Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 6, 2011 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chihaya wearing the kimoto. It's time for the competition!

The little girl is sparkling with everyone wearing it.

Chihaya keeps sending text messages, and Arata not returning. Chihaya wondering why Taichi's b-day message was sent to Taichi instead of hers.

The little girl didn't get sad, and won the second round. The megane guy got strong opponents the both rounds, so he got mad and said things like he said in the beginning. Taichi led him go. So they are not used to group competition.

Chihaya got the strong opponent and got her card. One of the members in the first opponent team targetted her. She's losing and Taichi told her about the breathing (the key to get concentrated).

Megane guy heard that Chihaya is losing, he ran out to see the competition. They won.

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 6, 2011 11:37 AM

Apr 2010
Taichi is the fuckin' boss, I swear.

It was nice to have another serious Karuta episode. Even though the same is pretty much the same all the time, they somehow make every match unique and awesome; I love it.
Dec 6, 2011 11:39 AM
Mar 2008
I shouldn't have started this now, waiting one whole week is killing me ><
Dec 6, 2011 11:46 AM

Jan 2010
Arata needs to appear already ><
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2011 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
even more evidences of yaoi in this series
but I think that Taichi still deserves someone better than Wooden Boy - Arata :] (maybe that blonde guy from Retro's team? they would make a nice couple)

of course another episode where we can see that Chihaya has very little of personal skills... so it's good that there is one normal guy :] she somehow started to remind me of Haruhi in this aspect
ok she is not evil, just a bit ignorant

and additional bonus - lack of Arata, as always good :] but as nationals come closer, as does moment when he will appear
Dec 6, 2011 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
DAMNIT!!! I LOVE TAICHI X CHIHAYA MORE AND MORE!!! ;~;
Dec 6, 2011 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
Another good episode showing the team dynamics. If this keeps up I don't mind if Arata doesn't show up for a while.

Also, what happened to Taichi's girlfriend? I'm guessing she will play a role later.
MissileSoupDec 6, 2011 1:31 PM
Dec 6, 2011 1:44 PM

Aug 2007
Woo, finally in a hakama. Looks good on Chihaya, but also on Taichi. Lol. 'Minna karuta no baka'. With Taichi and Chihaya on screen in hakama it almost felt like they were getting married, heehee. Oe teaching Chihaya a lesson in feminity, ouch, but cute. Poor Desktomu-kun with all those cards in his face. xD Good going, Kana-chan! Aww, desktomu apologised... And lol, Chihaya falling asleep again.

Chihaya belonging to both Arata and Taichi? D: Don't you Star Driver me.

Next episode, the finals of this tournament...

@1idd0kun: Well, it could be that they're breaking up and that gets Taichi distracted or something.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 6, 2011 2:22 PM

Apr 2010
1idd0kun said:
DragonsWhip said:
Well, it could be that they're breaking up and that gets Taichi distracted or something.

It could, but it won't. She was retconed from the story.

Dec 6, 2011 2:39 PM

Apr 2010
1idd0kun said:
MissileSoup said:
Taichi's girlfriend? I'm guessing she will play a role later.

No, she won't. You won't see her again.

LOL! Its like all the Arata fangirls are clinging onto this 'girlfriend' with all their might so that Chihaya x Arata pairing may have a chance. Of course I haven't read the manga yet so take it FWIW.

Good job Komano for calling Chihaya out on her ulterior motives! I'm starting to really like him for his excellent perception. Gotta root for the little guy :P

Kana was so kawaii when she won her first match ^^

Taichi.... like a BOSS! >:)
Dec 6, 2011 2:44 PM

Feb 2008
Maybe it would be flashback of Taichi break up with her after all he just accepted her confession.

Well, being a team is different from playing alone.
Let's all have fun playing Karuta. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 6, 2011 2:45 PM

Nov 2010
I wouldnt expect myself to say it, but for once I wish there was an episode not entirely about karuta.
Dec 6, 2011 2:51 PM

Jul 2011
Liked the episode even though it did take the predictable route. The characters all seem to be pretty likable;even if they don't really follow the unwritten all anime" characters are attractive" role. Only worry is the inevitable melodrama from when Arata gets reunited with Chihaya, can't really see myself cheering for him.

4/5
mdzDec 6, 2011 9:17 PM
Dec 6, 2011 3:02 PM

Nov 2011
Jmac said:
LOL! Its like all the Arata fangirls are clinging onto this 'girlfriend' with all their might so that Chihaya x Arata pairing may have a chance. Of course I haven't read the manga yet so take it FWIW.

Actually, if anything, I'd think Taichi's girlfriend would further Taichi and Chihaya's relationship. That's usually how things go.

And to some previous comment, these episodes were never about Karuta as much as they were about the people playing Karuta. There is a difference.
MissileSoupDec 6, 2011 3:05 PM
Dec 6, 2011 3:13 PM

Apr 2010
MissileSoup said:
Jmac said:

Actually, if anything, I'd think Taichi's girlfriend would further Taichi and Chihaya's relationship. That's usually how things go.

Manga relationships are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

MissileSoup said:
And to some previous comment, these episodes were never about Karuta as much as they were about the people playing Karuta. There is a difference.

Its a josei manga; so its gonna have romance in it guarantee. Karuta = plot device, IMO.
Dec 6, 2011 3:25 PM

Nov 2011
Jmac said:
Manga relationships are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

And like a box of chocolates, there can only be so many variations. That was just a speculation on my part.

Jmac said:
Its a josei manga; so its gonna have romance in it guarantee. Karuta = plot device, IMO.

Well, that's what I was saying.
Dec 6, 2011 3:44 PM

Aug 2011
I always like watching this Heart-Warming anime, I like how this episode going. xD

Taichi is bossy.

Dec 6, 2011 3:48 PM

Jul 2009
Not too much about romance, more about relationships in general. That's the beauty of this anime.
Dec 6, 2011 5:26 PM

Jul 2011
Lol, Sudo...
Dec 6, 2011 5:30 PM

Dec 2009
1Oth one earned my tears, screamings and cheers~

MIZUSAWA FIGHT! ò-ó/

Kurogashi said:
Not too much about romance, more about relationships in general. That's the beauty of this anime.

^ this *-*
Dec 6, 2011 6:34 PM

May 2010
Meh
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 6, 2011 7:18 PM
Nov 2011
Dec 6, 2011 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
Kurogashi said:

But the underlying relationship, and the one that makes all the rest possible, is between Taichi and Chihaya and it is certainly a(n unrequitted) romantic one from his perspective. One of the great anime cliches is "I was always watching you...", yet in this show it is certainly the case. Taichi doesn't miss much, even though he usually is focused on Chihaya (who of course is generally oblivious to anything that isn't karuta). In this episode he provided encouragement to each of the other team members and really is responsible for the victory. Who is providing support to him?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 6, 2011 8:08 PM

Aug 2010
Taichi is a boss. He got them all motivated and brought the team back together.
Dec 6, 2011 8:13 PM

May 2010
keeetz said:

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 6, 2011 10:07 PM

Sep 2008
Kanade, what were you doing so low around Komano?
Just bring out Arata and his sexy voice already!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2011 11:42 PM

Aug 2010
When I didn't think I could love this show more than I already did.. I proved myself to be wrong after watching this episode xD
This is such a great anime.. Honestly I don't think that any of the other anime that I'm watching now is as deep and touching as Chihayafuru.. This anime is just put together so well.. THE TEAMWORK IS SO TOUCHING
Currently waiting the day Arata comes back so he can end up with Chihaya x)
Dec 7, 2011 12:51 AM

Nov 2009
I'm now a Tachi supporter!!

He's grown so much from when he was a brat.
He's so charming now !! <3 <3
Dec 7, 2011 1:24 AM

Jun 2011
loving the yaoi moment:
Dec 7, 2011 2:44 AM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode once again, very shonen-like in terms of codes and "battles", except that the hero is a girl (similar in that to Skip Beat!, the best shonen mixed with shojo codes anime).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 7, 2011 3:57 AM

May 2010
Lol,Chihaya fell asleep again after shouting.
Dec 7, 2011 4:30 AM

Dec 2011
rodac said:
Kurogashi said:

But the underlying relationship, and the one that makes all the rest possible, is between Taichi and Chihaya and it is certainly a(n unrequitted) romantic one from his perspective. One of the great anime cliches is "I was always watching you...", yet in this show it is certainly the case. Taichi doesn't miss much, even though he usually is focused on Chihaya (who of course is generally oblivious to anything that isn't karuta). In this episode he provided encouragement to each of the other team members and really is responsible for the victory. Who is providing support to him?

QFT. No one's supporting Taichi - the strength of his character is amazing.
Dec 7, 2011 7:39 AM

Mar 2011
Taichi like a boss! That's all XD
Dec 7, 2011 9:03 AM

Jan 2010
We're at episode 10 and we still haven't had almost any Arata. This is starting to piss me off.
Dec 7, 2011 10:26 AM

May 2009
Confucius said:
keeetz said:

Dec 7, 2011 12:45 PM
Sep 2011
Another great episode! I really like how the five of them are slowly becoming a team.
Dec 7, 2011 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
i really lol @DragonsWhip's comment
"Chihaya belonging to both Arata and Taichi? D: Don't you Star Driver me."

makes me remember also about star driver's love triangle

it's unique that the main girl belongs to two main guys XDDD <333
then again, it's not realistic and kind-a cuts-off
the question of "who ends up with who" XD

i also like Taichi x Chihaya pair up <333
i also giggle whenever there's a moment between them XD

but, i'm still rooting for Arata x Chihaya pair up LOLLLOL
(even though Arata won't almost appear any time soon) xP

i'm guessing that the author is still thinking
on how she'll make Arata appear more in the future
but for now, gives Taichi x Chihaya more time
together from vol.1-14(current)-

i'm wondering if Taichi doesn't really have a girlfriend...
and is just using his "girlfriend" as a cover up...= w =)b
hmmmm...i wonder...

and i'm starting to fangirl Sudo...
hahahaha "S for Sadist" X''DDD

@keeetz: thanks for the spoiler

if Arata doesn't have a cellphone.
then, all this time, whom is Chihaya sending her messages? O w O;;

@Keiz: lmfao @yaoi moment XDDDD //dies

@steshin: yes. we will find out why...but the question remains
"to whom is chihaya sending her text messages all this time?" XDDD

all in all, i love every episodes Chihayafuru has *Q* <333
Dec 7, 2011 2:44 PM
Jul 2009
kyashi39 said:
.but the question remains
"to whom is chihaya sending her text messages all this time?"

In Japan, cellphone messages are mails, so you don't need the cell number of the recipient to send them a message, all you need is a mail address.

All the messages Chihaya sent him are still stored in his mail account. He probably doesn't even have a cell right now, and is sending mails (and receiving them) from a PC.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't replied just because he hasn't had the time to check his mail account. He probably doesn't even have a PC at home, being poor and all that.
1idd0kunDec 7, 2011 3:23 PM
Dec 7, 2011 5:43 PM

Jul 2010
The amount of closed eye characters is starting to annoy me.

And thank God, no lame Taichi moves on Chihaya this episode.
Dec 8, 2011 4:16 AM

Apr 2011
Dec 8, 2011 7:26 AM

May 2010
Great episode. This has quite mix of everything. Comedy, drama, and even the sports-feel about it.
Dec 8, 2011 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
Another good episode though i think that its mean for Arata not to answer. But, the yelling in the match, you would think that they would heve some sort of regulation on that to be honest. But Oe-kun better do well in finals once he gets his act together :D
Dec 9, 2011 9:57 AM
May 2009
What the hell with all the talk about pairings.
I think this is one of those shoujo series where romance is pretty much unnecessary. What I like the most in this series is how friendship is portrayed and how the newbies in the club are slowly getting better (it made me feel warm inside when they took a first card or when the kimono-otaku girl won her match).
To be honest I was quite pissed off when Taichi didn't let Chihaya into her room in the earlier episode, it was like... dude and chick can't be this kind of friends (bros, I'd call that) when they're adults? It reminds me of how some of my male friends acted, I guess that's what pissed me off. You want a bro, they want to fuck.
Dec 9, 2011 10:03 AM
Jan 2011
Lulexiaa said:
DAMNIT!!! I LOVE TAICHI X CHIHAYA MORE AND MORE!!! ;~;

TACHI X CHIHAYA X ARATA = WAR
Dec 9, 2011 4:52 PM

Mar 2010
They're really starting to become a team now! It's lovely!C:

Dec 10, 2011 2:11 AM

Jun 2011
good episode... have nothing else to say other than lol @ the yaoi moment xD

5/5
Dec 10, 2011 4:22 PM

Feb 2010
sadists ftw.

love this show.
Dec 11, 2011 7:19 AM

May 2010
z4yd said:
She must be a sadist.
Dec 12, 2011 12:30 AM

Apr 2009
Ahh, Desktomu and... wai... hakama-girl are so cute. >__<
Dec 29, 2011 8:17 PM

Mar 2011
"She must be a sadist." -LOLZ....AHAHA I LIKE THAT KID. Definetly can't wait to see their match...ahhh fourth wheel perhaps?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» More??

eze_k22 - Sep 4

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
Sep 4, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 14, 2012

118 by Inudrew »»
Aug 10, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

217 by Inudrew »»
Jul 17, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

183 by Inudrew »»
Jul 10, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 13, 2012

144 by Maengo510 »»
Jun 22, 10:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.