Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »
Jan 22, 2012 7:29 PM

Apr 2011
>.> Wooooooooooooow.
Jan 22, 2012 7:30 PM

May 2011
Kyle Williams smh... looks like hes gunna feel as bad as that kicker and Evans.
Jan 22, 2012 7:36 PM

Apr 2011
Patriots and Giants in superbowl 46...So much meh.

Feb 2009
Ravens didnt set up their field goal with a timeout and the Niners lost because of 2 fumbles on punt returns.

Special teams mistakes lose you games.....

Nov 2010
****! ****in **** **** piece of ****in ****
"Oh, you want some too?"
Jan 22, 2012 7:41 PM

Dec 2008
FUCK YEA!!!!! all the teams i absolutely didnt want to win the superbowl are now out. the giants have done me favors this postseason the way the packers did last year.

GO GIANTS! TROLL THE NEW ENGLAND BRADIES AGAIN!
Jan 22, 2012 7:51 PM

Aug 2009
A rematch? ITS FIXED! Nah kidding asides the Harbaughs didn't think special teams was important enough today.
Jan 22, 2012 7:52 PM

Feb 2009
ugh...... I dont want either team to win the Super Bowl.... smh
Jan 22, 2012 8:01 PM

Aug 2009
baboon said:
ugh...... I dont want either team to win the Super Bowl.... smh

I usually hate all NY and Boston teams but I don't have a problem with the Giants. Probably because they are in the same division as the Cowboys who I hate the most.
Jan 22, 2012 8:14 PM

Feb 2009
Obviously both teams are deserving based on how they played, but I'd just rather see Green Bay or some fresh blood like Baltimore and San Fran get the shot.

I will hand it to the Giants, they embrace the roll of the underdog very well and get the job done. This years team actually reminds me of last years Packers alot as well.
Jan 22, 2012 8:40 PM
Oct 2011
Blecccchhhh. Way to go, Kyle Williams. GTFO. The Giants did NOT deserve to win that game at all, Williams just gave it away. Hopefully crybaby hick Eli and the Midgets get obliterated in the SB (which I'm probably not going to watch for the first time in my life).
Jan 22, 2012 8:44 PM
May 2010
RV707 said:
Blecccchhhh. Way to go, Kyle Williams. GTFO. The Giants did NOT deserve to win that game at all, Williams just gave it away. Hopefully crybaby hick Eli and the Midgets get obliterated in the SB (which I'm probably not going to watch for the first time in my life).

Someone is slightly mad. Now we just need that other raging 49ers fan in hereto cap it all off.

Also early predictions anyone? Last year I was off by 2 points if anyone remembers, with a failed 2 point conversion doing me in.

Giants 26 Patriots 23
Jan 22, 2012 8:50 PM

Feb 2009
Pats 24-23

Just hope its a good game.
Jan 22, 2012 8:51 PM

Apr 2011
Ugh. I don't want either one of these guys to win it. >.> For some reason the Giants are the only NFC team that I just can't root for, and that's saying alot seeing as how I don't like the Cowboys that much either.

Patriots...I don't hate them, but meh.

Superbowl this year is full of meeeeeh.
Jan 22, 2012 8:58 PM
Oct 2011
Ambalamps said:
RV707 said:

Someone is slightly mad. Now we just need that other raging 49ers fan in hereto cap it all off.

Also early predictions anyone? Last year I was off by 2 points if anyone remembers, with a failed 2 point conversion doing me in.

Giants 26 Patriots 23

Less mad, more depressed (well, OK, mad at Kyle Williams). I don't see what you have against the Niners -- ah, Saints fan. Patriots ought to win, but I'm saying
Giants 21
Patriots 17
CaptainBoomerJan 22, 2012 9:04 PM
Jan 22, 2012 9:12 PM
May 2010
RV707 said:
Ambalamps said:
RV707 said:

Giants 26 Patriots 23

Less mad, more depressed (well, OK, mad at Kyle Williams). I don't see what you have against the Niners -- ah, Saints fan. Patriots ought to win, but I'm saying
Giants 21
Patriots 17

I actually don't have anything against the 49ers if you read back in this thread. We got outplayed for sure. I had an issue with an arrogant fan. You just happened to be acting like he was (although at least you have a real reason). I feel way worse for Kyle Williams than I do for Cundiff. That was a fcking chipshot that he shanked.He's a veteran! Williams was young and put in there when he's never returned kicks. The 1st was just a really bad break and because of inexperience that he decided to even go near that ball. The 2nd was him not wrapping it up and I'm sure he feels worse than anyone in California right now.
Jan 22, 2012 9:16 PM

Nov 2011
a super bowl rematch awwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
pats>>>>>>giants
Jan 23, 2012 5:55 AM
Aug 2010
lol who would have thought that both Harbaughs would be screwed over by a FG. But close games for both the AFC and NFC championship games, and YES REMATCH BETWEEN PATRIOTS AND GIANTS! LETS GO PATRIOTS! I know Tom Brady still has a chip on his shoulders from that perfect season ruined.
Jan 23, 2012 12:06 PM

Jan 2012
When the Pats have something to prove they're at their most lethal. In 2007 the Pats had everything to lose and the Giants had nothing to lose...and the Pats just collapsed. If anything the Pats have been underdogs the entire season because of doubts about the defense (which believe me still scares me a bit). This Pats run feels like the ones of old, a little luck and the Pats are back to the big game.

As for the 49ers...thats just a tough break...but Harbaugh needs to have some heartbreak to fuel his heart for a Super Bowl run next year...
Jan 23, 2012 6:53 PM

Nov 2010
RV707 said:

Lol. that's pretty funny. Did you actually watch the game? I guess it's pretty easy to understand how the 49ers have some of the worst fans in the nfl.
Jan 23, 2012 7:28 PM
Oct 2011
Bostonblows said:
RV707 said:

Lol. that's pretty funny. Did you actually watch the game? I guess it's pretty easy to understand how the 49ers have some of the worst fans in the nfl.

Hell yes I watched the game. And I still stand by my statement that the Giants did not deserve to win. Outside of the possessions following the two Williams fumbles that gave them great field position, the Giants' offense did almost nothing after the first half ended. The Giants also got away with several personal fouls (1. Boley yanking Anthony Davis down by the facemask during the early scrum in which Vernon Davis was deservedly penalized for 2. Alex Smith being shoved after running out of bounds in the second half 3. Gore's facemask being yanked on during the Niners' TD drive in the 4th quarter) in addition to a couple of plays where Justin Smith was held. Manning was also very underwhelming in comparison to his latest performances (32/58 for 316 yards) and had at least one pass that should have been picked, especially on the play where Whitner and Brown collided. Even after all of that, take away the Williams fumbles and the Giants would have had to drive deep into Niners' territory at least once in the fourth quarter; their longest drive in the second half was 31 yards. And some of the worst fans in the NFL? I think you're confusing us with Raiders fans.
Jan 23, 2012 8:19 PM
May 2010
RV707 said:
Bostonblows said:
RV707 said:

Hell yes I watched the game. And I still stand by my statement that the Giants did not deserve to win. Outside of the possessions following the two Williams fumbles that gave them great field position, the Giants' offense did almost nothing after the first half ended. The Giants also got away with several personal fouls (1. Boley yanking Anthony Davis down by the facemask during the early scrum in which Vernon Davis was deservedly penalized for 2. Alex Smith being shoved after running out of bounds in the second half 3. Gore's facemask being yanked on during the Niners' TD drive in the 4th quarter) in addition to a couple of plays where Justin Smith was held. Manning was also very underwhelming in comparison to his latest performances (32/58 for 316 yards) and had at least one pass that should have been picked, especially on the play where Whitner and Brown collided. Even after all of that, take away the Williams fumbles and the Giants would have had to drive deep into Niners' territory at least once in the fourth quarter; their longest drive in the second half was 31 yards. And some of the worst fans in the NFL? I think you're confusing us with Raiders fans.

I hear death threats on a player are a good indication of the great fan base. Might just be me though.
Jan 23, 2012 8:36 PM

May 2010
There is no team without a shitty fans...
Jan 23, 2012 9:22 PM

Nov 2010
RV707 said:
Bostonblows said:
RV707 said:

Alex smith completed less than 50% of his throws, the offense as a whole converted 1/13 3rd downs, they did absolutely NOTHING outside of those two vernon davis plays. and as far as calls? you serious..? davis was out of bounds on his big catch, and there are way too many other bad calls to even count against the giants, not worth arguing. I guess in your opinion, teams that convert 1/13 third downs and turn the ball over deserve to go to the super bowl. Grats.
Jan 23, 2012 9:58 PM
Oct 2011
Ambalamps said:
RV707 said:
Bostonblows said:
RV707 said:

I hear death threats on a player are a good indication of the great fan base. Might just be me though.

Yup, a few idiots on Twitter = the entire fan base. Be sure to remind me to make stupid generalizations about the entire Saints fanbase next time a couple of Saints fans say or do something out of bounds. Some morons are going to wish death or serious injury on a guy if he screws up in a big game, regardless of the fanbase.

Bostonblows said:
RV707 said:
Bostonblows said:
RV707 said:

Alex smith completed less than 50% of his throws, the offense as a whole converted 1/13 3rd downs, they did absolutely NOTHING outside of those two vernon davis plays. and as far as calls? you serious..? davis was out of bounds on his big catch, and there are way too many other bad calls to even count against the giants, not worth arguing. I guess in your opinion, teams that convert 1/13 third downs and turn the ball over deserve to go to the super bowl. Grats.

Though they were definitely outplayed offensively, the Niners held the lead in the middle of the fourth quarter, were about to get the ball back, and were dominating defensively at the time. Take away one player's mistakes and they should absolutely be going to the Super Bowl.
Jan 23, 2012 10:30 PM
May 2010
No Saints fans have ever threatened a player with death. I can promise you that. And it will never happen. 49ers fans don't compare to the fans we have here.
Jan 23, 2012 10:46 PM
Oct 2011
Ambalamps said:
No Saints fans have ever threatened a player with death. I can promise you that. And it will never happen. 49ers fans don't compare to the fans we have here.

LOL. No matter what, every fan base has a good number of idiots that threaten a player or coach after a catastrophic loss, even with death, at some point. When John Carney missed the extra point after the River City Relay in 2003, there is no way that he received zero threats afterward. And our fans don't compare to Saints fans? What an arrogant, delusional statement. I'm not going to puff out my chest and say that Niners fans are better, as I watched the amount of Niners gear seen in Northern California plummet over the last 9 years when Nate Clements, Kentwan Balmer, pre-2011 Alex Smith, Mike Nolan, and other bums were holding us back, but I don't seem to recall very many Saints fans being around before Brees arrived.
CaptainBoomerJan 23, 2012 10:52 PM
Jan 23, 2012 11:28 PM
May 2010
RV707 said:
Ambalamps said:

LOL. No matter what, every fan base has a good number of idiots that threaten a player or coach after a catastrophic loss, even with death, at some point. When John Carney missed the extra point after the River City Relay in 2003, there is no way that he received zero threats afterward. And our fans don't compare to Saints fans? What an arrogant, delusional statement. I'm not going to puff out my chest and say that Niners fans are better, as I watched the amount of Niners gear seen in Northern California plummet over the last 9 years when Nate Clements, Kentwan Balmer, pre-2011 Alex Smith, Mike Nolan, and other bums were holding us back, but I don't seem to recall very many Saints fans being around before Brees arrived.

I didn't realize you were from here and could accurately judge how many fans were around here. Carney definitely didn't receive a death threat. We wanted him cut. That's where ends. You live in the second biggest bandwagon state in the country. There's not much to debate. And before you get to the bagheads since that always comes up, there were still fans in the stands. They just didn't want to watch what they were witnessing.
Jan 24, 2012 12:06 AM
Oct 2011
Ambalamps said:
RV707 said:
Ambalamps said:

I didn't realize you were from here and could accurately judge how many fans were around here. Carney definitely didn't receive a death threat. We wanted him cut. That's where ends. You live in the second biggest bandwagon state in the country. There's not much to debate. And before you get to the bagheads since that always comes up, there were still fans in the stands. They just didn't want to watch what they were witnessing.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you've read every Tweet and letter sent to a player, and listened to every sports radio call from every Saints fan in the country in their history. But hey, I can guarantee that there have never been any death threats made to SF Giants or Sharks players. You don't live here, you can't judge. When Felix Rodriguez blew Game 6 of the 2002 World Series, no one here sent him death threats, we just wanted him cut, every single one of us. /end sarcasm

Whether you want to accept it or not, every fanbase in every sport has idiotic fans who think that a game is something that can justify someone's death. Some drunk, angry asshole always crosses the line after a painful loss. And Kyle Williams was not the only football player to receive death threats after yesterday's loss. You seem to think that a few idiots making death threats makes an entire fanbase guilty, but Williams' Twitter still has more positive support than hatred. And I assure you that Billy Cundiff received death threats, so why not bag on Ravens fans?

Ambalamps said:
I didn't realize you were from here

Ambalamps said:
You live in the second biggest bandwagon state in the country.

Oh the irony.
CaptainBoomerJan 24, 2012 12:23 AM
Jan 24, 2012 3:40 PM

Dec 2008
RV707 said:
Take away one player's mistakes and they should absolutely be going to the Super Bowl.

heres my bucket, please fill it with ur delicious tears

ur argument works both ways, take away gregg williams prevent defense, and ur team wouldve been on the couch this past sunday.

1/13 on 3rd down doesnt get it done, blame ur offense for being inept, giants were the better team
Jan 24, 2012 5:11 PM
Oct 2011
Jimb0 said:
RV707 said:
Take away one player's mistakes and they should absolutely be going to the Super Bowl.

heres my bucket, please fill it with ur delicious tears

ur argument works both ways, take away gregg williams prevent defense, and ur team wouldve been on the couch this past sunday.

1/13 on 3rd down doesnt get it done, blame ur offense for being inept, giants were the better team

RV707 said:

Doesn't sound like tears to me. Nice try though, using a thinly-veiled variety of the overused "LOL u mad?!" response...original.

But I have nothing to be mad about as a Niners fan. They went well above and beyond all expectations this season, Harbaugh is probably the favorite to win Coach of the Year, Alex Smith played as more of a quarterback than a game manager and looks to possibly be a solution at QB, and Aldon Smith appears set to be a cornerstone of the defense for a long time.

Plus, there were plenty of great moments this season, of course the best one being this gem; it's easily the best Niners moment since the Catch II.

The Saints-Niners game and Giants-Niners game were totally different situations. The former had turned into a shootout late, and whoever had the ball last was going to win. You can also blame the offense to some extent for leaving too much time on the clock for the Niners. The Saints were very capable of eating up the rest of the clock and getting the game-winning score. And you can't just pin it on Williams, tackles were missed and Roman Harper and co. got burned by Davis; Harper had the chance to break up the game-winning pass and in all likelihood send the game to OT but got plowed over by Davis. And why not blame the Saints' running game? 37 total rushing yards is pathetic. Oh yeah, and those 5 turnovers. Almost everyone on your team outside of Brees, Sproles, Graham, and Colston was average at best.

In the Giants-Niners game, the defense was in total control after they shut down Victor Cruz in the second half, and the way the game was going, they were probably going to win by a narrow margin, since the Giants showed no signs of being able to put together a touchdown drive from within their own territory. But a turnover inside your own 30 late is usually a great way to give a game away. The offense even answered back right away after Williams' first fumble. And when you compare total yards, the Giants only outgained the Niners by 24 yards, 352-328. There also was a play early where Williams got wide open deep and didn't accelerate in time to catch Smith's throw; it would have been a touchdown. You also can't the blame the offense as a whole for the loss. The Niners' running attack showed up and outran the Giants 150-85. The only possible blame rests on Williams, Crabtree for being invisible, Smith only somewhat, and the injuries to defensive backs (Brown got taken out by Whitner, and Rogers was clearly not 100%). When the Giants made it 17-14, a second-year reserve CB was in. But field position from those fumbles was what determined the outcome of the game more than anything else. Take those away, and the Niners are likely headed to Indianapolis.
Jan 24, 2012 6:10 PM

Dec 2008
well gregg williams did gift wrap that whole final qtr for the 9ers:

"As expected, the Saints blitzed Smith a lot. In the first three quarters, the Saints sent four or fewer rushers on only nine of Smith’s 33 dropbacks (27.3) percent. But, in the fourth quarter, the Saints cut back on the blitz and sent four or fewer rushers on 50 percent of Smith’s dropbacks and he burned them. In the fourth quarter, Smith completed all six of his passes, including the game winner, when he was not blitzed."

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/30476/saints-loss-by-the-numbers-2

but i could go back and make excuses like "well if this didnt happen we wouldve won" for all 4 saints losses, the fact is it sucks and they did happen accept it and the team should try to do what they can to overcome those mistakes. the games never come down to one play or one guy look at the game as a whole and see how inept they were offensively, there were over 60 minutes worth of opportunities for them to win the game. maybe if ur defense could have forced a TO during the game, or maybe if they wouldnt have let bradshaw run all over them after the fumbled punt the giants might not have been able to even kick a fg, or maybe if ur offense could move the ball they couldve won it on their first posession in ot. 17 points in almost 5 qtrs shouldnt win games anyway.

giants took advantage of the opportunities they were given, thats why they won, thats why they were the better team sunday
Jan 24, 2012 8:40 PM
Oct 2011
Jimb0 said:
well gregg williams did gift wrap that whole final qtr for the 9ers

Jimb0 said:
take away gregg williams prevent defense, and ur team wouldve been on the couch this past sunday.

Jimb0 said:
but i could go back and make excuses like "well if this didnt happen we wouldve won"

lol self-contradiction.

Jimb0 said:
17 points in almost 5 qtrs shouldnt win games anyway.

But exceptional defenses can make 17 points enough. For example, the Ravens and Patriots teams of the early 2000s. The Niners' defense this season was certainly capable of making 17 points enough for a victory, and very likely would have without the Williams fumbles.

The Niners were outplayed in the first half, but were definitely the better team in the second half (as they outgained the Giants 191-110, and the longest Giants drive that half was 31 yards). OT was even until the game-sealing fumble. If multiple guys had committed big mistakes, the Giants would have been the better team. But Williams single-handedly gave the Giants the chances to get back into and win the game, and the Niners would have likely held the Giants to a field goal if Brown never got hurt. And that last fumble was much more than just an opportunity, giving the other team the ball at your own 20 in OT is a virtually guaranteed loss, and that gaffe is on Williams alone, not anyone else on the team. The Niners' goal was to slow down the red-hot Giants offense and stay afloat offensively, and they stymied Manning in the second half and were average offensively. They were the better team at the time of the Williams fumbles; one guy != the whole team. If one player can win a game for a team that was outplayed (not that this is the case here), one player can certainly lose a game for a team that outplayed their opponents.

But clearly, we're not going to agree on what determines who the better team was.
CaptainBoomerJan 24, 2012 8:46 PM
Jan 24, 2012 9:15 PM

Dec 2008
RV707 said:
Jimb0 said:
well gregg williams did gift wrap that whole final qtr for the 9ers

Jimb0 said:
take away gregg williams prevent defense, and ur team wouldve been on the couch this past sunday.

Jimb0 said:
but i could go back and make excuses like "well if this didnt happen we wouldve won"

lol self-contradiction.

yea well if u actually read my post, i was being sarcastic and drawing a comparison to how ridiculous ur claim is that one person blew the game for the 9ers.

i wont bother reading the rest of ur post since u like to pick and choose which lines to read out of mine.
Jan 24, 2012 9:35 PM
Oct 2011
Yup, that's real obvious sarcasm there. Claiming twice that Gregg Williams gave the Niners that win in two separate posts and backing up your claims is always going to come across as an argument, not a sarcastic remark.
I responded to your posts, and laid out my entire case multiple times. You seem unable to wrap your head around the fact that the Niners were in control at the time of Williams' first fumble, that's my entire point, they led and their defense was giving up almost nothing. One bad play by one player absolutely changed the outcome of the game. Regardless of what had happened up to that point, the Niners showed no signs of giving up a big drive, and could have held the Giants to 10 points.
Jan 24, 2012 10:23 PM

Dec 2008
RV707 said:
Yup, that's real obvious sarcasm there. Claiming twice that Gregg Williams gave the Niners that win in two separate posts and backing up your claims is always going to come across as an argument, not a sarcastic remark.

Jimb0 said:

Jimb0 said:

but i could go back and make excuses like "well if this didnt happen we wouldve won" for all 4 saints losses, the fact is it sucks and they did happen accept it and the team should try to do what they can to overcome those mistakes. the games never come down to one play or one guy

well seeing as u edited out the important half of 2/3 of those quotes, sure i could edit out ur quotes too and make it look like you were saying something you werent

ur team had 60 minutes to score at least 18 points, they couldnt sustain drives and punted 10 times, they were in the red zone ONCE the entire game and could not get a TD, so they went to OT and went 3 and out.

they werent in control they were leading by 1 score. sure the fumbles didnt help but they also arent what lost that game. 9ers may have been winning before that first fumble, and right after they trailed they came right back and tied it. after that they had 2 drives, 3 if u wanna count when they got the ball with 20 secs, to go win the game and in both drives they went 3 and out
Jan 25, 2012 1:29 AM
Oct 2011
After reading your posts again, it's clear that you're absolutely stuck on the belief that the Giants were undoubtedly the superior team, as you've given no credit to the 49ers' defense for giving them a chance to win in any of your posts, and you just list the defense's few errors. I've accepted the fact that the Niners lost, but I stand by my statement that they SHOULD have won that game given that they were ahead before a mistake made by one guy. How can you deny that the fumbles lost that game? They at the very least played the largest part in losing the game. The offense was of little help, but it is NOT what dealt the final blow to the Niners. The Giants were absolutely handed the game-winning field goal on a platter by the second fumble. You seem to place more blame on the offense than anything else, but they did not go out and lose them that game themselves. The offense was poor, but the defense gave them the chance to win, as the Giants were doing nothing before the first fumble; this chance was squandered by Kyle Williams. What I am saying is that they were playing like the better team after some first-half jitters, and I think they should have won. Plain and simple.
Jan 25, 2012 3:06 PM

Nov 2010
RV707 said:
After reading your posts again, it's clear that you're absolutely stuck on the belief that the Giants were undoubtedly the superior team, as you've given no credit to the 49ers' defense for giving them a chance to win in any of your posts, and you just list the defense's few errors. I've accepted the fact that the Niners lost, but I stand by my statement that they SHOULD have won that game given that they were ahead before a mistake made by one guy. How can you deny that the fumbles lost that game? They at the very least played the largest part in losing the game. The offense was of little help, but it is NOT what dealt the final blow to the Niners. The Giants were absolutely handed the game-winning field goal on a platter by the second fumble. You seem to place more blame on the offense than anything else, but they did not go out and lose them that game themselves. The offense was poor, but the defense gave them the chance to win, as the Giants were doing nothing before the first fumble; this chance was squandered by Kyle Williams. What I am saying is that they were playing like the better team after some first-half jitters, and I think they should have won. Plain and simple.

How long can you possibly debate this, who gives a crap, the 9ers lost. you can whine and complain all you want but vernon davis and kyle williams will both be watching the super bowl on TV.
Jan 26, 2012 9:01 PM
Aug 2010
Jimb0 said:
RV707 said:

Jimb0 said:

Jimb0 said:

but i could go back and make excuses like "well if this didnt happen we wouldve won" for all 4 saints losses, the fact is it sucks and they did happen accept it and the team should try to do what they can to overcome those mistakes. the games never come down to one play or one guy

well seeing as u edited out the important half of 2/3 of those quotes, sure i could edit out ur quotes too and make it look like you were saying something you werent

ur team had 60 minutes to score at least 18 points, they couldnt sustain drives and punted 10 times, they were in the red zone ONCE the entire game and could not get a TD, so they went to OT and went 3 and out.

they werent in control they were leading by 1 score. sure the fumbles didnt help but they also arent what lost that game. 9ers may have been winning before that first fumble, and right after they trailed they came right back and tied it. after that they had 2 drives, 3 if u wanna count when they got the ball with 20 secs, to go win the game and in both drives they went 3 and out

I agree with all of your points except for your "the games never come down to one play or one guy" come on, let's be real here we all know that, that is the "politically" right answer but in those crucial moments that one play or one guy breaking a stalemate in a game can make the difference between packing your bags or becoming a super bowl champion, least we forget the Rams and Titans in 2000.

@Rv707
All I can say is, shit happens. IMO Baltimore losing was more heart wrenching.
For the AFC title game even though I was rooting for the patriots to win I have to admit I thought that overall the ravens played a better game and in all honesty had the game gone into OT Ray Lewis wouldn't be in Hawaii right now.
Jan 27, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
I'm a Ravens fan and you don't see me bitch about it.
Jan 27, 2012 8:05 PM

Jun 2009
ZeroZx said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/expect-delivery-billy-cundiff-jersey-wide-left-080349417.html
LOL

That is a Photoshop of an old Kyle Boller jersey. It isn't real.
Jan 27, 2012 9:33 PM
Oct 2011
Lol, Kyle Boller. I'm sure Ravens fans still remember well how bad he was with them, you should have seen him with the Raiders the last 2 years.
Jan 28, 2012 4:07 PM

Dec 2008
So apparently its been decided for weeks that manning will not return to the colts. Where do u think he ends up?

if u asked me before the afc title game i wouldve said ravens or jets, but im now im thinking it could be phins or jets.

Nobody in the locker room likes sanchez, the coach doesnt fully believe in him, and rex along with other players have already said that it would be a no-brainer that he'd rather peyton manning than sanchez, plus its NY and like all NY teams they have ridiculous amounts of money to go get whoever they want

If the jets dont get him and the phins dont get flynn, manning might end up there
Jan 28, 2012 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
nightlife said:
Jimb0 said:
RV707 said:

Jimb0 said:

Jimb0 said:

I agree with all of your points except for your "the games never come down to one play or one guy" come on, let's be real here we all know that, that is the "politically" right answer but in those crucial moments that one play or one guy breaking a stalemate in a game can make the difference between packing your bags or becoming a super bowl champion, least we forget the Rams and Titans in 2000.

@Rv707
For the AFC title game even though I was rooting for the patriots to win I have to admit I thought that overall the ravens played a better game and in all honesty had the game gone into OT Ray Lewis wouldn't be in Hawaii right now.

If Ravens were the better team they would have won but they didn't. I can easily also throw out there that in OT Brady would be that much more determined to march down the field as any fanboy of Ray Lewis could also claim
Jan 29, 2012 1:17 AM
Oct 2011
Great, Aldon Smith arrested for a DUI.

Jimb0 said:
So apparently its been decided for weeks that manning will not return to the colts. Where do u think he ends up?

if u asked me before the afc title game i wouldve said ravens or jets, but im now im thinking it could be phins or jets.

Nobody in the locker room likes sanchez, the coach doesnt fully believe in him, and rex along with other players have already said that it would be a no-brainer that he'd rather peyton manning than sanchez, plus its NY and like all NY teams they have ridiculous amounts of money to go get whoever they want

If the jets dont get him and the phins dont get flynn, manning might end up there

Agreed, but I have to imagine there's a good chance that the Jets are strongly considering Flynn as more of a long-term solution. After all, we saw what happened last time the Jets brought in a veteran QB...(except I expect that Manning wouldn't sent pictures of his junk to team employees)
One thing for sure is that if the Jets don't at least make it to the playoffs next year, Rex is canned
Feb 3, 2012 5:32 PM

Feb 2009
Eli is about to pass his brother in the qb rankings if he wins this Sunday.
Feb 3, 2012 9:31 PM

Jun 2009
baboon said:

If you mean the current QB rankings, I might agree with you...although I would like to see how Peyton recovers from his neck injury.

If you mean the all-time QB rankings, then I wouldn't agree with you. Eli would need a much longer run of regular season excellence and/or another Super Bowl victory to do that (a regular season MVP or two wouldn't hurt). Peyton Manning is arguably the most valuable player to single franchise in NFL history, as he was able to hide the Colts' deficiencies for over a decade.
Feb 3, 2012 10:36 PM

Dec 2008
baboon said:

peyton made a 2-14 team have 12+ wins like the whole past decade and went to the superbowl 2x...doubt eli could do the same with the colts, the giants wouldnt be much better, but they at least have a defense that could allow a mediocre qb to win a few games.

...but im still very confused as to how the giants managed to get to the superbowl...again. they are the team i joke about the most. maybe i just cant see past the saints blowouts every time we play them

Prediction: If the giants win the season opening game will be giants vs packers, if pats win it will be patriots vs. ravens (only if the jets dont get Peyton)
Feb 4, 2012 1:16 PM
Aug 2010
gswelcome said:
nightlife said:
Jimb0 said:
RV707 said:

Jimb0 said:

Jimb0 said:

@Rv707

If Ravens were the better team they would have won but they didn't. I can easily also throw out there that in OT Brady would be that much more determined to march down the field as any fanboy of Ray Lewis could also claim

I didn't say that the Ravens was the better team, with respect to the season as a whole the Patriots are still better but for that particular game the Ravens played better. And as for Tom Brady, the way he played that game and had he continued to do that in OT I see no chances for the Patriots.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.