Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2007 12:03 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, it was an alright episode. I really didn't like them flipping back and forth between the different fights, but being that this is a filler arc, I suppose they can't spend to much time on one fight. All these bad guys are really annoying!

Well, next episode should be pretty interesting.
Nov 13, 2007 2:40 PM
Sep 2007
Same didn't like that to,I was hoping the fight would be a little more action packed. I really hope the fights won't be like this each ep, doing the split thing. I rather they be one fight.
Hi
Nov 13, 2007 8:06 PM

Sep 2007
That didn't bother me much... These aren't like, Epic Luffy vs. Lucchi fights; they can't last too long anyway, and it's nice to see at least a little bit of all the characters. What bothers me is that Luffy's Gattling missed. I mean, I can see the Gomu Gomu no Pistol missing. This guy's obviously fast, despite being kind of huge. But how on earth was he dodging each individual punch in Luffy's Gattling? Pretty cheap plot devise if you ask me...

But One Piece, filler or not, is One Piece, and I do love the One Piece. I'm not complaining.
Nov 13, 2007 10:59 PM

Oct 2007
the arc is ok

Nov 14, 2007 7:52 AM

May 2007
one piece still owns naruto and bleach.
Nov 14, 2007 4:33 PM

May 2007
The episode was ok, I mean it's a filler arc and everything so I'm not complaining. ^^ Btw, I liked how Zoro got lost and ended up being in the Lovely Land castle, lol XD It's so like him! XP
Nami and Franky stuck in the submarine was also pretty funny :3

Nov 17, 2007 6:04 AM
Sep 2007
Filler arc's always make the main guys look real weak.
Hi
Nov 18, 2007 2:49 PM

Jun 2007
I rather liked this episode. Sanji and Usopp were funny as usual. And Lil+Robin are just sickingly cute ^^

I kinda wonder what the role of the Phoenix Pirates is gonna be. Might be fun to see the Mugiwara team up with a different crew for a while.
Nov 18, 2007 8:07 PM

Oct 2007
I was expecting chopper to get huge and punch the hell out of that guy, but he tryed to land a hit in regular mode? wth? Funny how all these bounty hunters are acting big then losing their advantage rather quickly before the crew even begins to get serious. Love how ussop finally hit that annoying couple, although I was expecting sanji to get mad at ussop too. Also I'd have to say that was the slowest Gatling I've ever seen. All in all it's getting fairly interesting, loved how Zoro just shows up in their house.
Dec 24, 2007 12:43 PM
Nov 2007
What i think of this episode... it was good because the fact is, it,s a filler. I like the fights and the way Zorro ends up lost. I also like the way how easely luffy get tricked. u cant go inside the castle because it´s a magic spell.

Luffys fight with the naked baloon was okey consider the situation. But i´m glad that they finally can leave lovley Island.
May 1, 2009 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
The only problem I really had with this episode was HOW THE HELL DID SANJI SURVIVE? Seriously. He took skates to the face. TWICE. He's not even damaged. It might as well have been a slap. Seriously.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
May 1, 2009 3:24 PM

Jun 2007
kevin_video said:
The only problem I really had with this episode was HOW THE HELL DID SANJI SURVIVE? Seriously. He took skates to the face. TWICE. He's not even damaged. It might as well have been a slap. Seriously.

Well he IS an Iron Chef.... ok that was a lame joke. But really, he's had MUCH worse, like getting Blasted with a thunderbolt multiple times in Skypea
Jan 30, 2010 7:06 PM

May 2008
sad that franky lost how sad

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 11, 2010 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
Pow right in the face. Well that couple pisses me off anyway. >_>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 3, 2010 5:41 PM

Jul 2009
Hawaiian420 said:

This.

What a bunch of annoying people (not the straw hat)

3/5
Jun 4, 2010 12:47 AM

Jul 2007
WoofSadaharu said:
Hawaiian420 said:

This.

3/5

Not all fillers are horrible. Don't just follow others and assume fillers are crap, some are actually good. Watch them with an open mind and you will see. The rainbow mist arc is one such filler that was pretty unique and interesting. An entire anime series could of been created off of that one arc.

Jun 4, 2010 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
link9us said:
WoofSadaharu said:
Hawaiian420 said:

This.

3/5

Not all fillers are horrible. Don't just follow others and assume fillers are crap, some are actually good. Watch them with an open mind and you will see. The rainbow mist arc is one such filler that was pretty unique and interesting. An entire anime series could of been created off of that one arc.

Actually, I didn't say the filler was bad. I only said the characters were annoying. :O The rainbow mist was amazing :D
Jun 4, 2010 1:33 PM

Feb 2009
WoofSadaharu said:
link9us said:
WoofSadaharu said:
Hawaiian420 said:

This.

3/5

Actually, I didn't say the filler was bad. I only said the characters were annoying. :O The rainbow mist was amazing :D

Guys you're missing the point here, the question is not whether fillers are bad or not, the question is "is the G8 ARC freakin brilliant and hilarious OR WHAT?"
Jun 4, 2010 1:54 PM

Apr 2009
^G8 was awesome... but this filler with Ice land was kinda average =)
Jun 4, 2010 3:46 PM

Jul 2009
Veethorn said:
WoofSadaharu said:
link9us said:
WoofSadaharu said:
Hawaiian420 said:

This.

3/5

Guys you're missing the point here, the question is not whether fillers are bad or not, the question is "is the G8 ARC freakin brilliant and hilarious OR WHAT?"

Oh you mean the Navarrone arc? (which I like to call it xD) this ice arc is nothing compared to that one :D
Aug 9, 2010 6:02 AM
Jul 2010
This is such an average filler arc, boring characters, crappy animation (imo) etc. I hope it ends quickly so I can see Thriller Bark.
Sep 13, 2010 5:14 AM

Feb 2009
Nothing over the top, but good episode. Usopp's head shot to the girl was the best moment!
Apr 8, 2011 5:22 AM

May 2010
Chopper was overly cute in this episode :-)
And zoro now has satellite navigations in finding the secret base LOLS

Last, confirmed.. all of strawhat's enemies are very annoying X(
Apr 24, 2011 5:12 PM

Jun 2009
Not that great an episode, the best part was definitely Usopp's sniper shot to that one woman's face. I laughed, I won't lie. I too wonder how Sanji can take a Ice Skate blade to the face, twice I might add, and not be injured in the slightest..
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 21, 2011 2:41 PM

Mar 2008
thats what always bothers me...
after having seen and knowing what everyone of the straw hat crew is capable of...its kinda disappointing and "embarassing" seeing them having such problems against these weaklings..

with luffys gear second etc.. you know how strong he really is..and could beat all of them up in 1 second, same with the ice blocks...
its the same with naruto, bleach etc..
after knowing how strong the characters are... its kinda stupid to see them fight so badly against these weaklings...
and that these weaklings even dare to go against a crew which has a bounty of over 600millions together...

and i also want to add that this whole "papa" gayshit is just creepy.......
that being said..i love one piece ! : )
Jan 31, 2012 8:51 AM

Jan 2012
i get how people feel about filler villains being weak yet somehow presenting trouble to the straw hats who've bested villains of way greater leagues. but the way i see it, a bit of struggle isn't unrealistic and doesn't undercut the power of the straw hats. if you look at the canon arcs, they aren't the smartest crew - every episode, every inch of the way, they get deterred or beat up from obstacles or being manipulated or tricked. the straw hats aren't powerful because they never lose and they always have the upper hand, so there's no reason to be infuriated and "LUFFY SHOULD HAVE KILLED EVERYONE IN 3 SECONDS WITH GEAR SECOND." the straw hats are powerful because even when they lose, they get up. they've always fought badly and done stupid things, losing to even the silliest beginning obstacles, like their money to the franky brothers - that's not a representation of the strength they have.

soooo yeah! the straw hats wouldn't be the straw hats if they plowed through everything with sneering superiority. they're still them, harassed and confused and a scrambling mess. :)
May 7, 2012 10:52 AM
Apr 2010
First time in a while I've hated a filler arc of any show this much..I think i'll skip this.
Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 23, 2012 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
Watching this it seems like everyone's taken a huge step backwards, which is depressing. Crappy filler arc as yet
Oct 27, 2012 2:26 PM

Mar 2010
Lol zoro, Getting franky and Nami trapped in the sub was smart.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 13, 2012 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
I sort of agree with neenalie here. One of the main points of this series is that the characters have to be in a specific mood to give their best. They just fell at the Ice Land, are lost and isolated from each other and don't know what the hell is going on.

Still, this is made a little over-the-top. Specially at Luffy's slow Gatling Gun and Franky's surprisingly dull fight. One way or the other, I thought it was a good episode, despite this and the annoying characters that form this Acchino Family (although the bitchy kid is somehow cool). I also laughed when Usopp hit the woman in the face. And at Nami: "-Do you know where is our flag? -Do I know? Could I know? -Okay thanks, goodbye".
Jul 31, 2013 10:08 PM

Apr 2012
an okay episode.
usopp's sniping is always so awesome to watch :) the face the boyfriend made was hilarious!
i wonder how nami and franky are gonna escape the submarine.
and i cant help but wonder why chopper isnt changing form. he could have used his strong form to beat the guy up or help pull luffy but he didnt....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2013 12:53 PM
Apr 2008
>missing with pistol
>missing with gattling gun (which seemed way too slow for some reason)
>missing with axe
>he moved Luffy's hand when he grabbed the boat

what the hell am i watching? This is the same crew that defeated Lucci and his crew not long ago, right? ...RIGHT?
Power juggling is lame...
Mar 23, 2014 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
zoro made this episode.

Walking past "papa's" room, just that moss hair passing by, made the episode for me. So Zoro... he'd get lost in his own house.
Jul 28, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2014
the only thing good about this episode was Usopp shooting that girl in the face and seeing Franky's intermission scene
Aug 1, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1

Sep 6, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
Great shot Usopp.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 17, 2016 12:57 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Shiken said:
I was expecting chopper to get huge and punch the hell out of that guy, but he tryed to land a hit in regular mode? wth?

yeha it was really .... not rational o.o

Jul 22, 2016 8:32 AM

Mar 2015
Highlight of this one has to be Usopp's Flame Star whacking the purple bitch in the face!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 6, 2018 3:18 AM

Jun 2016
People are definitely over-exaggerating. Earlier in this arc Luffy couldn't properly stop the guy from unhooking their ships because the cold messed with his elasticity slowing him down and making him lose control of his aim. Sure, it should have been like that in Drum Kingdom too. But. it doesn't change the fact that it's the case here. Further, Blend has shown himself to be very fast and good at dodging. Luffy missing his attacks due to the weather and Blend's great speed seem to make sense. His gattling was nerfed and I agree but other than that I don't see this fight being a huge nerf to Luffy. Someone even said he should use second gear? First of all, I think Luffy is very emotional and wouldn't even think of doing that unless he was pushed to the limit. Secondly, Luffy shouldn't kill himself internally and weaken himself into a state where he is forced to be out of action for awhile if he's fighting people he can beat without doing that.

Further, Usopp is not that strong physically and yet him and Sanji took attacks from the couple without so much as visible damage taken and Usopp got a powerful headshot taking one of them out of commission. Sanji's been too obsessed with the woman's beauty. I just wish we saw how Usopp snuck to high ground, they could have done a good joke along with that.

Franky had a fight where he tanked some damage and got slow because of it but again he wasn't even hurt. In reality he had a comedic fight where he easily won in a projectile war and did an incredible coup de vent tackle. He treated his opponent as such a weakling he went back to the submarine assuming he was out of business apologizing for taking so long and was tricked.

None of the fights are testing the Straw Hats in any serious sense of the word. To complain they've been nerfed here is fair, but I really think you guys are exaggerating. In the end Luffy would have won easily if he hadn't accepted Blend's surrendering.

I wonder if the shadowy faced henchman of Papa is Vigaro. It's so artificial how they cover his face at all times and why else would it be hiding someone we've never seen before? I'm probably wrong since it seemed like the shape was not the same as Vigaro and he had facial hair if I recall, whereas Vigaro didn't. Also, I saw the preview before I had this thought and the preview seems to suggest otherwise.

Usopp's winter outfit is excellent.
Jan 31, 2020 4:54 PM
Jan 2020
Kamapuaa said:

I know right. They get nerfed to move the plot along and put them in a disadvantage.
Jun 16, 2020 9:13 AM

May 2016
Nami and Franky got captured but if it means having them go to Lovely Land without much hassle, that's probably a good thing. Zoro's already there and it looks like Robin is on her way too anyway.

Usopp just Flame-Shotting that thot's face was priceless.

Sep 12, 2020 3:11 PM

May 2017
Theres something that bother me , while they fight sanji et usdop , i could see the girl underwear being red/pink , but on the preview of the next ep they are blue...it was in the same fight

so either the animating studio dont care about the most important thing on anime or...they censored the part where she change her underwear 🤔

For who ever wondering why sanji isnt bleeding or something , well its easy , after so many fight the body get stronger , skin get harder
Its quite the same than thoses ppl in real life that work with their hands all day
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

May 22, 2021 7:54 AM

Jun 2019
Once again... That couple annoys me.
Nov 19, 2022 7:34 AM

Jun 2017
Gotta admire Robin's patience with that brat! I sure don't have one when it comes to kids.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 20, 2023 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
Ngl their fighting style is kinda unique, even though they are annoying as hell.

But still entertaining to watch.

davidyodo24May 20, 2023 9:04 PM
Jun 30, 2023 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
Puzzle is an interesting character, he shows us common personality traits among people who traverse the Grand Line. Crocodile said that stubborn novices come to the Grand Line all the time with the dream of becoming king of the pirates before losing the desire. This is the exact same thing. It’s interesting to see how someone so determined can have their dreams shattered and their will crushed, this is just another example of the Straw Hats strength.
Jul 16, 2023 4:29 AM

Oct 2019
Robin playing with Lil is kind of adorable :3
Aug 2, 2023 12:12 AM

Mar 2017
Ussop sniping that ice skates biatch was satisfying. Sanji missed an opportunity to take out the bloke, but I guess he did just take ice skates to the face twice.

Yep, all these new antagonists are super annoying. Even that smug kid imo. Can’t wait until this arc is resolved.
Oct 13, 2023 2:35 AM
Aug 2018
Comon Why you do this? Atleast show them Upto their real capabilities same as in canon Even if its filler,its Sad to see the gatling which took out the Lucci is Abused like this in fillers, Like dude they fought people like this in east blue bro, Even belami seems stronger then the villains And that "100Million" phoenix,They defeated Crocodile, cp9 and many stronger guys and here they Fighting like clowns. Like Ok if you don't make sense But don't make it complete nonsense at the very least!! I would love to see the fillers of one piece if they don't even include fights at all! Its less frustrating and more fun that way....what about those who don't know this was fillers? They'll feel like Its like The story is written by different peoples, messing up the scales🤣🤣🤣😩
Saiaku27Oct 13, 2023 2:39 AM
Jun 28, 9:14 AM
Dec 2023
Stuff happened. Yeah

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 407 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 27, 2009

57 by KoniginElle »»
18 minutes ago

» What episode was one piece on when you were born? ( 1 2 3 )

Zakatsuki_ - Sep 15

138 by El-Melloi »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 702 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Jul 18, 2015

81 by GT1Studios »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 956 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Dec 26, 2020

81 by MrGthBauglir »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 700 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lolipauly - Jul 4, 2015

88 by GT1Studios »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.