Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 2, 2023 1:57 AM

Mar 2023
If you watch '86' in dub, it will be the biggest mistake of your life. The dub is just so bad. I made the unfortunate choice of watching the first season of '86' in dub, and I regret it immensely. But then, I discovered the recaps, which are only available in sub, and they completely blew my mind. In the recaps, I felt more emotionally connected to the story than I did throughout the whole anime.

The sub is really great, and I even found season 2 (or part 2) a bit slow, but its recaps are the best. If someone wants to watch '86,' I highly recommend watching it in sub, because the dub is so bad that it might actually hinder your enjoyment of the series, and tell is there season 3.
Nov 2, 2023 2:05 AM
Mar 2021
wtf!! 💀
bro dedicated his life on hating dubs lmao...
Nov 2, 2023 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
If someone is willing to subject themselves to any dub, then they probably deserve it.

Nov 2, 2023 2:16 AM
Mar 2023
i believe real anime watcher always choice sub first.
Nov 2, 2023 2:25 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to _Flexor_
wtf!! 💀
bro dedicated his life on hating dubs lmao...
@_Flexor_ No Mostly I Watched in Dub But This Dub is Not Good
Nov 2, 2023 2:28 AM
Jan 2022
anime-alchemy said:

maybe we watched different shows, cause I also watched the dub and it was pretty good according to me, dude really needs to get a life 💀
Nov 2, 2023 2:49 AM
Feb 2023
sub is better I can learn some Japanese language and new word for English
Nov 2, 2023 3:46 AM
Dec 2020
the dub aint even that bad tho
Nov 2, 2023 4:07 AM

Apr 2016
Don't worry. I only watch anime in subs. The original, the better for me. 🤘😁
Nov 2, 2023 4:10 AM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
there is not even a dub for me.

So sub rules
Nov 2, 2023 4:25 AM

Mar 2023
please don't watch anything in dub, not just Anime
Nov 2, 2023 4:57 AM
Mar 2022
I mean sub is usually good but I watch dub occasionally especially if I’m doing multiple things. The sub was definitely better when I was just watching, but when I was multitasking I didn’t think the dub was bad
Nov 2, 2023 5:57 AM
May 2022
I watch dub because I don’t wanna read subtitles during cool scenes, I watched 86 in dub and it was good.
Nov 2, 2023 6:37 AM

Feb 2021
Nah you should watch it in dub
Nov 2, 2023 6:39 AM

Oct 2017
I always watch sub too, it's always better
"Okay so the first night is never usually that bad in any of the games so I'll play through-"

-Markiplier

Nov 2, 2023 7:09 AM
Nov 2021
imagine letting people choose if THEY want to watch it with dub or sub.
Nov 2, 2023 9:03 AM
Aug 2021
swamp881 said:
I mean sub is usually good but I watch dub occasionally especially if I’m doing multiple things. The sub was definitely better when I was just watching, but when I was multitasking I didn’t think the dub was bad

how do You feel when You keep switching between dub and sub
I like both but I tend to watch dub cause it needs fewer neurons activated

but I did try to switch a couple of times throughout the same season of the same show just like You said
when I'm multitasking I go for dub
but in the end, it didn't work for me I guess
so share with me Your experiences cause I might Learn something
Nov 2, 2023 9:17 AM
Dec 2021
bruh just another dub hatter.

I can clearly say he didn't watch a single EP in dub.

dub is great too.
Nov 2, 2023 9:56 AM
Mar 2021
Yasuki_29 said:
anime-alchemy said:

maybe we watched different shows, cause I also watched the dub and it was pretty good according to me, dude really needs to get a life 💀

fr...either this guy is a troll or hating dub for no reason smh...
Nov 2, 2023 12:26 PM
Dec 2020
Dub sucks! I only read manga in sub!
Nov 2, 2023 12:43 PM
May 2021
Begging for people not to watch something in a language they understand is insane. I'm taking the for 86 over the sub anyday
Shinzo Sasageyo
Nov 2, 2023 2:20 PM
Sep 2023
That's True. Please Dont Watch With Dub. Really. Not Kidding.
Nov 2, 2023 5:41 PM
Nov 2022
🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨
Nov 2, 2023 6:21 PM
Oct 2022
Honestly, if watching an anime dub constitutes anywhere near the biggest mistake of your life, you don't have enough life experience for your opinion to be of value to others.
Nov 2, 2023 6:27 PM
Jan 2022
Dub is great too 😭 Just because your a no life dub hater who thinks watching sub is everything ong
Nov 2, 2023 8:59 PM
Sep 2023
are you so pathetic you’re telling someone not to watch in a language YOU don’t like?
Nov 2, 2023 9:31 PM
Jul 2021
Piromysl said:
If someone is willing to subject themselves to any dub, then they probably deserve it.

Ghost Stories Dub >>>
Nov 3, 2023 4:15 AM
Jul 2022
Yasuki_29 said:
anime-alchemy said:

telling people to get a life for having an opinion which fyi thats kinda what forum posts are for. ur the one who needs to get a life
Nov 3, 2023 5:07 AM
Jan 2022
alfsta said:
Yasuki_29 said:

telling people to get a life for having an opinion which fyi thats kinda what forum posts are for. ur the one who needs to get a life

nah, u do need help, it's for the watcher to decide if the dub is good or not, ur not supposed to state shit opinions and I wouldn't have said anything if it was an opinion just not accepted by everyone, but ur just objectively wrong
Nov 3, 2023 5:13 AM
May 2023
The dub hate in anime is so over the top. Sub is almost always better, but people act like anime dubs are people on YouTube spending 15 minutes of prep.

Biggest mistake of your life??? Relax and let people watch what they want and how they want
Nov 3, 2023 7:17 AM
Oct 2022
is the dub exceptionally bad or just regular bad like every other anime dub?
Nov 3, 2023 7:35 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Dreear
@Dreear but there great dub too like death note , code geass and naruto shippuden
Nov 3, 2023 8:36 AM
Oct 2022
anime-alchemy said:
@Dreear but there great dub too like death note , code geass and naruto shippuden

yeah but most anime dubs tend to really suck
Nov 3, 2023 1:40 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah, that’s why I watched in in original… The videos also had an English dub in them, so I thought why won’t I check it out as well, but once I tried… No, thanks…
Nov 3, 2023 2:04 PM
Nov 2015
86 is so overrated 😭 Every episode goes like this: 1: show scene of people being racist 2: Have the main girl give a 5 minute ham-fisted lecture on why racism is bad. 3:The main girl talks to the 86 about how not racist she is. 4: Bad plot twist. 5: Repeat
Nov 3, 2023 4:00 PM
Jul 2022
Yasuki_29 said:
alfsta said:

nah, u do need help, it's for the watcher to decide if the dub is good or not, ur not supposed to state shit opinions and I wouldn't have said anything if it was an opinion just not accepted by everyone, but ur just objectively wrong

yeah according to ur opinion lmao. I didnt know it was possible for someone to be this arrogant. not everyone likes everything u like and vice versa. u need to learn some common sense.
Nov 4, 2023 5:42 AM

Mar 2013
I think both of them are outright wonderful.
Watched sub then dub.. It's a great experience.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 5, 2023 2:28 AM
Nov 2020
Hunico1234 said:
Dub sucks! I only read manga in sub!

Dubbed manga 💀
Nov 5, 2023 7:25 AM
Jun 2021
I'm watching dub, deal with it!
Nov 6, 2023 2:22 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to Tanatswa28
I'm watching dub, deal with it!
@Tanatswa28 ok (character limit)
Nov 6, 2023 12:41 PM
Mar 2019
Dreear said:

it's good like nearly every other anime dub
Nov 8, 2023 10:12 PM
Jan 2022
alfsta said:
Yasuki_29 said:

yeah according to ur opinion lmao. I didnt know it was possible for someone to be this arrogant. not everyone likes everything u like and vice versa. u need to learn some common sense.

as expected of a brain dead chainsawman fan
mf is clearly hating on the dub and discouraging other people from trying it, he deserves to be shit on and it's not even bout having opinions rn, he is just objectively wrong
Nov 15, 2023 9:04 PM
Jul 2022
Yasuki_29 said:
alfsta said:

mf is clearly hating on the dub and discouraging other people from trying it, he deserves to be shit on and it's not even bout having opinions rn, he is just objectively wrong

ive only just seen this. bringing up csm for literally no reason lol but okay. its funny how you call me braindead when u clearly dont understand what it means to have an opinion when ur calling it objectively wrong simply because u like it. also from what i saw he wasnt hating on it in a toxic sense he was simply stating that he didnt find it good and thought of informing people that the sub could be a better experience for them. just because u read it a certain way in ur head that doesn't determine the intent he had when typing it. posts like these are literally for stating ur opinion and not everyone is gonna agree with eachother. its people like u who make this site toxic by trying to argue with anyone who doesnt see something the same way u do.
alfstaNov 15, 2023 9:08 PM
Nov 15, 2023 9:12 PM
Jan 2022
alfsta said:
Yasuki_29 said:

ive only just seen this. bringing up csm for literally no reason lol but okay. its funny how you call me braindead when u clearly dont understand what it means to have an opinion when ur calling it objectively wrong simply because u like it. also from what i saw he wasnt hating on it in a toxic sense he was simply stating that he didnt find it good and thought of informing people that the sub could be a better experience for them. just because u read it a certain way in ur head that doesn't determine the intent he had when typing it. posts like these are literally for stating ur opinion and not everyone is gonna agree with eachother. its people like u who make this site toxic by trying to argue with anyone who doesnt see something the same way u do.

mf, thinks I am being toxic, like I said if he just had an opinion he could have kept it to himself instead of making a whole thread bout it, he is just trying to say that the effort the people put into dubbing was a waste and shitting on their work he is just looking for attention or tryna create an scene, I can't seem to understand what goes through the mind of these kinds of people, if he didn't liked it he could have kept it to himself and u dare to say in front of me that he wasn't hating when he created an whole another thread just saying don't watch the dub it's shit, use ur fucking eyes for once
the name of the thread is literally pls don't watch the dub, it pisses me off sm especially fucking retarded people like you who support them even though yk they r in the wrong
Nov 15, 2023 9:26 PM
Jul 2022
Yasuki_29 said:
alfsta said:

mf, thinks I am being toxic, like I said if he just had an opinion he could have kept it to himself instead of making a whole thread bout it, he is just trying to say that the effort the people put into dubbing was a waste and shitting on their work he is just looking for attention or tryna create an scene, I can't seem to understand what goes through the mind of these kinds of people, if he didn't liked it he could have kept it to himself and u dare to say in front of me that he wasn't hating when he created an whole another thread just saying don't watch the dub it's shit, use ur fucking eyes for once
the name of the thread is literally pls don't watch the dub, it pisses me off sm especially fucking retarded people like you who support them even though yk they r in the wrong

seems i touched a nerve if u have resorted to just spewing insults. if everyone kept their opinions to themselves then nothing would be said. also that mindset is just kinda silly its like a lot of people wanna get rid of free speech. opinions should be shared and again no ones ever gonna get 100% agreement from everyone. all u can do is debate it like rational people and if nothing happens simply agree to disagree and move on. especially when it comes down to something so insignificant like come on man theres a lot more out there to be mad at than this. if u really genuinely thought that if he had nothing good to say he shouldn't say it then u wouldnt sit here typing out random insults at me as that aint really considered "good" is it? u shouldve scrolled past his post instead of just coming here to be rude. and as ive just said, im agreeing to disagree as i dont see this going anywhere. gl to u
alfstaNov 15, 2023 9:29 PM
Nov 15, 2023 9:27 PM
Jul 2022
alfsta said:
Yasuki_29 said:

seems i touched a nerve if u have resorted to just spewing insults. if everyone kept their opinions to themselves then nothing would be said. also that mindset is just kinda silly its like a lot of people wanna get rid of free speech. opinions should be shared and again no ones ever gonna get 100% agreement from everyone. all u can do is debate it like rational people and if nothing happens simply agree to disagree and move on. especially when it comes down to something so insignificant like come on man theres a lot more out there to be mad at than this. if u really genuinely thought that if he had nothing good to say he shouldn't say it then u wouldnt sit here typing out random insults at me as that aint really considered "good" is it? u shouldve scrolled past his post instead of just coming here to be rude.

and as ive just said. im agreeing to disagree as i dont see this going anywhere. gl to u
Nov 15, 2023 9:32 PM
Jan 2022
alfsta said:
Yasuki_29 said:

seems i touched a nerve if u have resorted to just spewing insults. if everyone kept their opinions to themselves then nothing would be said. also that mindset is just kinda silly its like a lot of people wanna get rid of free speech. opinions should be shared and again no ones ever gonna get 100% agreement from everyone. all u can do is debate it like rational people and if nothing happens simply agree to disagree and move on. especially when it comes down to something so insignificant like come on man theres a lot more out there to be mad at than this. if u really genuinely thought that if he had nothing good to say he shouldn't say it then u wouldnt sit here typing out random insults at me as that aint really considered "good" is it? u shouldve scrolled past his post instead of just coming here to be rude. and as ive just said, im agreeing to disagree as i dont see this going anywhere. gl to u

actually I agree with the last point, I should have skipped past this post tbh, but the starting para is just bullshit and ur just ignoring my point of him trying to disrespect the work and effort the VA put into the show, and ur taking his side even after knowing he is in the wrong is just sad tbh, also that freedom of speech bullshit is just an illusion tbh

More topics from this board

» 86 LN starts its Final Arc with the next Light Novel volume 14.

darksideee - Jan 11

38 by aurora_yuuki »»
Sep 20, 1:28 PM

» Production of season 2 might start from next season.

Hickykissy - Aug 5

43 by DragyG »»
Sep 20, 7:05 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

191 by kyota521306 »»
Sep 6, 12:11 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2021

299 by kyota521306 »»
Sep 6, 11:35 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

388 by kyota521306 »»
Sep 6, 10:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.