Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
Oh, Lum's hometown and grandfather. How interesting.

Her home is how I kinda imagined would be like, same with her family and their personalities. What did freak me out slightly is the weird guy in the dark hood. Seems so out of place compared to the others. Glad to also see Sakura appear on screen a bit.
May 30, 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverMay 30, 11:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 30, 9:48 AM

Dec 2021
Here we go, entering the final arc for the third time.

During Onsen Mark's class, Lum drifts off to sleep and suddenly jolts awake, screaming from a terrifying nightmare of a shadowy figure approaching her as a young girl, claiming it will return to take her as its bride when she comes of age. After school, she confides in Ataru about her nightmare, but he's more interested in chasing girls as usual. After their typical argument, Lum heads back to her UFO, where her father contacts her via video call; her great-grandfather's missing cryo-stasis capsule has been found after twenty years, and he wants to meet her now that he's awake.

Meanwhile, Ataru finds himself at Sakura's shrine, where ominous signs prompt her to consult a crystal ball, revealing a vision of Lum engulfed in darkness. By the time he returns home, it's nighttime, and he learns that Lum is visiting her parents. Ten teases him, suggesting that this time Lum might not come back, given their recent argument. On Oniboshi, Lum's great-grandfather finally learns that Lum is a girl, sending him into a panic.

This is really tugging at my heartstrings now.

May 30, 11:40 AM
Sep 2015
This anime always bring something new to each arc.
May 30, 11:44 AM

Jan 2018
The last episode was just a prologue. Now we're officially in the endgame. It feels so surreal.

They didn't conclude the Ultra-Colorful Couple's Look chapter from the last episode which was a bit disappointing. But I kinda expected that this would happen.

Lum's great-grandpappy drops a bombshell. He basically engaged his future progeny to some mushroom-loving freak. I guess that's another trope that gets heavily recycled in Takahashi's next series, Ranma 1/2.

Gojo Rupa looks so hot. He's tall, cool-looking, and has a great voice and stuff. It's almost a shame that he's an idiot like any other.

Ataru acts like he doesn't care. But it did seem like he cared about Lum a lot when he picked up her horns and almost went after Rupa. What a cliffhanger!

This episode looked very good. It seems like the production value for the last few episodes is going to be high which is how it should be. But it remains to be seen if it will be as good as the movie.

One thing I really liked was that there seem to be new eyecatches for all the Boy Meets Girl episodes. This episode's eyecatch was the cover page of Chapter 357 Boy Meets Girl Act 2 Will You Marry Me?

I hope there will be new eyecatches in the next 3 episodes. Also, if you didn't realize it already, the last OP also begins with referencing Chapter 356 Boy Meets Girl Act 1 Pitch Black cover page. I like how the eyecatch and the next episode preview play a different segment of the OST LUM. I also liked how the title of the episode was revealed at the end.

Rupa's new VA Nakamura Yuichi does an amazing job. He's best known for voicing Gojo from JJK which I didn't watch so Idk much about that. But he sounds terrific here. Upa's VA Cho also did a great job. He played Jaken in Inuyasha and he fits Upa really well. I wonder who played Lum's great-grandpappy.

In the next episode, we're probably gonna get Inori Minase's character who's best known for voicing Rem from Re:ZERO. It's wild that we have the voice actresses for both Rem and Emilia from Re:ZERO in Urusei Yatsura. Can't wait!

Also, on a related note, the Urusei Yatsura Twitter account posted a small sample of the new cover of Urusei Yatsura's first ED Uchuu wa Taihen da! by the new cast and it honestly sounds amazing. I can't wait for the full version!
0451May 30, 11:52 AM
May 30, 12:52 PM

Jun 2016
As far as I understand, 03:15 this was a reference to the magnificent Ranma, who doesn’t know this is one of the main characters of Akane Tendou.
May 30, 1:46 PM

Dec 2022
lmao's every time the ole dude laughed as expected
DRAMA
boy this young lad is going to have hell to pay to Ataru's jealous wrath of LOVE!
May 30, 2:05 PM

Feb 2020
When you remember that this work also belongs to Rumiko Takahashi...

May 30, 2:39 PM
May 2018
Man I was not expecting Akane to make a cameo, hopefully Ranma 1/2 gets a modern remake. The bit with Rupa hitting his head on his way into the classroom was great but it was better the second time it happens mainly due to Ataru calling him out first.
May 30, 3:04 PM

Aug 2017
Here we are again. The beginning of the end.

The episode served more as an exposition of the big picture of what may come, but was still very entertaining.

Personal highlight: Sakura's recipe...eh..questioning her ball ("tomoato sauce, mozarella"). Wonderful.😋

The fact that Lum's grandpa was simply forgotten during the move is also typical Takahasi. Humor, that kind of humor.😂

It's also nice to see Ataru's secret jealousy, which he can't hide so easily.😁

0451 said:
This episode looked very good. It seems like the production value for the last few episodes is going to be high which is how it should be.
What I also noticed is the pacing of this episode. While the last episodes often went one after the other, the scenes here really took their time. e.g. Rupa's arrival at the school - that was something where you saw the carriage with the flying pigs in the air for a relatively long time and the whole thing was built up a bit dramaturgically.

In terms of pacing, this time it was pretty close to the original series. I think it's great that the finale isn't rushed, but is instead properly honored with 4 episodes.

I'm really looking forward to next week when the story really gets going.😃
May 30, 4:03 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Looks like I’m not the only one that caught that Ranma 1/2 reference when Ataru tried to get Akane’s number lol, it helps that I’ve been watching it recently to notice it. And man, we’re really in the end game now huh, we’re not in the juicy stuff yet but this episode set everything up, it introduced the plot of Lum being married off to another man by her grandpa before she was even born, and the man himself appeared, being Rupa, he looks and sounds great in the remake, and he’s still a goofy ass so it’s hard to feel really threatened by him but this is Urusei Yatsura after all, no matter the situation there is always some goofiness afoot.

And based on my memory it seems things are going very similarly to the movie with maybe a little more time for certain scenes to breath, which I was hoping for giving 4 episodes are being dedicated to this arc. No complaints so far, I think they’re doing a great job with this atm, but what I’m really looking forward to should be coming soon, being one of my all time favorite Urusei Yatsura babes, can’t wait.
May 30, 4:41 PM
May 2017
Excellent episode! The final arc connects to the season opening.
leonardobarbaMay 30, 4:46 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 30, 6:05 PM

Apr 2022
they are cooking with the final arc but i'm sad we're almost at the end. loved this episode, sakura moments like the incantation being food and the old senile man were especially hilarious. yuichi nakamura doing an amazing job as always. him, kamiya and miyano in the same scene feels very iconic already.
May 30, 9:42 PM
Oct 2019
IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!
May 30, 9:48 PM

May 2019
It's nice to see they dedicate their time to make new eyecatch for this specific arc based on the manga chapter cover. I wonder if they would introduce the new one again based on the last few chapters. Ataru was visibly more serious and jealous at the same time. Always like this version of him the best and so far it's not disappointing. There are heavy semblances of Ranma here and there whether it's arranged marriage, those piggies and Akane when picked on by Ataru. The mushroom cast are pretty good and let's see if they nailed Carla's character next week.

May 30, 10:11 PM
Jan 2023
Classic forced marriage momento
May 30, 11:48 PM

Feb 2019
Can’t believe we only have a few more episodes left 😩 the start of the end of this. Please I need a remake of the remake or a movie or something can’t let my babies go yet…

Can’t stop laughing at how this all essentially started because of Lum’s great grandfather being thirsty 😂 everything has a price, but who would’ve thought it would be his great granddaughter paying it all these years later.. Ataru is gonna really have to buckle down and confront his true feelings about Lum if he’s gonna save her. Can’t wait to see this play out
May 31, 2:48 AM
Feb 2020
Lum: I cant believe I had I fiance forced on me!

Ataru: First time?
May 31, 5:10 AM
Jul 2023
Well, the "Boy Meets Girl" arc begins with this series, the series itself narrates the events of chapter 356-358 of the manga.
May 31, 8:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm Sakura rocks that miko outfit. How does one lose track of one's family members thats staying at their house though. Sure was a rather curious chant that she used to activate the summoning though. Rupa clearly didn't get the best education it seems. Still gotta hand it to their kidnap plan though. Have to say that the darkness arc started off with quite the bang.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 9:47 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Finally it's time for what's probably the final arc of the series (unless a movie is announced shortly after). Setting up the conflict with the Darkness Domain from the last scenes of the last episode to getting a close up of Rupa, it seems that now the stakes are high as Lum is being forced to marry him. Ataru will have to stop them and also come to terms with his feelings for her. Will it finally be time for a kiss? I think maybe but all in due time.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 31, 12:39 PM
Sep 2018
ohoho Ataru is getting jealous here 😏😏😏😏😏😏
May 31, 3:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn all of that only because the great grandfather tried to sell the daughter he didn't have back then so now that the family finally has a daughter Lamu is forced to marry the great grandson... it's horrible how they made her lose her powers because of the poisoned ring :/ Maybe Ataru will finally care about her and fix the situation...
May 31, 11:13 PM
Aug 2022
Rupa bro, your scheme is way too complicated. This world has flowers that grow little angels that shoot love arrows, pendants that bring people together and potions even humans can make. You should know better. Of all the things, why give her a ring that makes her lose her horns? Throw a heart candy in her mouth already, lock the heart in a safe and win. She has like 0% resist.
(Previous episode showed an NPC make Lum go more brainless for him with giggles and moans in 10 seconds than she did for her guy in 40 episodes and I have no idea how I'm supposed to take the strength of this couple and/or this final romantic arc seriously now lol. F*ck this again)
Jun 1, 1:26 PM
Jan 2024
finally begins a semi-serious arc
Jun 4, 3:18 PM

Feb 2012
Sassy Crystal Ball.

Lum's great grandfather thought he had a way out of Upa's swindle as he only had sons. The blunder transcended generations Lum is now caught up in it.
If Upa eventually found a mate then who's to say his great-grandson wouldn't? Unless he swindled other aliens this way, getting them to sell off their female descendants for marriage.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 4, 9:19 PM
Oct 2019
This is it, the Final Arc begins!!
It's all getting serious from now on, but the comedy timing still hit the mark as usual.

Damn they got Yuuichi Nakamura too??

Ataru, Please bring back Lum 🙏
Jun 6, 4:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wow, appears a new boy adn wants married with Lum!!!
kekeke
Jun 6, 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
From the OP visuals I knew it was gonna be something like this but still annoying, the old kidnap the heroine trope. Anyway I hope Lum's family will do something and ofc Ataru. Go get your girl back.
Jun 6, 8:07 PM

May 2015
Ataru is always slow to admit his true feelings. Now that Lum has been kidnapped by Rupa, it's sink or swim for Ataru to get her back!
Jun 8, 2:22 AM

May 2015
We are starting the most dark and serious arc.
Jun 8, 5:08 AM

May 2020
And because someone kidnapped her, which will then lead to Ataru going on a rescue mission.. it'll be concluded that they do really love each other. Wow, of all ways to convince us lol. 

Really wanted to see even a speck of change, for both Ataru and Lum as characters, but guess that was too much to ask, sigh. 
Jun 9, 11:54 AM
Nov 2022
Wtf the plot suddenly became dark ._.
Jun 13, 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
The Boy Meets Girl epilogue arc for the All-Stars series is finally here, signalling the endgame.

The cheating Ataru always gets on Lum's nerves, though a word from his father awakening their great-grandfather from his cryosleep, it's a family reunion, though Nurse Sakura has a bad omen about something, which after seeing the crystal ball, confirms that Lum is in danger from darkness. Considering the fear and danger, Ataru is genuinely worried for Lum, something which is clearly stated by their Grandpappy signalling immense danger. It took until the dark figure to come out revealing their 120-year history, which ended up in a wager bet of sending a girl to them in exchange for the antidote. Too bad that their Grandpappy is just too dense to realize the extent of his mistake.

That mistake of sending the Dark Dominion out of Lum's family, has one of its servants, Rupa, seek out Lum on Earth, only for Ataru and the gang to find him being a threat from the get-go. Of course, this is all too early in the development, though the ring that he put on her is not easily taken out. Sadly for Ataru, he only sees this the other way as a term of jealousy, and Rupa is just completing his great-grandfather's assignment, which Ataru realized too late with the loss of her horns.

The start of the downfall of Ataru and Lum's relationship...for real, this time.
Jun 20, 10:37 AM

Nov 2016
A mysterious fiancé pulls up and kidnaps the love interest, there's not much else you need for the final arc of a crazy rom-com.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2:25 AM

Jun 2019
We finally met the guy who's supposed to marry Lum. Yuichi Nakamura doing his job as usual. Ataru is jealous. Cute. Looks like she's been kidnapped by Rupa. The rescue gonna be tough.
Jun 22, 3:23 PM

Nov 2023
How can one not love this anime? xD
Jul 5, 11:06 PM
Oct 2017
That Akane reference was amazing, she was wearing the same exact uniform and even stuck out her tongue to do the bleh 👅. Looks like this series is ending on a pretty serious arc. I like it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15

54 by ArctiKFox »»
Sep 20, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8

53 by ArctiKFox »»
Sep 19, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1

38 by ArctiKFox »»
Sep 13, 12:15 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

40 by Seawolf43 »»
Sep 12, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

93 by SouthRzVa »»
Sep 10, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.