Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
I don't unless I like the person or it is a comment on a question I asked...
Jun 18, 7:56 AM

Apr 2021
No, i just read a line or two and guess everything else.

[My guesses are correct]
Jun 18, 7:56 AM

Sep 2016
I usually skip them because from experience I know that most aren't worth the time to read them.

But occasionally I read a few, depending on the topic, who wrote the post and how it starts.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 18, 8:04 AM

Dec 2021
If they aren't undigestible superparagraphs, or aren't a fucking light novel disguised as a forum post, then usually. If they are though, then nope. I take posts that are too long, and brutally force-feed Google Gemini the entire post, turn off all the safeties so it can't say "I don't wanna", and have it distill it down to something that won't lull me to sleep. :)

I'll let you decide what it says under that censor bar.
Daviljoe193Jun 18, 9:12 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jun 18, 8:05 AM

Feb 2024
Yes, if it fits my mobile screen. Hate scrolling, and this reply-to feature with the whole post quote MAL uses by default is annoying as hell.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jun 18, 8:29 AM

Dec 2015
As long as it is interesting which is maybe a small % of long threads. Otherwise I skip/ignore them, same with short threads.
Jun 18, 8:31 AM

Feb 2020
Depends, but usually not. I don't like to read novels here.
Jun 18, 8:33 AM
Sep 2013
If the post seems interesting.

I'm not reading some idiot's essay just for him to say something like "Why is this anime popular :((((((((("
Jun 18, 8:59 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I generally read the OP's post. And I skim through a few interesting comments in a thread, before I decide to make my own post. I hope that answers your question.
Jun 18, 9:05 AM

Feb 2020
If I count own posts then yeah, as usually there's dozens of typos.

If it's anyone else, maybe/maybe not? depends on the post.
Jun 18, 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Little_Sheepling
If I count own posts then yeah, as usually there's dozens of typos.

If it's anyone else, maybe/maybe not? depends on the post.
@Loyal_Sheepling well it is best to proof-read your posts. To avoid typos.
Jun 18, 10:21 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Depends. If it's a series I like then I might read what someone has posted when I'm bored and not doing anything else.
Now I'm honestly more annoyed at users without even a forum picture or whatever it's called, creates a post without adding spoiler warning and episode in the headlines. Wondering why those without incomplete profiles and no anime or manga in their list is allowed to create a post when everyone just calls them baiters anyway.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jun 18, 10:46 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Loyal_Sheepling well it is best to proof-read your posts. To avoid typos.
@DesuMaiden I do, every time before I post, but I still find some afterwards.
Jun 18, 10:47 AM

Mar 2020
Long posts are either walls of text involving the most stupidest arguments you'll frequently see on this site or an actual passionate literary masterpiece dissecting the series they're talking about. Unfortunately a majority of them are the former rather than the latter...
Jun 18, 12:08 PM

Oct 2009
Depends on the poster and the general topic of the thread. The other issue is how well the post is constructed and if there are paragraphs to aid reading. I can normally read longer posts but the thing that stops me is when I see a long exchange where two (or more) posters start stringing long rebuttals against each other. If I see multiple long posts, one after the other, I normally switch of unless, in the rare case, both posters are making compelling arguments which is rather rare.

TL; DR: Long posts in isolation generally yes, multiple long posts all in one thread generally no.
Jun 18, 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
I read the OP's post. And then I make a quick reply. Usually.
Jun 18, 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
Most of the long posts I read are my own. It's the smug thing to do.
Jun 18, 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to SmugSatoko
Most of the long posts I read are my own. It's the smug thing to do.
@SmugSatoko why would you read your own posts?
Jun 18, 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
DesuMaiden said:
why would you read your own posts?

You don't read your own posts? No wonder they contain so many errors. :P

Long posts can take hours to write. I (along with many others) often make edits to them after posting and reading them again, coming up with new ideas to add or correcting minor mistakes. Plus if I'm going to bother writing something so long, it only makes sense to read it properly once it's finished.
Jun 18, 1:12 PM
best user ever

May 2022
Yeah, I read most of them. But if it's a gigantic wall of text over 20 lines long, hell no. Maybe I'll skim through it a little bit to see the basic idea, but that's about it.
Jun 18, 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to karioka-
Yeah, I read most of them. But if it's a gigantic wall of text over 20 lines long, hell no. Maybe I'll skim through it a little bit to see the basic idea, but that's about it.
@-Fantastical- are my posts tl;dr ? Just asking.
Jun 18, 1:25 PM
best user ever

May 2022
Reply to DesuMaiden
@-Fantastical- are my posts tl;dr ? Just asking.
@DesuMaiden

Nah, I usually read your full posts without skim-reading or anything like that.
Jun 18, 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
-Fantastical- said:

"I read most long posts...but actually, I don't read long posts." XD

Some of my posts are over twenty pages long.
Jun 18, 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to karioka-
@DesuMaiden

Nah, I usually read your full posts without skim-reading or anything like that.
@-Fantastical- sorry for being mentally ill (if that is the impression you get from my posts). Btw I was sexually abused as a kid...which is still causing me serious mental issues many, many years after the abuse stopped. I will stop talking about this (coz I think this might violate the rules of this website).
Jun 18, 4:31 PM

Sep 2019
Nah, unless I'm really interested in the topic, which is rare, I don't want to hear any yapping.
Jun 18, 4:49 PM

May 2023
Nah. Don't be writing no essays, dog. Keep it short and simple. We used to give people shit about this on the chan too.
>implying we can discuss /a/ Anime & Manga
Jun 18, 5:21 PM

Oct 2022
I try to.

And Im aware I just write too long post. Im giving my best to compact all my messages
Jun 18, 7:23 PM

Jul 2013
How long is long? I tend to read posts that are interesting.
Jun 18, 8:04 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Daviljoe193
If they aren't undigestible superparagraphs, or aren't a fucking light novel disguised as a forum post, then usually. If they are though, then nope. I take posts that are too long, and brutally force-feed Google Gemini the entire post, turn off all the safeties so it can't say "I don't wanna", and have it distill it down to something that won't lull me to sleep. :)

I'll let you decide what it says under that censor bar.
@Daviljoe193 the drake meme fits perfectly with this
Jun 20, 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
i usually skim read those long posts i got bad attention span
Jun 20, 11:12 AM

Feb 2018
only from certain users that i think aren't just trolling
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 20, 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
i skim through them to see if they're worth a full read. usually not, but sometimes there are diamonds in the rough. like others though, i generally find that it kinda just depends on the user atp
Jun 21, 3:35 PM

Jul 2013
Why shouldn't I? What is wrong with reading long posts?
Jun 21, 3:43 PM

Oct 2022
Even for the really long posts they only take about a minute to read, it not that hard.
-Login to mal
-Looks at notifications
-Three messages deleted
"Oh no"
Jun 27, 5:24 PM

Nov 2013
If it relates to the topic, sure. If it's a long-winded u-turn into unrelated topics or personal grievances... or into extreme views of some sort, my eyes glaze over and I move on.

Naturally, most of the high quality posts are going to be longer than the normal min character posting so if your default stance is to ignore long posts then damn... hope we don't catch you complaining about the quality of the forum at any point.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 27, 5:50 PM

Jun 2024
I don't mind really long posts. There's always a new idea or perspective, or maybe something that I never knew I'd agree or disagree with.
Jun 28, 2:06 AM

Jun 2008
I tend to just kind of skim through a longer post. Since my time on the internet is much more limited these days.
Jun 28, 3:00 AM

Jul 2010
When someone make a topic with a question and then write his whole life in first post I just exit.
Jun 28, 4:53 AM

Jul 2013
It ultimately depends on whether or not the post is interesting enough to be worth reading.
Jun 29, 3:15 AM
Dec 2021
Hahaha this thread reminds me of LSSJs long tl;drs
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 29, 3:24 AM

Nov 2020
nuh uh. i don't tolerate yapping. i ain't reading nun of that bullshit
"Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or are you Satoru Gojo because you're the strongest?"~ Suguru Geto

Jun 30, 6:42 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
No. Brevity is the soul of wit. If someone can't condense their thoughts into a few sentences, he's stupid and I don't care about his opinions. And that person also doesn't respect the reader's time if they make blogposts that take minutes to read.
Jun 30, 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
Depends on whether or not the thing they are responding to warrants a long response.
Jun 30, 10:35 AM

Dec 2011
I usually do because they always turn out to be super intriguing
Jun 30, 5:19 PM

Dec 2019
I kinda feel douchey if somebody posts a paragraph and I simply reply with a sentence, they'd probably prefer a paragraph reply which I cba so I'll just skip the post
Jun 30, 5:26 PM

Jun 2024
depends, some people write way too much and my brain gets tired because i am still learning english

“Yes, i eat my sandwiches with a fork”

― Wendy ―

More topics from this board

» I believe in solipsism. Is that crazy?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

33 by CollectiveDismal »»
10 minutes ago

» Why do people abandon their friends for relationships? ( 1 2 )

Amityblight - Sep 20

57 by lalabella »»
42 minutes ago

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 22

31 by lalabella »»
50 minutes ago

» How often do you go to the gym or workout in general?

ZakuF_ - Yesterday

16 by Icymatika »»
53 minutes ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - May 25

18 by Zarutaku »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.