Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 23, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2008
PersonX said:
Nice episode, although I don't like how Sena is put lately, I hoped she would have confessed clearly by now, but that seems to be on next week.

Anyway, nice episode (already said that...) and can't wait for the story develoment for next week.

Probably not, seems to me like Pegasus forcing a Kodaka x Sena couple will be next week. An episode like that has been hinted at for quite a while now, like when Kodaka's dad called and asked if he was getting married, and what Kate said at the end of this episode (since she probably heard from Pegasus that Sena is Kodaka's 'special someone').

Anyway, enjoyed this episode like always. I'll probably be satisfied with any ending except for a Sena ending by now. Including a harem ending or 'And he stayed a virgin for the rest of his live. The End'.

Feb 23, 2013 8:05 AM

Jan 2010
Archie74 said:
Is Yozora supposed to be the antagonist of the show?

Yozora is specially vicious towards her chosen rival Sena. The character comes across as a ____ who would act that way regardless of the situation. Is this main character really supposed to be nefarious? I've yet to see ANY redeeming qualities.

While she certainly can get carried away some times, Yozora isn't all bad. She's cute for one thing, which is more than enough for some.

But remember what Kate-chan said about her earlier. That while she did make Maria run around outside naked from time to time, she also brought her out of her shell. And while Sena has conflicted feelings about her, she joined the club (crawling through the window to do so) and wouldn't give it up for anything. She lies to her father about the torments she faces. She likes her unusual nickname and she no longer spends her time with fawning, nameless bootlicking guys. In earlier episodes, Rika couldn't finish an earlier outdoor adventure but recently, she was able to go shopping and buy new clothes. She's no longer a total shut-in.

In fact, before they met her, all of them were leading dismal lives. Now they lead peculiar lives but they are all pretty happy, given their unique personalities. So while she does have a cruel streak in her, she's definitely a net good person as far as anyone in the club is concerned.
Feb 23, 2013 9:09 AM
Aug 2012
Mockman said:
Archie74 said:

Yozora is specially vicious towards her chosen rival Sena. The character comes across as a ____ who would act that way regardless of the situation. Is this main character really supposed to be nefarious? I've yet to see ANY redeeming qualities.

While she certainly can get carried away some times, Yozora isn't all bad. She's cute for one thing, which is more than enough for some.

But remember what Kate-chan said about her earlier. That while she did make Maria run around outside naked from time to time, she also brought her out of her shell. And while Sena has conflicted feelings about her, she joined the club (crawling through the window to do so) and wouldn't give it up for anything. She lies to her father about the torments she faces. She likes her unusual nickname and she no longer spends her time with fawning, nameless bootlicking guys. In earlier episodes, Rika couldn't finish an earlier outdoor adventure but recently, she was able to go shopping and buy new clothes. She's no longer a total shut-in.

In fact, before they met her, all of them were leading dismal lives. Now they lead peculiar lives but they are all pretty happy, given their unique personalities. So while she does have a cruel streak in her, she's definitely a net good person as far as anyone in the club is concerned.

Aren't you forgetting the fact that most of the things she did was to embarrass or insult them.....not to help them and they backfired on her. Please don't say something like she had some noble intentions for doing so. Yukimura's case should be a good example. You can like her but don't try to hide her faults which are so openly visible.

Feb 23, 2013 10:01 AM

Jan 2010
Aren't you forgetting the fact that most of the things she did was to embarrass or insult them.....not to help them and they backfired on her.

^

The reason I posted the question was because this was clearly evident in episode 4. Yukimura is discovered to be a girl, to Yozora's chagrin and frustration.

So while she does have a cruel streak in her, she's definitely a net good person as far as anyone in the club is concerned.

Yozora's evil streak has been present in all her on-screen time. Seems that is all she does, be mean and angry at someone or something, hence my question(s).

Ps. I don't dislike Yozora... I'm just curious as to the character's role, and I haven't really payed in-depth attention to the anime. And I don't want to rewatch it.
Archie74Feb 23, 2013 10:12 AM
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Feb 23, 2013 10:07 AM

Jan 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Mockman said:
Archie74 said:

[…]

Aren't you forgetting the fact that most of the things she did was to embarrass or insult them.....not to help them and they backfired on her. Please don't say something like she had some noble intentions for doing so. Yukimura's case should be a good example. You can like her but don't try to hide her faults which are so openly visible.
While I like Yozora, I like Sena, Rika and Kate too. I think she's as likeable as the others are. But I can see how her negatives would outweigh her positives for some.

I'm not hiding her faults. I do say that she has a cruel streak, and that aspect of her isn't appealing. My point is that many of the commenters consider her to have no redeeming characteristics but she's done more to improve the lives of the club members than anyone else ever has.

Are her intentions noble? Other than the idea of the club itself or how she probably feels about Kodaka, probably not. But with nothing but her own will, she created a space for everyone and keeps moving things forward, and every week, it gets a bit better. So while she is flawed, she isn't all bad and she's a legitimate interest for Kodaka.
Feb 23, 2013 10:43 AM

Jan 2010
Archie74 said:
Aren't you forgetting the fact that most of the things she did was to embarrass or insult them.....not to help them and they backfired on her.

^

The reason I posted the question was because this was clearly evident in episode 4. Yukimura is discovered to be a girl, to Yozora's chagrin and frustration.

So while she does have a cruel streak in her, she's definitely a net good person as far as anyone in the club is concerned.

Yozora's evil streak has been present in all her on-screen time. Seems that is all she does, be mean and angry at someone or something, hence my question(s).

Ps. I don't dislike Yozora... I'm just curious as to the character's role, and I haven't really payed in-depth attention to the anime. And I don't want to rewatch it.

You're right, as is DSX. She definitely brings issues. While she is probably the lead female, the show has done a good job of giving all the characters opportunities to shine and to fail. So it could go any way.

Another point to compare… While Sena may be the most popular character right now – not just in this forum, or for this show, but in the whole anime world - she has issues too. And while Yozora often goes too far, Sena seems to enjoy the attention that Yozora gives her. And Maria and Yukimura are certainly happy. Rika doesn't really get abused, indeed, in episode 2, she was the one doing the manipulating. But Sena's treatment of Kobato is too much for Kobato to handle, enough so that she often avoids her. And while she's better now, she wasn't particularly nice to Kodaka in some of the early episodes. Should Sena get a free pass?
Feb 23, 2013 7:13 PM

May 2011
Loved the alone time that Sena had with Kodaka this episode. Its just so cute to watch her try to get some reactions outta him. And haha it looks like there's still some misunderstanding with Sena's dad about these two from what Kate said at the end.

Dat Kate. Holy shit does she needs more screentime!
Feb 23, 2013 8:02 PM
Aug 2012
Mockman said:
Archie74 said:

^

You're right, as is DSX. She definitely brings issues. While she is probably the lead female, the show has done a good job of giving all the characters opportunities to shine and to fail. So it could go any way.

Another point to compare… While Sena may be the most popular character right now – not just in this forum, or for this show, but in the whole anime world - she has issues too. And while Yozora often goes too far, Sena seems to enjoy the attention that Yozora gives her. And Maria and Yukimura are certainly happy. Rika doesn't really get abused, indeed, in episode 2, she was the one doing the manipulating. But Sena's treatment of Kobato is too much for Kobato to handle, enough so that she often avoids her. And while she's better now, she wasn't particularly nice to Kodaka in some of the early episodes. Should Sena get a free pass?

Well don't misunderstand i not a blind Sena fan just for the records. Other than Kodaka, Rika and Kobato are on top of my list for this show. But as far as development goes, Sena keeps getting better and more mature (except her attitude with Kobato) but Yozora just keeps getting worse despite getting so many chances. She always does the opposite she says and still clings to that childhood friend status. Now seriously i don't see too much redeeming qualities in her. Btw nobody in this show is perfect but Rika and Sena develops way better as characters.

Also Sena puts up with most of the time becuase she thinks of Yozora as a friend and also teases her time to time but as we can see Yozora always becomes violent. Yozora can't handle Rika.......she tried to bully her too but she got smacked instead. So it's that she can't really abuse Rika (Rika is way dangerous) and Yukimura and Maria lack the common sense to know that they are being bullied. So i think you are misunderstanding a bit here.
Dragon_Slayer_XFeb 23, 2013 8:11 PM

Feb 24, 2013 12:33 AM

Dec 2009
Man those Harem Flags are just waving in the air. How the hell does Kodoka not see it at all?

It's clear the 4 girls like him and the club revolves around him, he's either just too stupid to realize or he really is trying to keep it non-romantic.

I really like the development between Kobato and Maria. They would make great friends if they weren't at each other's throats all the time.

For an anime character Kate is very attractive. She joining the harem too? And that bath scene :D

I'm almost 100% sure each girl in the club knows how they feel about Kodoka (Sena hints at it, Yozora has aversions to all the girls, Rika knows more than she lets on, and Yukimura clears knows but is too shy around Kodoka to say anything) which in turn means that they can't be friends with each other though. They want him so in turn they fight for his affections and as a result they all hurt their own chances when they attempt to bring each other down. I'm sure that doesn't sit well with him.

Final word: "Can't we be in sync for this atleast?" LOL
Feb 24, 2013 12:47 AM

Jul 2012
Kodaka must be dense on purpose to expand his harem further. Yep.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 24, 2013 5:54 AM
Jul 2012
Kodaka is not dense, he is avoiding conflicts for the most time. He wants to stay out of trouble. You should monitor Kodaka's behavior towards other people.
He even thinks in advance what he should tell to the girls and sometimes he speaks out his thoughts by accident.

Rika wants to hear compliments about her looks - he gives her compliments but he is not very enthusiastic about it. Kodaka even asked her once "What do you want to hear?" in the first season (episode 11).
Yukimura wants to receive orders from Kodaka. He gives her orders because if he don't do that Yukimura becomes sad and feels useless.
Yozora likes to talk about her friendship with him and he is not objecting against her and he also confirms her negative view of things.

Kodaka is trying to maintain a good atmosphere within the club. He just tells those girls what they want to hear - he makes them happy.
Feb 24, 2013 7:56 AM

Jul 2012
Kodaka is a really nice guy! He is a GUY but not a pervert...

Maria-chan and Kobato-chan fighting is always so cute!

I honestly like everyone in this show except from Yozora... This club is for making friends but she only wants to be friends with Kodaka! She keeps her distance from everyone else! On the other hand the other characters have become really good friends with each other.
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Feb 24, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2012
Can't help the feeling this episode has Sena as the winner. Somehow all the girls left to leave Sena to be alone with Kodaka, and then there is the final comment by Kate that since Kodaka has Sena there is no point in her forming "some other kind of relationship" with Kodaka. Since this comment seems to be linked to the next episode, perhaps we will see more Sena (and perhaps her father) the next episode too.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 24, 2013 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
...the final comment by Kate that since Kodaka has Sena there is no point in her forming "some other kind of relationship" with Kodaka.

I hope we get to see more Sena X Kodaka... What bothers me is that Kodaka doesn't seem to understand what is really going on..
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Feb 24, 2013 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
This episode's comedy was pretty good. I can't get enough of Kobato and Maria yelling at eachother. Although the other parts were also above-par compared to the other episodes.
That ending... Plot of Haganai? You got to be kidding me, right? We all know how "serious" the latest and greatest cliffhanger was.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 24, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2011
ElfinMint said:
Yozora looks like a man in Tracksuit.
lmao
Feb 24, 2013 3:46 PM
Nov 2010
Maioula said:
I honestly like everyone in this show except from Yozora... This club is for making friends but she only wants to be friends with Kodaka! She keeps her distance from everyone else! On the other hand the other characters have become really good friends with each other.

Which is ironic given the actual situation - that Yozora is on closer terms with most than she would want to admit.

Yukimura respects her and follows her directions (perhaps she detected Yozora is going for the tomboy route and as such as an inspiration of sorts on the quest to become a man?)

Maria fears her and they have a rather peculiar relationship (both the food giver and punisher, well similar to Kate then)

Rika has some rapport with her both being sharp individuals - she's the subject of conversions and valued for her BL cosplay potential

Kobato admires her because she's dark and 'cool'.

These connections are only 2nd to Kodaka. None of the other characters are as involved, especially 'with each other'
Feb 24, 2013 4:03 PM

Jan 2013
Brigandi said:
Yozora and Yukimura boyish look
Rika bondage rape
and naked Kate...

All that and

Haha the messages at the begining were awesome :) All of them wanted to be alone with Kodaka and finding a present was a good way to make him help them. But because it was all of them at the same time it ruined the expectation for each, except Kodaka he was dense as always :)).

Bwaaa he is talking loud again

Creating this

Hahahah the boyish look and Yozora blushing soooo awesome, fan-service engaged xD.

Lol I didn't even realise that it was Kobato running from the bathroom, untill they showed her again.

Add Kate to the list of girls who want Kodaka as boyfriend :) Aand as always love the ED.

Ha in the preview, I imagined Kobato-chan and Maria as enemies in highschool, best friends after school. And weird situations where class mates don't know if they are friends or enemies. :)
Feb 24, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2007
Everyone wants to date for Kobato's b-day gift. Meat got more advantage in date because everyone's with Yozora's clothing. Wow @ the girls shopping.

And during the real party. Kobato is really cute. She's actually happy about the celebration. lol @ night with sisters.

Wow, harem and fanservice. More childhood friend talk next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 24, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
Well, looks like Sena's got even more advantage now, at this point it's obvious that it's Sena or Yozora...lol well it was obvious from the start of the show but damn, Sena getting alot of attention this season.
needs more kobato.
Feb 24, 2013 7:53 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Can't help the feeling this episode has Sena as the winner. Somehow all the girls left to leave Sena to be alone with Kodaka, and then there is the final comment by Kate that since Kodaka has Sena there is no point in her forming "some other kind of relationship" with Kodaka. Since this comment seems to be linked to the next episode, perhaps we will see more Sena (and perhaps her father) the next episode too.
Sena did get to spend more time with Kodaka, but Kodaka has mostly avoided her advances. It's only Rikka that he's ever commented on in great detail.
Feb 24, 2013 9:26 PM

Jan 2010
Mockman said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
But as far as development goes, Sena keeps getting better and more mature (except her attitude with Kobato) but Yozora just keeps getting worse despite getting so many chances. She always does the opposite she says and still clings to that childhood friend status. Now seriously i don't see too much redeeming qualities in her. Btw nobody in this show is perfect but Rika and Sena develops way better as characters.

Also Sena puts up with most of the time becuase she thinks of Yozora as a friend and also teases her time to time but as we can see Yozora always becomes violent. Yozora can't handle Rika.......she tried to bully her too but she got smacked instead. So it's that she can't really abuse Rika (Rika is way dangerous) and Yukimura and Maria lack the common sense to know that they are being bullied. So i think you are misunderstanding a bit here.
Perhaps, but aren't those all just details? My point was that whether they're being bullied or not, their lives have improved and they're happier — one step back, three steps forward. Remember what Yukimura said upon joining the club about being bullied. While nonsensical, she wasn't happy. Then contrast how Maria was when Yozora first encountered her against how she is now. Or ask Kate what she thinks. Sena puts up with it because her life is infinitely better than when she was being followed around being asked for her orders by an army of bootlickers. And… she has a weird streak in her own personality.

I like Sena too but I don't get this stuff about her developing while Yozora isn't. That's too black and white a statement.

Sena is just as competitive as ever, whether riding the roller coaster until she gets sick or visiting a maid cafe to learn how to be a maid, or the way she approached the King's Game. What was her stated goal when her first order was drawn? It was to shame someone. She is still a slave to her own ego – think heaped hair, or what her memories of school festivals are like. She still stalks Kobato. Heck, she even stalks Yozora. And despite being on the receiving end of much of Yozora's nastiness, she is still gullible enough to stand on her roof and howl at the moon.

To me, Yozora seems a bit different this year from the last. She doesn't appear to hold long conversations with Tomo-chan anymore. She is more open to what other people think, or even their presence. When they first started the club, she wouldn't let Sena in the room. She's willing to watch Rika's anime, she's willing to play her galge. Despite not wanting to herself, when the others expressed a desire to participate in the festival, she committed the club to joining in. At last season's festival, she wouldn't even wear a yukata, but in the last episode, she let Rika dress her up and this year, put on the maid's costume on her own. When Kodaka was confronted over his dream, she stepped up in a forthright way to explain the truth, even though she had previously wanted it to remain a secret. Even last year, after threatening to eat Maria from head to toe, she declined to tease Kobato similarly. So I think she is improving and she does at some level, pay attention to what the other club members can deal with.

Sena has benefitted from more personal attention than Yozora has had. Rika has as well. We get to see Sena out alone with Kodaka, whether in the mall or at her home. And Rika's been on fire this season, ever since she took her glasses off. Yozora's trying… she reached out to Kodaka to go shopping with her, probably for the first time, whereas Sena is by now used to messaging him. She tried to ask him out to the festival. But circumstances are always against her as she continues to hold herself back. And as to her clinging, I haven't heard her trying to leverage childhood friend status, as does say Chiwa in OreShura.

Anyway, they're both messed up but they're both great. The show is heading into the stretch run now. We'll see how these next couple of episodes go, but I think Yozora will get her chance to shine soon enough. We'll see if you doubters feel the same way by the end of the season.
Feb 24, 2013 9:37 PM

Sep 2012
Mockman said:
My point was that whether they're being bullied or not, their lives have improved and they're happier — one step back, three steps forward.
I agree with Mockman here and I think this is one of most important, if not THE most important, themes for the LN and this anime. It is that as much as those people are messed up and often get nasty or awkward at each other inside the club, they still fare much better than before, because they do form a sort of friendship, even if it is quite unconventional ones, with each other while they were really friendless and lonely before, but also because they really started to develop for some better personality and more normal interaction with others (though perhaps still far from what we would say normal). Both Sena and Yozora have seen such development, but I would say that Sena's change may be easier to observe and like than what what we see in Yozara. Perhaps this is why a lot of people seem to think only Sena has seen development.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 25, 2013 12:42 AM
Aug 2012
Mockman said:
Mockman said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
But as far as development goes, Sena keeps getting better and more mature (except her attitude with Kobato) but Yozora just keeps getting worse despite getting so many chances. She always does the opposite she says and still clings to that childhood friend status. Now seriously i don't see too much redeeming qualities in her. Btw nobody in this show is perfect but Rika and Sena develops way better as characters.

Perhaps, but aren't those all just details? My point was that whether they're being bullied or not, their lives have improved and they're happier — one step back, three steps forward. Remember what Yukimura said upon joining the club about being bullied. While nonsensical, she wasn't happy. Then contrast how Maria was when Yozora first encountered her against how she is now. Or ask Kate what she thinks. Sena puts up with it because her life is infinitely better than when she was being followed around being asked for her orders by an army of bootlickers. And… she has a weird streak in her own personality.

I like Sena too but I don't get this stuff about her developing while Yozora isn't. That's too black and white a statement.

Sena is just as competitive as ever, whether riding the roller coaster until she gets sick or visiting a maid cafe to learn how to be a maid, or the way she approached the King's Game. What was her stated goal when her first order was drawn? It was to shame someone. She is still a slave to her own ego – think heaped hair, or what her memories of school festivals are like. She still stalks Kobato. Heck, she even stalks Yozora. And despite being on the receiving end of much of Yozora's nastiness, she is still gullible enough to stand on her roof and howl at the moon.

To me, Yozora seems a bit different this year from the last. She doesn't appear to hold long conversations with Tomo-chan anymore. She is more open to what other people think, or even their presence. When they first started the club, she wouldn't let Sena in the room. She's willing to watch Rika's anime, she's willing to play her galge. Despite not wanting to herself, when the others expressed a desire to participate in the festival, she committed the club to joining in. At last season's festival, she wouldn't even wear a yukata, but in the last episode, she let Rika dress her up and this year, put on the maid's costume on her own. When Kodaka was confronted over his dream, she stepped up in a forthright way to explain the truth, even though she had previously wanted it to remain a secret. Even last year, after threatening to eat Maria from head to toe, she declined to tease Kobato similarly. So I think she is improving and she does at some level, pay attention to what the other club members can deal with.

Sena has benefitted from more personal attention than Yozora has had. Rika has as well. We get to see Sena out alone with Kodaka, whether in the mall or at her home. And Rika's been on fire this season, ever since she took her glasses off. Yozora's trying… she reached out to Kodaka to go shopping with her, probably for the first time, whereas Sena is by now used to messaging him. She tried to ask him out to the festival. But circumstances are always against her as she continues to hold herself back. And as to her clinging, I haven't heard her trying to leverage childhood friend status, as does say Chiwa in OreShura.

Anyway, they're both messed up but they're both great. The show is heading into the stretch run now. We'll see how these next couple of episodes go, but I think Yozora will get her chance to shine soon enough. We'll see if you doubters feel the same way by the end of the season.

Let me just state a few things first. As i have always said Sena thinks of Yozora as her first female friends because the girls around her either avoid or hate her. Did i say she is perfect? Do i like her because she has big boobs or good grades? Nope. She has matured quite a bit. Let me give you 2 examples. 1) She said she will buy Maria's ticket while Yozora was teasing her. Hate me if you want but that's how it is. 2) What she said about Kodaka and Yozora's friendship in the latest episode should also show her maturity.

She is actually taking some approaches as you said visiting maid cafes etc etc. But Yozora? She never opens herself up to others, hates normal people and mostly she doesn't want others to get close to Kodaka. Also what she said about their friendship was just to handle the situation or tbh she was putting up an act. The King's game, the game Yozora played should give plenty of clues. Also in the upcoming arc you will understand why i said this about her.

As for saying that she asked Kodaka out, remember the situation she said that. First she says they won't participate and right after that she tries to ask Kodaka out in front of everyone. Sorry but i think Kodaka actually did her a favor by pretending he didn't hear anything.Where Sena actually became quite open minded with Kodaka, Yozora still held herself back, kept up that facade of her. So do tell me......am i supposed to pity her? I don't really hate her but i can't like her. She will get a bad ending if she never changes and sadly up to now she hasn't really changed much, maybe a tiny bit when comparing to Sena but not really something noticeable.

Feb 25, 2013 1:00 AM
Nov 2010
How exactly has Sena changed?
Let take a look at her character setting:
Rich Oujo with superiority complex

Please stop confusing Sena doing Sena-esque things with development. No one will be surprised if Sena asks Kodaka out in front of everyone. No one will be surprised if she doesn't care about someone's past, or anything in the past in general.

I WILL be surprised if she asks for permission before doing something, wonder what she's about to do can hurt people's feelings or take no for an answer.

The very reason Yozora spoke in such a tiny voice IS because she's in front of everyone, and would be embrassed to death if other's hear. Do you think Kodaka is pretending? As a 'friendless' guy with not much on, he has no reason to refuse anyone - even if he might invite everyone else along. With Kodaka it's first come first served and just so happens Sena tends to be the person that asks directly.

Yozora's very easily embrassed, an emotion stronger than anything else - which is why she let Kodaka alone with Sena because her pressing issue at the time is to solve the sexy clothes problem. (and Kodaka took one for the team partially to separate Sena from Kobato)
Feb 25, 2013 1:41 AM

Dec 2012
potplant said:
The very reason Yozora spoke in such a tiny voice IS because she's in front of everyone, and would be embrassed to death if other's hear.

not really yozora speaks in tiny voice because she gets embarrassed to ask kodaka out (ex: The text to kodaka she couldn't be straight foward and just ask him out ).

potplant said:
Do you think Kodaka is pretending? As a 'friendless' guy with not much on, he has no reason to refuse anyone - even if he might invite everyone else along. With Kodaka it's first come first served and just so happens Sena tends to be the person that asks directly.

Your point?

potplant said:
Yozora's very easily embrassed, an emotion stronger than anything else - which is why she let Kodaka alone with Sena because her pressing issue at the time is to solve the sexy clothes problem.

She didn't care who went with kodaka at that time because she was sick of crowds and didn't really care what was going on at that time she wanted to go home not because she is '' emotionally strong'' what does that even mean?

potplant said:
(and Kodaka took one for the team partially to separate Sena from Kobato)

LOOOL ?
Kobato was not even there.... ~_~

Are you trying to say Kodaka dislikes Sena ? Is that what your post about?
Feb 25, 2013 3:00 AM

Jul 2012
potplant said:
Maioula said:

Which is ironic given the actual situation - that Yozora is on closer terms with most than she would want to admit.

Yukimura respects her and follows her directions (perhaps she detected Yozora is going for the tomboy route and as such as an inspiration of sorts on the quest to become a man?)

Maria fears her and they have a rather peculiar relationship (both the food giver and punisher, well similar to Kate then)

Rika has some rapport with her both being sharp individuals - she's the subject of conversions and valued for her BL cosplay potential

Kobato admires her because she's dark and 'cool'.

The other characters are indeed close to her.. but she is not that close to them! She doesn't even try...

None of the other characters are as involved, especially 'with each other'

Yeah but at least they seem to have fun with each other.. Yozora just sits there wishing they would all go away just so she can be closer to Kodaka! Maybe I'm wrong and you are right but I can't help it.. I don't like her! I don't like her attitude!
Feb 25, 2013 1:11 PM

Sep 2007
I love Rika and Sena. The ending theme is brill and the series is getting better by the episode. It is already much better than the first season.

Feb 26, 2013 12:42 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode as always. And that Mail from Yukimura with the bg music was hilarious.
Zhou said:
Every frikkin' girl had a moment in this episode, pure gold, man.
Pure gold indeed LOL.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Feb 27, 2013 7:59 AM

Jul 2011
well this episode has me slowly changing my mind.. at first i only saw sena and yozaro as potential love interest but im slowly starting to think he might end up with rika and have sena and yozaro as good friends but im still not completely sure.. and at the last minute of this episode i started thinking maybe kate could be a love interest too but right now thats like a 2% possibility while rika is 20% sena is 40% and yozaro is 38%
Feb 27, 2013 2:54 PM
Sep 2011
I think I'm really starting to hate Kodaka, I mean there is dense Harem protagonists, and then there's...this...
I don't think he doesn't notice it, I just think he is being a douche at this point honestly. Doesn't mean I'm not still loving the show though fortuanatly.
Feb 27, 2013 6:44 PM
Mar 2009
Bondage Rika, creepy.

Dat foreshadowing from Rika.

It took Yozora that long to realize she was showing lots of skiiiin? Yukimura looking pretty girly there.

Dat Engrish. "Happy Basuuuday."

D'aww. Kobato's outburst. Although she is the only one that calls him An-chan so it's fine right?

Just turned 16? Legal. (With consent of course). I mean, dat body. Is she really 16?

Looks like next episode is the big reveal of Sena's relationship with Kodaka.
Feb 28, 2013 6:52 AM
Jul 2012
potplant said:
How exactly has Sena changed?

She changes the whole time. You are just not recognizing it. You have to think beyond yourself.

Yozora's very easily embrassed, an emotion stronger than anything else - which is why she let Kodaka alone with Sena because her pressing issue at the time is to solve the sexy clothes problem. (and Kodaka took one for the team partially to separate Sena from Kobato)

Yozora never hinders Kodaka to be alone with Sena. He can leave Yozora alone and have fun with Sena, while Yozora is doing what she always does: She just reads a book (Episode 4 amusement park). Yozora always must be approached by other people. You must talk to her first, she won't start a conversation with a stranger. Kodaka had to figure out himself that she is Sora. Yozora can only manipulate people and think of a setting like in one of her dreams. She waits and hopes that everything turns out in her favour.

She can't think about other people, she only thinks about herself. :D
Feb 28, 2013 4:28 PM
Dec 2012
Its sad really, my favorite character is Yukimura (even before they showed she was a girl) but they only ever use her for jokes and stuff. I wish they'd develop her a bit more.
Feb 28, 2013 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
aizengamer said:
Its sad really, my favorite character is Yukimura (even before they showed she was a girl) but they only ever use her for jokes and stuff. I wish they'd develop her a bit more.

She is a plot device really..
Feb 28, 2013 8:22 PM
Dec 2012
I am confused because at 18:06 area you can see that Kate has a matching key hanging around her neck but then when talking to Kodaka/"Onii-chan" it becomes the encased cicada. Is the cicada one under her clothes and she has just some random key around her neck or did they just mess up? Please enlighten me, thank you fellow watchers.
Feb 28, 2013 8:55 PM
Nov 2011
I think it's between three girls but I'll get there in a moment.

First, I'm worried there might be an 'incest' line here, and no not with Kobata. I've been worried all along that Sena and Kodaka might be related somehow, but couldn't shake it. However, presuming that is false.

Rika is just too easy, to pushy with her sexuality. Kodaka wants to be nice to her, but he's not a pervert. Kate and Maria ar eboth Nuns, so unless one of them is going to break their 'vows' which I doubt, they aren't candidates.

Yozora has the childhood friend card, but I still wonder if Sena maybe also knew Kodaka earlier than she lets on can't explain why I feel that. Yukimura, is an interesting wild card in the bunch, but I'm not sure kodaka can get over the way he initially saw her.

So really, I think it's got to be Sena, or Yozora. Personally I think Yozora's publich persona is no fun at all, but Sena is such a braggart.

I really can't decide who I think Kodaka should end up with
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 1, 2013 7:55 AM
Jan 2010
Yukimura is such a worthless fucking character. She's a real wonder.
Mar 2, 2013 3:28 AM

Aug 2011
Nice day out with the girls and then a fun party for Kobato. Kodaka is quite the good parent during the meal. And then he bumped in to Kate, I wasn't ready for that.
Mar 10, 2013 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
Damnit, it had to leave off a cliffhanger :(
Apr 10, 2013 3:39 PM

Sep 2012
yukimora's text message LMFAO X'D
May 24, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
LOL @ Yozora.. tracksuit.. really.. XD
Oh and Happy birthday to Kobato :D
Jun 8, 2013 6:52 AM

May 2012
Let me tie you up, Rikachan.

SCOUTER LOOOOOL

Onna no ko...? Erokawa...?

Yozora no henjin.

happii basudei tu yuu Kobatochan

Niku no futatsu no nikuman ga tabetai da!

kukuku kyou wa ii hi ja

Maria <3<3<3
Kate no oppai~
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 9, 2013 12:13 PM

May 2012
Kobato and Maria are just pure awesome and ow so moe! Really liked this episode, some cut clothes and scenes as well, that ending with Maria's sister was also quite nice, especially the present Maria gave Kobato! Well lets see what's next and I wonder if the love story develops a bit more!
Jul 14, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2011
One of the best episodes so far.
We had a lot of great Sena, Kobato and Sena + Kobato moments :)
Nov 23, 2013 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who noticed the DBZ reference (power level of 5 with scouter)
Feb 2, 2014 2:35 AM

Aug 2009
Ragix said:
Yvese said:

Lastly, spoiler tagging my fav parts of the ep since it would take up so much space:

BONER ACTIVATED.
Loved this episode and I did too.

You have just activated my boner card.

I sense a shitstorm coming soon. Dat last words.
Mar 5, 2014 7:42 PM

Feb 2013
Rika isn't holding back at all. She's hitting on Kodaka out in the open... and he doesn't even realize it... Plus, he gets more alone time with Sena... what a lucky guy.
Jul 20, 2014 9:07 PM

Jun 2014
The birthday song is so synced. :p
Nov 26, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2014
Kodaka knows about his frying pans.

Aww Maria's so nice, she even got a present for Kobato.
zat-bustNov 26, 2014 4:01 PM

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

254 by 5hadow17 »»
Jun 5, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.