Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2009 1:00 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow!!! The king does not like the Mute Whistles?
Oct 4, 2009 2:35 PM
Dec 2007
Beave said:
Wow!!! The king does not like the Mute Whistles?

Unexpected ideology from the Queen indeed. A great episode once again, with quite nice developments. Seems like Erin will have a much more prominent place later on, especially after the next episode, which will probably be just epic.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 4, 2009 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
Cortez321 said:
I am pretty sure everyone knows, but that gold-eyed guy is certainly a bad guy

ya think?

now that everyone knows about her that's when everything wills tart moving.

easy breeding of beasts using erin's method is probably something the canon attempts to prohibit. well next episode will start what something much greater.
Oct 4, 2009 7:23 PM

Jun 2007
Easy breeding is obviously bad for the sole reason that humans will be able to ride beast lords around again like in the past. The group that's trying to overthrow the queen (her nephew?) is obviously going to use this to their advantage if she moves to that city.

The queen doesn't seem to know her own people's past history...at least not more then what her own people know.

This series just keeps getting better and better.
Oct 4, 2009 7:42 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Such a surprised expression followed by a sly smile (the Queen's nephew) is not something one can easily miss. Not to mention he's starting to threaten Erin :/

However, what Erin is doing could possibly lead to a repeat of the tragedy. I really hope she can figure out a way to prevent that from happening.

And FAIL seducing from Damiya. Iaru doesn't look too happy, does he?

It's wonderful to raise Oujuu freely. However, some humans will abuse that power. How to prevent that is something very hard to do. I wonder if Her Majesty does know the truth behind Oujuu and Touda. She should have known since she's a direct descendant from the gold-eyed tribe....Is she really as innocent as she look like? Or is she hiding some wisdom?

Next episode. Will the Oujuus go berserk? This series is getting better and better once again.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 4, 2009 10:49 PM

Aug 2007
The queen is capricious and stupid. Capricious because she wanted sth that would put many people on the spot and stupid because she barged in to "beast's lair" thinking that nothing can happen to her. I seriously doubt the queen knew about the true history of her ancestors (although she's very old so she would be the most likely person to know it), unless she has Daihmiya's character. Another example of her stupidity was when her nephew obviously blackmailed and threatened Erin and all she said was "forgive him, he just snaps when he sees beautiful woman", lol. It's very possible she didn't hear that part but she should have reacted when he literally molested her and took Erin's hand by force (kill him for that!). Still she's stupid because she can't notice an obvious pattern - when Daihmiya organizes sth for her dangerous things happen but never to him. Since the blame is often put on Duke's followers why is it like that? She's just too stupid (call it naive if you like) to be aware of his behaviour. Also it was obvious to me from the moment I saw him planning to go back by river that he would plan another attack. Didn't think he would use touda though (instead of archers - in the boat the queen would be an easy target unless they hid her and made several boats that had screen so that assassins wouldn't know where to strike) and that was brilliant story development because now Erin can show what she can really do.
I was most impressed by Kiriku's attitude though, he didn't spill the beans about Erin and didn't lie to Esal. And even though it was very probable that the prince would eventually find out about her he stayed silent. It is slightly possible that he did tell the prince but he didn't believe or that he didn't tell him because he was afraid he would be ridiculed. I highly doubt it thoug, otherwise I'm sure that the first thing Daimiya would do would be to rush to see Erin for himself.
I also hope that Erin won't agree to go to Lazalm no matter what. It would be better if she escaped and freed Lilan, Eku and Aru.
Oh, and one more thing. I just love the scene where Ial says Erin's name and vice-versa. As a rule I don't like any romantic situations. Blushing, longing and sighing while saying the name of a lover... Here it is as subtle as it can get, just plain glance at the person of interest and saying his name without special intonation. Superb.

All in all this episode was purely awesome.
Oct 5, 2009 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
Ugh, the queen was definitely irritating this episode. Dahmiyah kept egging her on too, probably just to be a jerk (in regards to getting close to the Ohju). Then the bastard had to go and threaten/seduce Erin....though I'm of the opinion the seduction was just an attempt to explain away his interest in her.
I too am interested in Kiriku's actions/attitude. Who is he actually working for? =\

Awesome ep! Can't wait for the next...
Oct 6, 2009 7:59 PM

Nov 2008
wakka9ca said:
However, what Erin is doing could possibly lead to a repeat of the tragedy. I really hope she can figure out a way to prevent that from happening.

1) And FAIL seducing from Damiya. Iaru doesn't look too happy, does he?

It's wonderful to raise Oujuu freely. However, some humans will abuse that power. How to prevent that is something very hard to do.

1) XD, ya
Oct 15, 2009 11:32 AM

Aug 2008
Great episode. But I can't believe that the Queen is so ignorant. She's almost like a child, the way she was looking at her country as though she's been insulated by the court. I guess she's never really stepped foot outside of palace grounds, but what does she do that she has no clue about the history of her kingdom? Is she even aware of the circumstances concerning herself and the country?

That said, Erin was foolish to have interjected herself into the situation, and I also feel like Esal should have done more to prevent the Queen from getting closer. Furthermore, I wonder why if the Queen is unaware of the reason behind the Imperatives, why Esal was deemed so special to know.

Very interesting developments. I'm starting to get a little worried that the show won't conclude by the end of the year.
Oct 15, 2009 3:02 PM

Mar 2007
noteDhero said:
Furthermore, I wonder why if the Queen is unaware of the reason behind the Imperatives, why Esal was deemed so special to know.

Really, only the Mist People are the ones spreading that story, and as you just said a moment ago, we seem to understand that the Queen is sheltered. She probably has never seen any of them except Erin, herself.

TBH, it seems like the Queen's position over time was simply played into the politics of the country.

Perhaps Je felt too pained to tell her descendants the true reason behind the Imperatives as she wrote them, and preferred them to just live out life simply believing in the legend, much as the people did. It's hard to say right now...

I am getting a bit more interested now that the series is picking up. Seems like it took an awful long time to get here, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.
~Shade and sweet water~
Group Lead of Otenba -- Quality Check Lead of Static-Subs
Oct 22, 2009 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
Oh wow, the queen doesn't know reason behind the imperatives? She doesn't seem to know much about her country either...
Oct 24, 2009 9:47 PM

Feb 2009
Oh hell, if I was Erin I would let her get splat, but then again she was protecting Lelan and her family by doing so.
Sep 10, 2011 6:42 PM

Sep 2008
I thought the narration in the beginning was just describing how captivated the Queen was with the countryside and all the people... but no, she really was looking at everything with childlike eyes. She's such a child herself. Immature, inexperienced, ignorant, and stupid. And clueless. She really was annoying in this episode.

Nevertheless, it was a fantastic episode in terms of story development and everything. Ial looked interested in Erin, or at least seemed interested in her safety, so hopefully there's something there... :D Something to look forward to, I mean. Either a friendship or some sort of alliance between them; just a general joining of forces when the times get tough (and I've no doubt they will, before this series is over).

I'm dreading finding out what Damiya has up his sleeve, but dying to know as well. Can't wait to see what he and Kilik will try to pull. What are they plotting...? Hmm...
Apr 12, 2012 8:04 AM
Aug 2010
The Queen's ignorance... I'm starting to feel the Juuni Kokuki-ish vibes here.

Jun 8, 2012 12:26 PM

May 2010
The Queen has no common sense, even for her age.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 10, 2012 9:50 PM

Apr 2011
The queen is so clueless and oblivious to everything, specially her own safety...

lol@ the prince hitting on Erin.
Confucius said:
The Queen has no common sense, even for her age.
Alzheimer Disease
Mar 10, 2013 10:14 PM
Jan 2013
I think Damiyah was trying to get her killed.
It's no wonder the queen is clueless. She's never faced adversity in the royal city.

I think it would be fairly easy for the People of the Mist to prevent the raising of Ohju on a large scale. Look at what they did to the Tohda breeding program.

I'm surprised they haven't done anything about Erin's breeding program.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Oct 18, 2013 8:29 PM
Aug 2011
Such an unlikable cast of characters.

and looooooooool telling Erin to not show up no matter what and the second no one is looking she's already standing there behind everyone.
Dec 20, 2013 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
I'm not surprised that the Queen is just a figurehead. And ugh, I knew Erin would make herself known as soon as Ezal told her to do otherwise... she's just that kind of person.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 19, 2014 12:05 AM

Apr 2012
The queen has good intentions but is completely ignorant of her ancestor's history and quite oblivious to the outside world in general. Like the narration said she is like a child. She is sheltered beyond belief. It is no surprise she has no real power.

Mar 24, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2012
Very interesting words from the Queen! Pretty nice episode, slow but steady!
Jun 23, 2014 9:16 PM

Aug 2013
What the heck was Erin doing standing with the other teachers outside? I thought she was told not to show herself XD

The queen's surrounded by yes mans so I'm not surprised she's so ignorant about so many things. I expected her to be smarter though :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 16, 2014 11:14 PM

Nov 2009
I knew the queen's visit would be bad news . . . Especially with Damiya now aware of this, I'm sure he is going to try and militarize beast lords, he probably would love to be able to get rid of the Touda. Wouldn't it be ironic when he finds out that is exactly how his ancestors were nearly wiped out.
Jul 2, 2015 3:48 PM

Jul 2008
Boy even the queen is naive. She's the ruler she should know everything about the rules but no...and now we get the assassination attempt next episode.

Shit hits the fan next.
Mar 17, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2011
Only halfway through the episode, and I couldn't take no more of the stupidity that this show brings.

"Stop, don't go any closer, it's dangerous"
"It's fine, just a little closer"
*Queen listens, and walks closer.
Me: Since when the hell was the Queen this damn brainless? All this forced development, which would have been perfectly fine if they weren't lazy with the writing, just so that Erin would come out and show herself in front of everyone, while showing off her skills at taming the beast lords.

The writing has been really subpar since the halfway point. The previous episode with the cheesy development for that one random kid, and the info dump episode with the Overseer of the Mist and Erin was also underwhelming.

Good lord, the first half was really promising. What happened?

*Back to watching the episode. Hopefully I won't die from cringing so much for the rest of the series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 18, 2016 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good, but I kinda agree that the characters were kinda stupid here, especially the queen. At least the suspense is nice.
Dec 16, 2016 10:39 PM

Feb 2016
I agree with one of the comments, a very juuni kokuki vibe here.

This was the one thing I could never stand about east asian politics (china, japan). How the hell did so much power or luxury that was never earned sit in the lap of the monarchs? Weak, ignorant, nothing but a well behaved albeit revered doll! Well at the least the Japanese ones knew their place as symbolic and should not bite the hand that feeds them. The Chinese were dangerously spoilt, I wouldn't want to work with them even with the pay.

The one thing that always mesmerised me about European history and to some degree Middle Eastern (Ottoman, Persian etc) is the fact the king is willing to step on the battlefield, even get killed (Rodric, Martel[defacto], Harold, Napoleon, Richard, Gustavus). That earned my respect that they are willing to pay the iron price for the power and wealth they have.

Rarely can you say the same for Chinese and Japanese emperors, which is why despite what a colossal ass Zhu Di was, his courage and his ambition still earned my respect.
Cloud_IllusionDec 16, 2016 10:49 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Aug 23, 2018 9:39 AM

Sep 2011
The Queen was impressed with her own country, I guess she really doesn't go out much, being a symbol and all, but that's sad... The Grand Duke was also rubbed the wrong way by not being told about her little trip. Then Esal tries once again to hide Erin, for her own good of course. A bit later Ial gets first to Kazalm so he can inspect it, and he doesn't trust Kiriku, showing he has an eye to judge, and also because he feels like he knows him, but he doesn't know from where, I can't wait for him to recognize the villain.

And then Erin and Ial see each other, it was a brief, but cute scene. I wonder if Kyle noticed her. And I just knew things would get out of control when the Queen tried to approach the Beast-Lords too much, it was just a really bad idea that showed how naive she was, and Esal tried to warn her too, but Damiya was like "Lmao, let her see them up close, so if she dies I can get rid of her sooner than expected, and even blame you for it." I can't stand his attitude.

But well, of couse Lilan and Eku would get defensive of their child, and Erin just wouldn't let them use the mute whistle on them, so she jumped in to prevent a tragedy, it was necessary because she doesn't want to see them hurt or subjugated like this. And I expected Tomura and Esal to listen to her, but I was impressed that even with the Queen's life on the line the others teachers just stopped and didn't use it either because she asked, she's really respected! But now Erin's existence, and what she's capable of doing, her bond with the Beast-Lords is at last out in the open, I found Damiya's bewilderment funny, but it was nice to see Ial impressed. I mean, everyone was with their jaws dropped open.

And then at last we got our confirmation that Damiya is the embodiment of the poison that is eroding the country. Damiya even left a flower just like that one on the table as he went outside, so even a kid would be able to grasp it. I wonder if he was mad at Kiriku for not telling him about Erin, but well, he didn't waste any time into harassing her. But just like she did when it was Kiriku, she stood her ground! It has to be a pain, dealing with Damiya, he's the nephew of the Queen, and if there were no witnesses his word would be the last one. So I'm really glad Ial, Esal, and the Queen saw that facet of his, and that she reprimanded him! But now even the Queen wants to take Erin and her Beast-Lords to Lazal, and I was on the fence at first, Kazalm was her home for a long time now, and she would be far away of Esal, and Tomura, and stuff, but at the same time I think it would be great if she could be closer to Ial, and maybe even become a friend of Seimiya, and why not of the Queen herself! But I don't know, let's see what happens.

The Queen seems like a really good lady though! She seems to care enough about the Beast-Lords, disliking the mute whistle and stuff, and I don't know if it's only a facade and she just wants their power even knowing the history behind her country, or if she's oblivious to it and just likes the beasts, and wants the ones in captivity to be as happy as possible. But this was a serious development for sure! Nason might be having a heart attack by now. lol And it even made Erin anxious, but okay, things are going to get even better!
May 28, 2019 11:57 PM

Oct 2012
The Duke is really clever with his words
She almost died, you know
I guess she's too excited to see baby Ouju

The Queen is supportive about this no mute whistle
But not sure about the people in the capital
Rayl1ghtMay 29, 2019 12:09 AM
"Signature removed"
Nov 8, 2019 11:53 AM

Oct 2015
That was a close call for Erin, otherwise if the queen was ruthless, she Would've been a goner. Damiya coming onto her was sickening in a way, thank goodness for that Queen's save. The queen seems like a compassionate person, I think it's only the people and past customaries that are hindering her rule.

That was a nice episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 17, 2020 11:45 AM

Jul 2016
as much as how nice it is that lilan is now a mother, judging from the opening i had assumed that there would be action, fighting, uproars, and erin would be flying the free skies to the areas of conflict with lilan... but with only 12 episodes left, and the issue of eku and owl, i doubt that will happen anymore. what a shame
Apr 11, 2020 4:59 AM
Feb 2018
I swear Erin doesn't even care about what could actually happen.

Oh no the baby could feel dizzy so no whistling and i gotta fuck up everything by revealing all of it????

It shows again that Erin can still be very selfish and immature. She still can't see the bigger picture that the misty guy told her.

If it was between the life of a beastlord and a person, she would choose the beastlord. 100%

For example: What happened to Harambe was because of a stupid mom and kid. But the officers in the park had no other alternative other than to do that. A person's life should always be above the life of an animal. That's it.

I feel Erin will never learn that statement. Maybe if her mom had never died, it could have been different.
Apr 18, 2020 8:14 PM

Feb 2014
Awwww I can't get over how CUTE Owl is!!!

I'm glad that the queen also doesn't like mute whistles. She's always come off as someone who's pretty understanding

Damiya and Kiriku are in kahoots with each other. No surprise that the two of them are in it together, they've both been HELLA SKETCH since they first came in. Also when Damiya went outside “because of the alcohol” he put his flower on the table, which looked like the same flower Kiriku received in that package a few episodes ago and I was like “OH SHIT”

DAMN LOOKS LIKE
NEXT EPISODE O.O
Noodle070Apr 18, 2020 9:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2020 4:01 PM

Mar 2016
Erin exposed herself and will have more than a couple of eyes on her starting with Damiya, straight asking her to move to the capital of the kingdom, obviously more will try to reach her either for work with more beasts or to teach soldiers, which is even more dangerous. I know Erin loves Lilan, Eku and the baby but for once she would stay back and let them use the whistle.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 14, 2022 1:54 PM

Jan 2010
If Erin was supposed to stay hidden, why was she standing with all the other teachers when the Queen visited the beast-lords? Why didn't they just keep Erin hidden in Esal's office or something? Why didn't the other teachers stop Erin from getting so close to the Queen? Why was Erin allowed to bring her harp along? Why didn't the Queen's attendants stop the Queen from getting closer to Lilan? Was the Queen somehow not aware that it's dangerous to get close? Did she honestly think the beast-lords were docile, and that she would be safe getting close? Does the Queen not have any method of communicating or controlling beast-lords? Did Je not pass down any knowledge for controlling beast-lords through her family line? Is the title of Queen really just in-name only, and there's no known method of controlling beast-lords within the royal circles?

I think this episode existed to force Erin and the Queen to meet, as well as getting Damiya interested in Erin, regardless of how clumsy it all was. Seriously, this episode boggles my mind.
Nov 1, 2022 11:56 PM

Dec 2018
so far this episode is the only one I find to have a disappointing execution.
Oct 21, 2023 3:20 PM

Jan 2021
I was a big ball of stress for most of this episode lol. Got so mad at Kiriku when it was officially proven that Damiya is his master. Also, it definitely feels like Damiya is actively putting the Queen in danger of death. Other than that, I think the purpose of this episode was to really lock into place the extent of the Queen’s naivete. I liked the line of her having the eyes of a child. She’s like a child in so many ways in her lack of understanding. I love the dichotomy there, of how she perceives the world vs her motherly way of speaking and commanding attention. Just works well. This next ep should be wild....
CalmTeaTimeOct 21, 2023 3:23 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

goral - Dec 26, 2009

119 by Beguni »»
Sep 15, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 36 Discussion

wakka9ca - Sep 20, 2009

26 by Rob7 »»
Nov 15, 2023 4:58 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 42 Discussion

DeathfireD - Nov 1, 2009

31 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 41 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 25, 2009

37 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Kemono no Souja Erin Episode 40 Discussion

wakka9ca - Oct 17, 2009

39 by CalmTeaTime »»
Oct 21, 2023 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.