untill I finish it and I understood the full of it.
Animes like Highschool of the Dead for instance I like it but there is no hidden things,no puzzle,worth thinking on.Another worths thinking on so if I want to watch it again I stop watching any other anime.Generally there are very few that requires your full attention to understand it along with the characters and the story itself.
FluffyFleshApr 20, 2013 10:42 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 20, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
I can't start another anime right now until I finish one. I've had two of them on hold for so long that when I pick them back up, I'll have to rewatch the previous episodes.
Apr 20, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2012
I watch many at once until I find one that hooks me and stick with it.They're hard to find.Being bored with hyouka and psycho pass for a while and now I started bakuman and I'm loving it.I'll stick with it for all 3 seasons
Apr 20, 2013 12:21 PM

Oct 2012
Lately I've had a bad habit of starting a new anime series when I haven't even finished previous ones, my on-hold list will get large at this rate.
Apr 21, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2010
For shows that are airing I watch whatever is interesting, which can be between 10-18 a week. When it comes to completed shows I'll watch 2-3, 1 episode of each before watching the next, 2 if one of them is longer in length. I also like to chuck in an episode of Gintama every now and then, or even for each round if I'm in the mood to watch it regularly. Slowly finishing it!
Apr 21, 2013 5:02 PM

Dec 2012
I'm actively watching 10 animes atm :p
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Apr 21, 2013 5:15 PM
Apr 2012
I like to watch a ton of currently airing, and about 3-4 from my backlog.
Apr 21, 2013 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
I don't like to go over 5 at once.
Apr 21, 2013 5:31 PM

Apr 2011
I usually watch around 2-3 completed anime, a long running anime I might be behind on, and then airing anime. Usually adds up to around 10-12. That is nothing though, might seem like a lot to some but I see people watching 30+ anime at once a lot on MAL. That gets to the point of why not just have some on your on hold list or something...
Apr 21, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2012
On a serious note, I like my "watching" anime to be different genre's from each other, spice it up ya'know
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 21, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2010
I usually watch around 5 anime at once, sometimes more or less. I try to not go above 10.
Apr 21, 2013 6:39 PM

Oct 2011
If you're trying to watch multiple anime at once, just make sure they're all equally interesting to you so you don't have some fall behind. Try to maintain a sort of equilibrium between episodes.

I usually try to keep my "watching" around 25: 15 currently airing + 5 completed + 5 longer anime that I would completely forget about and never catch up with if I put on hold. I'm one of those people who can't marathon anything, so I just watch a bunch of different stuff.
Apr 21, 2013 6:42 PM

Oct 2012
About 3 or 4, maximum of 8.
Apr 21, 2013 7:14 PM
Apr 2013
I'm watching about 4 different series right now that have finished airing. (one episode a week isn't too hard to keep up with) That's about how many I can juggle at any given time, while keeping my sanity and enjoying myself.

I get fidgety, and can't marathon anything, or else I'm sure I could keep up with more. And I can't keep myself interested if I only watch one series at a time.
Apr 21, 2013 7:37 PM

Aug 2009
I only watch 1 completed anime at a time, but I watch a ton of airing and I might simul-watch stuff with friends as well.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 9, 2013 7:34 PM

Aug 2012
I use to only watch 1 finished series and 1 ongoing at a time, but I decided to try something different this season. Now I'm watching the anime airing this season that interested me (8 of them) and I'll be watching something that's finished while I wait for the weekly eps.
May 9, 2013 7:52 PM

Mar 2011
I usually only watch one at a time, and marathon it. That way I don't forget about the plot or the show completely and never finish it.
May 9, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
It's only acceptable if they're still airing. Watching many completed shows at the same time ruins the experience.

Yup, this.
May 9, 2013 11:44 PM

Jun 2010
Litrydow said:
It's only acceptable if they're still airing. Watching many completed shows at the same time ruins the experience.

I agree 100% as long as its airing u can watch as many as u want
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
May 10, 2013 1:57 AM
May 2013
I generally only watch 2 at a time, bum I am more comfortable with watching only 1. That way, I can concentrate more on just the one.
That just works for me.
May 10, 2013 2:00 AM

May 2012
Dante04 said:
Only 1. When I start an anime, I finish it before starting another, even if it's bad.

Thats the way to go. Same here.
May 10, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2012
I'm currently watching four anime at once, though 3 of them are still airing. So for me, it's always 1 anime to marathon and as many airing shows as possible.
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
May 10, 2013 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
Most of the time i stay below five anime at the same time, makes no sense to go for more, unless it's really easy watching stuff i guess.
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
May 10, 2013 4:29 AM

Oct 2012
Well I'm currently watching, uhh 4 or 5 I think, and that is more than enough for me.
May 10, 2013 4:35 AM

Apr 2011
1 at a time works best for me, but sometimes it gets out of hand.
May 10, 2013 4:41 AM

Feb 2013
i normally watch 2-3 animes but i´m runniong out of animes to watch so i´m watching only 1 at the moment.

i don´ like watching animes that are airign by the way, i just wait till they finish to watch them.

May 10, 2013 4:52 AM

Feb 2012
richard360 said:
Litrydow said:

I agree 100% as long as its airing u can watch as many as u want

So if we are to take two complete shows that happened to air together and watch them one episode a week, they would be ruined. However, if we were to take the same two shows and had watched them one episode a week when they aired, it would be totally okay. Makes sense.
May 10, 2013 9:14 AM

May 2013
TowardsTheStars said:
I usually only watch one at a time, and marathon it. That way I don't forget about the plot or the show completely and never finish it.

Yeah pretty much, if you're having to focus on a bunch of different shows at once you cant enjoy it as much
May 10, 2013 9:21 AM

Oct 2008
Currently watching 41, 9 airing rest completed or stalled subs.
May 10, 2013 10:02 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not absolutely positive what you mean by "at once." I'm assuming you mean in the span of a week or two. Within a week or two I usually watch somewhere between four and seven different anime. This season of anime is pretty good. So I'm currently watching nine different anime. Although one or two may be in danger of being dropped.
May 10, 2013 10:43 AM
Aug 2009
I'm only watching finished series, and only one at the same time, I almost never start other anime until I have finished the one I'm currently watching.
Jun 15, 2013 10:09 AM

Dec 2012
As of right now I'm watching 13 series. Most of it is usually airing anime and that'll vary depending on what catches my interest that season. As for series that are finished, I like to watch 2-3 at a time. I used to only watch one at a time, but sometimes I could use a break from a series I'm watching and so that extra title or 2 provide a nice change of pace. When I'm watching mulitple finished series at once, I do make sure the genres and stories are very different to keep it fresh.

For example, I'll watch a sports anime but maybe I need a break and then I switch over to a moe-blob slice of life for an episode or 2, then go either go back to the sports anime or go over to an action/adventure one.
Jun 15, 2013 10:15 AM
Mar 2013
The shows that take precedent over anything is shows that will be getting a second series next season. The last shows I watched and completed were Chuunibyou, the Monogatari Series (all of them), and eventually Rozen Maiden whenever my package arrives. After that I'll start working on shows from my backlog, usually the newer one (I have a few shows from last season I need to watch).
Jun 15, 2013 10:26 AM
Mar 2013
Currently I'm watching two finished series. I never watch more than four at the same time, focusing on too many stories is like focusing at none.
Jun 15, 2013 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
I don't even know how many I'm watching at the moment, I have this bad habit of watching something and then finding something that looks more interesting and so I start watching that, and then I find something even more interesting, creating an endless chain of anime. I wonder if someday I'll actually finish the series that I've started.
Jun 15, 2013 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
I'll watch all of the airing anime that I am interested in (which is usually only 1-3)

Then I'll watch 1-3 completed anime. But usually I'll watch an action/horror anime and balance it out with a SoL or romance anime. Though I'll usually finish 2-3 action/horror anime while watching the same SoL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2013
Lol, i use the Currently watching list to just keep track of shows that i want to watch before the plan to watch shows. I have like 40 shows in there and i have no idea what to watch first. :(
"A samurai doesn't need a reason to take action. If something needs saving, all you have to do is grab your sword"-Sakata Gintoki
Jun 16, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2012
Slimek said:
Currently I'm watching two finished series. I never watch more than four at the same time, focusing on too many stories is like focusing at none.
Agree only my limit is 2. 3 if I'm watching a long shonen so i can take a little break from it.
Jun 16, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2012
Im usually only watching 1 completed series + the airing ones. But lately I didnt find some really good anime, so I started to watch a few completed series now. Was a bad idea, not half the fun if you are always switching between series.
Jun 16, 2013 10:59 AM

Oct 2009
I prefer devoting my time to 1 series. Often times that series sucks though so fuck it!

Jun 16, 2013 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
im currently watching 6 anime. it all depends on what kind of shows you watch. there are those anime which require more of your attention, ghost in the shell for example. if you prefer stuff like that, its best to limit the 'currently watching' section to two entries.

if you're watching run of the mill harem comedies and such, you can watch ten or twelve shows even, at a time.
if you disagree with what i say, feel free to comment on my profile. in all likelihood, i won't come back to this thread.

Jun 16, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
I usually watch the airing shows that sound interesting..

Then I pick 1 completed series that peeked my interest.
Jun 16, 2013 11:46 AM

Mar 2013
I don't really get what's so bad about watching several anime at once. No one thinks it's strange for someone to follow many live action series at once, nor to watch as many movies as they like, so why should the same not apply to anime?

I'm going to define "at once" to be in the span of, say, a month, in which case I usually cycle from 3 to 7 anime depending on how much free time I have. When I watch anime I very rarely stop at one or two episodes, I'm very bad with cliffhangers so I usually only watch anime when I know I have a considerable chunk of time to watch at least 3 episodes in one sitting. So I'll usually watch several episodes of one, then give myself time to savour what I just watched and go check out several episodes of something else, usually a series which has a different mood or genre to the first. I like to have a balance between different genres and between lighter and darker anime as well. If I haven't watched something in a while and I'm not feeling so enthusiastic about it anymore, I put it on my hold list but I may still watch an episode or two if I'm in the right mood for it. I may also go off on a tangent and watch the first few episodes of a completely different show, just because I want to get a better feel for it, but I won't put it on my watch list unless I've watched around five episodes and it's left me wanting to see more soon.
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

Jun 16, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2013
MoonxArtemis said:
About half of the Currently airing list.

Also about 20 others that are completed, 2 -3 are rewatching.

I have many several options depending on the mood i'm in is what i'm going to watch.
Unless there is an anime that I can't stop watching and will finish that one right away.

Also I get tired of some but don't want them on hold they sit still there for a while. And when I'm in the mood to continue, I will.

Same it's great to watch different ones depending on the mood.
Jun 16, 2013 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
I limit myself to 10 animes, 5 shounen and 5 comedy/ecchi/other. And then once I am done a series, I take the same genre anime from my on hold list, but if there is nothing left there, then I take it from my plan to watch list.
Jun 16, 2013 6:53 PM

Apr 2013
I'm currently watching 2 completed series (Beelzebub and Kobato.) and 2 series that are in waiting for new episodes (Fairy Tail OVA and Magic Kaito) and a presently airing series (Detective Conan). When we had cable when I was a teenager, I used to watch multiple series at once since they are played Monday through Friday.

But now as much as possible I want to focus on a few anime only because you might tend to lose focus on storylines if you're watching too many titles. It is only good if you don't want to get bored but some animes have good story arcs that you want to finish it as soon as possible.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast? ( 1 2 )

Rally- - Sep 23

74 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
8 minutes ago

» What Anime is boring to you ( 1 2 )

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 24

57 by Serafos »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - 6 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
16 minutes ago

» Are open-ended ending just lazy writing?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

8 by Tirinchas »»
45 minutes ago

» Which anime(s) would any of your favorite characters watch?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by IpreferEcchi »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.