Forums
New
Dec 16, 2018 8:41 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
That is a good thing at least, right?
Dec 22, 2018 2:31 PM
Mar 2017
anyone knows if the story is rooted in the other seasons?
Jan 2, 2019 9:02 PM

Jul 2017
Kan'U + Ryuubi is always a good thing. Gonna have to catch back up on this series, it's been years...
Jan 2, 2019 9:04 PM

Nov 2016
I dropped the OG. It didn't Catch my Eye When I watched it Years ago. Is it Any good? Does it Eventually Get better or What?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2019 9:23 PM

Aug 2009
Obligatory appearance.

TsubasaFamily said:
Kan'U + Ryuubi is always a good thing.

As much as I like the library scene in GG, that was roughly 11 years ago. And with the series barely getting updated, my expectations on that subplot being expended upon beyond "Kan'u is a lesbian" are pretty low.

Jan 2, 2019 10:15 PM

Jul 2017
FacelessVixen said:
Obligatory appearance.

TsubasaFamily said:
Kan'U + Ryuubi is always a good thing.

As much as I like the library scene in GG, that was roughly 11 years ago. And with the series barely getting updated, my expectations on that subplot being expended upon beyond "Kan'u is a lesbian" are pretty low.

Jesus, don't make me feel so old lmao.

I wouldn't personally mind even simple "Kan'u is a lesbian nods", but I would bet a solid $20 there'll be a Kan'U/Ryuubi fan service scene (or at least Kan'u fantasizing)
Jan 4, 2019 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
@TsubasaFamily: I wouldn't bet against that and would like to see that, but more in the sensual sense of me actually liking the series very much and not just yuri for the sake of it; which is the general impression that I get from everything post Xtreme Xecutor: Just more Ikkitousen for the sake of it because there isn't much support for a new season but some people on staff at Arms still care about it. And I've been saying since Shuugaku Toushi Keppuuroku that I just want a final season to put this series to rest since four or five seasons is a pretty good run, especially for ecchi.

Still, we'll see where things go. Maybe Western Wolves and the Senran Kagura endorsements will spark enough of an interest for a proper fifth and final season; hopefully as a second coming of either Dragon Destiny or Great Guardians in terms of being meaningful.

Jan 4, 2019 1:47 PM

Nov 2018
FacelessVixen said:
@TsubasaFamily: I wouldn't bet against that and would like to see that, but more in the sensual sense of me actually liking the series very much and not just yuri for the sake of it; which is the general impression that I get from everything post Xtreme Xecutor: Just more Ikkitousen for the sake of it because there isn't much support for a new season but some people on staff at Arms still care about it. And I've been saying since Shuugaku Toushi Keppuuroku that I just want a final season to put this series to rest since four or five seasons is a pretty good run, especially for ecchi.

Still, we'll see where things go. Maybe Western Wolves and the Senran Kagura endorsements will spark enough of an interest for a proper fifth and final season; hopefully as a second coming of either Dragon Destiny or Great Guardians in terms of being meaningful.

Hopefully! i've been wanting a 5th Season for AGES, especially with how Extravaganza Epoch ended leaving it open, alright we getting Western Wolves but seriously hope a full Season will come about, so annoying being a huge fan of Senran Kagura and Ikki Tousen and seeing the Ikki Tousen Characters as DLC In the SK games, reminding me how much I want another full season... need more Ryomou :D
Jan 4, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2017
FacelessVixen said:

Interesting, I never really got that impression; it felt more like Ikkitousen was just following some of the newer ecchi trends to try and stay relevant (granted, I don't think a lot of the newer trends are as sexy as the old ones). I guess it has been dragged out a bit, it's just been a while, so it doesn't feel that way to me... I'm also always down for ecchi/yuri for the sake of it lol. I do get your point though and you're probably more personally invested in the series than I am.

As far as a new full season, that's something I probably wouldn't bet on, but it'd be nice to see. I feel like the OVA itself is riding on those SK endorsements to be honest, but who knows, maybe they're also trying to gauge interest.
Jan 4, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2009
ArbiterUK said:
Hopefully! i've been wanting a 5th Season for AGES, especially with how Extravaganza Epoch ended leaving it open, alright we getting Western Wolves but seriously hope a full Season will come about, so annoying being a huge fan of Senran Kagura and Ikki Tousen and seeing the Ikki Tousen Characters as DLC In the SK games, reminding me how much I want another full season... need more Ryomou :D

Seeing as how Ikki inspired Senran, I can't disagree with Ikki not being as successful is a bit disappointing. But the fact that the corssover happened at all is still pretty awesome, especially knowing that Kenichiro Takaki worked on all three Ikki games before the first Senran game (according to French Wikipedia). So I really can't complain about having arguably the best four Ikki characters in at least two internationally released games that doesn't involve piracy, emulation, translations, or custom firmware in order to play them, and I will never not be amused by Kan'u in a pirate outfit.

TsubasaFamily said:
Interesting, I never really got that impression; it felt more like Ikkitousen was just following some of the newer ecchi trends to try and stay relevant (granted, I don't think a lot of the newer trends are as sexy as the old ones). I guess it has been dragged out a bit, it's just been a while, so it doesn't feel that way to me... I'm also always down for ecchi/yuri for the sake of it lol. I do get your point though and you're probably more personally invested in the series than I am.

As far as a new full season, that's something I probably wouldn't bet on, but it'd be nice to see. I feel like the OVA itself is riding on those SK endorsements to be honest, but who knows, maybe they're also trying to gauge interest.

I am pretty invested, at least as far as the anime goes since, sure, I like big anime titties as much as the next guy and there is something admirable about pushing the ecchi envelope as far as it can go without said show being a hentai, but there weren't enough action set-pieces or a semblance of a potentially interesting story and characters in shows like Queen's Blade for me to really latch on to it like I have with Ikki, HOTD, Freezing, Elfen Lied, and Agent Aika, and I don't like harems.

I'm gonna reserve judgment on whether WW is following trends since I'm trying to ignore screenshots until all three episodes have been fan translated. But based on the few clips I've seen on Gelbooru and Sankaku Complex, I've seen similar scenes in the Dragon Destiny OVAs.

Mar 31, 2019 8:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
now if only there weren't SO MANY GUYS.....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Western Wolves Episode 2 Discussion

TaichouSenpai - Feb 27, 2019

7 by Ceska00 »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:57 AM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Western Wolves Episode 3 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Apr 6, 2019

10 by Gator »»
Jan 7, 2021 1:40 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen: Western Wolves Episode 1 Discussion

TaichouSenpai - Jan 3, 2019

12 by Gator »»
Jan 7, 2021 12:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.