Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 1, 2011 5:01 PM

Jul 2008
Not quite as good as the first season but that rarely happens anyway. Still very funny, looking forward to a 3rd season. 8/10
Jan 1, 2011 5:19 PM

Aug 2010
Meh. I don't quite understand why they abandoned the Venus storyline for a stupid fighting tournament. This episode wasn't that funny at all either. In general the season paled in comparison to the first one, so if there is a third season, I don't think the humor will hold up very well.
Jan 1, 2011 7:25 PM

Mar 2009
Similar to the first season, season two had its share of strong and weak episodes, but unlike the second season, the first carried the storyline about Kou and his father all the way through, and even brought some closure to it. If we compare the whole Venus plotline to it, season two failed in that regard. Especially when its dropped in favor of a random fight between Sister and Maria, which was a little boring at times. Plus, the fight took up almost half of the entire episode. I also hate how Kou and Nino's relationship didn't progress as much as I wanted it to. Overall, I preferred the first season since it was able to balance the humor, random cast of characters, and all the serious stuff in between. Still, the second season had its highs. I personally loved the episode with Nino and the cassette, maybe more than any other episode. And, of course, the quirky characters are still here and the humor hasn't gone anywhere. All in all, a good season but not as good as the first. I'd gladly welcome a third, however. You can never have too much of Arakawa. 7/10.
Jan 1, 2011 10:40 PM
Dec 2010
I just can't wait for another season (I hope there is one!! ^^)! So does anyone know where I can read ALL the Arakawa Under the Bridge MANGA VOLUMES ONLINE for FREE with NO DOWNLOADING? I'll consider anyone's recommendations! - Thanks! :D
Jan 1, 2011 11:30 PM

Sep 2009
iWishTifaWasReal said:
LOOOOOOOOL @ the Metal Gear Solid reference

CQC FTW

anyway
i knew they werent going to venus in this episode
but overall it was funny.

7/10 for the EP

and 8/10 for the show =D

Happy New Years everyone =}

2011 will hopefully be a great year =D

hell yeah CQC FTW hahahahah

MGS Peace walker lol
Jan 2, 2011 2:48 AM
Oct 2008
The anime covers the plot up to volume 8 (approximately). The Venus trip arc begins in volume 10, and it gets somehow resolved only in volume 11 that came out when season 2 was already airing. Probably a new arc will begin in volume 12.
Jan 2, 2011 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
Not as strong as the first season, but it was still an enjoyable ride.
7/10
Jan 2, 2011 2:38 PM
Dec 2007
Icolyze said:
This season was truly awful.

It was clearly a good level behind the first season, easily. Extremely random and without plot for the most part, plus the characters didn't really shine nor evolve in this second season. Some episodes were absolutely awful, mainly in the second half. The ending was disapointin too. Not even sure I'd bother watching if there was a 3rd season. 7/10.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 2, 2011 3:34 PM

Oct 2009
Leopard said:
The anime covers the plot up to volume 8 (approximately). The Venus trip arc begins in volume 10, and it gets somehow resolved only in volume 11 that came out when season 2 was already airing. Probably a new arc will begin in volume 12.

Good to hear that. I'll be looking forward to both the translation of the manga and the animated version.
Although as the anime has pretty much caught up to the manga now, it might be a while....
Jan 3, 2011 1:33 AM

Sep 2007
Never disappointed by this anime ...
Nino was so cute at the end. :D
Jan 3, 2011 12:10 PM

Jun 2009
I think they began season 2 too soon, they had to make up yet another ending and didnt wait for more novels to come out. I think it would have been much better and less fillery
Jan 3, 2011 12:40 PM

Dec 2008
I was expecting SO much more from this final episode.
Jan 4, 2011 9:27 AM

Apr 2010
The dog's reaction was hilarious!

I'm not disappointed with the second season, I didn't expect anything that's why. And after all it was good.
Jan 4, 2011 2:44 PM

Jan 2009
Well, Maria winning was obvious from the very beginning. Still, oh so funneh.
She's definitely one of my favourite characters.
Tl;dr funneh show was funneh. I wouldn't mind a third season, but it's not like I crave one either.

On another note, maybe it's time to finally watch Macross Frontier.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 5, 2011 2:55 PM

Aug 2006
There were some funny moments here and there, but overall, this season was so-so. If we get a 3rd season, I'll watch it for the sake of watching it, but I'm not too excited about it.
Jan 5, 2011 6:38 PM

Aug 2009
cute ending!

I hope there is gonna b a 3rd season!!!

I love this shows randomness!! Its so funny!!

Please 3rd season! D;
Jan 5, 2011 9:48 PM

Feb 2009
I don't understand what you guys are talking about but the second season is made of win just like the first and I hope there will be a third to keep the laughing coming
Jan 6, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2009
Just awsome anime. I hope there will be another season.
But i must admit that 1st season was way much better than 2nd.
Jan 8, 2011 9:57 AM

Jun 2010
Ampharos said:
LexLeogryfon said:
shit without ending.
If producers decide to make 3rd season i will not watch it.
Series was betray me.
When they fuck get into damned Venus?
who is misterious person in office? chief?
what happened with father of main hero? nothing?
GOD DAMN.
The worst ever ending,
okay graphic was good, and sounds of sunohair also awesome. But storyline is pretty crappy!

lol you watch this show for a story line? O_o

This show is shaft craziness and randomness.

hahaha...true. i love the show because of its randomness... ^0^ i love them being just crazy. kudos to shaft! :))

it's not like the source material has ended so...i don't think people've even known about nino-san's real identity and i don't think the producers can make them go to venus just yet. i think this anime is one of those types where randomness IS what it's about, and a storyline is just a plus factor, i.e. the storyline is like the side story. haha. sometimes they give you more of the story and most of the time, they don't. :))

so i don't think people (especially those who don't even know the name of the 'main hero') should judge the anime based on its undeveloped "storyline" or its open ending.

the series was funny and i loved it very much. i'd definitely watch another season if they decide to make one. :D bridgexbridgexbridge! :)
Jan 8, 2011 12:50 PM

Aug 2009
Loved it.

NOW MAKE SAINT YOUNG MEN INTO AN ANIME PLEASE.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jan 9, 2011 5:46 PM

Jul 2008
I almost thought we were going to find something out about Nino. But no.
rukia15 said:

it's not like the source material has ended so...i don't think people've even known about nino-san's real identity and i don't think the producers can make them go to venus just yet. i think this anime is one of those types where randomness IS what it's about, and a storyline is just a plus factor, i.e. the storyline is like the side story. haha. sometimes they give you more of the story and most of the time, they don't. :))

Then they should have WAITED to animate it until at least this storyarc was done. One of the thing that annoys me the most about anime recently is how something gets an adaptation after only a few volumes. It is almost guaranteed to be sub-par if there is nothing for the animation team to work with.
SaitoeJan 13, 2011 9:19 PM
Jan 13, 2011 1:58 AM

Jan 2010
vigil said:
The dog's reaction was hilarious!

I really need a gif of that.

Decent season. Anything involving the amazoness, or the stupid cute/sparkly shoujo looking Ric and Star (which got old REAL fast) was painful to watch IMO. But still had many laughs along the way and I honestly didn't have high expectations so 7/10.
Jan 13, 2011 2:22 AM

May 2010
i am absolutely going to miss this show.. this set of characters with very amazing seiyuus keep me smiling every time i think about them..
another season would be a gift.. :)

arakawa ub, "what you've shown me could only be answered by thundering applause". :D
Jan 13, 2011 3:40 AM

Oct 2010
A rather just fit end for Maria winning. Clearly Maria was much more evil than before. Although she can be funny with her expressions sometimes. What I really liked more than anything is seeing Nino's face during the circus close up when she is a ballerina. Shots of her on the side along with the Amazon and when she does her act were priceless. Piko in circus mode was cute too.

There is also the Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid reference:
aside from all that in general this second season was a blessing in seeing so much of Nino and Rec. Specifically Nino in swimsuit and Yukata.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 13, 2011 3:58 PM

Nov 2010
haha this series was hilarious. and yea i loved that Metal Gear Solid reference, the way how he was treating Snake like God was priceless. It was a very good series. Kind of sad its over now.
Jan 17, 2011 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
I laughed so hard at that dog brushing off Hoshi's hand and the face it made. Hilarious!

Aww. Nino looked really lovely at the end.

Solid art and animation, good dose of humour, decent characterisation (although highlighting the side characters like Last Samurai more was nice). It would have been better than last season if it had more plot, though. 6/10 overall, same as S1. It was going to be less because of failure to deliver re: plot, but the gags made up for that.

Will be waiting for a third season.
yamakasiJan 25, 2011 5:52 PM
Jan 26, 2011 3:04 AM

Aug 2010
So, they never went to Venus? I am greatly disappointed but satisfied with the ending!!

I felt like there was more character development in this season than the last. The joke came to me as somewhat funnier than the previous season so i loved it!!
Jan 28, 2011 12:51 AM

Jul 2010
As like the first season, I enjoyed the second season of Arakawa under the bridge.
However, a few things that really let down the second season compared to the first season:
- The Characters: They didn't feel like they "grew" or "stood" out in comparison to the first season, therefore, the character development felt lacking.
- Change in personalities: Related to the first point, some characters (Mainly Recruit, Star) had drastic personality changes not fitting with their characters which did not really "fit" in properly.
- Some episodes were terribly lacking.
- Ending: Felt a bit anti-climactic, it feels like they are banking fully on a season 3, not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing seeing how season 2 was a step down from the first.

Overall, still enjoyable, but does not match the awesomeness of the first season.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Feb 7, 2011 10:11 AM

Dec 2009
Sakasama Bridge <3 ...
I'm angry that they didn't go to venus ... but the show is far too awesome anyway ... i hope there'll be a third season <3 ..
Feb 8, 2011 1:14 AM

Oct 2010
If its ends like this i dont understand why they would even include gliimses of a plot.
Feb 15, 2011 12:28 AM

Jan 2008
communiist said:
If its ends like this i dont understand why they would even include gliimses of a plot.

couldn't have said it better myself.

even for a comedy show, there was literally no wrap up. season three or no season three, that ending sucked. overall the show was a joy to watch though.
Mar 12, 2011 7:31 PM

Apr 2010
Why didn't they go to Venus? This makes me mad >:[... Anyway... I loved this season, it was very funny but it just left me wanting more!!

I'll miss this show so much :(

Mar 24, 2011 10:54 PM
Jun 2008
f the haters this show is hilarious, if you are watching this for the plot you are doing it wrong.

and like others have said most of those questions have already been answered.

the mysterious guy who threatens shimazaki and gets the riverfront development deal stopped is so obviously the mayor (kappa) that I really wonder what kind of low iq it would take to miss the obviousness of it.

10/10 same as season 1, a pure comedic masterpiece (the series not necessarily every episode is a 10)
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
May 6, 2011 3:41 AM

Sep 2010
I liked this season a lot more than the first.
May 10, 2011 1:39 AM

Jan 2010
The ending reminds me of Lucky Star's...
May 11, 2011 5:16 PM

Feb 2010
The ending was shitt... the overall ride was awesome! season 3 please????
May 17, 2011 4:33 AM

Feb 2011
they still remain in earth
no information for third season

8/10 because i love the randomness
Jul 14, 2011 1:01 PM

Nov 2009
im glad that maria FINALLY got some damn air time. i agree this season focused on shitty characters (p ko) a lot. i wouldve liked to see more maria and that captain guy who was in like one episode : / he was really funny too. overall 7/10 for me. i don't care either way if they make a 3rd season or not. i also would prefer another zetsubou sensei
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2011 10:24 AM

May 2010
I feel like the end of this season was a bit of a let-down, but the earlier episodes were definitely better than season 1 for me. The situations were a bit funnier and we fleshed out the characters a bit more. I give season one a middle 6, and season two a high 6.
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 21, 2011 3:01 PM

Dec 2009
I wish this had another season... but even if the ending felt incomplete to me I love this show anyway, all the characters are hilarious and the humor is great.
Sep 22, 2011 1:42 PM
Jul 2009
I hope she will end it in l-a movie like in DMCity:> I do not know if season 3 is ok option.
But I WANT MORE:D Arakawa never enough!

Anyway season 1 was character portrayal, some funny stuff.
Season 2 gave us more love between Nino x Rick. There was more magic than in season 1.

Recruit said one sentence, sth. about beeing forever with everyone. So I quess that author could create much more episodes, great ones but isn't it better to keep it in your minds or read manga:)))??? Feel the magic, like in circus the show must go on.
batonikSep 22, 2011 1:53 PM
xxx
Sep 28, 2011 11:28 AM
Sep 2011
well season 1 is awesome, the fun, the funny, the weird thing and the extraordinary reach my brain and heart to the max, it never been boring to watch. i also like the op song

season 2 is very2 disappointing, the story line is out of order, too much outsider thing they put in it, like a tin sardines , it too much pack, it has destroy the ingredient. it bored to watch, just some funny thing and the feeling to know what happen next is the reason i keep watching, but in the end, the story just move a bit and been wasted by many craps episode.. sad...

hope the will make better season=)
Nov 12, 2011 9:19 AM

Aug 2011
Every time Nino would say she wanted to be together with everyone, I would be thinking, "Why?! Just be alone with Rick!" lol I know this show is funny because of the other characters, of course but I wanted to see more Rick and Nino moments =)

They have to make a season 3, the ending is not satisfying. Plus, we never find out how Rick's dad knows Nino because he said he recognized her.
They cheated. Fair and Square.
Nov 29, 2011 4:09 AM

Oct 2011
Loved this season more than the last one
Apr 7, 2012 2:39 PM
Nov 2011
This episode was so full of epic.

Whatever is Sister's religion, I will follow it. Big Boss truly is god! I'll never forget your teachings of CQC, Boss! (T-T)

Also, I laugh so much watching this anime. It's funny how I sort of get used to all the strange stuff that happens, and then when I figure out how completely random everything is it becomes twice as hilarious.

A third season would be great, this is one of the greatest comedies I have ever watched.

Semper fi! =D
May 8, 2012 4:05 AM
Aug 2010
videlreyes said:
Plus, we never find out how Rick's dad knows Nino because he said he recognized her.

I think he meant his wife
May 26, 2012 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
Kind of disappointed Riku's dad never showed up beside that one scene in this entire series.

And thus the season ends without ever shedding any more light on Nino's past.

Overall felt this season was a bit lackluster. Season 1 gets more credit because it introduced most of the cast, but, most of the new cast introduced or expanded upon in season 2 was kind of annoying (Billy was cool tho).

Got some nice laughs, but also had at least 1-2 episodes where I honestly didn't laugh a single moment. To call this a great comedy would be overstating it.

Well, I overly enjoyed the first season, so it's kind of expected I will kind of disappointed. It was the right anime at the right time for me. This season, unfortunately, isn't.

I might have to go with a 7 or 8. 8 for now.
Jun 8, 2012 1:58 PM

May 2012
I loved the episode although i prefered the first season.
I hope season 3 will be released soon!
Jun 20, 2012 2:34 PM
May 2012
IamNappa said:
LexLeogryfon said:
shit without ending.
If producers decide to make 3rd season i will not watch it.
Series was betray me.
When they fuck get into damned Venus?
who is misterious person in office? chief?
what happened with father of main hero? nothing?
GOD DAMN.
The worst ever ending,
okay graphic was good, and sounds of sunohair also awesome. But storyline is pretty crappy!

lol you watch this show for a story line? O_o

This show is shaft craziness and randomness.

If u want a show that is shaft craziness and randomness u should watch KeitoKai Yakuindomo :D
Jul 12, 2012 10:54 AM

Dec 2009
Nice ending.
This season wasn't as funny as the first, but I still enjoyed.

7/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 7, 2010

86 by DebiPS »»
Jul 20, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

99 by dspr »»
Jul 8, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

59 by dspr »»
Jul 7, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 14, 2010

90 by dspr »»
Jul 7, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SolarStar - Oct 21, 2010

81 by dspr »»
Jul 7, 1:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.