Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 24, 1:55 PM

Jul 2017
Its more on the romance side then the comedy but this is like one of the only tolarable romance shows apart from horimiya

And shoujo stuff i guess cuz those don't count
Jul 24, 2:17 PM
Dec 2018
Kitsune_089 said:
Its more on the romance side then the comedy but this is like one of the only tolarable romance shows apart from horimiya

And shoujo stuff i guess cuz those don't count

Yeah the romance really hits the target.

I just hope child p*** enjoyers won't flame and down rate the anime only because they could see Alya's underwear only in episode 1
Jul 24, 2:20 PM
Jan 2024
kaguya is way better and it's not even close imo
Jul 24, 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
The three shows (Russia-go, comedy Kaguya and serious Kaguya) are all completely different. Russia-go and comedy Kaguya are way better than serious Kaguya.
Jul 24, 2:59 PM
Dec 2018
Youssef1312 said:

agreed. kaguya-sama for me has always been between 8 and 9 since the first season. This show is very different. The first ep was a 7, pretty ok. the second one was very funny, so maybe an 8, the third one I thought fell a little and went in a very predictable direction. I believe that in the end it will be a good anime, but nothing more than that.
Jul 24, 3:20 PM

Jan 2024
Nothing comes close Love is War nothing ever will be.
Horimiya is very good too.
This is too early to put it on same level it's not best romcom this season (imo). But it has very similar vibes to Love is war with the whole student council thing
Jul 24, 3:32 PM

Jul 2022
Youssef1312 said:

Yeah, this Kaguya-sama vs Roshidere thing isn't fair at all lol
Jul 24, 3:49 PM

Feb 2021
Kaguya-sama can get quite repetitive sometimes, and the comedy doesn't always land imo
Jul 24, 4:08 PM
Nov 2023
Kaguya’s humour centred on the 3rd party narration and a series of schemes and counter schemes. It was pure genius.
Alya is more direct with inner monologues and on-the-fly cleverness. Also excellent so far.
I couldn’t choose a favourite when one is only 4 episodes old, ask me after a few more seasons…
But I suppose I feel the same at this point.
Jul 24, 4:09 PM
Jan 2020
i just finished binge watching all 3 seasons of kaguya sama and now im starting to watch this!!! hope it is as good ☺️☺️☺️
Jul 24, 4:10 PM
Jan 2020

BUNNY GIRL MENTIONED 🗣🗣🗣🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 WTF IS A FUKASHIGI NO KARTE🗣🗣🗣🗣🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jul 24, 4:26 PM

Jul 2023
Nah, unfair comparison. I’d compare Kaguya to Clannad: After Story, but not Alya. It’s a good series, but the gap between Alya and Kaguya is pretty big lmao.
It'll all be okay in the end. If you're not okay, it's not the end.
Jul 24, 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
For some people, like me, comparing any show to Kaguya-sama anime can be seen as thrashing the compared series, kekw. Rude.

Anyway, in my opinion, so far Roshidere has represented better balance of humor, cutesy and romance than Kaguya-sama in its first episodes, but it's all the matter of one's preference, of course.
Jul 24, 4:55 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to Adnash
For some people, like me, comparing any show to Kaguya-sama anime can be seen as thrashing the compared series, kekw. Rude.

Anyway, in my opinion, so far Roshidere has represented better balance of humor, cutesy and romance than Kaguya-sama in its first episodes, but it's all the matter of one's preference, of course.
@Adnash They are 2 different shows, so it isn't really fair to compare them. For me though, what really set Kaguya-sama apart was the Dub. Ian Sinclair as the Narrator took it from enjoyable to HELP! I NEED O2 NOW hysterical! The Sub guy was a bit dry. A few of the jokes didn't land at all for me, like "Kei was in her rebellious Phase." Meh. Versus "She's a Mother Flippin' Tsundere!" ROFLMAO Anyway this show has it's own humor unique to it. Though today felt like they might have been going for a bit of melodrama in the first half.
Jul 24, 7:41 PM

Jul 2021
The recency bias is crazy with this one lol. First 2 ep were decent, but ep 3 was one of the most boring ep, I have seen recently. Almost felt like I was watching Shikimori ep, which is the most bland and dull rom com anime. Ep 4 was also not that good. Although it is light novel adaptation but the ep 3 and 4 dialogues and character writing are the weakest point of this anime so far. After watching ep 4 it is pretty clear that Alya can't carry the ep alone anymore, the series needs more involvement of the side characters like ep 2.

If you ignore the part that Alya is presented as really cute anime girl( which is the reason most the people are watching the series right now) Alya as a character is so boring. Usually the flashback episodes helps to flesh out character, we feel more attach and sympathy for the character but in the case of Alya it was opposite because the flashback was so boring and cheap. The series will get more and more annoying, if they continue to use the flashback in the upcomming episodes.
Jul 24, 8:15 PM
Nov 2020
For the people who have read the novel, is this anime a harem? Or a love triangle? I see a lot of girls on the cover pic.

Unless it's an all-female cast, usually, many girls on the cover pic means the series is just your run the mill harem or a love triangle garbo slop.

Jul 24, 8:22 PM
Nov 2020
Nevermind, I just heard it's a love triangle

Judging anime by their cover has never proved me wrong lmao. I was right to be doubtful and not touch this shit
Jul 25, 12:42 AM
Aug 2021
Hell no it isn't bro 💀
Jul 25, 1:09 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to FANCYLlAMA05

BUNNY GIRL MENTIONED 🗣🗣🗣🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 WTF IS A FUKASHIGI NO KARTE🗣🗣🗣🗣🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

It's the thing that comes some time after the KIMI NO SEI
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 25, 5:11 AM

Jul 2017
The_Keyman-1 said:
The recency bias is crazy with this one lol. First 2 ep were decent, but ep 3 was one of the most boring ep, I have seen recently. Almost felt like I was watching Shikimori ep, which is the most bland and dull rom com anime. Ep 4 was also not that good. Although it is light novel adaptation but the ep 3 and 4 dialogues and character writing are the weakest point of this anime so far. After watching ep 4 it is pretty clear that Alya can't carry the ep alone anymore, the series needs more involvement of the side characters like ep 2.

If you ignore the part that Alya is presented as really cute anime girl( which is the reason most the people are watching the series right now) Alya as a character is so boring. Usually the flashback episodes helps to flesh out character, we feel more attach and sympathy for the character but in the case of Alya it was opposite because the flashback was so boring and cheap. The series will get more and more annoying, if they continue to use the flashback in the upcomming episodes.

Mentioning shikimori and alya together 🤮
That show is utter garbage
Jul 25, 5:41 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to grumpy_wolf
For the people who have read the novel, is this anime a harem? Or a love triangle? I see a lot of girls on the cover pic.

Unless it's an all-female cast, usually, many girls on the cover pic means the series is just your run the mill harem or a love triangle garbo slop.

@grumpy_wolf It's neither.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖼𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗏𝗈𝗋.” – 𝖤𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗇𝗈𝗋 𝖱𝗈𝗈𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗅𝗍
Jul 25, 6:52 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Youssef1312
@Youssef1312 It is not fair to compare both, for starters, people have YET to see the best parts of Roshidere, the drama will go up a lot.

Sure the comedy isn't as good as Kaguya, but it is almost as good, the anime is only at the start, I have read till volume 6, and since volume 3, almost one volume per day, because the LN is that good, it just got better and better.

The first two volumes are arguably the weakest, when more characters get the spotlight and people start to understand the MC better, this will be an insane engaging romcom.

The highs of volume 3 and volume 6 are PEAK, and volume 4 has to be one of the most funny shits I ever read.
I do prefer people to underestimate this series, I did do, it just makes the surprises all the better.

grumpy_wolf said:

Judging anime by their cover has never proved me wrong lmao. I was right to be doubtful and not touch this shit

This is definitely not an harem, while other girls might have feelings for the MC, it is mostly well addressed, and he will end with Alisa.
If you want a romantic anime to have a strong pair to ship, you are not going wrong with this, and I have seen spoilers up to volume 8, Masachika will end with Alisa by the end.
This will never be a wicest, and he will never go for Masha.
Dont skip this because you think it is a harem, you wont get that feeling from this after S1 ends, it would be a waste to skip such a quality romcom, that will also go to lengths to make you care for the character and be emotionally invested.
PlaycoolJul 25, 6:57 AM
Jul 25, 6:55 AM

Sep 2018
Kaguya is far better for its lack of drama by comparison to this series, but roshidere is ok so far.
Jul 25, 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
First two episodes I would have agreed that it rivals Kaguya-sama, episode 3 fell a bit off though. We'll have to see after it concludes.
Jul 25, 12:53 PM

Jan 2021
>This is almost on the level of kaguya sama
So, it is bad? Understood
Jul 26, 10:24 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to The_Keyman-1

@The_Keyman-1
Well, recency bias is always a thing and every anime gets it. I think romance/romcoms are hit even harder with recency biases because some peoples experience with the romance genre might be recent due to meteoric popularity what was kaguya. So, while I think this is a par for the course romcom, others might not have seen the 100s of other romance anime out and watch this and being wowed since its different take on a romcom compared to kaguya.
Jul 27, 3:34 AM
Jun 2021
Kaguya is way better than Roshidere. Especially when only 4 episodes are out.
Jul 27, 4:46 AM
Apr 2019
No, this show is okay but nothing special, Kaguya is two levels ahead.
Jul 27, 6:28 AM
Jun 2023
Nah kaguya sama better and it's not even close also wdym it's the only tolerable show apart from horimiya?
Bro You need to watch more show, both roshidere & horimiya is average and there's a lot of romance show that's better than these 2
Jul 27, 6:46 AM

Dec 2019
Bit of an overreaction only what 4 ep in? Aint even a fan of Kaguya but not like this show's done much to establish itself as a long-term good romance story so early on.
Jul 27, 7:01 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to MangagnaM
Bit of an overreaction only what 4 ep in? Aint even a fan of Kaguya but not like this show's done much to establish itself as a long-term good romance story so early on.
@MangagnaM Just wait till the end of season.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖼𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗏𝗈𝗋.” – 𝖤𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗇𝗈𝗋 𝖱𝗈𝗈𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗅𝗍
Jul 29, 7:21 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Playcool
@Youssef1312 It is not fair to compare both, for starters, people have YET to see the best parts of Roshidere, the drama will go up a lot.

Sure the comedy isn't as good as Kaguya, but it is almost as good, the anime is only at the start, I have read till volume 6, and since volume 3, almost one volume per day, because the LN is that good, it just got better and better.

The first two volumes are arguably the weakest, when more characters get the spotlight and people start to understand the MC better, this will be an insane engaging romcom.

The highs of volume 3 and volume 6 are PEAK, and volume 4 has to be one of the most funny shits I ever read.
I do prefer people to underestimate this series, I did do, it just makes the surprises all the better.

grumpy_wolf said:

This is definitely not an harem, while other girls might have feelings for the MC, it is mostly well addressed, and he will end with Alisa.
If you want a romantic anime to have a strong pair to ship, you are not going wrong with this, and I have seen spoilers up to volume 8, Masachika will end with Alisa by the end.
This will never be a wicest, and he will never go for Masha.
Dont skip this because you think it is a harem, you wont get that feeling from this after S1 ends, it would be a waste to skip such a quality romcom, that will also go to lengths to make you care for the character and be emotionally invested.
@Playcool i appreciate taking the time to write all that but I'll pass

In my books, love triangles are just as bad as harems and sometimes even more annoying due to the drama and melodrama that will most certainly come up in the future.
Jul 29, 10:03 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to grumpy_wolf

In my books, love triangles are just as bad as harems and sometimes even more annoying due to the drama and melodrama that will most certainly come up in the future.
grumpy_wolf said:

It ain't a love triangle, though.
Jul 30, 7:46 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to grumpy_wolf

@grumpy_wolf Exactly what the user below me is saying, this is not a love triangle, and you only lose on not giving it a go.
Jul 30, 8:22 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Playcool
@grumpy_wolf Exactly what the user below me is saying, this is not a love triangle, and you only lose on not giving it a go.
@Playcool I love Roshidere to death. Just thinking about the characters, listening to the OP fills me with otherworldly happiness that is too great to put it into words.
aurora_yuukiJul 30, 8:26 AM

More topics from this board

» Opening has Your Lie in April references?

griddyweeb - 3 hours ago

11 by DragyG »»
2 hours ago

» It’s not the same 😔

Ayther - 4 hours ago

13 by OtakuKun1 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Aug 28

289 by Barrycade »»
2 hours ago

» What kinda shit is this

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Yesterday

48 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aversa - Jul 24

234 by Bringerof_D »»
3 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.