Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2023 4:51 AM

Oct 2013
Neither the anime nor manga are tagged as one. Should I expect any?
Feb 25, 2023 6:05 AM
May 2022
dadnaya said:
Neither the anime nor manga are tagged as one. Should I expect any?

It is more about self-discovery and platonic love than romantic love ! In the last chapters there has been more talk about romance but i doubt it'll be in the first season of the anime
Feb 25, 2023 8:09 PM
Sep 2020
it's a subplot but not really the main focus of the manga. don't expect a lot of it
Apr 1, 2023 9:51 PM

Jul 2015
no romance. there are people who keep selling it as a romance/romcom and i just wonder if they even read the manga. there are romantic elements but very rare and most likely wont be adapted anyway (even in the manga its not a romance yet). its a coming-of-age slice of life
Apr 2, 2023 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
Kagura-chan said:
no romance. there are people who keep selling it as a romance/romcom and i just wonder if they even read the manga. there are romantic elements but very rare and most likely wont be adapted anyway (even in the manga its not a romance yet). its a coming-of-age slice of life
I've heard this about many canonical yuri manga/LN only because the romance developed rather slowly and gradually instead of jumping around different yuri bait tropes.
Apr 2, 2023 2:49 AM
Oct 2021
RobertBobert said:
Kagura-chan said:
I've heard this about many canonical yuri manga/LN only because the romance developed rather slowly and gradually instead of jumping around different yuri bait tropes.
there is no yuri bait in this one, not at all. Not much development in the romance area, however people caught feelings here and there. Friendship and school life are still the dominant themes.
Apr 2, 2023 3:16 AM

Apr 2012
nushrathumaira said:
RobertBobert said:
there is no yuri bait in this one, not at all. Not much development in the romance area, however people caught feelings here and there. Friendship and school life are still the dominant themes.
I obviously didn't mean that it was yuri, but that people often confuse the slow and gradual development of romance with its absence. Also, this manga is officially sold as high school romance
Apr 2, 2023 1:59 PM
Oct 2021
RobertBobert said:
nushrathumaira said:
I obviously didn't mean that it was yuri, but that people often confuse the slow and gradual development of romance with its absence. Also, this manga is officially sold as high school romance
sorry I misunderstood. There goes the problem with misguided marketing, frustrates me but I guess it’s good as long as manga sale increases.
Apr 2, 2023 2:09 PM

Apr 2012
nushrathumaira said:
RobertBobert said:
sorry I  misunderstood. There goes the problem with misguided marketing, frustrates me but I guess it’s good as long as manga sale increases.
Misdirected marketing is when an all-female anime receives an LGBTQ tag on Western resources due to yuri shipping. In this case, we have a typical show from friends to lovers.
Apr 2, 2023 2:38 PM

Jul 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kagura-chan said:
im not sure what you mean. i just meant that based on what will adapted in 12 episodes, it shouldn't be recommended as a romance when their interactions are very platonic so calling it a romance will just people the wrong impression. even within the manga
Apr 2, 2023 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
Kagura-chan said:
RobertBobert said:
im not sure what you mean. i just meant that based on what will adapted in 12 episodes, it shouldn't be recommended as a romance when their interactions are very platonic so calling it a romance will just people the wrong impression. even within the manga
People consider the characters to be a canonical couple even just because they are friendly with each other, so what will change here?  Another thing is that there will be no typical romantic stuff here, which will obviously disappoint those who expect SoL content from romance.
Apr 2, 2023 6:39 PM
Sep 2022
This is a slice of life anime with a lil element of romance. Romance is not focus but still you should read the manga and watch this. What I like about skip to Loafer is their frienship. Btw, the latest chapter shows how Shima defended Mitsumi chan from those gossip girls. There's a hint that shima is jealous hehe. 
Apr 4, 2023 6:47 AM

Jul 2021
I bet the people who thinks this is romance hasn't read the manga lmao, it's more SOL oriented
Apr 4, 2023 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
hm.... Sometimes
Apr 4, 2023 2:16 PM

Dec 2015
From episode 1 it is pretty obvious that the guy likes the girl. With the girl not pictured as someone beautiful. Where he more likes her because of her behaviour ... that seemed attractive to him. He just doesn't realize that he might start to like her even more.

Of course I don't know the manga. But what someone said above when he talked about yuri manga ... might be true. Personally I prefer if romance is only hinted at - since too much focus often ruins the plot. (Bad writing then. Look at all those generic shounen and shoujo romance.) I bet if the guy is not insanely horny around the girl pretty early then people don't think he is interested - and mark it a s" no romance" lol. :P
Apr 4, 2023 2:30 PM

May 2017
There are elements of romance but its not really in your face, the romance in this series is a really slow burn.
Apr 4, 2023 4:29 PM

Jul 2015
I really hope it's not, because not every anime needs it.

Apr 4, 2023 5:01 PM

Sep 2020
Judging by the first episode and the OP look like this one gonna have some romance element in it.
Apr 5, 2023 2:52 AM

Apr 2012
I'm still surprised how people deny romance here just because it's SOL or because the story doesn't try to make romance the main goal of the story. Realistically, it's like you've never read a friendship manga where the characters start out as friends and gradually develop relationships.
Apr 5, 2023 7:08 AM
Apr 2021
Well, if you see in livechart, they showed romance tag
Apr 5, 2023 12:22 PM

May 2018
Taking only the 1st episode into account, I can definitely see some romance happening at some point in the story, but doesn't look like it will be the focus.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 5, 2023 12:41 PM
May 2011
oMg! wHaT IS wRoNg wItH pEopLe? WhY cAn't theY jUsT bE fRieNds!?!?!?!!? nOt EverYthinG hAs tO bE RomanCe!1!!!1!!

Just kidding. Really annoying, isn't it?
Apr 8, 2023 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
Fail_Man_X said:
oMg! wHaT IS wRoNg wItH pEopLe? WhY cAn't theY jUsT bE fRieNds!?!?!?!!? nOt EverYthinG hAs tO bE RomanCe!1!!!1!!

That "not everything has to be romance" part is very much true.

Apr 10, 2023 5:14 AM
Jul 2022
Watching the first episode, it seems like an obvious romance. The 2 MCs are clearly infatuated with each other. It’s probably one of those where opposite sex friends do everything together, grow together, and inevitably realize their feelings are beyond friendship (the non platonic feelings are plastered all over in episode 1).
Apr 10, 2023 11:11 PM
Aug 2020
From the first episode I can see how you might think of it like that, and it's definitely a factor in the overall plot. As someone else said, if you read the manga you'll agree with it being more of a SoL just because it doesn't follow that shojou-esque romance clique. Their infatuation with eachother isn't overdone in my opinion to make it 'look bad' if it doesn't end up being a typical happy couple ending, but with that being said it's still definitely an exploration of highschool romance, hence the tags. 

I can tell you now though it's not one of the 
opposite sex friends do everything together, grow together, and inevitably realize their feelings are beyond friendship
storylines you might be thinking of. 
there's a meaning to that
Apr 11, 2023 12:01 PM

Sep 2020
CQLLIST said:
I bet the people who thinks this is romance hasn't read the manga lmao, it's more SOL oriented
But have seen first 2 episodes of the anime.
Apr 11, 2023 12:16 PM
May 2011
Piromysl said:
Fail_Man_X said:

That "not everything has to be romance" part is very much true.
That's not the point, and you know that.
Apr 22, 2023 5:34 PM
Apr 2021
Well i think this anime maybe have romance, but just little bit

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

236 by anii_squid »»
Sep 4, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

135 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 21, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

140 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2023

174 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

210 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.