Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2020 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it looks like they're cutting down the comedy compared to the recent episode. Now there's the cast and military going up against some tough monsters together in a collective battle.

There's also emphasis on character relationship that seems to remain important for this show, like between Miyako and Sonoka. What a cliffhanger, damn.

Nov 7, 2020 8:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn that end is sure going to be interesting, a lot of tension in this episode...
Nov 7, 2020 8:45 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, that was pretty awesome. Crazy turn of events.

Poor Sonoka but I understand why she wasn't allowed to fly in the past.

Odin is totally not letting on what the truth of the pillars and whole the attack is. So that big giant inside the pillar is Thor? He's resurrecting dead soldiers and Valkyries. Must be a real kick to the gut for the Valkyries seeing their old comrades attacking them. :(

The next few episodes are gonna be intense.

In other notes, where can I get myself a copy of that Valkyrie magazine?
Nov 7, 2020 8:48 AM

Jan 2014
Oof.

Love the set up, next episode is looking very intense. Cannot wait for next week honestly.
Nov 7, 2020 9:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thats quite the impressive force that they amassed for this op. Its nice that Claudia got to see her two dear friends Leyli and Lizbet again after so long. The fame of Claudia and her two friends though sure is impressive Europe's top three aces huh. Nothing fazes Miyako it seems even when meeting veteran S rankers. That briefing though sure was impressive. While it showed just much humanity has lost in the war against the pillars both in friends and in territory it also showed well the determination of both the soldiers and the Valkyrie's in avenging such losses. Hmm so the day that Yayoi and Sonoka lost the rest of their squadron was the day that Yayoi sabotaged Sono's plane in order to protect her huh. Though it was for a good reason the emotional toll that it put on her sure was tough. The exterior battle to secure a route to the pillar was pretty fun but it was the battle inside it that was the most interesting with the advent of their powers to raise the dead. Overall an interesting ep that while doing well to showcase the long awaited op to subdue the Fuji pillar and properly introducing Claudia's two friends also did well to expand upon the pillars as well via the intro of their interior space. The raising of the dead though by the giant Thor sure was a brutal move. And im beginning to wonder just whose side is Loki actually on though. Looks like the girls will have to face their ghosts next ep thats for sure.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2020 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
Wow. Great episode!

And damn, what an ending. So that giant was Thor. Judging from the title of next week's episode, things will not go well for the girls.

Nov 7, 2020 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
After all the comedy from previous episodes, it's finally time to get to the serious stuff with another Pillar assault and not just the Tateyama and Iruma air forces, but the entire military together as a collective.

I'd swear everytime that Odin shows up for more infodump, he's just drawing shade and death flags over and over until "victory" is for certain of these suicide missions.

On the topic of Sonoka and Big Sis "Helmwige" Yayoi Amatsuka, really can't blame her for facing such a tragic outcome, and the same consequence can strike twice, but karma is different.

Some good action once again, and more than this particular Pillar having past human carcasses, like Odin mentioned: the Ragnarok is coming. A giant Thor, and past "raised from the dead" enemies, this'll be interesting.
Nov 7, 2020 9:26 AM

Feb 2019
I’m so concerned rn because there’s been so many death flags over the past few weeks, and with the dead being used as weapons by the pillar, I can’t see a way that everyone makes it out alive :(

As expected, Odin knows a lot more than he’s letting on. If that’s Thor inside the pillar, is Odin using the humans to fight his war against the other Norse gods? I hope we get some answers soon. Great episode as usual.
Nov 7, 2020 9:36 AM

Feb 2020
What a shock ending for this episode!!
I can't wait for next week!!!
Hopefully the main characters won't die...
Nov 7, 2020 10:50 AM

Sep 2019
No fanservice in this episode :( It looks like this is starting to get serious.

Nov 7, 2020 11:01 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, the pacing felt too slow. But its fine. They let the real motives of Amatsuka played behind the screen, trying to sabotage Sonoka's plane and prevented her to enter up to the battlefield. However, its stupid if you thought that no one didn't overheard. Yes, its her, and the others girls. They finally knew whats goin on between them, even forcing Amatsuka to told the dark history, about her former teams that being torn apart without mercy. Thats the war state you got, girls, and its pretty cruel.

Lucky for Amatsuka that still able to survived. But, on these battlefield against Fuji prime Pillar, she feel that the death flag already welcomed her very well. A sacrificing method to end her life? Well, i know nothing xd. Also, about the other Valkyries too. Such a shame they didn't let that pretty girls introduced themself at a proper screen time. Well, i hope they had their time when its come, or else, its such a waste of potential to expand the feel into the other side character.

Oh well, let focus to the fantasy supernatural elemental being that already fascinating in front of them. Thor, Odin's said at the background, and that thing can revived the Valkyrie planes from the past to fight against them all. Good. Its awakened the nightmare for the girls, and it might led into an intensed aerial combats soon, full of wrath. So, be careful, girls! Don't be so reckless inside the enemy territory!
badabassNov 7, 2020 11:08 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 7, 2020 1:45 PM

Mar 2020
It looks like there will be a lot of the good stuff next episode.

Wasn't too fond of this weeks episode but good entrance to the next weeks episode. The inside of the pillar seems stacked with powerful planes and Thor...Thor...epic. An exciting battle next episode.

OK episode :)
Nov 7, 2020 2:02 PM

Apr 2015
After two rather unusual and silly fanservice episodes, the drama and action returns and damn was I not prepared for that ending. Not only is the truth out why it's going so rough between Sonoka and "Helmwige", but damn these death flags... If anything please kill off Helmwige

I swear this Odin person is pulling these strings nicely, he knows so much more than he's letting on and I still don't trust him one bit. About time that we saw more names from the Norse Mythology.
Nov 7, 2020 3:01 PM

Jun 2017
That went from 0 to 100 real quick at the end. Hopefully the battle will be rad.
Nov 7, 2020 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
The final episode was very good, this episode left me stuck, I hope they defeat the giant.

Nov 7, 2020 6:23 PM

Oct 2020
Such a great episode.

The atmosphere have been serious now.Army of Walküres seemed to be in an inferior position.Ragnarok in the Norse Mythology had a bad end but I don't want to see main character's death...Odin's expressions are so weird that I can't inhibit my suspection that he had to do with the pillars.

Can't wait for the next week!
[/url]
Nov 7, 2020 7:13 PM

May 2020
I really don't know how to feel ... This was supposed to be sad and shocking, but I just ended up disgusted. This doesn't feel like a good offense, it feels more like "hey, let's kill all the Valkyries."

And that's sad, I was enjoying so much the show, until the last 2 chapters.
Nov 7, 2020 7:58 PM
Jan 2017
Warlords of Sigrdrifa reaches the haflway mark with a surprisingly good episode! The dramatic tension and the emotional stakes increase exponentially as we get some explanations for the animosity between Sonoka and Amatsuka, and the episode delivers a genuine sense of uneasiness and dread as the heroines realize this particular battle has become harder than expected. It actually took 6 episodes for this show to kick into high gear. Better late than never, I guess. This episode leaves Warlords of Sigrdrifa in a pretty good spot and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 7, 2020 9:36 PM

Oct 2017
Wow Amatsuka used to be a Named and Sonoka's the youngest Named candidate, that was surprising.

Damn so the villain behind the pillars was Thor himself, nice twist. Also dang using the corpses and planes of dead Valkyries is just nasty.
Nov 7, 2020 11:38 PM

May 2018
Alright, it's time for the humans to finally defeat the Pillars once and for all!
Except we are only at the halfway point, so of course things go south pretty fast. Can't wait for the next ep!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Nov 8, 2020 4:25 AM

Jun 2020
Finally! First episode that I can call at least good with faith that it gets only better from here.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Nov 8, 2020 8:41 AM

Dec 2016
So we finally reached " halfway point" of this series/season and we can assume that this battle will take big chunk of remaining episodes... with probable "ragnarok" twist at the end because I still don't trust Odin (I mean Odin is God of War in mythology not god of peace).
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.105/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.183/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.101/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.11/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.74/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.61/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 8, 2020 10:11 AM

Sep 2019
Really good episode, so many valkyries together fighting side by side is really cool.
Nov 8, 2020 6:06 PM

Sep 2019
This episode just elevated this show to a different level of critical
Nov 8, 2020 10:54 PM

Oct 2016
Fuck, look at all those wrecked planes and the amount of death flags this show has piled up is equal to that fuck. As much as death is rad and shit, I want a happy ending for these characters or at least the main four.

That speech by the commander was nice, I felt that. Odin's speech on the other hand, all I felt was sus.

Damn, Amatsuka was only protecting Sonoka which is understandable. But, wow Sonoka is the youngest named candidate she could have been the key to victory back then ya know.

I am not looking forward to what's gonna happen next episode, hopefully it's not tragic. Fucking Thor.
Nov 10, 2020 12:28 AM

Oct 2007
this episode is a mixed bag for me. The skinny guy in white uniform talking + the Sonoka drama are the most boring parts of the episode, literally almost make me close eyes in sleep + want to turn off the video.

Odin standard scheming bad guy speech..

but the best parts for me is when the dead started flying their planes, and Thor is shown.. he looks badass. Those scenes saved this show from being dropped. And I look forward to the next episode! :)
Liddo-kunNov 10, 2020 4:20 AM
Nov 13, 2020 6:47 PM

Oct 2008
for sure this is an intense episode!
up next would probably despair!
5/5.

Nov 13, 2020 8:56 PM

Nov 2011
Odin is garbage. However when he said "Thor" I kinda got shivers. That was a powerful moment.

Wonder how they will fair fighting the dead.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 17, 2020 9:08 PM

Apr 2020
It turns out that in Pillar Fuji there are many damaged planes.
Jan 16, 2021 4:18 AM

Apr 2020
Without the power of Odin, humans can’t fight with the pillars. If they use it, I’m afraid that Odin is up to no good and eventually someone will die. Oh no, it's so hard for humans.

Feb 21, 2021 3:37 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty reasonable thing Miyako did to protect the really young Sonoka.

I knew something suspicous would happen with Odin getting off his lazy ass, that bastard probably knew about the 'zombies' and the giant (with pretty cool design) inside the pillar.

Jun 14, 2021 1:42 PM

Feb 2020
Probably the best episode yet. I liked the drama between Amatsuka and Sonoka. She just tried to protect Sonoka which is understandable.

That bastard Thor is playing mindgames with everyone by resurrecting dead soldiers and Valkyries. What a nasty move.
Mar 14, 2022 10:43 PM

May 2020
Back to the main case, all Valkyrie over the world going to Fuji pillar and will blast it. Thor is a robot? lel. Zombie plane Mars 2 still flying right there. Graveryard plane is such a disaster. Time to real battle.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

119 by Flores2412 »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

36 by Gamer715fto »»
May 28, 2023 12:04 PM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2020

67 by Lolicon »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:11 PM

» To remind you about this show, close-up faces SS here~

sharosharo - Mar 15, 2022

2 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

63 by sharosharo »»
Mar 15, 2022 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.