Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 25, 2018 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Feels like Zena is getting along with Satou every episode...

First half of this episode felt really boring imo. Just the two going around town with Zena having more knowledge about the surroundings. I do feel sorry for the slave girls though. The bastards that treated them kinda pisses me off.

Satou is still OP as heck from this episode lol
Pochi and Tama are cute.
Stark700Jan 25, 2018 7:53 AM
Jan 25, 2018 7:24 AM

Apr 2010
So the date was interrupted by trash who seemed to like torturing slaves for money, it's a good thing they where stopped.
But now their are more troubles for the main not that he seems to mind it.
And he picked up a few slaves in the process.
Jan 25, 2018 9:19 AM

Apr 2016
Anime 0
Harem +3

Also, that scene with those people and that priest was terrible.
Jan 25, 2018 9:19 AM

Nov 2014
Those episodes are way too short. I should've waited for it to finish before starting to watch. Can't wait another 7 days.

Anyway, he sure has some interesting titles. I wonder what else got caught in his meteors lol

But that demon... it looked so bad.
Jan 25, 2018 9:23 AM

May 2015
idk why im enjoying this
Jan 25, 2018 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Damn I expected to drop the show since episode one ,even when going into this episode i thought "why i'm still watching this"
But well i continue watching cus it really wasn't bad (and not great) it enjoyable in alot of part remind me of Isekai Smartphone (OP MC with feel good story)

Watch Isekai every once in a while wasn't that bad huh?
Jan 25, 2018 9:47 AM

Sep 2011
Shame the slaves are more interesting than Satoo is. I like the fact that Satoo has the mind of a thirty-something, but using that as an excuse for the purity act just makes him another dull Gary Stu. Make him intelligent and mature - have him take charge. Any smart player in this situation would have looked through all available skills and maxed what they thought they needed at one time, not as they need them.

Ultimately this series feels so detached from what an adult, mature gamer - hell, even a young regular gamer - would do in this situation. They don't understand how gaming actually works, even less so from a game programmer's perspective.
Jan 25, 2018 9:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
All these girls are very enjoyable to watch, not a single girl that got on my nerves in the slightest yet.

Really liking the exploration of the world and Satoo absorbs it all in.
Jan 25, 2018 9:49 AM

May 2015
It's kinda interesting but not really. I wonder when the actual age of MC will become substantial to the plot, or was it just a random thing to differentiate from other isekai shows?
Jan 25, 2018 9:51 AM

Dec 2009
Oh my gosh.. help me... the episodes are way too short I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!! T___T My highlight of the episode was... "He did that on purpose!!" xDD

I'm so excited to see the next episode! I love Tama and Pochi <333333 They're adorable! <33333
Jan 25, 2018 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
Satou is getting along well with Zena. She gave him tour of the place. The stuff with the slaves and the priest was terrible. Pochi and Tama are cute. Satou sure does have a lot of titles. Like he said, he's basically using hacks.
Jan 25, 2018 10:00 AM
Aug 2017
What a slow anime. Already 3 out of 12 episodes and the show is still about exploring the same village, even if it's meant to be a character development episode i'm still waiting for someone interesting, none of the girls so far are more than a Meh.

I hope for some action in the next episodes or this anime won't be much better than isekai wa smartphone, and could be worse if it keeps going this slow.
Jan 25, 2018 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
I'm enjoying this
Jan 25, 2018 10:05 AM
Oct 2010
ten said:
It's kinda interesting but not really. I wonder when the actual age of MC will become substantial to the plot, or was it just a random thing to differentiate from other isekai shows?

Not every single thing is about the plot. Some stuff is about the characters, as is the case of at least 50% of background elements, and serves precisely to give a story flavor. The age is a background element, it could be used but you would not normally expect it to be relevant to the plot. It's relevant to the character's personality, that should be enough to justify it.

Perhaps you don't like the background/personality, but that and the plot are separate matters.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 25, 2018 10:06 AM

Oct 2017
Pochi and Tama are adorable. The episode still seemed slow before they entered the labyrinth even though they cut a lot from the light novel. The slave holder is awful for letting them get pelted by rocks.

Bdun4Jan 25, 2018 10:10 AM
Jan 25, 2018 10:28 AM

May 2015
Ajunky said:
ten said:

Not every single thing is about the plot. Some stuff is about the characters, as is the case of at least 50% of background elements, and serves precisely to give a story flavor. The age is a background element, it could be used but you would not normally expect it to be relevant to the plot. It's relevant to the character's personality, that should be enough to justify it.

Perhaps you don't like the background/personality, but that and the plot are separate matters.

Maybe I haven't expressed my thought very clearly, but what I meant is that I'd like to see the character acting more mature so we can actually see the difference between him and other generic isekai characters. Some contrast in his looks and personality could be a nice touch too. So far it's not really showing, that's all.
Jan 25, 2018 10:50 AM
Oct 2010
ten said:

Maybe I haven't expressed my thought very clearly, but what I meant is that I'd like to see the character acting more mature so we can actually see the difference between him and other generic isekai characters. Some contrast in his looks and personality could be a nice touch too. So far it's not really showing, that's all.

I see... then I agree... I blame the voice acting.

It's actually kinda weird, the inner (adult) and outside voice differ not only in pitch but in the way they speak. That shouldn't be. Makes me wonder if it's really the same actor...

The character does act older though... to a condescending degree even, imo.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 25, 2018 10:51 AM
Dec 2015
ten said:
Ajunky said:

Lets test your arguement for a while.
Take an average 15 year old kid and try to put him in satou's situation.

1.Will a normal 15 yr old haggle for lower price with smiles even when he has the money to buy a country?

2.will a normal 15 yr old calmly assess his surounding and take out the villain behind the scene to save the slave girls.

3. A guy with crazy loots, holy sword, magic sword, all the money in the world able to defeat demon lord, conquer the world. And all he does is in the whole 3 episode is sightseeing. Now is that something that a 15 yr old will take priority?

In conclusion, i think satou is ossan enough for a main character.
Jan 25, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2016
Great episode! Although I must admit that the second half of the series was more interesting than the first.
Jan 25, 2018 11:02 AM
Dec 2011
ten said:

It's actually plot important thing that Satoo is an aldut and programmer. It would be more visible if they did not cut out those monologs. He seems plain without it.
Jan 25, 2018 11:11 AM
Oct 2010
jejai said:

1.Will a normal 15 yr old haggle for lower price with smiles even when he has the money to buy a country?

2.will a normal 15 yr old calmly assess his surounding and take out the villain behind the scene to save the slave girls.

3. A guy with crazy loots, holy sword, magic sword, all the money in the world able to defeat demon lord, conquer the world. And all he does is in the whole 3 episode is sightseeing. Now is that something that a 15 yr old will take priority?

Dunno about that argument. MCs are almost never normal and there are plenty of uncommonly composed teens in fiction.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 25, 2018 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
The date in the first part of the episode wasn't very exciting, but the conflict in the second half was interesting i guess.

Lol Satoo's harem has grown....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jan 25, 2018 11:23 AM
Dec 2015
Ajunky said:
jejai said:

Dunno about that argument. MCs are almost never normal and there are plenty of uncommonly composed teens in fiction.

Yeah, good point.
Maybe i am biased as a WN reader.
But the monologue from WN really make his previous age and job stands out. It gets more visible as the series progress but sadly i dont think the anime has enough episode for us to see it.
Jan 25, 2018 11:36 AM

Sep 2017
Finally there is something happening. The first 2 episodes weren't interesting at all, but after the half of the 3rd episode some action is showing up.
The 3 slave- girls are kinda cute and adorable too, I need to say.

Jan 25, 2018 11:49 AM
Nov 2016
As usual, an Isekai show reminds us how trashy anime can be
Jan 25, 2018 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
Glad to see they finally started the labyrinth, though was a bit annoyed it didn't start til half way through the episode.

Also maxing that kidnapping skill immediately. Good for getting more lolis.

The zoom in shot of the demon eye monster was atrocious though. I don't need to see awful CGI up close. Not getting my hopes up for future monsters we'll see.
PaulJan 25, 2018 12:04 PM
Jan 25, 2018 11:58 AM
Jul 2016
thesarcasticguy said:
Nope you're completely wrong. This anime is pretty damn good and enjoyable
Jan 25, 2018 12:17 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent I guess.
The scene with the priest and the people felt really contrived.

Satoo getting more girls.
Jan 25, 2018 12:20 PM
Jun 2016
kurikinton said:
idk why im enjoying this

For me the manga was the girls :> They are cute and fun.
Jan 25, 2018 12:34 PM

Oct 2017
All of those isekai genres anime seems to have worse animations while the episode continues (out of fund again?) They are following the manga route but I don't think it's as impressive as the manga nor the original novels (meh it's really hard to get enough funding unless sth like Rising of the shield hero :D ) The enchant of spells is a bit weird tho those speed up enchanted doesn't sound so pleasant to ears but hey it's a relax and chill anime so I don't care some much about other espects. At least it is enjoyable
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOLI BATTLE POCHI & TAMA VS CHARLOTTE & AI in LOLI KING OSHIGOTO
WHO WINS?

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Jan 25, 2018 12:39 PM
Jul 2015
thesarcasticguy said:

Correction,

" As usual, a harem show reminds us how trashy anime can be"

Isekai itself isn't bad; harem is the one element making Isekai bad, if it's a harem for just one male MC. I hate harems so much, so this trash is just the same as non-Isekai harems from other genres, like Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Saijaku Muhai, and Nisekoi.

I remembered this thread I read not too long ago >> http://seiyufan.livedoor.biz/archives/8745798.html

CoolitzHubertXVIJan 25, 2018 12:50 PM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jan 25, 2018 12:46 PM
Nov 2016
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
thesarcasticguy said:

Correction,

Isekai itself isn't bad; harem is the one element making Isekai bad, if it's a harem for just one male MC. I hate harems so much, so this trash is just the same as non-Isekai harems from other genres, like Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Saijaku Muhai, and Nisekoi.

I get you. I don't necessarily hate harems but I can understand your point of view. Also, something tells me that those VERY young girls will also be a part of his harem. Smh
Jan 25, 2018 12:54 PM
May 2017
kurikinton said:
idk why im enjoying this
Same but the episodes either feel too short or too drawn out
Jan 25, 2018 12:55 PM
Jan 2015
thesarcasticguy said:
CoolitzHubertXVI said:

Correction,

I get you. I don't necessarily hate harems but I can understand your point of view. Also, something tells me that those VERY young girls will also be a part of his harem. Smh

Satoo literally said it himself in the episode, "Reminds me of my little relatives"

And yes, in the Web Novel, he's still looking at them that way
Jan 25, 2018 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
Satou and Zena going around town and the hecklers get rekt but the eye demon dumps them all somewhere.
Satou getting skills and the slaves are useful.
Jan 25, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
juujin kawaii girls+isekai I don´t need more I love it :))
Jan 25, 2018 1:05 PM

Sep 2015
OH GOD ITS EYE BALL MONSTER CG!! KILL IT!

And the MC got 3 slave...... well its good spice for incoming another Isekai with slave as partner anyways.
Into the Internet!
Jan 25, 2018 1:09 PM

Jan 2018
The best episode so far! Finally got to see some action!
Jan 25, 2018 1:13 PM

Mar 2012
Well, if their is one thing that this show does do good, is that it is very good in expressing the detail of the control and mechanics systems that a standard mmo would have. It is even better than SAO so it has that at least.
Jan 25, 2018 1:26 PM

Aug 2015
First the smartphone anime going downhill like a rollercoaster and now this feels like the next one that’s gonna get worse and worse. So very basic main character...
Jan 25, 2018 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
how do you tell that even the animators are bored

heuh and I had thought that they're putting some time money and effort here.
well, with that content, no wonder.
Jan 25, 2018 1:39 PM

Mar 2011
This is probably the worst anime of this season for me and not just beacuse its terribly generic but also because its just plain boring to watch. There is absolutely nothing that makes the characters or the setting of this anime even remotely interesting.
Jan 25, 2018 2:16 PM

Jul 2015
Raziel1991 said:
This is probably the worst anime of this season for me and not just beacuse its terribly generic but also because its just plain boring to watch. There is absolutely nothing that makes the characters or the setting of this anime even remotely interesting.

When I watched I was thinking "Here we go again with more food...", but Silver Link saved this anime with the one eye demon. The annoying voice, the CG... everything was perfect (if you are into some F grade anime like Ousama game).

The novel might be good (I didn't read it), but the anime adaptation is just giving me Isekai Smartphone vibes. Uninteresting MC with a bunch of lolis doing nothing, packaged in 12 episodes.

Even if I consider this as Slice of Life, this anime doesn't have characters that are good enough to support this approach. The MC voice is soulless and the pitch is annoying.

AdrianRubinskyJan 25, 2018 3:44 PM
Jan 25, 2018 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
I really enjoy reading the manga, and I am glad they adapted the anime, but god the animation quality is sub par. I know not everything can be made with HQ style but for it to be that cheap looking, it is disappointing. I am usually not that picky but when it is so blatant it is distracting.

anyways, time to train to two kids and liza and get out of the dungeon.
Jan 25, 2018 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
Well, I gave it three episodes, but it's just not catching me, I'm out. Admittedly this was the first episode that really showed any promise that there might be something in it for me, but it still feels like all the parts of Sword Art Online that I didn't like without any of the things I did. I can see the appeal, it's just not for me.

I do have to say though, I wish people would stop blaming the Isekai "genre." That's not the problem (it's not even really a problem, as I'll explain at the end of this paragraph), in large part because at it's core, it's not even really a genre, it's a framing device: a character (or sometimes lots of characters!) from the real world suddenly finds his/herself in a fantasy world, whether it's real or a game or whatever. It's just started to feel like a genre because a lot of authors have used that framing device in the same way, which is why all of those things like wish-fulfillment and overpowered MCs and harems have become associated with it even though they don't have to be. But there are plenty of shows that do something else with Isekai, like Re:Zero (a dark deconstruction of those ideas), KonoSuba (a comedy that often delves into lighter deconstruction), and if you go back further before SAO created an Isekai craze, you'll find that some parts of the .Hack// franchise made use of that framing device quite differently. Don't blame the tool, blame the people using it wrong. Except that it's not really wrong, because as much hate as they get (including from myself), these sorts of wish-fulfillment stories have their place and their audience. If you're not that audience, don't watch them. Like how I'm going to not watch any more of this.

</rant>
MistLiighJan 25, 2018 3:32 PM
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Jan 25, 2018 3:46 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Zena sure is determined to repay Satoo though. But man she's so cute when she pouts about not being able to pay for the food though. Seems magic here is also used for tasks other than combat interesting. After defeating that many enemies im sure he will have a ton of titles. But that demonstration there against that crooked priest did a good job of showing Zena's righteousness and Satoo's quick thinking there. That maze though sure was large though but Satoo's organisation skills were pretty good and despite the unusual team things seemed to be off to a good start. Curious to see how this goes next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2018 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
Another slower paced episode, yet by the end it felt like it ended too soon and I wanted more at the same time. At least we made it to the event I've been waiting for, the labyrinth. Things should pick up from here, plus it's nice to have Liza, Tama and Pochi along for the ride at last, so adorable!
Jan 25, 2018 5:48 PM

Nov 2017
So far its not too bad.I agree the animation and cgi could be better,though having read the LN's so far(currently re-reading),I think they are setting the pace quite well.
What annoys me more is the fact that the subs groups so far don't seem to be translating Satoo's menu's as well?
Which is a shame,though I do realise it'd be a hell of a lot more work.

All in all,so far,I'm enjoying it.
Jan 25, 2018 6:56 PM
Mar 2009
Glad they started the new Labyrinth story this episode. I enjoyed that part of the manga and it's looking pretty good in this episode so far.

Although a real super minor thing, in the manga when the Charmer shows up to clean Zena's blouse, MC thought it was suspicious of her to suddenly show up so conveniently after the stain was made. Like I said, super minor, but for me I liked how it showed he can spot a scam. Just a bit of character development I wanted them to show.

Looking forward to Ep.4
Jan 25, 2018 7:51 PM
Sep 2012
This show is god awful. MC's "young" voice is so annoying. There's no tension and nothing to overcome... everything is too easy. MC is too OP for this to be of any interest.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

145 by ag_ »»
Sep 23, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

84 by ag_ »»
Sep 23, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 20, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

272 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 20, 8:46 AM

» Why such a low rating? ( 1 2 )

KazuroWeisemann - Jan 28, 2018

86 by Kaneki456 »»
Jul 29, 5:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.