Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 27, 7:09 AM
Sep 2022
Frieren's character possesses several qualities that can inspire better stories. Firstly, her depth and complexity offer writers a rich canvas to explore various themes such as redemption, personal growth, and the passage of time. Her journey from a powerful mage to a more introspective and compassionate individual opens up avenues for compelling character development arcs.

Secondly, Frieren's enigmatic nature and mysterious past provide fertile ground for intriguing plot twists and revelations. Writers can delve into her backstory, uncovering secrets that shed light on her motivations and actions, thus adding layers of depth to the narrative.

Moreover, Frieren's interactions with other characters, especially her relationships with companions and adversaries, offer opportunities for exploring themes of friendship, loyalty, and moral ambiguity. These dynamics can lead to nuanced storytelling that resonates with audiences on an emotional level.

Overall, Frieren's character serves as a catalyst for weaving intricate narratives that blend action, drama, and introspection, ultimately inspiring writers to craft stories that are both engaging and thought-provoking.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 27, 7:15 AM

Sep 2016
Forgive me for summoning the devil, it's for the sake of entertainment.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 27, 7:18 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
@Zarutaku

The ReZero fanboy? Bet.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 27, 8:33 AM

Nov 2019
None of the characters in this show are among my favorites, nor do I consider the story anything special, but this show is a lesson for storytelling and direction. Even if you have something simple to work with, you can make it look good - that is art. And obviously music and animation of highest calibre.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 27, 8:44 AM

Nov 2019
Aren't them all what animu has done for years and years? Why grabbing all the credits to Frieren now? Lol, tourist.
SgtBateManMay 27, 9:46 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 27, 9:13 AM
Jan 2021
Yeah. Frieren does everything at least decent and exceeds in most aspects. It's even Top Tier in some elements. Frieren is the most perfect Anime imo

Characters are well written and believable. They aren't there to fit some Anime Character trope. They feel like an actual part of the world and can stand their own ground as characters.

The worldbuilding and lore are amazing.

It has the single best portrayal of Demons in Anime and it's not even close.

The first Season is also argueably the most impressive stand alone Anime Season in the industry in terms of production Value. Especially since it aired 28 weeks in a row with one week break
May 27, 9:18 AM

Aug 2018
No, it's more like Madhouse got their act together and finally made a decent anime after so many years since the last one.
May 27, 9:26 AM
Jan 2021
Rhae said:
No, it's more like Madhouse got their act together and finally made a decent anime after so many years since the last one.

Decent?! It's more like the most impressive Anime production ever ๐Ÿ˜ถ

Also there is more to it than just having Top Tier Animation. Best example Demon Slayer. You seem to be one of those who think Frieren is on Number 1 for no reason ๐Ÿ’€
May 27, 9:35 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to AshTheChamp
Rhae said:

Decent?! It's more like the most impressive Anime production ever ๐Ÿ˜ถ

Also there is more to it than just having Top Tier Animation. Best example Demon Slayer. You seem to be one of those who think Frieren is on Number 1 for no reason ๐Ÿ’€
@AshTheChamp Um, I actually love Frieren, I was just being sarcastic, but it didn't come across.
May 27, 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
Zarutaku said:

Ah, yes. The infamous lolcow, who seem to unironcally belive, that it is not possible for two anime of the same genre to be good (which is why he has such a hateboner against Frieren, Mushoku Tensei and any other critically acclaimed fantasy/isekai).

May 27, 9:56 AM
Jan 2021
Rhae said:
@AshTheChamp Um, I actually love Frieren, I was just being sarcastic, but it didn't come across.

Ah ok. Apologies my guy
May 27, 10:06 AM

Apr 2024
I don't believe you. Next time try not sounding like an AI or a high schooler essay, it would be more convincing.
Blackโ˜…Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

โบ โบ โผ
May 27, 10:09 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@Zarutaku

The ReZero fanboy? Bet.
@GoatPieceLuffy

Calling people 'something's fanboy' with the nickname 'GoatPieceLuffy.' Your entire topic is worth as much as One Piece, which is zero.

Animes like Frieren kill the industry. These shallow series have the sole objective of satisfying normies who lack media literacy and have no expectations for unique writing.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
May 27, 10:13 AM
Dec 2020
PostMahouShoujo said:
I don't believe you. Next time try not sounding like an AI or a high schooler essay, it would be more convincing.

You have used ChatGPT so much that you can't distinguish real essays from fake essays anymore.
May 27, 10:16 AM
Jan 2021
Okeanix said:
@GoatPieceLuffy

Calling people 'something's fanboy' with the nickname 'GoatPieceLuffy.' Your entire topic is worth as much as One Piece, which is zero.

Animes like Frieren kill the industry. These shallow series have the sole objective of satisfying normies who lack media literacy and have no expectations for unique writing.

Like anyone cares what a hater thinks ๐Ÿ’€. You're the sole reason the Re:Zero Fandom has a bad reputation
May 27, 10:25 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to AshTheChamp
Okeanix said:
@GoatPieceLuffy

Like anyone cares what a hater thinks ๐Ÿ’€. You're the sole reason the Re:Zero Fandom has a bad reputation
@AshTheChamp Says the Rem fan which is the most toxic and selfish girl in entire Re:Zero.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
May 27, 10:43 AM
Jan 2023
Okeanix said:
@GoatPieceLuffy

didn't like the show I take it ?
May 27, 11:11 AM
Jan 2021
Okeanix said:
@AshTheChamp Says the Rem fan which is the most toxic and selfish girl in entire Re:Zero.

You're a Re:Zero fan, but still don't understand one of the most important characters in the story? That explains a lot why you would trash talk such an amazing Anime like Frieren
May 27, 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
I hope it sprouts a million copycats.
May 27, 11:33 AM

Jul 2021
Zarutaku said:

That dude is still hating on frieren?
May 27, 12:10 PM
Apr 2023
Okeanix said:

thats why youre the legend man
May 27, 12:54 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@Zarutaku

The ReZero fanboy? Bet.
@GoatPieceLuffy Why you gotta do me like that =(
May 27, 2:10 PM
Jul 2023
Okeanix said:
@GoatPieceLuffy

Frieren didn’t have to create a whole new genre, it just implied a small thing and mastered that ONE THING. I personally don’t see it as a 10/10 material but it’s worth noting that it isn’t COMPLETE garbage. You need to at least give it credit for what it did. Re:Zero is also just a legitimately good show and overall I say it’s better than Frieren but it isn’t the absolute masterpiece you claim it is.
May 27, 3:27 PM

Mar 2017
Frieren is certainly inspirational, but I'm not sure there'll be a bump in quality writing and storytelling. It's a skill issue, not lack of inspiration.
May 27, 5:10 PM
Oct 2022
why chat gpt though
May 27, 8:01 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Okeanix
@GoatPieceLuffy

@Okeanix

I honestly think you're trolling for the sake of trolling, or you genuinely don't have media literacy yourself.
May 27, 8:54 PM

Aug 2018
I like Frieren. I read the manga before the anime was a thing, it's really nothing special. It kinda becomes shounen-like very early on and Frieren's character becomes more light hearted and childish than the Frieren we see in the first few chapters. It's your usual fantasy SOL with some action here and there.
May 27, 10:35 PM

Jul 2016
Just glad to see madhouse finally getting back on track finally
May 27, 10:45 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to Okeanix
@GoatPieceLuffy

@Okeanix thank you dude for entertaining us. You always made me laugh.
May 28, 1:22 AM
Jun 2019
Okeanix said:

You're like a court jester to us now. Thank you for your service.
May 28, 6:35 AM
Mar 2021
I don't know why people are praising frieren as it is a Bible

frieren is a good show but it is far from the best anime title mal has given it, neither does it do anything new or mind blowing that shakes the medium of anime
May 28, 3:20 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to SgtBateMan
Aren't them all what animu has done for years and years? Why grabbing all the credits to Frieren now? Lol, tourist.
@SgtBateMan I came here to say something similar, yeah.

I don't think Frieren did anything impressive or remarkable OP, not even the animation because Madhouse has done better animation in the past so it doesn't come across as impressive when it comes from a studio everyone knows can do some of the highest quality animation in the industry.
May 28, 7:49 PM
Mar 2022
thank you chatgpt very cool
May 28, 10:21 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Gwennyn
thank you chatgpt very cool
@PeeBeeBoi

Is your reading comprehension that low?
May 28, 10:30 PM
Mar 2022
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@PeeBeeBoi

is your humor comprehension that low
May 28, 10:33 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Gwennyn
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@PeeBeeBoi

is your humor comprehension that low
@PeeBeeBoi

Why is your humor bad?
May 28, 10:34 PM
Mar 2022
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@PeeBeeBoi

Why is your humor bad?

idk man. whether it was funny or not is entirely subjective. whether or not you got that it was a joke is on you tho...
May 31, 1:13 AM
Apr 2024
Frieren's story starts from the beginning and end of the adventure! She liked Himmel, but with the action scene there is no denying her power from an elf so strong with mana! She taught Fern a lot about how to have the ability to power! That's why she's awesome!
May 31, 8:50 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
@Zarutaku Also fueling chaos, i see? lmao

I like the story. I also like Frieren and Himmel's characters and the relationship between them. But I don't think they are anything outstanding, earthshaking. What I appreciate is the instructive aspect. It has a structure that can add something to you and change your perspective. And it manages to do this without blaring it out like they do in "kid's cartoons". There aren't a lot shows that can achieve this.
meyveMay 31, 9:39 AM

Jun 7, 11:03 PM

Jan 2020
I wish to see another series (preferably with a male mc since most male mc shows now are often hated) top the charts and pop off unanimously like Frieren did. Maybe Madhouse decides to pick up a different series and masterfully adapt that

More topics from this board

» Does Sense not make sense to anyone else?

SoulessAnime - 5 hours ago

5 by RobertsahDHDA »»
34 minutes ago

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Sep 22

144 by TwigzLIVE »»
51 minutes ago

» Not all people likes highly rated anime (Especially gamers)

Hickykissy - Sep 25

44 by shttingmyself »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » thankyou, frieren. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Aug 12

50 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

345 by subahokke »»
Sep 25, 10:13 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.