Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2012 10:34 PM

May 2008
Dammmm , I loled when Asuna stripped and Kirito was all like oh i just wanted to stay in the same room . But hey they got married alls well that ends well .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 8, 2012 10:35 PM

Dec 2010
Sigh...I wonder if in just naive or overly optimistic to hope that he haters would tone down after great episodes or at least top episodes in this series but considering the amount of hate this series gets I guess I was both naive and overly optimistic to hope that the haters would tone down...

Anyway as a LN reader these chapters were arguably my favorite in volume 1 along with the "ending" so I'm glad it got animated well, as for people calling BS on the hand you shouldn't assume something to be a plot hole simply because you can't understand it, all of this was clearly explained in the novel, now im well aware that it's no reason justification for the anime if it leaves stuff out, but at the same time people should get that no anime adapts everything, it's like you want it to spell it out or something T_T, also another note is while you don't have to like the show isn't calling it overrated pointless? First off its not like saying that opinion is beneficial to anyone and secondly couldnt the same be said of your favorite shows, just saying...there is a fine line between valid criticism and posts with hateful intention, if u dislike the show no one is forcing u to watch it, If u watch to hope it gets better than at least show your optimism by not posting with hate all the time

Well in any case there should be 4 more episodes to the SAO arc, 2 for Yui and 2 for the "ending", looking forward to it, people may complain that Yuis story takes a step back but it's a needed one, and adds development to Kirito and Asuna while introducing a important character
Sep 8, 2012 10:37 PM
Apr 2011
Post-Josh said:
Makes sense, thanks. That's just such bad writing though, whyyyy.

On the subject of murdering someone, I don't think it's a big deal for him (practically since he's mostly on his own, but also morally). Maybe the novel dealt with it better, but it seemed as though he literally could not care less.

In the novels,

But then, maybe I'm just reading into it too much.
Sep 8, 2012 10:38 PM
Feb 2009
lol asuna u r so bold...

heck, they kissed, so it is officially game over for the other two girls?... =_="
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 8, 2012 10:40 PM

May 2012
lazy animation, as usual
/yawns
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 8, 2012 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
I really panicked when Kirito's life is already in Red HP, thank god Asuna save him.. then after that .. I was like
'Hey w-wait .. this is going to fast? In the last episode they were fighting and suddenly they got reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal close that they even kiss .. and to the extent .. m-m-m-m-aariage ???!! Oh did they did 'it'? lol It's too fast I can't pick up >___<
Sep 8, 2012 10:44 PM

Jan 2012
Shirubaasouru said:
lazy animation, as usual
/yawns

i thought the duel was animated pretty well :(
Sep 8, 2012 10:44 PM

Oct 2010
LN/Doujin spoiler:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:07 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 8, 2012 10:46 PM

Jan 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
LN/Doujin spoiler:

LN/Doujin spoiler:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:07 AM
Sep 8, 2012 10:47 PM

Oct 2011
Surprisingly chapter 16.5 wasn't adapted.
Lol
Sep 8, 2012 10:50 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

LN/Doujin spoiler:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:08 AM
Sep 8, 2012 10:51 PM

Mar 2009
E
AkaiRingo000 said:
I really panicked when Kirito's life is already in Red HP, thank god Asuna save him.. then after that .. I was like
'Hey w-wait .. this is going to fast? In the last episode they were fighting and suddenly they got reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal close that they even kiss .. and to the extent .. m-m-m-m-aariage ???!! Oh did they did 'it'? lol It's too fast I can't pick up >___<

Exactly what was happening on my end! XD I had to pause and freak out for a second when asuna got tired of wearing her clothes! XD

I was like

0_0

-_- <---- full 5 second blink.

0_o

Sep 8, 2012 10:52 PM

Mar 2012
11/10 best of season
Sep 8, 2012 11:02 PM

Oct 2011
>Takes off clothes
> Embarrassed
>Don't look at me uguuuu
>B-b-b-bb---b-b-b-b-b-bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-baka!

Typical bullshit.
Sep 8, 2012 11:11 PM

Jan 2011
Another great episode. Kinda expected that Kuradeel would try to kill Kirito and I seriously thought that Kirito lost his hand for good...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 8, 2012 11:13 PM
Jul 2012
Kye7 said:
>Takes off clothes
> Embarrassed
>Don't look at me uguuuu
>B-b-b-bb---b-b-b-b-b-bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-baka!

Typical bullshit.

What did you expect, its an anime... this was bound to happen.
Sep 8, 2012 11:14 PM

Apr 2012
Post-Josh said:
jBui said:
Post-Josh said:
Cheesy as all hell, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my favourite episode so far. Show makes a better romance than it does anything else. Concept of duel was weak, duel itself was weak, obvious fan-service was weak.

Also, what was with him getting his hand back? I thought the whole reason Asuna was crying was that he lost it and could no longer duel wield? I was yelling "luke!!!" at my screen, and then it just came back. That's some bullshit.

SAO is not like real life, imagine if SAO didn't end up being a death game, if someone lost their hand would they have to remake a character because they lost a body part? no you just have to heal up and it grows back (just like what happend in this ep). I imagine losing a body part is a "status effect" like paralysis until you cure it somehow

I understand that now, but that doesn't explain why they zoomed in on Kirito's hand disappearing and then Asuna balled her eyes out. What, she was so sorry that he had to take like, ten damage? I'm not sorry just because a Ratatat used tackle on my level 99 Pikachu. imho

she cried b/c she felt responsible for Kirito killing someone and being dragged into this whole ordeal b/c of her guild

Sep 8, 2012 11:14 PM

May 2010
inb4 fanservice
inb4 slut
inb4 Did they do it?
inb4 more bitching
( ¬‿¬)
this made me laugh^

I SMELL HACKS, when the fight was going on or im just hella salty.

Stupid ass bodyguard good he got what he deserved but does that make Kirito a PK'er? or not? anyways was wondering when all this was going to good down because one thing life has shown is that, some people cant bury the hatchet just like that, someone innocent had to die because of that, which sucks

and thank god Kirito got his hand back was about to be pissed off, if he didnt......

and let the shit ton of festivities begin cuz we all know its down hill from here
Sep 8, 2012 11:24 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
LN/Doujin spoiler:

Reply to LN/Doujin spoiler:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:09 AM
Sep 8, 2012 11:26 PM

Jul 2012
So is 16.5 Official or not? So many different statements from fellow MAListers, Would be grateful if someone had a verification link.
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:10 AM
Sep 8, 2012 11:27 PM

Jun 2012
Kirito's such a boss. He kissed her, fucked her, and then got married all in one day. I wish all protagonists were that assertive.
Sep 8, 2012 11:29 PM

Jan 2012
DivisionG said:
So is 16.5 Official or not? So many different statements from fellow MAListers, Would be grateful if someone had a verification link.

the author of SAO wrote it
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:10 AM
Sep 8, 2012 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
jBui said:
DivisionG said:

Yes, I've heard that many times before too but just as I believe that It is Official and the Author wrote it(I want it to be Official) . Someone jumps in and say it's fan fiction. I don't know who to believe...
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:12 AM
Sep 8, 2012 11:32 PM

Apr 2012
this was probably the best episode of SAO yet

the duel, asuna to the rescue, kuradeel getting pwned by kirito, the kiss
omgggggg <3

Sep 8, 2012 11:33 PM

Feb 2012
DivisionG said:
jBui said:
DivisionG said:

Yes, I've heard that many times before too but just as I believe that It is Official and the Author wrote it. Someone jumps in and say it's fan fiction. I don't know who to believe...

Believe us. It's not fanfiction.
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:12 AM
Sep 8, 2012 11:36 PM

Nov 2008
Lol, Kuradeel is sick. Best ep so far. Love the r/s development between Kirito and Asuna! Love the kiss too!

Just wondering, did they really do 'it'? Asuna seems to be naked in the last scene, in her bed. O_O
shimuchanSep 8, 2012 11:40 PM
Sep 8, 2012 11:40 PM

Feb 2011
Well the author may have wrote 16.5 he can declare whether it is canon or not because in one case the Side story there is but one ultimate way was written by the author yet declared not canon.
Sep 8, 2012 11:52 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
LN/Doujin spoiler:

LN/Doujin spoiler:
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:13 AM
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Sep 8, 2012 11:55 PM

Nov 2009
DivisionG said:

It was written by the Author himself, but it was a doujin which he wrote for fun, just like Sword Art Online: Material Editions

The Material Edition (ME) series is a series of doujinshis created by Kawahara Reki himself using the pen name "Kunori Fumio" (the same pen name he used when he wrote the web novel of SAO).

jBui said:
Yumekichi11 said:
LN/Doujin spoiler:

LN/Doujin spoiler:

it's an H-doujin, you better not read it ...
LunaSep 9, 2012 6:16 AM
Sep 8, 2012 11:59 PM

Jul 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:

It was written by the Author himself, but it was a doujin which he wrote for fun, just like Sword Art Online: Material Editions

The Material Edition (ME) series is a series of doujinshis created by Kawahara Reki himself using the pen name "Kunori Fumio" (the same pen name he used when he wrote the web novel of SAO).

I don't really see the point in debating whether 16.5 is official or unofficial, the ending of chapter 16 indicates they did it, 16.5 is there for people lacking imagination.
Sep 9, 2012 12:09 AM
Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Omg. I saw the screenies. Is that what I think it is?!?!?! Well, waiting for the subs. Will edit later.

They completely destroyed the epic battle between Kirito and Heathcliff. I know that they can't really prolong it but what the hell? That's it? Omg. Major facepalm.

What the fuck. They fucking skipped tons of characters. What's more, the new characters just popped out without any introduction. Hi Godfrey!! Bye Godfrey!! Damn it.

Seriously? They made it look like nothing happened. The incident with Cradil I mean. I guess the director really hates talking and shit. Just animate it! Dont explain anything! Good job A-1 !

Why? Why do they need to skip it? They were supposed to go back to HQ to tell Heathcliff what happened and ask for a temporary leave. Then Kirito was supposed to tell the stuff he said to Asuna on the way back not after defeating Cradil. So fail. FAIL.

Fuck this shit. Our chapter 16 - 16.5 were wasted. Holy mother of fuck. What a disappointment. Fuck.

I agree with almost every aspect of what you said mah brudda. They totally skipped out a lot of crap that should have been clarified, but i wouldn't go as far as to say it's a disappointment. I know inside that you thought the episode was...ehh slightly heart-warming and cute cuz I sure did !
Sep 9, 2012 12:09 AM

Feb 2011
The sex talk aside I loved the duel and then Kirito killing someone with his bare hands how beastly is that?
Sep 9, 2012 12:13 AM

Mar 2012
I can't understand why Asuna can't fight her own battles. She's the one who wanted to go with Kirito, Kirito wasn't trying to steal from her guild so why does he has to fight for her? stupid.
The fight scene was pretty cool though. Kirito went crazy the moment the fight started, I liked it. And look there, he actually loses sometimes.

It was actually funny looking at him with that white uniform, I liked the black one more, and white doesn't suits him. It was really cool to see the crazy dude again, obvious that it would be a trap. Obvious too that Asuna would go and rescue him. Obvious too that she would hesitate on killing the crazy dude. Obvious that Kirito would have to jump in the fight and kill the crazy dude for her, not so obvious though that he would lose his hand.

I wasn't expecting the love confession, kinda like wanted that to happened at the end or something, and stupid me because they were talking about marriage in the latest episodes. Oh, I misunderstood Kirito's words too, but kinda like hoped that he just wanted to spend time with her, and then... her really meant that! I was laughing so hard then because Asuna was already in her undies and the lights were off. They did have sex right? not cool. And, did they said they would 'take a break' from the guild thingy? does that mean we're going to watch their honeymoon life? Cause that doesn't sound interesting.

Ehm, this is kinda messy and I apologize for that, can't really express myself and english is not my fort. But hey, at least is readable.
Sep 9, 2012 12:15 AM
Apr 2011
hatahari said:

16.5 was released on his website; it was never in the novels to my knowledge ( and prolly would've gotten him banned on a few shelves due to the level of content contained therein)

uneksia said:
I can't understand why Asuna can't fight her own battles. She's the one who wanted to go with Kirito, Kirito wasn't trying to steal from her guild so why does he has to fight for her? stupid.
The fight scene was pretty cool though. Kirito went crazy the moment the fight started, I liked it. And look there, he actually loses sometimes.

He fought for her because he felt like it. I interpreted it as a spur of the moment move. She's more than capable of fighting her own battles, but Kirito lost his head at Heathcliff's possessiveness ("If you think you can have her, fight for her" sort of deal)
Sep 9, 2012 12:15 AM

Oct 2011
I can't believe how fast this thread have grown in just a couple of days since EP10 got released, seems to me everyone is anticipating theVol1 Chap16 adaption so badly :D
Sep 9, 2012 12:16 AM

Sep 2011
Sooo On The Last Part About Kirito Said Something Dumb, Was That A Cock-Block Or Not?

Sep 9, 2012 12:16 AM

Aug 2009
Arcriatrix said:
I can't believe how fast this thread have grown in just a couple of days since EP10 got released, seems to me everyone is anticipating theVol1 Chap16 adaption so badly :D

kids who can't get none, need to verify that their dream hero at least can...makes them sleep better at nights
Sep 9, 2012 12:17 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The episode was okay; the duel was nice, though overall there could've been several things done to streamline the story telling a bit.

Not bad though.
Sep 9, 2012 12:18 AM

Sep 2011
Wowowowowow, they're already up to Chapter 16? That was FAST. o_o Must have cut out so many details, I need to read the novel now =_=
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Sep 9, 2012 12:20 AM
Apr 2011
Arcriatrix said:

I'm surprised people actually thought 16.5 would make it into the actual series, since it was quite a surprise when I read it in the first place xD

What amuses me is that this board is almost at 10k posts, and it's not even halfway through the series yet xD
Sep 9, 2012 12:26 AM
Dec 2008
WHY AM I ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i need to find the asuna in my life...
Sep 9, 2012 12:29 AM

Jun 2007
What caused Kirito to red out when he was fighting the guild leader? Was that something in the real world that caused it or was that another special move/hack that the Guild leader had? I stopped at this part in the manga so I'm not sure if it was ever answered or not.
Sep 9, 2012 12:32 AM

Nov 2009
uneksia said:

What an emotion you have got there ... I haven't experienced it since the day I watched Clannad ... Actually I wouldn't expect Asuna to come and rescued him If I hadn't read the novel ... I might thought he was just gonna pull something out again to amaze the audience lol.

And yes we're gonna watch their honeymoon life in the next couple of episode.
Sep 9, 2012 12:33 AM

Apr 2012
DeathfireD said:
What caused Kirito to red out when he was fighting the guild leader? Was that something in the real world that caused it or was that another special move/hack that the Guild leader had? I stopped at this part in the manga so I'm not sure if it was ever answered or not.

i was thinking the same thing but it's probably a hidden power of his or a cheat that will probably be explained later in the anime

Sep 9, 2012 12:34 AM

Oct 2009
Adaptation is almost completely shit. If they fail my Yui arc then I will be very mad indeed.

But ...

DIDN'T MATTER; HAD SEX.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2012 12:46 AM

Feb 2009
DeathfireD said:
It was just a super-slow motion scene where Heathcliff's shield moved in an unnatural speed to block. Kirito's last attack was suppose to hit but it got blocked.

Copy-paste of that scene in the novels:
Sep 9, 2012 1:03 AM

Sep 2008
wow, this escalated quickly, so this was like 10 chapters long in the LN, and 20 mins, wow, thts amazing (i can still imagine the narrating voice of kirito explaing everything that happens...i wanna read the LN again...i think i have a problem with this series)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 9, 2012 1:07 AM
Jul 2012
I'm usually one who subtly hates on the show, but I'd give this one a 4/5. Characters finally picking up, but ohhhh that terrible pace.
Sep 9, 2012 1:11 AM

Jun 2010
and i approve their marriage :)
best ep so far, it just soo swEEt~ >.<
Sep 9, 2012 1:11 AM
Oct 2011
Netto_Azure said:
Kye7 said:
Quit fucking arguing about some Sword Art Online sex.
If you want porn, head over to eporner.com

Here's your fucking porn comic, weeaboos.
http://www.fakku.net/doujinshi/sword-art-extra-english/read#page=6

I personally prefer DL Action 70. ROTFL.

But yeah, most anime today has ton's of ecchi, but rarely ever gets to 4th base if ever, so of course it draws a lot of attention.
You're forgetting someone here:

Yukiteru got laid before Kirito AND it was animated.
Pages (26) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

61 by imjayhime »»
42 minutes ago

» SAO watch order

18s - 11 hours ago

12 by akatsukinoluna »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

951 by Rexnihilo »»
Sep 7, 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.