Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2023 11:23 AM
Sep 2017
It's never going to happen, but I think a season 3 from Science Saru helmed by Shingo Natsume again would be really really good. Science SARU really hasn't done a project like this before but as a studio they adapt really really well to different art styles. Add in their current relationship with netflix and the possiibility of season 3 bringing one punch man back to being super mainstream and that could mean a really nice budget.
Sep 23, 2023 11:51 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to DrkSeid69
My grandma is an animator from mappa, she told me that she's been contracted for OPM project

So it's mappa. trust me guys
@DrkSeid69 My uncle is the founder of MAPPA and he told me he fired your grandma for leaking information about the OPM project.

So it's still MAPPA. There'll just be one less animator working on it now.
Sep 23, 2023 12:01 PM
Sep 2016
It's gotta be Bones imo

Their Mob Psycho 100 team are finally finished with that adaptation, and since they've shown they know how to adapt ONE's work, Bones picking up OPM and giving it to them seems like the most likely play.
Sep 24, 2023 10:25 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Rengoku20
man the animation in final episode of opm s1
by madhouse was still underrated as compared to studios like mappa and ufotable
@Rengoku20 when you have talents like Shigo Natsume as episode director while also having Arifumi Imai, Yutaka Nakamura, Gosei Oda, Norifumi Kugai, Yoshcimichi Kameda and Chikashi Kubota as main animators any series will look like a oozefest😂. If you don't know about them none of them work for Madhouse, they're all freelancers who are good friends of director Shingo Natsume and are possibly one of the greatest line up of action animators. You can thank Shingo Natsume for the glorious season 1. 99% of animators were his friends pitching in. Any studio irrespective of name can make s1 quality of animation if they hire Shingo Natsume and have a capable producer. Mappa has very good Ani Producers also Shingo Natsume's mentor Shinichiro Watanabe is very close to Mappa and is also doing a series with them called "Lazrus, it's honestly possible that thay make another s1 with Mappa
Oct 4, 2023 1:57 AM
Nov 2020
Yantama said:
mappa they say it in the YouTube

rip the animation team
Oct 4, 2023 2:19 AM
Feb 2022
Justin1221 said:
Yantama said:
mappa they say it in the YouTube

rip the animation team

sorry but my grandpa dead and this is his account on mal so he is busy right now come back after 5 years late
Oct 4, 2023 1:21 PM
Jul 2016
Parmand-AnimeGuy said:
Dan_ALves said:

Idk about Bones, but Mappa has Hells Paradise and maybe Chainsaw Man, right? Jjk and Vinland Saga came out this year, I doubt there will be anything before 2025.

I think I heard a little rumor while ago that Mappa wants to put out 6 to 8 animes a year
which includes movies and TV shows.Going by that Mappa has 2 original animes coming out next year Bucchigiri and Lazarus,Hell's Paradise 2nd Season, and something with Chainsaw man a Movie or season 2, most likely nothing new for Kakegurui and Dorohedoro because the director are is doing something else or gone.There is a possibility of a Yuri on Ice Movie or Zombie Land Saga Movie.So yeah what trying to say there is a possibility of Mappa doing opm s3.But if not Mappa not bones or wit would be nice.

Not mappa nor bones or even wit lol
Oct 8, 2023 3:49 AM

Dec 2020
i hope it's not mappa not because I hate mappa

I just want them to rest. I feel bad for them getting overworked and internet keep shitting on them without any reason
We all have shit taste, especially in animes
No one's right, no one's wrong

Oct 15, 2023 3:00 AM
Jan 2017
Reply to V1P3R0P
Bones probably. They arent working on many new projects right now. Some original sci fi anime which comes Winter 2024.

MHA already has its own team working continuously. So it should not affect other projects.
@V1P3R0P Yeah it's looking like it's gonna be Bones tbh. They have a really good relationship with ONE not to mention that S2 definitely fucked the sales of One Punch Man just a little bit, which is the reason i think they're taking so long to announce the studio.
Oct 15, 2023 7:08 AM
Oct 2022
@dirtneck did you watch bluray version or TV version?
Oct 17, 2023 2:17 AM

May 2021
Reply to HEBI_TAN
i hope it's not mappa not because I hate mappa

I just want them to rest. I feel bad for them getting overworked and internet keep shitting on them without any reason
@HEBI_TAN The animators get paid usually in countries like Japan , the Studio doesn't hire slaves to do free work . The cringe phrase for MAPPA ''I feel bad for them getting overworked '' needs to stop . They are good and that's why they get requested from many companies to animate their manga or light novels etc . The animators are responsible adults and they were fully aware of the working conditions in studio that is highly requested also they need to pay the bill and bring food for their families , weird I know !
YubisoftOct 17, 2023 2:26 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
@HEBI_TAN The animators get paid usually in countries like Japan , the Studio doesn't hire slaves to do free work . The cringe phrase for MAPPA ''I feel bad for them getting overworked '' needs to stop . They are good and that's why they get requested from many companies to animate their manga or light novels etc . The animators are responsible adults and they were fully aware of the working conditions in studio that is highly requested also they need to pay the bill and bring food for their families , weird I know !
@Yubisoft bro they are complaining abt bad schedule on their twitter

Oct 17, 2023 4:36 AM

May 2021
HEBI_TAN said:

Yes but please explain how your comment changes my original comment. If they aren't satisfied with the working conditions, they can leave the company. They are veterans, they can find job incredibly fast from both in the animation and game industry. Of course they have the right complain on X as much as they want but if it's the only thing they do, sorry I cannot support that.

Oct 17, 2023 4:39 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
HEBI_TAN said:

Yes but please explain how your comment changes my original comment. If they aren't satisfied with the working conditions, they can leave the company. They are veterans, they can find job incredibly fast from both in the animation and game industry. Of course they have the right complain on X as much as they want but if it's the only thing they do, sorry I cannot support that.
@Yubisoft leaving a job isn't simple as that

Oct 17, 2023 4:57 AM

May 2021
HEBI_TAN said:

Of course and I can understand that but when Japanese companies take advantage of the mentality that Japanese workers have in general have and do whatever the hell they want. So by leaving the job or taking more drastic measures such as :as you said since the animators are overworked and most likely not paid enough they(as a group, because a group can achieve more ) should take legal action against the company. But given the extreme humble mentality Japanese workers have, they would never do such a thing and the working condition will stay the same. So why should anyone support them if they do absolutely nothing to reduce the problem.

Oct 17, 2023 8:45 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
HEBI_TAN said:

Of course and I can understand that but when Japanese companies take advantage of the mentality that Japanese workers have in general have and do whatever the hell they want. So by leaving the job or taking more drastic measures such as :as you said since the animators are overworked and most likely not paid enough they(as a group, because a group can achieve more ) should take legal action against the company. But given the extreme humble mentality Japanese workers have, they would never do such a thing and the working condition will stay the same. So why should anyone support them if they do absolutely nothing to reduce the problem.
@Yubisoft I think I slightly get your point. But I still cannot feel upset over that one Mappa worker who has a very big baggy eyes when he got interviewed. And since I think that you're not actually trying to start an argument, I just want to say this
I cannot help them but only wish for the best for the workers. That's all

Oct 17, 2023 11:06 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
Idk why people keep wanting mappa, like we know they use cgi a lot, and there are way too many scenes in the arc that would be ruined cause of that cgi, imo, the best studio to go for it would be jc staff, there wasn't any problem last season other than metal platings on heroes imo, and jc staff I have been seeing don't use cgi even for monsters you would think would cgi, great example being danmachi and especially in it juggernaut, I have never seen someone not use cgi for skeleton monsters in this day and age, which jc staff did, so even if jc staff comes back it would be a big win, but of course bones is there too which would be the best option
@CrunchyCrobat "jc staff I have been seeing don't use cgi even for monsters"
Elder Centipede and his groons says hi.

And that doesn't include the other CGI monsters they made for other anime like that disaster UQ Holder anime lol.
Oct 17, 2023 11:13 PM
Oct 2020
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

And that doesn't include the other CGI monsters they made for other anime like that disaster UQ Holder anime lol.

Elder centipede was cgi? God must have been some good stuff cause I couldn't even tell, also I'm talking more recently, like danmachi, literally in the whole series I only saw one cgi monster, that was the dual headed hydra in season 4, not even skeletons, or the juggernaut, I am still baffled to see that juggernaut not being cgi, seriously fight scenes in that were just so good, I could even compare them to bones' fight scenes, also just recently the seven spellblades anime, that was also so good with the animation, they have improved a lot in the last few years, so I believe in them to not just cgi everything if they keep doing opm, unlike mappa, which I have no trust won't be using cgi
Oct 20, 2023 5:22 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Elder centipede was cgi? God must have been some good stuff cause I couldn't even tell, also I'm talking more recently, like danmachi, literally in the whole series I only saw one cgi monster, that was the dual headed hydra in season 4, not even skeletons, or the juggernaut, I am still baffled to see that juggernaut not being cgi, seriously fight scenes in that were just so good, I could even compare them to bones' fight scenes, also just recently the seven spellblades anime, that was also so good with the animation, they have improved a lot in the last few years, so I believe in them to not just cgi everything if they keep doing opm, unlike mappa, which I have no trust won't be using cgi
@CrunchyCrobat You must be watched the anime with a shitty quality or shitty eyes, or you know nothing about CGI. Most people noticed that foreground CGI, some of them even complaining about that. There are almost no animation studios that are capable to make unnoticeable foreground CGI. I don't know what makes you praising that studio when it currently producing a mid animation quality for last few years who is barely animating a heavy action series.

I don't watch danmachi, but i watched the clips on youtube. and judging by that clips, i can confidently say the quality was way worse than most of MAPPA shows. Even the OVA eps of OPM S2, that clearly have almost no production problems, have a worse animation quality than JJK S2, which has a lot of production problems.

OPM S3 is going to have a lot of CGI. I don't want to trust that studio to animate S3 with it's current CGI quality like this:
Oct 20, 2023 3:47 PM
Jan 2008
Would be nice with madhouse, seeing Frieren animated so well made me gain hope in them again. Must have had a great budget for that anime.
Oct 22, 2023 12:08 PM

Oct 2023
Reply to DrkSeid69
@CrunchyCrobat You must be watched the anime with a shitty quality or shitty eyes, or you know nothing about CGI. Most people noticed that foreground CGI, some of them even complaining about that. There are almost no animation studios that are capable to make unnoticeable foreground CGI. I don't know what makes you praising that studio when it currently producing a mid animation quality for last few years who is barely animating a heavy action series.

I don't watch danmachi, but i watched the clips on youtube. and judging by that clips, i can confidently say the quality was way worse than most of MAPPA shows. Even the OVA eps of OPM S2, that clearly have almost no production problems, have a worse animation quality than JJK S2, which has a lot of production problems.

OPM S3 is going to have a lot of CGI. I don't want to trust that studio to animate S3 with it's current CGI quality like this:
@DrkSeid69 Haven't seen this in motion, but that frame looks great. CGI doesn't look bad here.
Oct 31, 2023 9:26 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to Potatoboy11
i hope for the impossible: SHAFT
@Potatoboy11 THATS JUST NOT HAPPENING💀
Oct 31, 2023 9:28 PM

Mar 2021
Akil29 said:
@Potatoboy11 THATS JUST NOT HAPPENING💀

can't a nigga have some hope?
Nov 1, 2023 8:51 AM
Oct 2021
What "IF" Toei Animation? 🤔
Nov 3, 2023 4:50 AM
Oct 2021
Just Imagine if ufotable animated it.

though that's not happening cz they are 100% into demon slayer now.
Nov 4, 2023 4:36 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Infernalization
Either Bones or Mappa.

Both would be good options.
@Infernalization Noo, Mappa would not be a good option given how chaotic JJK's production is.
Nov 10, 2023 9:21 PM
Sep 2022
Don't really care who does it. Just happy to be getting a season 3.
Nov 11, 2023 7:04 PM
Aug 2022
@fudish123 have u seen the recent jjk episode. It's peak. I know the production is in shambles bit mappa still produces exceptional animation
Nov 12, 2023 7:15 AM

Jan 2021
Rip_Lazarus said:
@fudish123 have u seen the recent jjk episode. It's peak. I know the production is in shambles bit mappa still produces exceptional animation

That's why it should not be Mappa. They are overworking and underpaying their staff. They worked their asses off and managed to deliver quality animation which could be even better with proper management, so no, I would not like to see Mappa animating this.
Nov 12, 2023 7:34 AM
Aug 2022
fudish123 said:
Rip_Lazarus said:

That's why it should not be Mappa. They are overworking and underpaying their staff. They worked their asses off and managed to deliver quality animation which could be even better with proper management, so no, I would not like to see Mappa animating this.

fair enough

(character limit)
Nov 14, 2023 1:03 AM
Jul 2018
Peenutz said:
Bones is the ideal studio for sure always has been always will be. We need the mob psycho team

It's an Excellent disigen!
Nov 14, 2023 10:05 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to Ristic17
I heard somewhere that bunnywalker will animate 3rd season
@Ristic17 Now i'm excited
Nov 24, 2023 10:34 AM

Oct 2016
I love how it's all theories lol
No one knows what studio yet, stop making shit up.
Nov 25, 2023 11:16 PM
Jul 2015
Studio orange will be good.
Nov 29, 2023 8:28 AM

May 2021
Reply to Shiraishiku
I love how it's all theories lol
No one knows what studio yet, stop making shit up.
@Shiraishiku What's your problem bro . Our fathers/mothers work at Bones studio and we know that they will animate season 3 . If you didn't want to learn the studio that will animate this ... why are you here ? For attention?

Nov 30, 2023 2:34 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
@Shiraishiku What's your problem bro . Our fathers/mothers work at Bones studio and we know that they will animate season 3 . If you didn't want to learn the studio that will animate this ... why are you here ? For attention?
@Yubisoft Stop lying, it's obviously MAPPA.
my grandma has been working at MAPPA Studio and she said that OPM S3 is MAPPA's big project
Dec 4, 2023 12:10 AM
Jan 2022
A credible and popular leakster got suspened from twitter for leaking Mappa as OPM S3 studio. Kindly dont disregard on the big sacrifice that leakster made. Its Mappa 100%. I can bet 1000$ for it.
Dec 13, 2023 11:25 AM
Jan 2022
ERENRa7 said:
@Ristic17 Now i'm excited

Well, who the fuck are you? 🤨
Jan 5, 2:00 AM
Aug 2022
Maybe it's gonna be Village Studio(Muratas new animation studio) and MAPPA and Bones
It's the most ideal outcome. Both MAPPA and Bones deliver top tier animation most of the time and Murata has a lot of experience as an artist. But him working together with a studio who have working with one or both of the studios in the game would make OPM have better animation realistically.
MAPPA have been linked to this ever since production started in Aug 2022. Bones have a very good relationship with ONE and have already animated one of his works and have also been linked to this.
Murata is the mangaka who drew OPM and has just started Village Studio, makes sense if he wants to animate OPM.
Both MAPPA and Bones have huge projects lined up already and Murata isn't very experienced in animation(from what I know of).
It makes sense for all three to combine all their resources, staff and money together to make OPM. Especially since it will be hard to adapt it faithfully(in terms of animation).
GRG3Jan 5, 2:16 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Don't expect anything from J.C. Staff ( 1 2 )

This_is_Rahat - Feb 29

83 by SimpLife »»
Sep 25, 1:33 AM

» Can this season cover the Saitama vs cosmic garou fight?

Hickykissy - Aug 1

17 by deg »»
Sep 23, 4:35 AM

» JC Staff again? ( 1 2 )

Luuji222 - Aug 9

51 by lostinparadise_ »»
Sep 22, 4:32 AM

» Hero Visual #07 — Atomic Samurai

OvergrownRover - Sep 5

13 by Kevin_28 »»
Sep 7, 10:18 PM

» animation... ( 1 2 3 )

monke_guy - Mar 7

132 by Luuji222 »»
Aug 9, 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.