Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2023 12:13 AM
May 2022
what happened to that whole "if you overuse your quirk anymore, you may permanently lose the use of your arms" thing recovery girl told him? did the scriptwriters forget, or was she just bluffing to get him to chill out? also, why the FUCK didn't he use blackwhip??? like dude: you know physical attacks don't work on this guy! why wouldn't you try to wrap him up or throw rocks at him or some shit? even if the former doesn't work, you're taking a hell of a lot less damage than just mindlessly smashing/air forcing him 💀 for as much of a nerd as deku's supposed to be, he fought like a real moron against ol' flecty
Apr 11, 2023 12:38 AM
Apr 2023
I agree the way he used ofa was really dumb especially because of the timing of the movie he had just unlocked black whip so black would have been so useful he could have at least held him down long enough to get the key in. Also yeah what did happen to recovery girl saying he would lose his arms I mean it would sense if ari reversed time on them like she did with lamillion’s quirk but she doesn’t learn to control her powers until the paranormal liberation front war arc so he shouldn’t be able to use his arms anymore at all.
Apr 11, 2023 2:04 AM
Aug 2021
Well to be fair, this movie is non-canon, so I kinda think they just didn’t even bother trying. The previous movie was like this as well, with a lot of plot holes. They just didn’t give a shit, lmao
Mando727Apr 11, 2023 2:14 AM
Apr 11, 2023 5:05 AM
Feb 2022
Mando727 said:
Well to be fair, this movie is non-canon, so I kinda think they just didn’t even bother trying. The previous movie was like this as well, with a lot of plot holes. They just didn’t give a shit, lmao

the movie is canon it's been confirmed
Apr 11, 2023 5:08 AM
Aug 2021
Jemito said:
Mando727 said:

When was it confirmed? First I’ve heard of it.

And I don’t see how, because so far, all of the movies have had plot holes that make it almost impossible for them to actually connect to the main series. Not to mention the simple question of “why haven’t the events of these movies been referenced in the show?”

So if they were confirmed to be canon, then that’s just stupid. I won’t be treating them as such.
Apr 11, 2023 5:15 AM
Feb 2022
Mando727 said:
Jemito said:

And I don’t see how, because so far, all of the movies have had plot holes that make it almost impossible for them to actually connect to the main series. Not to mention the simple question of “why haven’t the events of these movies been referenced in the show?”

So if they were confirmed to be canon, then that’s just stupid. I won’t be treating them as such.

they have been confirmed in the manga
Apr 11, 2023 5:16 AM
Feb 2022
Jemito said:
Mando727 said:

and Melissa has been canon for a while cause of Dekus gauntlets he gets in season 6
Apr 11, 2023 5:17 AM
Aug 2021
Jemito said:
Mando727 said:

Damn. Well that’s stupid.
Apr 11, 2023 7:01 AM
Feb 2021
psyche-K said:
what happened to that whole "if you overuse your quirk anymore, you may permanently lose the use of your arms" thing recovery girl told him? did the scriptwriters forget, or was she just bluffing to get him to chill out? also, why the FUCK didn't he use blackwhip??? like dude: you know physical attacks don't work on this guy! why wouldn't you try to wrap him up or throw rocks at him or some shit? even if the former doesn't work, you're taking a hell of a lot less damage than just mindlessly smashing/air forcing him 💀 for as much of a nerd as deku's supposed to be, he fought like a real moron against ol' flecty

I believe that after Eri reverted his body in season four it reset his body to his original state, and changed how much he could use all for one without doing permanent damage to his body.
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM
Dec 2017
in the anime in this past season they said his body is more used to the quirk which is why he's able to use 45% of its power. idk when this movie takes place but if it's a good bit after season 2 then his body has adapted more to the quirk
Apr 11, 2023 7:45 AM

Jul 2011
Mando727 said:
Jemito said:

If you want to know.

Most of the movies have been mentioned during the show run. The only one that hasn't was the second movie. 

giftedxhandsin the anime in this past season they said his body is more used to the quirk which is why he's able to use 45% of its power. idk when this movie takes place but if it's a good bit after season 2 then his body has adapted more to the quirk
The third movie takes place during the Endeavor training ark. 
animedude1287Apr 11, 2023 9:17 AM
Apr 11, 2023 8:25 AM

Jan 2021
you don't get it, it's not MHA unless they go plus ultra goddammit
Apr 11, 2023 9:58 AM
Jan 2023
I don’t think this movie is canon but still it doesn’t make sense how he can still use his arms considering the rest of the series
Apr 11, 2023 12:28 PM
Feb 2022
i em glad he ait no bitch no more in this arc
Apr 11, 2023 4:41 PM

Jul 2011
DoggoWithKnife said:
I don’t think this movie is canon but still it doesn’t make sense how he can still use his arms considering the rest of the series

I’d say it’s cannon with the anime, as it is mentioned. Thou, with the newest chapter, the movies are now cannon with the movies. Thou, it’s debatable.
Apr 12, 2023 12:57 AM
Jan 2022
recovery girl said that when deku always have broken limb every usage of his power.

and at that time Deku can't really control blackwhip.

and got to torn up is Deku's signature move.
Apr 20, 2023 10:25 AM
Jul 2015
I wouldn't think too hard about the logic of Shonen tie in films, especially considering the conclusion of the second MHA movie. while logically using black whip or something would have made actual sense, would you really prefer that over the animation spectacle of deku just going ham on the guy?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia the Movie 3: World Heroes' Mission Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Aug 7, 2021

126 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Aug 18, 10:26 AM

» Rank the three MHA movies, from your favourite to least favourite

eclipsesonic - Nov 11, 2021

20 by APolygons2 »»
Mar 29, 10:31 PM

» Justice for Rody

Korukewi - Oct 31, 2021

11 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 2023 5:15 PM

» The longest 5 mins ever

mechian - Oct 31, 2021

10 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:14 AM

» THIS IS PEAK ANIMATION/SAKUGA

Plopop - Feb 17, 2022

17 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.