Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 16, 2008 3:20 PM

Jun 2008
I play the Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, and Bass. I am a beginner at the acoustic (don't really like it that much), advanced at the Electric Guitar, and Intermediate at the Bass. Here is my equipment:

Epiphone EJ Acoustic Guitar
Dogulas 6 String Bass
Schecter C-1 Elite Electric Guitar (2006, discontinued)
Schecter Revenger 7 Electric Guitar (2002, 7 string, discontinued)
B-52 ST-6012 All Tube 60watt amplifier

And I have a bunch of pedals that aren't really worth mentioning but hell, why not mention them anyway?

BOSS Metal Zone MT-2
Digitech Death Metal Pedal (sucks)
BOSS Dynamic Wah AW-3
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1
BOSS Super Overdrive SD-1

I will proably buy a Delay Pedal and a Flanger soon, when I get the extra cash.

Instruments I plan on taking up, after mastering the ones I am playing (might be awhile):

-12 String Acoustic
-Harp Guitar
-Flute
-Saxophone
-Banjo
-Drums

Music I play:
Electric Guitars - Classic Rock, Classic Metal, Doom Metal, Sludge Metal, Blues, Jazz, Shred
Bass - Classic Metal, Blues, Doom Metal
Acoustic Guitar - Classical Music

I just bought some recording software, I just don't have the time to install it.

Influences In Music:
-Grateful Dead
-Black Sabbath
-Jimi Hendrix
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Metallica
-Electric Wizard
-Orange Goblin
-Motorhead
-Dying Fetus
-Cannibal Corpse
cyruzJul 16, 2008 4:17 PM
I'm back.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2008 3:24 PM

Feb 2007
I used to play the baritone/euphonium and a little trombone in middle and high school. Stopped after graduating because I didn't continue into the college music program.

I wish I knew the piano and violin though.
Jul 16, 2008 3:42 PM
Aug 2007
I once played violin - it was mandatory in grade school and I blew at it. Same with the saxophone.

I still play a little recorder now and then ;D
Jul 16, 2008 3:43 PM

Nov 2007
I play guitar and piano.

I took guitar lessons for 4 years, and I taught myself how to play piano (which I've been doing since I was little).
Jul 16, 2008 3:52 PM

May 2008
Well, i'm one of those people who flit from thing to thing! However i have played Guitar, Violin and Piano. I probably stuck to Guitar longest mainly because my father plays also! Oh and i played recorder back in primary school! I think thats all..!
Jul 16, 2008 4:46 PM

Dec 2007
I used to take piano lessons, but decided to stop after 3 years (didn't like the overdose of classic I was getting). I kinda regret it, since it's a nice ability to play an instrument but it's definitely not to late to pick it up again.
Jul 16, 2008 5:54 PM

Jul 2008
I've played the violin for about 12 years now. I'm not pro material but I'm good enough so that it isn't normally painful to listen to me.
Every day you spend without a smile, is a lost day.
Jul 16, 2008 6:19 PM

Mar 2008
I played saxophone from 6th-12th grade, but stopped after I graduated. I may pick it up again someday.

Jul 16, 2008 6:34 PM

Mar 2008
I don't currently play an instrument. I'd like to learn how to play the guitar, but lack the time or the patience to sit down and learn how to play properly.
Alliance: In international politics, the union of two thieves who have their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pocket that they cannot separately plunder a third.
-Ambrose Bierce
Jul 16, 2008 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
I've played Trumpet, Tuba, Sousaphone, and the good ol' Electric Guitar.
Jul 16, 2008 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
I play the flute in the school's band and the electric guitar. Still suck after 2 years of lessons and I usually practice 3 times a week for 45-60 each time.
Jul 16, 2008 6:45 PM

Jun 2008
BlackRubie said:
I play the flute in the school's band and the electric guitar. Still suck after 2 years of lessons and I usually practice 3 times a week for 45-60 each time.

Which do you practice? The guitar or flute?

I usually don't 'practice' the electric guitar, I just play it, and it comes to me. Lately I have been taking online lessons and learning scales/music theory, and I have improved drastically. I play anywhere from 1-10 hours a day on my guitars.

You really have to play your guitar every day to become good, not just practice.
I'm back.
Jul 16, 2008 7:00 PM

Jul 2007
if this wasnt already posted ill chop off my fingers but anyway.

i find playing guitar to be such a pain. srsly like everyone plays guitar, and while yeah i practiced everyday for like forever and got crazy good...i just got bored. id much rather play my trombone/synth/drums and songwrite/produce over practicing to get better technically at guitar.

i think i played guitar for like 5-7 years (jazz, ska, rock), it just got old. whenever i'm picking up the guitar now, its my classical guitar to play some italian tunes. i was in a swing band for the trombone but i havent been practicing enuf haha.

Jul 16, 2008 7:02 PM

May 2008
piano for 8 years , alto saxophone for 4, and guitar but i dont take guitar lessons. i end up playing the piano and my electric keyboards a lot more then anything else because it doesnt feel like i'm "practicing", it just like a great stress reliever.
i'll play basically anything, i like doing some zeppelin stuff on my electric keyboards..which are the best to expiriment with sounds

~sig by Windfall~

Jul 16, 2008 7:03 PM
Mar 2008
I play piano, guitar, bass, drums, and keyboards. Took like four years of classical piano when I was younger. Got bored because I couldn't play the songs I wanted in lessons, so I decided to continue by self teaching. After that I self taught guitar in seventh grade, then bass, then drums. It was quite easy to get into because everyone in my family can play something. I usually fill in with any of the instruments with my friends' bands or the family band. I play for fun, love playing any genre, and performing in general.
Jul 16, 2008 7:05 PM

Jun 2008
Frequencity said:

i find playing guitar to be such a pain. srsly like everyone plays guitar, and while yeah i practiced everyday for like forever and got crazy good...i just got bored. id much rather play my trombone/synth/drums and songwrite/produce over practicing to get better technically at guitar.

i think i played guitar for like 5-7 years (jazz, ska, rock), it just got old. whenever i'm picking up the guitar now, its my classical guitar to play some italian tunes. i was in a swing band for the trombone but i havent been practicing enuf haha.

Yeah if you don't practice the guitar for awhile you loose your skills fast. I don't see how you would find the guitar boring though, I have played for just about 3 years, and I have never gotten bored with it, and I play up to 10 hours a day.
I'm back.
Jul 16, 2008 7:09 PM

Aug 2007
i play the guitar. suck on it. :D
Jul 16, 2008 7:23 PM

Jul 2007
Nathan-the-Axe said:
Frequencity said:

Yeah if you don't practice the guitar for awhile you loose your skills fast. I don't see how you would find the guitar boring though, I have played for just about 3 years, and I have never gotten bored with it, and I play up to 10 hours a day.

i was referring to electric guitar as to the bored part..when i was a teenager i was totally into it, but eh. my electric guitar playing is kinda suck now, i still have all my theory and jazz stuff in my head...just my hands don't move that fast anymore hahaha. im not really into metal, and going beyond what i know in jazz theory is just a jump into madness. classical guitar i still love whenever i play, i mostly meant electric got boring. its almost just like an endless quest to get better and better. i just lost the what for part.

it sad, out of all the people that make up the realm of musicians, (no offense) electric guitarists are usually the worst kinds of people. they usually know the least theory, are pompous assholes who just want to show off, or just have terrible taste in music. not all are like that though, i know a bunch of great guys who play still.

Jul 16, 2008 7:27 PM

Feb 2008
I don't play any instruments, but I do have the ability to play three. I can play violin, guitar, and piano.
Jul 16, 2008 7:44 PM

Jun 2008
Frequencity said:
Nathan-the-Axe said:
Frequencity said:

i was referring to electric guitar as to the bored part..when i was a teenager i was totally into it, but eh. my electric guitar playing is kinda suck now, i still have all my theory and jazz stuff in my head...just my hands don't move that fast anymore hahaha. im not really into metal, and going beyond what i know in jazz theory is just a jump into madness. classical guitar i still love whenever i play, i mostly meant electric got boring. its almost just like an endless quest to get better and better. i just lost the what for part.

it sad, out of all the people that make up the realm of musicians, (no offense) electric guitarists are usually the worst kinds of people. they usually know the least theory, are pompous assholes who just want to show off, or just have terrible taste in music. not all are like that though, i know a bunch of great guys who play still.

Well the electric guitar is pretty much the flashiest instrument, you don't see many guys who want to get chicks playing the 2nd chair trumpet in the city orchestra, do you? Granted you have to work your ass off for it but nobody cares.

I'd say about 50% of the people who play the electric guitar just do it to get girls, money or whatever they want. The other 30% from a combination of the above, and wanting to do it for real, and the other 20% do it becuase they enjoy, and don't give a fuck what other people think.

I happen to be one of those people who enjoy playing instruments (mainly the guitar) and even if I never got any publicity, I would still enjoy myself and have fun. I play because I want to, I play when I want too, and I don't do it for anybody else, or any other selfish reasons.

Not bragging or anything, but there aren't many true guitarists like me who do it for the love of the music, and the enjoyment it gives them, as they do it for the chicks, the money, and the drugs. You probably just haven't met any real musicians. The guitar is plagued with fakers and posers who do it for the wrong reason because in many peoples opinion, it is the coolest instrument. The violent, trumpet, trumbone, etc, aren't filled with assholes because I'd say 90% if you are playing those instruments, you really want too, and aren't doing it just to improve how cool you are.

And as for the never-ending-quest to get better with the guitar, isn't that true for all instruments? Granted the on the guitar you can play many types of music, but if I knew there was a certain 'cap' to how good you could get at the guitar, I would personally not play it.
Sick_BastardJul 16, 2008 7:47 PM
I'm back.
Jul 16, 2008 8:22 PM

Jul 2007
Nathan-the-Axe said:
Not bragging or anything, but there aren't many true guitarists like me who do it for the love of the music, and the enjoyment it gives them, as they do it for the chicks, the money, and the drugs. You probably just haven't met any real musicians. The guitar is plagued with fakers and posers who do it for the wrong reason because in many peoples opinion, it is the coolest instrument. The violent, trumpet, trumbone, etc, aren't filled with assholes because I'd say 90% if you are playing those instruments, you really want too, and aren't doing it just to improve how cool you are.

And as for the never-ending-quest to get better with the guitar, isn't that true for all instruments? Granted the on the guitar you can play many types of music, but if I knew there was a certain 'cap' to how good you could get at the guitar, I would personally not play it.

haha not to sound like a jerk talking down to you but please dont tell me i probably havent met any 'real' musicians in my time as i've been playing music basically since i was born (many 'real musicians' don't view electric guitarists as musicians at all). referring to yourself as a 'true guitarist' also comes off as cocky, don't even think you're the only teenage guitarist that actually knows whats up with loving music.

i agree that guitar is unique in the ways that its outrageously popular and that people just go wild for any ole guitarist. its also unique as that in a year you can get pretty decent at the electric guitar without any theory knowledge, as opposed to most other instruments.
FrequencityJul 16, 2008 8:43 PM

Jul 16, 2008 8:24 PM

Nov 2007
Hey, everyone. Music rocks, so... Here I am. =D

Okay, so I can play a bit of the clarinet, percussionist things like the keybords (marimba, xylophone, mellophone, et cetera), I can play a little piano, and I have gone to state competetions and gotten into honour bands playing the bassoon. =D

THE BASSOON PWNS ALL.
Jul 16, 2008 8:56 PM

Jun 2008
Frequencity said:
Nathan-the-Axe said:

haha not to sound like a jerk talking down to you but please dont tell me i probably havent met any 'real' musicians in my time as i've been playing music basically since i was born (many 'real musicians' don't view electric guitarists as musicians at all). referring to yourself as a 'true guitarist' also comes off as cocky, don't even think you're the only teenage guitarist that actually knows whats up with loving music.

If you play an instrument, you are a musician, simple as that, even if it is the triangle or a gong. And yes, I know I came off extremely cocky with my post, and I didn't mean too. And I don't really understand your last sentence, but if you are saying I don't love music, you are wrong, because I listen to music almost ever waking hour, and I can say I really do love it.
I'm back.
Jul 16, 2008 9:57 PM

Feb 2008
I've played guitar since I was 5. It's been in my family for generations, and my mother is actually a rather well known guitarist.

I also play jaw harp, electric kazoo, concertina, harpsichord, piano, balalaika, mandolin, drums, bass, and almost anything esoteric. I can barely remember everything I know how to play.
Jul 16, 2008 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
Been playing the drums for about 6 and a half years now. I primarily play heavier stuff (all different metals, you know), just cause that's what I enjoy most, but can certainly, and have, played other stuff.

Jul 16, 2008 10:46 PM

Nov 2007
I've been playing Violin since grade 3 (for 7 yrs now) and I started piano this year
Jul 16, 2008 11:53 PM

Jul 2007
Nathan-the-Axe said:
And I don't really understand your last sentence, but if you are saying I don't love music, you are wrong, because I listen to music almost ever waking hour, and I can say I really do love it.

haha nah thats not what im saying man dont jump all around to wild conclusions, but its all good. loving the music you play is always a good thing. i was just saying i know a couple of people that i played horns with in a swing band (mostly older dudes) that didnt even think of electric guitar players as musicians. they would always say most of the dudes playing guitar don't appreciate the real music (which to them is like the classics you know classical, swing, jazz) or know any theory behind what they're doing.

i agree with the more as long as you enjoy it and put effort into your playing, itll turn out to be great.

Mirror said:
I've been playing Violin since grade 3 (for 7 yrs now) and I started piano this year

im so upset i never got into violin. its always been one of my most fav sounding instruments!!
FrequencityJul 16, 2008 11:57 PM

Jul 17, 2008 12:05 AM
Sep 2007
I learned the piano when I was on 1st grade. Now, I am separated with my beloved piano and my only access is a church which is an hour's drive...*sigh*

But the violin, I can play the scales, my neckbones still hurt so I guess that's not counted. The recorder I can play basically.

I wish I could play guitar, though. But my fingers can't. I have a defect on two fingers of my left hand (which is also one of the reason my Mom enrolled me to piano lessons).

Jul 17, 2008 12:21 AM

Jun 2008
sweetburntlips said:
I learned the piano when I was on 1st grade. Now, I am separated with my beloved piano and my only access is a church which is an hour's drive...*sigh*

But the violin, I can play the scales, my neckbones still hurt so I guess that's not counted. The recorder I can play basically.

I wish I could play guitar, though. But my fingers can't. I have a defect on two fingers of my left hand (which is also one of the reason my Mom enrolled me to piano lessons).

Don't get discouraged. Tony Iommi, one of the best guitarists of all time, and the frontman for Black Sabbath, had the tops of his middle and index finger cut off in an accident, and he went to create some of the most famous riffs in history.
I'm back.
Jul 17, 2008 4:50 AM

Apr 2008
I used to play drums for a long period, but i sold it because i didnt want to continue with it.
Jul 17, 2008 5:07 AM

May 2008
I used to play piano, but my homeworks and sport took all the time for me Q__Q
Jul 17, 2008 5:07 AM

Dec 2007
I play the piano, it's really fun and rewarding. and i'm learning (and failing) at guitar (acoustic). lame huh?
Jul 17, 2008 5:56 AM

Jun 2007
I can play anything I get my hands on (expert cowbell player)

And sometimes some thin that resembles a tune comes out
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]
Jul 17, 2008 6:45 AM

Mar 2008
I've been playing the violin since i was eight and piano for just as much.Started the cello, then quit xD LoLxD. My uncle is taught me to play the guitar a bit, but i wanna learn to play the DRUMS!!YAY!!!xD oh, i once had to play the triangle at an orchestra concert when i was like 8, before the violin xD LoLxD TRIANGLES *ding*...that's all homies!!!PEACE :D
Jul 17, 2008 7:00 AM

May 2008
Play the harmonica, recently picked up the Saxophone.Going to pick up the Violin too.
Jul 17, 2008 7:46 AM

May 2008
I use to play the flute, but not anymore.
Jul 17, 2008 8:18 AM

Feb 2008
I can play the piano, recorder (lulz) and bass.
Jul 17, 2008 9:13 AM

Apr 2008
LolitaDecay said:
I can play the piano, recorder (lulz) and bass.

Recorders are hardcore, three blind mice ftw.

As well as the recorder I can play guitar, bass and trumpet. But I don't have a trumpet anymore

Jul 17, 2008 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
i can play the drums. Its fun jam with the band i'm in. ^___^
Jul 17, 2008 9:38 AM

Apr 2008
I used to play the Trombone in Middle School but I eventually got lazy and Mom told me that if I wasn't going to play then I needed to just quit cause she didn't want to keep paying on something I wasn't going to use. I think the only reason I even wanted to play a trombone was because of that Jumbone Commercial. ^^;

Oh and I can also play the piano a little. I have a little electric one but it's boxed up right now. ^^;

Jul 17, 2008 12:21 PM

Jun 2008
Violin, Piano, and Bass Guitar. The violin for 11 years, the Piano for like..5-6 years (?) and Bass Guitar for like 1-2 years.

Bass is by far the best. I love it. It's also awesome to jam within family, cause my brother plays drums and my cousins play guitar.
Jul 17, 2008 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
I've been playing the clarinet for 11 years. I'd teach myself the sax if I had one.
Jul 17, 2008 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
-hoshi- said:
Violin, Piano, and Bass Guitar. The violin for 11 years, the Piano for like..5-6 years (?) and Bass Guitar for like 1-2 years.

Bass is by far the best. I love it. It's also awesome to jam within family, cause my brother plays drums and my cousins play guitar.

Yeah, I just got a 6 string bass about a month ago, and ever since I got it I haven't really touched my guitars. Just got myself a 100watt Bass Amp today so I can jam even more. Before I was playing it unplugged so I wouldn't ruin my tube amp.

I really can't put my bass down. I want to make a band made up of all bassists, who just jam the hell out the whole time. That would be awesome.
I'm back.
Jul 18, 2008 4:47 AM

Sep 2007
Does singing includes as an "instrument"?. If not, I'll add that I play drums too.
Jul 18, 2008 5:26 AM

May 2008
I once played the cello for my middle school orchestra in 8th grade, and I really used to play the keyboard religiously. :3

Jul 18, 2008 7:51 AM

Mar 2008
Yes, I play more than four (specify how many in post) (your vote)

I've used to play:

*Guitar (electric mainly)
*Piano
*Drums
*Base

I listen to metal but I only play soft songs on guitar for the ladies =9
Jul 18, 2008 10:41 AM

Jun 2008
Nathan-the-Axe said:

Yeah, I just got a 6 string bass about a month ago, and ever since I got it I haven't really touched my guitars. Just got myself a 100watt Bass Amp today so I can jam even more. Before I was playing it unplugged so I wouldn't ruin my tube amp.

I really can't put my bass down. I want to make a band made up of all bassists, who just jam the hell out the whole time. That would be awesome.

oooo 6 strings? Mine's the standard 4 strings.. :P

Sweet~ If we ever meet up in RL, you should totally create that band. I'd definitely join.
Jul 18, 2008 12:42 PM

Feb 2008
I've never played a six string bass... I do love my Dannelectro bari, though. I use that for bass tracks on my stuff. I use that as rhythm guitar and it really adds great richness.
Jul 18, 2008 12:49 PM

Jul 2008
I play the Viola, Piano, and Clarinet. Viola for 3 years, Piano for a few weeks, and Clarinet for 4 years.

Jul 19, 2008 9:43 AM

Mar 2008
I used to play the flute long ago but now I play clarinet (7 years) and I teach myself to play piano.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Come up with a ridiculous reason to take off the user's clothes above ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Absurdo_N - May 20

341 by crescensXG »»
21 seconds ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v24 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jul 29

3670 by PreachElectrick »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you date someone...? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jun 16

914 by Dumb »»
4 minutes ago

» do something lewd to the user above ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kyokisama - Dec 13, 2017

215 by crescensXG »»
5 minutes ago

» From 1-10, how happy would you be if you and the above user became best friends? ( 1 2 3 )

Aidoru-Ojisan - Feb 4, 2018

101 by Dumb »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.