Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (49) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2011 3:25 PM

May 2010
Alright more seriously

The freedom not to get involved, it's perhaps the most valued freedom we have in this country ~ Yang Wenli

Something that's supposed to die and doesn't... will eventually rot away, whether it's a man or a nation ~ Reinhard von Lohengramm
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 10, 2011 3:26 PM
Dec 2010
"I hope to live forever, yet I feel like dying everyday"
colorful(movie)

"if you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end"
"It may be tough now, but the worst is surely yet to come. Keep that in mind, and you’ll be fine"
Gintama

"If everyone could be saved if I died, then I'd probably kill myself"
kara no kyoukai
Nov 10, 2011 4:26 PM

Feb 2005
Whatever happens, happens
-Spike Spiegel.

I've never once been inconvenienced by too much time off
-Yang Wenli

If it were a third rate TV anime, a dead protagonist could come back to life at the producers' convenience.
-Dusty Attenborough
Nov 10, 2011 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
"There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat died a million deaths, was reborn a million times and was owned by various people who he didn't care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. One day, the cat was a free cat, a stray cat. He met a white female cat and the two cats spent their days happily together. Years passed and the white cat died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times then died. It never came back to life."

-Spike Spiegel
Nov 10, 2011 4:43 PM

Oct 2010
A rose is born as a rose. It doesn't become a different flower just because the ground it's on and the water it receives change.
- Aozaki Touko, Kara no Kyoukai
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Nov 10, 2011 5:48 PM
Jul 2011
Don't believe in yourself! Believe in the me who believes in you!
Nov 10, 2011 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
Do you like this school? I have to say that I love it very very much, but soon everything changes. Well at least it does eventually. Fun things, happy things...they'll all..they'll all eventually change someday, you know? But can you still love this place?
~Nagisa Furukawa, Clannad

There are few wars between good and evil; most are between one good and another good
~Yang Wenli, Legend of the Galactic Heroes

And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge
~Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop

It can't be helped
~Various characters, various anime
Nov 10, 2011 6:10 PM
Jul 2011
"Lesson, lesson! If you see a stranger, follow him."
-Ed, Cowboy Bebop
Nov 10, 2011 7:08 PM

Sep 2011
Serious Bebop love in the thread!
Nov 10, 2011 7:22 PM

Jan 2010
In the spring, cherry blossoms by night. In the summer, the stars. In the autumn, the full moon. In winter, the snow. These are always enough to make sake delicious. If it tastes bad, that's proof that there's something sick inside you.
- Hiko

In our own lives, we're not the readers. We're the writers. We're able to change the ending, aren't we?
- Gintoki

Do you remember every piece of bread you've eaten?
- Dio Brando

Saving someone means not saving someone else.
- Emiya Kiritsugu
ShockedNov 10, 2011 7:59 PM
Nov 10, 2011 7:42 PM
Feb 2011
No rice, no life.
­
Nov 10, 2011 7:44 PM

Aug 2011
"Can I violate you?"
- Usui Takumi
Nov 10, 2011 8:10 PM

Feb 2010
"If you don't want to be betrayed anymore, then start doubting the person you want to doubt the least" - Inspector Lunge from Monster
Nov 10, 2011 8:16 PM

Oct 2011
"a day in high school is far more precious than a month is in adulthood" Kare Kano
Nov 10, 2011 9:51 PM

May 2011
Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
Nov 10, 2011 11:25 PM

Nov 2011
Here are some from my favorite quoting-machine - Kamina-sama!

'Simon! Don't believe in yourself - believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!'
~ Kamina - TTGL

'A true man never dies, even when he's killed.'
~ Kamina - TTGL

And I thought I'd keep up the Comboy Bebop n' Spike love..

'I'm not a criminal. Oh that makes me seem even more like a criminal, doesn't it?'
~ Spike Spiegel - Cowboy Bebop

'BANG'
~ Spike Spiegel - Cowboy Bebop
Nov 11, 2011 1:04 AM

Nov 2011
Just make real friends that you care about 100 times as much -Yozora (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)

Nov 11, 2011 2:15 AM

Jun 2009
"People cannot completely lose their emotions. They can only be shut away deep within the person."
- Grimmer, Monster

Okay it's paraphrased, but that's what his speech comes down to.
Nov 11, 2011 7:17 AM

Aug 2011
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
- Dr. Hiluluk, One Piece
Nov 11, 2011 7:30 AM

May 2011
Humans are strange creatures who become hard to understand when they're too obvious.
-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 11, 2011 7:36 AM

Aug 2011
"A long time ago I decided to be the pirate king, if I die fighting for that, then I die"
Do I really need to say who said that?
Nov 11, 2011 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
"Well, Well, Well, Well... Listen up, big guys! I'll only say this once... Undefeatable, untouchable, with no regrets! Never looking back, never wavering! You can't win against this man's will! Gurren Brigade's Kamina-sama will be your opponent! Believe it! My soul is as strong as my back! I shall crush you with my undominable fighting spirit! I am the great Kamina-Sama! Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! If there is a wall, just smash it. If there is no path, just make it with this hand! Your drill is one that shall pierce through the heavens! It's like screwing. It's MANLY! Don't forget. Believe in yourself! Not you, who i believe in. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you.. who believes in himself!"

I started watching Gurren Lagann yesterday and it's my fav already.
Nov 11, 2011 8:25 AM

Oct 2010
Just watch Kino no tabi...

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey."

"-Don't you believe that anxiety creates nations?
-Anxiety?
-Yes, anxiety. If people are afraid of the river, they will build a dike. It's the same thing."
Nov 11, 2011 11:39 AM

May 2010
"History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever."

-Spoken by: Mariemaia Khushrenada in Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Nov 11, 2011 12:19 PM

Apr 2008
"Have you ever been on a roller coaster, Togawa-kun?
You're only riding on it for a few minutes right?
If you spent the entire ride thinking, only a few minutes, a few seconds left... until this ride is over... Then what was the point of riding it in the first place?
Nobody knows why we're alive, we don't have the time to bother."
-REAL
Nov 11, 2011 12:22 PM

Sep 2010
"Fun things are Fun" - Yui
Truer words have never been spoken.

More seriously, I've probably heard tonnes, but I can't remember any.
Nov 11, 2011 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
After everything Makoto done to Kotonoha..
"Despite how i appear, I'm really very generous. I forgive you for what you've done" -Kotonoha-

Sekai at Makoto's house kitchen..

"You've despicable. Wanting happiness only for yourself, with Katsura." -Sekai-

Kotonoha with Sekai at school roof. They talking together first...
"If it's about Makoto... Makoto is right over there. Why you don't ask him yourself?" -Kotonoha-

"What you said... Let's see if you were telling the truth" -Kotonoha-

"As i suspected. You were lying.
-Kotonoha-

Kotonoha always my idol :)
GaichiNov 11, 2011 1:28 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Nov 11, 2011 3:18 PM

Mar 2011
SergioSource said:

Excellent choice sir, you're in for quite a treat.

"Listen Simon, never forget, just believe in yourself. Not in the Simon that I believe in, not in the Kamina that you believe in. Have faith in the Simon, that believes in you!"

"I ain't saying no showy crap, like 'later buddy' or something lame like that. I'll be seeing you soon you bozos!"
-Do I really need to say what these are from?

"You know, sometimes things are hard, and I feel sad or I wanna cry, but I'm still trying. We're all trying to keep moving forward, and we will. I know we've still got a long way to go, together."
-Tohru Honda- Fruits Basket

"Your life was real too! You worked hard! You struggled as hard as you could! Didn't you?...What else could I possibly acknowledge? The one in my arms is you. Are you not here? You're nothing but you!"
Yuzuru Otonashi- Angel Beats!
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Nov 11, 2011 3:19 PM

Mar 2011
LEGOF said:

^ I lol'd pretty hard.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Nov 11, 2011 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
SergioSource said:
"Well, Well, Well, Well... Listen up, big guys! I'll only say this once... Undefeatable, untouchable, with no regrets! Never looking back, never wavering! You can't win against this man's will! Gurren Brigade's Kamina-sama will be your opponent! Believe it! My soul is as strong as my back! I shall crush you with my undominable fighting spirit! I am the great Kamina-Sama! Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! If there is a wall, just smash it. If there is no path, just make it with this hand! Your drill is one that shall pierce through the heavens! It's like screwing. It's MANLY! Don't forget. Believe in yourself! Not you, who i believe in. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you.. who believes in himself!"

Darn, beat me to it.
Nov 11, 2011 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
I JUST FINISHED GURREN LAGANN AND I LUVED IT ARGH Y IT ENDED
Nov 12, 2011 12:56 AM

Jul 2009
This is a super long quote (even after trimming it), but it's incredibly effective.

"All human beings given life are also burdened with karma and responsibility for how they treat life. You will not find a single person who lives without stealing the lives of others. We eat plants, and we eat animals. Even Christ and the Buddha survived upon other beings. You must accept this and understand it before you sit back and glorify life. ... This doesn't just apply to other living things. You can also say it about human beings. The fact that you are alive, means that someone may have died. ... I'm not looking down on life at all. I don't think that meaningless killing is a good thing. But I don't think the killing that takes place to keep you and the people you care about alive should be ignored or downplayed, either. That's why we have to live for the sake of all the lives we've sacrificed. That is the responsibility that all living things must bear. Your life does not belong only to you. It is also the form of the countless lives that have ended to keep you alive. It doesn't matter whether you like it or not. You are already supported by sacrifice. You should be thankful for that, and use the life you were given to its fullest extent."

~ Tanaka Misumi, Bokurano
Nov 12, 2011 6:47 AM

Jul 2011
Long time ago, Nunally, Suzaku, and I talked about something. We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Suzaku that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. His reasoning made sense. He said that even though you don't usually notice it, its still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently.

Lelouch, Code Geass
~ Get chance and luck! ~
Nov 12, 2011 10:38 AM

Jun 2010
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" - edogawa conan.

Well im not really a die hard detective conan fan. I didnt gave it that high of a score. It's just that that's the best quote I've ever heard from an Anime... It's cool :D
Nov 12, 2011 10:48 AM

Aug 2011
-MgZ_ said:
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" - edogawa conan.

Well im not really a die hard detective conan fan. I didnt gave it that high of a score. It's just that that's the best quote I've ever heard from an Anime... It's cool :D

That quote has been said by a few characters (not all anime) Sherlock Holmes being the first I believe.
Nov 12, 2011 4:12 PM

Aug 2010
"My hips, they're moving on my own"
fuck everything and rumble
Nov 12, 2011 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
“‎....Humans have ears, but that does not mean that they listen”

...TRUTH!

Repeat forever. Promise forever
That you'll keep me in your heart.
Nov 12, 2011 8:08 PM

Jun 2008
SonOfJecht said:
Long time ago, Nunally, Suzaku, and I talked about something. We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Suzaku that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. His reasoning made sense. He said that even though you don't usually notice it, its still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently.

Lelouch, Code Geass
AW MAN. This brings back nostalgic memories. I think I even wrote it down somewhere. One of the best analogies I heard in anime. Still now that I think about it, how can a kid say something that wise?
Nov 12, 2011 10:59 PM

Oct 2008
Anzai Sensei "Don't ever give up hope till the very last moment. If you give up, the game is already over."

The one that inspired me the most...
Nov 13, 2011 4:03 AM

Sep 2010
" A Woman's best makeup is her smile" Gintama
Totally agreed.
Nov 13, 2011 4:20 AM
Sep 2009
KeiranShikari said:
"My hips, they're moving on my own"

LOL

"People die when they are killed"

Inspired a lot of people to divert their hate for Studio DEEN for their subpar F/SN adaptation upon our dearest Shirou Emiya.
Nov 13, 2011 5:59 AM

Dec 2009
You told me not to lie, yet you seem to be quite a liar. Sebastian to Ciel. that's from the manga though

Dark: If i were a monster, what would you do?
Risa: I would love you.
Dec 4, 2011 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
"A cowardly thief sneaks away in the night, but if you leave, bursting with song then you are a conquering king." Rider/ Alexander the Great
Dec 4, 2011 10:19 AM

Aug 2011
2 of 'em, both from The Tatami Galaxy.

Ozu said:
Watashi said:
Why do you haunt me so?

It is the way I show my love :]

Watashi said:
That is how I met Ozu. It was my first contact as well as worst contact.
Dec 4, 2011 10:44 AM
Dec 2011
dont think badly :D

'urusai!urusai!urusai!' from Shakugan

its just i dont remember nice quote from anime's ... gotta check for an hour lol
Jan 9, 2012 4:52 AM

Dec 2011
What's the most meaningful thing a character has said in an anime? Something that makes you think and ponder stuff. Or just something that you think is very true. Post it here! Don't forget to write who said it and what anime/manga it's from.

"Death is such a terrible thing to everybody concerned. Death is cruel, no matter who it takes. Young or old, good or bad, It's all the same. Death is equal to all. There is no especially cruel death. That is why death is so scary. Regardless of your habits, Regardless of your age, personality, How rich you are, Or how beautiful you are... All these things have meanings only when you are alive. It is the very fact that meaning is erased from your existence that makes death so very cruel." ~Sunako, Shiki
Jan 9, 2012 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
I remember this kind of thread sank very fast in previous times.
Or was it closed? Couldn't remember...
Anyway...

"There is no justice or evil in the world. Those who make their voices heard are always the ones with power, whether it's justice or evil" - Chao Lingshen

"Rage can lend a person power, but it also cloud one's judgement" - Tatsumiya Mana

"The knowledge and skills you have obtained through your own power will never betray you" - Negi Springfield

"Even so, surely only you can be the main character of your own story" - Ako Izumi

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangeline A.K. McDowell

"As long as one cannot obtain infinite wisdom and strength, those who seek power will definitely run into a dead end one day" - Yui Ayase

"Even if the strength is from hating someone or running away, it's still your own strength. Be proud of it" - Satsuki Yotsuba

All of them from Mahou Sensei Negima =p
InnoxiousJan 9, 2012 6:15 AM

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell
Jan 9, 2012 6:00 AM

Nov 2009
"People die when they are killed!" - Emiya Shirou Fate/Stay Night

=D
Jan 9, 2012 6:04 AM

Jul 2011
"I was only able to get back to being a real doctor by saving your life! I realized that human lives have equal value by saving you! Nobody has the right to take another's life! I've been living as a doctor with that engraved upon my heart for years!"
~Dr. Kenzou Tenma, Monster

"Just as I thought, it was a lie after all. There's nobody inside." ~Katsura Kotonoha, School Days

"Despite how I appear, I'm really very generous. I forgive you for what you've done"
~Katsura Kotonoha, School Days

"You said it yourself, right? That Makoto really cherished me."
~Katsura Kotonoha, School Days

Edit: Added some :D
GaichiJan 9, 2012 6:16 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jan 9, 2012 6:55 AM

Jul 2011
It might have become a cliche here, but I still love it.
"Lelouch, do you know why snow is white? It's because it has forgotten what color it once was..." - C.C., Code Geass
Kill the boy and let the man be born

Pages (49) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do???

Cestlavie_ - 9 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime? ( 1 2 )

TheSunLife - Sep 23

65 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» Modern Animes That Bring Back Childhood Memories

tahikiry - 6 hours ago

6 by Spunkert »»
25 minutes ago

» What Anime is boring to you ( 1 2 )

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 24

60 by H2422 »»
26 minutes ago

» Who is the most attractive anime character?

Rally- - 11 hours ago

31 by H2422 »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.