Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 10, 2013 4:57 AM

Sep 2008
5layer said:
shadowtsunami said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
There is something wrong here. How did this show go from 8.19 to 8.34 in like 1 day, and the vote counter went down too. Did something get reset or something? And god that dream at the beginning was funny. Actually, the whole episode was hilarious. Also the new op was pretty good. I liked the old one better maybe. But it is very creative.
MAL updates the scoring twice a day. Also it is the middle of the series and that's when a lot of people start scoring the show, which means the score changes drastically. Also when it ends people again people score/rescore the show. It's like how Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun went from 8.34 to 8.13 and Sukitte Ii nayo went from 8.00 to 7.81 after they finished airing. Same goes for Pscyho Pass once it hit the halfway point it went from like 7.9 to 8.34 too. Matter of fact most shows I'm watching went up by like .3. But this may drop back to 8.19 at the end.
Actually this score rise was like some bug. It happened to JoJo, Psycho Pass, Robotics Notes and all other airing shows that are 2 seasons long. It hasn't happened before and was likely caused by them changing the way the scoring system works. If you take the true average of the scores on sakurasou, its score is still 8.218. All those other shows I listed are also quite a bit lower. The score change you are referring to only happens when the show gets marked as finished, not while it is still airing.
Quoting myself like a boss.

Looks like the ratings have fixed themselves on all the anime I mentioned (including sakurasou).

In other news, all the top manga scores got trashed pretty badly. Now the whole top list is jumbled.
5layerJan 10, 2013 5:01 AM
Jan 10, 2013 5:18 AM

Sep 2012
Laughed really hard when Jin opened the Letter XD

Jan 10, 2013 6:39 AM

Jan 2013
Seeing Sorata be in that mode I just have a bad feeling that he's gonna end up SCREWING up adorable Nanami date on their play when he "finally gets it" revelation.

It's one thing if it was a tsundere character but not so here. I have low tolerance for emos and Sorata is of the sort. I don't recall such a character like this in a long time and it's ruining the story for me. And dare I say it Shinji Ikari I liked better... actually no I'm jesting.
Jan 10, 2013 7:32 AM

Apr 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
nantuko said:
God damn. It's as the end of last episode never happened.. the hell?

Sigh...no point in even answering your other points if you know of the other thread yet still can't except the points made there

To be more precise, there's actually no need for you at all to bother at anything I say, yet you do it as you always do because you try to set the opinions and meanings of others "right". It gives you butthurt when an opinion of someone differs from your world perspective. Even if you don't even know what that person is talking about or what he/she meant. But rest assured, I won't even try to discuss with you. One reason would be that mentioned thread that stinks of naivity where nothing different is acccepted. That's MAL, huh?
Jan 10, 2013 8:07 AM

Jan 2008
I've gotta say my honest opinion about this episode .

It is a below average episode .I didnt really felt anything in this episode unlike the other ones other than the usual comedy which is ok but there's something missing in here . This didnt really felt like the usual sakurasou , seriously .More thoughts later .

About the new OP/ED , well , it didnt really felt like sakurasou at ALL . WTHELL JC Staff . It felt more like the usual ZnT OP/ED . which is quite below average , but still entertaining to an extent .Ill get used to it either way .

And if not for our favorite genki , this episode could had went down because of those horrible s#%^ presented to us .
And Sorata is facing another dilemma , the last time about Nanami's audition and Mashiro's manga debut . And now it's about Christmas eve . But I still have hope for this series since Sakurasou is known for breaking cliches , but if it's the usual cliche , I hope it is executed perfectly , no ifs and buts .

About Jin , I dont know who he is actually rooting for Sorata . He helped set up Nanami with Sorata with the ticket . But he also helped Mashiro with Sorata in the kitchen scene .He wants Sorata to have his own harem now ?

About Nanami , it's good to see her on good terms with her friends(i think they were the ones with her that failed the seiyuu audition , right ?) And it's nice to see her fight for Sorata's love without her usual tsun or something , didnt got quite annoying . The thing that annoyed me was Sorata's expression when he accepted the ticket , he wasnt even serious about it even though seeing Nanami's serious face and tone .

About Sorata , I actually liked him a little when he was talking with that editor woman . He chosed the older Mashiro because he looked up to her that gave him his needed determination to set and reach his goals .But now he doesnt know where to get his inspiration from . But the thing that got annoying wasnt because of how Sorata yelled all those things to Mashiro , but the fact that he didnt learned from the same thing that happened not that long ago , and he did that again . He didnt thought of what Mashiro was feeling .
Good thing Mashiro finally talked back to Sorata to "get out of her" . That statement pretty much woke Sorata up but probably wasnt enough to make him the same person as before . And another thing that got me annoyed was that after the confrontation with Mashiro , he just thought of regretting about him not being able to give the invitation to Mashiro , but HE DIDNT EVEN REGRETTED YELLING TO MASHIRO like that , seriously . And leaving her like this
how low can you be .

And this part
was hilarious . And that Misaki love letter w/ ringtone etc . lol .

I hope to feel my usual Sakurasou in the next episodes .Please dont disappoint us this 2nd half JC Staff .
archer_shirou01Jan 10, 2013 8:10 AM
Jan 10, 2013 10:36 AM
Jan 2010
This is what I posted on the other thread, just want to share my opinion.

First of all, the confession. I honestly think that Sorata knows he likes Mashiro, as shown from the airport scene. Although, because he could not hear the reply of Mashiro, he didn't get to know about Mashiro's feelings, and he was a bit frustrated about that.

Next is that, after the airport scene, Mashiro's action started to change. What Sorata was used to seeing is a Mashiro that does not care about other things than her work, that is why when asked who he likes more, he answered he is more at ease with the old Mashiro. This could have baffled/confused him adding to his frustrations as he don't really know how to handle this "new" Mashiro.

Next is Aoyama's feelings. Honestly, in my experience, knowing someone for a very long time and being good friends with them ever since, makes you think of him/her more of a sibling, being able to be intimate/super-close with them without getting awkward/shy/attracted-in-an-opposite-sex-kind-of-way. So I do think that it could be the reason why Sorata doesn't find Aoyama's actions strange despite being so obvious(atleast for us audience),

Next is Sorata's work. Although we see him working for just like... what.. 2mins of screentime? We don't really exactly know how long it took him to finish that game. Also after having the boost of confidence he got from the festival, it certainly would also be harder for him when he knew he failed again. As you've seen from previous episodes, he already did a lot just to learn how to create a game. but still he couldn't achieve anything. Again, another frustration. (I'll get back to this later)

Next is the fact that Mashiro was already cut once. For an artist, especially someone like Mashiro (who is supposedly uber god-like), a cut in the fingers would definitely be a big no-no. Seeing that Sorata is on "Mashiro-duty", he wants to keep Mashiro away from harm as much as possible, and still being not used to the "new" Mashiro, he still treats her as someone who-only-focuses-on-her-own-work. He is against the cooking to begin with, and when he gave in, his worst nightmare as the one on "Mashiro-duty" came true, Mashiro's finger being cut. and when he insists that Mashiro should just really give up, she just ignored him, adding AGAIN frustration.

Next is his little sister. I guess it seems out-of-place/unimportant, but I think it could have also added frustration to him, knowing that his sister will be bugging him for christmas.

Next is the editor's comment on Mashiro's change. It makes Sorata more uneasy. It's like everything he was wondering about/frustrating about Mashiro was laid in front of him, and just wants to be back to their "normal relationship" (wherein Sorata is in charge of "Mashiro Duty" and Mashiro is the all-i-care-about-is-my-work girl) As a guy, I believe most of us would prefer to keep to ourselves of what we are feeling (especially when feeling down) that is why the frustrations keep on piling up and although Sorata don't really want to admit it, here comes the editor saying it for him.

Then it so happens that RIGHT AFTER their talk, came the horrible news. Wounds from the past, was just opened fresh, and everything just came crashing down. How could you know what you're doing? The girl that's in front of you, who is superior in what she wants to do, suddenly GOES BACK to cooking when you, as the "guardian" to keep her safe and be the all-i-care-about-is-my-work girl, just told her to give up. Sorata didn't even know what Mashiro is feeling, and because her actions aren't her "normal" actions, he just don't know what to do anymore, and because of all the frustrations... Boom!

Lastly, the ticket to a play. As I've said earlier, Sorata doesn't see Aoyama that way. Being at lost of what to do next, he just wanted to leave everything behind him, so he accepted it as it can be a way to keep his mind away from his frustrations. Also you can see that he just grabbed the opportunity, not because he wanted to go to Aoyama but because it just so happened that there was an opportunity. when asked if he's sure even if it's christmas eve, he just replied "sure, everyone has other plans, too. Why not?".

Phew! I am not defending Sorata, but I do feel him for being that way. I am 17 afterall, so maybe that's why I think I can relate to him more... I am only trying to show how I understood his actions objectively, without being bitter/bitchy about how he reacted.

Thanks for reading if you finished it :)
Jan 10, 2013 12:32 PM
Jul 2012
5layer said:
5layer said:
shadowtsunami said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
There is something wrong here. How did this show go from 8.19 to 8.34 in like 1 day, and the vote counter went down too. Did something get reset or something? And god that dream at the beginning was funny. Actually, the whole episode was hilarious. Also the new op was pretty good. I liked the old one better maybe. But it is very creative.
MAL updates the scoring twice a day. Also it is the middle of the series and that's when a lot of people start scoring the show, which means the score changes drastically. Also when it ends people again people score/rescore the show. It's like how Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun went from 8.34 to 8.13 and Sukitte Ii nayo went from 8.00 to 7.81 after they finished airing. Same goes for Pscyho Pass once it hit the halfway point it went from like 7.9 to 8.34 too. Matter of fact most shows I'm watching went up by like .3. But this may drop back to 8.19 at the end.
Actually this score rise was like some bug. It happened to JoJo, Psycho Pass, Robotics Notes and all other airing shows that are 2 seasons long. It hasn't happened before and was likely caused by them changing the way the scoring system works. If you take the true average of the scores on sakurasou, its score is still 8.218. All those other shows I listed are also quite a bit lower. The score change you are referring to only happens when the show gets marked as finished, not while it is still airing.
Quoting myself like a boss.

Looks like the ratings have fixed themselves on all the anime I mentioned (including sakurasou).

In other news, all the top manga scores got trashed pretty badly. Now the whole top list is jumbled.

Damn manga list sure looks messed up.
Jan 10, 2013 12:57 PM

Oct 2012
Well Aoyama and Sorata moment in this episode was good. But it's not gonna last long :( since Mashiro is the main girl here and obviously -.- well w/e

Sorata suddenly became a total asshole here no offense lol.. the way he snapped at Shiina smh
Jan 11, 2013 5:18 PM

Oct 2012
Sorata scolding Shiina in this episode was definitely harsh, but I can understand why he would snap like that. Being rejected from something he has been trying so hard to achieve would put a lot of stress on him and lots of jealousy on Shiina. Overall though, this episode was pretty good.

Jan 11, 2013 5:57 PM

Aug 2011
That promise is gonna come back to bite Aoyama :(
Jan 13, 2013 4:52 AM

Aug 2011
Didn't like Sorata's actions in this ep. The comedy in the earlier parts were absolutely hilarious (like always) though.

Promise being stressed = drama in the near future
Don't know what I feel about that...
Jan 13, 2013 7:59 AM
Nov 2012
Sorato no baka? no, he's such an asshole :v
Jan 13, 2013 1:06 PM

Jul 2010
I really hope for Nanami nothing will come up for Sorata on Christmas Eve, even though it's pretty obvious he'll end up with Mashiro.

Jan 14, 2013 2:37 AM

Sep 2010
He's trash.
Jan 14, 2013 4:35 PM

Jan 2012
shiina is starting to know what is love... yeaaayyyy!!! good for you sorata
Jan 14, 2013 7:02 PM

Oct 2012
you guys, you have to understand why Sorata yelled at Shiina that way. He was once again shot down at the chance of being a video game creator. Seeing Shiina so sucessful with her manga, he just can't help but feel like he's useless. Also, Shiina just so happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Jan 14, 2013 8:01 PM

Sep 2010
Sure, because is Mashiro's fault that he's a useless human scum...
Yup, seems legit.
Jan 14, 2013 11:37 PM

Nov 2012
HacheKa said:
Yup, seems legit.

It's so funny reading these comments of people trying to defend what Sorata did as right and acceptable.
Jan 15, 2013 1:29 PM

Oct 2012
Naxrrhid said:
HacheKa said:
Yup, seems legit.

It's so funny reading these comments of people trying to defend what Sorata did as right and acceptable.
I found both types of comments funny, especially yours, lol ^_^
Jan 15, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
HacheKa said:
Yup, seems legit.

That's not quite right...he's jealous of Mashiro. Just human nature, not her fault. (I'm assuming you were being sarcastic...)

Jan 16, 2013 7:01 PM

Sep 2010
Yes I was sarcastic, isn't her fault at all, he should just kill himself if he's so depressed instead of trashing a girl because she was "in the wrong place at the wrong time".

Naxrrhid said:
HacheKa said:
Yup, seems legit.

[dictionary]Sarcasm.[/dictionary] It didn't work.

haha sorry to everyone but that guy really pisses me off.
Jan 17, 2013 9:36 AM

Aug 2011
Wow, how did they have two perfect songs again for the second batch of OP and EDs! Loved hearing them.

Shiina's clearly changed, that much is evident by the way she speaks. I'm very excited at how Sorata accepted Nanami's invitation. I hope they have a comfy moment together next episode.
Jan 17, 2013 8:10 PM

Dec 2012
ForbiddenSins said:

Thank's AnimeHAwk616, i'll take your suggestion and drop it for now. I'll peruse the forums once the show ends to see if peoples reactions change.

Now, now, I personally think this show is starting to show it's true potential! I'm not gonna stop you, but I just thought you try yourself on more episode! I know most people say to watch 1~2 episodes than decide to drop or not drop the show, but then what would've happened to shows like Steins;Gate?

Yes, I understand you tolerated 14 episodes of Kanda's retardation, but there is worse! Even then, you would be leaving precious Shiina behind! D:

Kidding aside, I think this show is going to end leaving some good feelings! Probably a season 2, to be honest. But it's beautiful to watch and the plot isn't downright terrible! As a fan of Sakurasou (and Shiina. Mostly Shiina), try one more!

Edit: What I mean to say is that I need more people to discuss this anime with! It's very lonely when I'm the only one who watched it in my school D: Don't wanna lose MAL viewers, too!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2013 7:47 PM

Sep 2011
Aoyama FINALLY gets 1 point, not sure how I feel about that.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 19, 2013 7:48 PM

Sep 2011
Sorata is no where the shitty character that Yuki Rito is, or the 3rd rate harem characters are, but I still dislike him.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 20, 2013 9:57 AM

Oct 2012
JcobtheKid said:
ForbiddenSins said:

Thank's AnimeHAwk616, i'll take your suggestion and drop it for now. I'll peruse the forums once the show ends to see if peoples reactions change.

Now, now, I personally think this show is starting to show it's true potential! I'm not gonna stop you, but I just thought you try yourself on more episode! I know most people say to watch 1~2 episodes than decide to drop or not drop the show, but then what would've happened to shows like Steins;Gate?

Yes, I understand you tolerated 14 episodes of Kanda's retardation, but there is worse! Even then, you would be leaving precious Shiina behind! D:

Kidding aside, I think this show is going to end leaving some good feelings! Probably a season 2, to be honest. But it's beautiful to watch and the plot isn't downright terrible! As a fan of Sakurasou (and Shiina. Mostly Shiina), try one more!

Edit: What I mean to say is that I need more people to discuss this anime with! It's very lonely when I'm the only one who watched it in my school D: Don't wanna lose MAL viewers, too!
Well, I did tell him to give it one or two more episodes, but apparently he just looked at the phrase "drop it".p I guess that means he just wanted to drop it. What ever. And don't worry, if you can't find people to discuss with, I'm always here ^_^ but I don't think you have to worry about losing MAL viewers, cause I think this show is strong enough to keep most of it's audience till the end.
Jan 21, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2009
I see Nanami's getting a push in the story. As one from her camp, I can't say I'm not happy about this. But it does feel quite ominous to me. Something dramatic is going to happen next episode. Then again, such moments happen frequently here...

Meanwhile, Sorata's relationship with Mashiro seems to have gotten snagged on a rock. He snapped at her again after what seems to be another letter informing him of failure - he's jealous of her having talents again, compared to what he sees as himself only having effort to make up for the lack of one.

Looks like Misaki is going all out on Jin as well with that request she made of both Sorata and Nanami. Her assaults and extreme methods do not work in broad daylight on the master lady killer Jin, and now she prepares for her last resort...
Jan 25, 2013 5:58 AM

Aug 2007
Well, finally Im continuing watching this anime after a short hiatus.

1. So, Shiina is in love but she doesnt know it. How many episodes we will wait until somebody tell her?
2. Weird ending, but I like it. Better than the first.
Jan 28, 2013 11:24 PM

Jun 2012
Dammit Sorata. You snapped at her AGAIN?!
Feb 6, 2013 7:37 PM

Sep 2010
The new OP and ED are good but I'll miss how hype DAYS of DASH got me.
Poor Shiina doesn't understand her love and Sorata gets yells at her because of his anger from the game news. Looks like Aoyama will try to make a move.
Feb 22, 2013 7:26 AM

Apr 2012
The pinky promise between Sorata and Nanami was actually pretty cute :3
Mar 1, 2013 10:21 AM

Jul 2008
The humor in this show is starting to annoy me instead of making me laugh. Sorata's reactions to everyone's quirks is just getting old. Shiina will always say misleading things with a deadpan expression. Mikaski will always be inappropriate. You don't have to freak out every time.

If Sorata ends up going to the publisher's party with Shiina instead of the play with Aoyama I am just done with this show. Way too much forced drama (or at least drama I can't get into idk).
Mar 6, 2013 11:41 PM

Sep 2012
when Sorata hung up on his sister,
died laughing
Mar 10, 2013 1:01 AM

Jan 2011
I guess this is the start of the drama that caused me to pick it up again, this looks like it'll be interesting.
I want to see more Ryuunosuke though, he's badass.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 27, 2013 5:18 AM

Nov 2008
more relationship development coming up..
Apr 1, 2013 10:40 PM

Sep 2011
I adored the first OP and ED, but these two aren't too bad either! xD

I'm liking this serious route their taking now as well. :)
Apr 3, 2013 11:31 PM

Mar 2012
This was a surprisingly poor episode, as, though somewhat predictable, it noticeably failed to logically transition from the rather meaningful narrative inferences that were filtered into the last several episodes to the subsequent developments that were found in this one, instead illuminating a disappointing reversion within numerous aspects of the established narrative, as though the conclusion of the first arc was merely an intentional attempt to portray a misdirection from the true nature of the narrative‘s progression. As such, I felt that several of the dramatic complications, aside from the immensely tedious manner with which they were introduced, were illustrated, rather than suitably complex, as a concoction of startlingly rudimentary contrivances. This, of course, wasn’t at all beneficial to the effectiveness of this episode or the foreshadowed progression of the story, as it appears to indicate the possibility that truly meaningful developments will be withheld until the conclusion of the show approaches, which, though rather expected for this particular genre and the romantic elements within, is certainly an approach to storytelling that far too heavily adheres towards the conventional constraints of a quasi-triangular romance.

Sorata’s slightly romantic dream was a nice touch, as it illustrates that his interest in Mashiro is slowly developing. However, one of the most disappointing elements within this episode is the stagnancy of Sorata and Mashiro‘s inevitable romance. Aside from Sorata’s dream towards the beginning of the episode, their previously natural progression has been partially reverted, as Sorata is apprehensive of her slowly developing independence; to the point where he directly indicates a preference towards Mashiro’s older self, which, in itself, would be a suitably complex reaction, but, rather than these subtly felt fears remaining subdued, he’s actively attempting to constrain her ability to display meaningful growth, which is considerably selfish. At the very least, it was a slightly more nuanced complication in their relationship, so I hope it doesn’t continue to be filtered into the narrative in a similar fashion to many of the excessively overwrought dramatics that have been increasingly strewn into several of the previous episodes.

The most compelling insight within this episode, by far, was the subtle development of Mashiro’s emotions, as she’s gradually displaying a softly-spoken maturation and a particularly satisfying desire for a heightened self-sufficiency, most effectively illustrated by her determined attempts to cook for Sorata. This methodical evolution was also alluded to by the thoroughly noticeable contrast in her voice’s intonation between the early portions of this episode and the latter half. I’m hoping that Ryuunosuke and Rita are provided with a slightly more significant focus as the story progresses, since their typically comedic interludes have definitely become the highlight of each episode.

Sorata was quite unlikable throughout this episode, as he’s childishly deflecting his momentary failure and subsequent anger onto Mashiro, which, of course, was highly inconsiderate. I did, however, love Mashiro’s closing words, in which she emotionally reacts by clutching her chest and yelling for him to get out of her. This moment, once again, illuminated a particularly interesting development of her emotions. As such, though I am usually intrigued by Sorata’s flawed characterization, his thoughtless tendencies were far too prevalent, as his compulsory response to Mashiro‘s miniscule mistake displayed a distinctly selfish affectation that had seemingly been discarded as his character developed, which, in turn, induced a sense of pointless tedium within his characterization, as though it was solely illustrated in order to heighten the dramatic nature of the story. This is indicative of rather weak execution within the narrative, and I’m hoping, though it appears somewhat unlikely, that this intermittent flaw will disappear altogether as the story proceeds, since it’s a tiresome contrivance that only serves to temporarily cripple the effectiveness of the show.

Sorata and Aoyama’s “moment” towards the end wasn’t effective at all, since, as usual, it was incredibly one-sided, and, above all, it illustrates a certain naivety and nearly deliberate obliviousness from Aoyama that’s becoming needlessly repetitive and quite intrusive. Of course, Aoyama’s involvement is highly unnecessary altogether, due especially to the mutual feelings between Sorata and Mashiro, but it appears increasingly possible that this exceedingly predictable dynamic will vaguely linger until the conclusion of the story arrives, unfortunately. As such, due to Aoyama’s seeming awareness of Mashiro and Sorata’s entwined emotions, her hopeful attempts to essentially go on a date with him were quite desperate, illuminating, yet again, a potentially intentional attempt to constantly delude herself into some tenuous dismissal of the thoroughly obvious, as it should have been perfectly clear that he wasn’t viewing their momentary rendezvous as anything but a friendly obligation.

Though I typically find Jin and Misaki’s relationship to be one of the most intriguing aspects of the narrative, their complicated emotions are becoming increasingly tedious and unnecessarily perplexing, particularly Jin’s altruism. I also don’t really understand what Jin is hoping to accomplish in thoughtlessly providing Aoyama with a pair of tickets to a play, as it only appears to be an intentional sort of motivation for Aoyama to invite Sorata on a “date”. Of course, that would be a considerably understandable gesture under normal circumstances, but, given that he seems to have fully perceived the subtly flourishing romance between Sorata and Mashiro, it solely feels as though he’s carelessly compelling her towards further attempts to intrude on a relationship that will inevitably result in heartbreak for her.

The humor, for whatever reason, has been greatly diminished in favor of repetitive and largely unconvincing dramatics, which, as expected, doesn’t exactly complement the typically enjoyable nature of the show. For example, Sorata’s momentary berating of Mashiro, though slightly realistic given the context, is a development that only isolates Sorata as a character that hasn’t significantly grown throughout the entire show, despite several elements of maturation that were filtered into his characterization during the latter half of the previous arc.

The stale direction was one of the weaker aspects within the episode, as, for the most part, it failed to properly convey the appropriate emotions during several sequences, save for Mashiro and Sorata’s conversation at the end, which was impressively handled. As such, throughout much of the episode, the interactions were poorly framed and visually uninspired. The new OP was quite enjoyable and visually interesting, as well as a slight improvement over the last, especially since it essentially solidifies the foreshadowed perception of Mashiro and Sorata’s eventual relationship. The ED, on the other hand, though decent, wasn’t nearly as impressive as the first.

All in all, Sakurasou disappointingly followed one of it’s best episodes with what was easily one of it’s worst. The narrative, hopefully temporarily, has deteriorated in a rather disappointing and significant fashion, due largely to the contrived and wholly unnecessary adherence towards the conventional dynamics that were present at the beginning of the story, displaying a noticeable flaw in narrative execution, wherein a plethora of narrative stagnancies and absurd complications are repetitiously filtered into the story following nearly every single meaningful development within the various relationships, particularly Mashiro and Sorata’s. Unfortunately, the continuously stalled nature of several threads within the narrative alludes to the considerable potential for a monotonous arc and a rushed conclusion, in which the inevitable relationship between Mashiro and Sorata isn’t even partially established until the very end.
Apr 10, 2013 12:10 AM

Sep 2012
Wow at the new OP and ED... Emo Sorata... o.o
May 2, 2013 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
Just wtf man, why go off at Mashiro~ argh so friggin frustrated with Sorata hes the one thats irritating me!
May 9, 2013 10:47 PM
Jan 2008
Kirito always failing his game , Mashiro always succeeding , RAGEEEEE
May 10, 2013 5:17 AM

May 2012
Long time I saw an anime do it right with the middle being the change to a new OP & ED! They were quite nice as well. Shiina could be a perfect fit for a Yandere! Dreaming about knifes and all! Some nice progress with all the characters while Xmas is around the corner, lets see what's next!
May 10, 2013 10:38 AM
Nov 2012
I want Sorata to go after Mashiro but then I also want him to go for Aoyano. Damn it, someone, show your ugly side so I can hate you (though I don't want that).

But seriously, this episode was hilarious. Loved when Mashiro is trying to kiss Jin and then he says don't rape me in broad daylight :D
Jun 3, 2013 12:10 AM
Aug 2012
I get the feeling something really depressing is going to happen...pls no.
Jun 9, 2013 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
Really? Did they just pull the "I didn't hear your 'confession' from the background noise" card? Oh for fuck's sake :/

Ffff, Sorata why are you stupid, how can you not realize what Mashiro wants? >_<
And now he will go out with Nanami on Christmas Eve... I don't want him to hurt Mashiro anymore ;_;
Mashiro should go yandere with that knife, lol.
Though again, I can understand Sorata's frustration (seems like his work got rejected again), but it's not like Mashiro did anything bad, she just wants to do normal girl things.
Mashiro's "then get out of me" was kind of sad :/

New OP and ED are decent, the previous ones were a lot better.
Jul 10, 2013 7:52 PM

May 2013
New OP and ED spices things up a bit. Speaking of spicing things up, is it me or is the romance starting to kick in? Aoyama or Mishiro, which will he choose in the end, if any? Stay tuned to find out...

Also, Jin, my brother, you need to man up and give the darn girl an answer, stop ignoring her feelings.

Plus, why does Sorata go rage mode so much?
Jul 20, 2013 12:59 AM

Feb 2008
Omg, Best Love Letter EVAAAAAR XD

That idiot needs to stop taking his frustrations out on Mashiro and stop trying to pigeon hole her into being a reclusive, helpless shut-in that needs him to survive :/

He also needs to hurry up and pick a girl decisively, dragging it out likes his is just going to add pointless melodrama and inflict unnecessary pain on Aoyama (since it'll be a Mashiro ending if there is an ending at all).
Aug 27, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2008
PhoenixIce said:
Kirito always failing his game , Mashiro always succeeding , RAGEEEEE

We all know when someone has been watching too much SAO..
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Aug 31, 2013 8:55 PM

Nov 2009
Kanda is an idiot. You know he is going to somehow break his promise with Aoyama, meanwhile he is also shooting himself in the foot with Shiina who couldn't be any clearer that she loves him. As far as romance goes this anime just took a fatal blow, I hate romance where the MC is more dense than lead.
Sep 6, 2013 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
Haha had quite a few laughs with this episode. But then it goes from laughs to all serious :o
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do You Remember This Anime?

Fantom_Slayer - Sep 5

39 by Kagayaku3_0 »»
Sep 23, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

642 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

403 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2012

245 by Megumin_SatouS2 »»
Aug 18, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2012

266 by Jeelan_oh_man »»
Jul 28, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.