Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 5:54 AM
Oct 2023
I’ve heard about this series a lot in the past, and many have praised it for being really action packed and having amazing choreography. And the anime also just got announced so I’m just thinking, should I give the manga a shot before the anime or should I wait and see what the anime is like then switch to manga? I know Netflix acquired it so it might suffer with production and stuff like that, but I’m curious to know what you guys have to say.

Thank you :)
May 27, 5:58 AM

Apr 2018
Definitly give the manga a chance. You'll be amazed at how well Suzuki (author) can draw these exceptional fights. It's not only that, it has a bunch of likeable and well written characters with every arc being better than the one before. I personally feel that the anime won't top up the manga, but it was gonna be difficult with TMS production in the first place. It still looks pretty decent, but not what most would have wanted probably.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 27, 6:08 AM

Apr 2022
definitely read first. looking at your favorites i think you'll like it and like you mentioned, it has the best fight choreography that i've seen in manga personally. the anime with TMS might be hit or miss, but not too crazy.
May 27, 6:10 AM
Dec 2022
Yes, read it. You'll love it just as much as I do.
May 27, 6:57 AM
Jun 2021
Hey there! I'm glad to hear you're interested in Sakamoto Days!

Personally, I think it's always a good idea to experience the source material before watching the anime adaptation. The manga is already out, and it's a great way to get a deeper understanding of the story, characters, and world-building. Plus, you can skip any potential issues with the anime production (like pacing, animation, or changes to the original story).

That being said, if you're worried about the anime's quality, you could also try watching the first episode or two to get a feel for the production. Netflix has been known to produce some great shows, and Sakamoto Days might be no exception.

As for the choreography, the manga does have some amazing fight scenes and action sequences, so it's definitely worth checking out if that's what you're looking for. The manga also has a great sense of humor and some really lovable characters, so it's worth experiencing in its original form.

Ultimately, it's up to you! If you're curious about the story and want to get a head start, go ahead and read the manga. If you prefer to wait and see how the anime turns out, that's okay too! You can always come back to the manga later if you decide you want to experience it in its original form.
May 27, 7:47 AM

Jun 2014
This easily has the best action in Jump right now, with some of the most creative fights I've seen in recent memory. The author comes up with some insane shit and makes it work. Also it's one of the few action series where I don't find myself asking what's going on in certain panels, the way the action is drawn and how it flows from panel to panel/page to page is so clear.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 27, 7:55 AM
Apr 2023
it's a great story, it gets better at hard boiled arc and if you like anime like spy x family and gintama you'll definitely enjoy that. also you can wait 15 months for anime adaption
May 27, 8:20 AM

Sep 2022
Yes it's really fucking fun, funny, action packed and even heart warming at times. Extremely well drawn action sequences and well written characters to boot. If you like this, then I'd also recc KGB since I consider Sakamoto days and KGB to be sister series.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
May 27, 4:24 PM
Mar 2020
Nght_Walkr said:
I’ve heard about this series a lot in the past, and many have praised it for being really action packed and having amazing choreography. And the anime also just got announced so I’m just thinking, should I give the manga a shot before the anime or should I wait and see what the anime is like then switch to manga? I know Netflix acquired it so it might suffer with production and stuff like that, but I’m curious to know what you guys have to say.

Thank you :)

It's definitely one of the best manga in Jump right now.
May 27, 5:31 PM

Aug 2018
Sure, go ahead and read it.
May 27, 7:14 PM

Apr 2016
you should read, it has some of the most creative fights I've seen

off topic but I hate this guy who only speaks using chat gpt in the forums
May 28, 4:07 AM
Dec 2019
Its pretty alright. The action is the highlight and even a mediocre anime adaptation will be a good watch. The characters are fun too but honestly the story is sub-mediocre and there have been a few plot "twists" that have been so bad I'm honestly considering dropping the series. The first half of the series was fun though.
Jun 3, 1:00 AM
Oct 2023
Hi all. Just an update. After checking out your replies and getting some other manga out of the way, I can honestly say that Sakamoto Days is probably one of the best reads I’ve ever experienced.

The action, comedy, characters, they are all so amazing that with each chapter, I’m never bored because they all help to make it more memorable for me; Sakamoto is a fucking legend, even in his shape, he’s still able to do so much. The action especially is top notch, Suzuki is such a goddamn legend in making the sequences seem so seamless and effortless it’s crazy; this is enhanced even more with the locations that he puts the characters in, such as the amusement park with Shin and that assassin. I won’t say too much but at the time of writing, I’m currently at volume 3 and I’m learning so much new stuff and keep getting the best out of the series.

Thank you all for your opinions/comments, I’ll be sure to see bro through to its current arc, and in time for the anime! :)

Also, I don’t know about you all, but it gives me SpyXFamily vibes with the whole ‘found family’ idea with Shin and Lu which I love.
Jun 3, 2:25 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to Nght_Walkr
Hi all. Just an update. After checking out your replies and getting some other manga out of the way, I can honestly say that Sakamoto Days is probably one of the best reads I’ve ever experienced.

The action, comedy, characters, they are all so amazing that with each chapter, I’m never bored because they all help to make it more memorable for me; Sakamoto is a fucking legend, even in his shape, he’s still able to do so much. The action especially is top notch, Suzuki is such a goddamn legend in making the sequences seem so seamless and effortless it’s crazy; this is enhanced even more with the locations that he puts the characters in, such as the amusement park with Shin and that assassin. I won’t say too much but at the time of writing, I’m currently at volume 3 and I’m learning so much new stuff and keep getting the best out of the series.

Thank you all for your opinions/comments, I’ll be sure to see bro through to its current arc, and in time for the anime! :)

Also, I don’t know about you all, but it gives me SpyXFamily vibes with the whole ‘found family’ idea with Shin and Lu which I love.
Nght_Walkr said:
but it gives me SpyXFamily vibes

I truly don't understand why so many people find SD & SF similar. Okay, the MC has a family in both cases. BUT! There's a deep difference too: Sakamoto quits job in order to start a family, and Twilight starts a family in order to do his job. Since SF has much more school-age characters, it is targeted at a much younger audience, hence the schoolchild-level humour, whereas SD remains faithful to what Takagi & Mashiro in Bakuman called "serious humour", which is something more complex and less straightforward but more rewarding for those who gets it. What else? Romance plotlines. Teenagers love romance plotlines. SF has quite a few of them, SD has none (Toramaru's obsession doesn't count). The only aspect where SF beats SD in its adult-orientedness is the number of character cosplay photosets appearances on adult websites.
Jun 5, 1:17 PM

Jan 2021
Well the long answer is yes, you definitely should. And the short answer is yes.
Jun 21, 8:37 AM
Aug 2019
you should read it, I don't care about the excuses

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 20 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 18, 2021

9 by Tongmuan »»
Yesterday, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2021

14 by Tongmuan »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 183 Discussion

ryzxgum - Sep 22

8 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Sep 23, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 182 Discussion

ryzxgum - Sep 15

12 by Timeline_man »»
Sep 16, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 180 Discussion

ryzxgum - Sep 1

16 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Sep 12, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.