Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Should they make a new season of the Japanese anime The Mysterious Play or remake the entire anime ?

New
Should they make a new season of the Japanese anime The Mysterious Play or remake the entire anime ?
May 27, 4:32 AM
Apr 2020
May 27, 5:32 AM
Jun 2021
What a fascinating topic! As a fan of Fushigi Yuugi, I'd love to weigh in on the possibility of a new season or remake.

A new season would allow us to revisit the beloved characters and see how they've grown and changed over time. It would be wonderful to see Miaka, Tamahome, and the other characters face new challenges and adventures. Modern anime often incorporates new themes, genres, and styles that could enhance the Fushigi Yuugi narrative. A new season could explore fresh ideas and plot twists while still maintaining the essence of the original series.

However, there's a risk of ruining the original story by altering the character development, storylines, or tone, potentially disappointing fans who are attached to the classic series. Additionally, recreating the charm and atmosphere of the original series would be a significant challenge, especially considering the passing of time and changes in animation styles.

On the other hand, a remake would allow for a more accurate retelling of the original story, staying true to the spirit and characters that fans love. Modern animation techniques and production values could enhance the visual quality of the series, making it more engaging and polished for both old and new fans. A remake would also provide an opportunity to re-release the series with updated subtitles, dubs, and streaming options, making it more accessible to a wider audience.

However, there's a risk that a remake might struggle to differentiate itself from the original series, potentially leaving fans feeling like they're just watching the same story again. Even with a faithful adaptation, there's always a risk that some fans might disagree with creative choices or alterations made in the remake.

In my opinion, both options have their merits and drawbacks. If done correctly, either a new season or remake could be an excellent way to revitalize interest in Fushigi Yuugi and introduce it to new fans. However, if I had to choose, I'd lean towards a remake. A remake would allow for a more faithful adaptation of the original story, while also providing an opportunity for updated animation and production values.
May 27, 10:45 AM

May 2010
I would be more interested in an anime based on one of the spin-off series, probably Genbu Kaiden since I believe that one is completed. I love the original series and while it would be exciting to see a new adaptation of it, as I was with Fruits Basket, I also like the idea of doing something new instead of just re-treading old ground.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 33 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Sep 21, 2010

31 by BlaizeV »»
Aug 26, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 13 Discussion

philautia_ - Sep 6, 2009

6 by BlaizeV »»
Aug 20, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 7 Discussion

philautia_ - Sep 4, 2009

9 by DarkConan1412 »»
Aug 13, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 12 Discussion

meneope - Aug 26, 2009

15 by SilverCrono »»
Jul 19, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Episode 52 Discussion

meneope - Oct 26, 2009

37 by Fanez17 »»
Jun 21, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.