Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2019 5:57 AM
Jun 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The sequence before the OP made me think that Rin would get disappointed at Masuko which causes drama and makes her doubt her abilities or something. I hope this episode will end up with Masuko learning to write less gossipy articles.

Did the lunch lady (who is also the headmaster or something) give Masuko FREE LUNCH? I mean, she or her guardians could have paid beforehand in a form of tuition or something. But still, it's been established in earlier episodes that the Cures buy food with their lunch money. Nah, but to be fair giving out free lunches sometimes won't really put that much of a dent in the school's cafeteria.

I wish the show had some foreshadowing in Masuko losing club members, though. That is, in her debut episode she should have been introduced with a full team until she loses members as the episodes go by. Maybe I'm remembering things wrong. Maybe it has been implied that her club used to had more people before? Ah, whatever. Maybe I'm expecting a little too much.

This is the second time in which a villain turns a notebook into a Kowainaa. Although Masuko calls it a newspaper in the subs.

Also, DID NOZOMI SING THE ORIGINAL PRECURE'S OP?

The ED theme is now changed. And apparently, they fixed the ED on later episodes (i.e. the characters just pause in this episode's ED animation).
Dec 17, 2020 2:40 AM

Jul 2017
This is my favorite episode so far. We've seen that Masuko has been working solo all this time, that she can be bull-headed, and write gossipy coloumns with no journalistic integrity, but now she's actually facing consequences. And the way she mentally beat herself up for all her past mistakes snowballing into her ending up completely alone brought me to tears. I also love how she doesn't resolve things by patching things up with her old staff and, presumably, friends. They've left, and if she wants to keep working on the paper, the only thing she can do is swallow her pride and do the vulnerable thing- ask for help.

The fight animation was incredible in this episode, as well as the choreography. The cures were fun as usual. Honestly, I wondered why Nozomi didn't volunteer to work with the paper? Masuko already considers her to be a friend, or at the very least they're friendly with each other at school. And Nozomi shines the brightest when she's helping others. I don't know, maybe her attention span wouldn't be cut out for the job or something? Anyway, a wonderful episode. My absolute favorite so far.
Feb 9, 2021 12:32 AM
Feb 2018
At first this episode felt a little off, we've seen that Masuko have no respect for the people she's interviewing and doesn't value privacy, so why would she suddenly feel bad over what she did? Then we see her past and all that lead up to this point then it's like ohhhhh so that's what happened. Although I'm still surprised the Cures actually wanted her to continue considering they might get their identities revealed eventually. Urara was pretty good at shutting down all the privacy related questions though.

Nuts gets criticized a lot in-universe but I feel like he's the one that actually thinks the most, if Masuko wants to quit then they should respect her decision and let her do so.

Also Nozomi singing the opening lmao. Not really a fan of the new ending song but hey, I'm loving the new animations. The first ending barely had any. Even Coco and Nuts are dancing!
CWCFeb 9, 2021 1:41 AM
Aug 30, 2021 7:59 PM
Oct 2019
Damn, Masuko is actually a realy cool character and this episode was actually touching, she lost more and more friends due to her obsession with her work. Her lookig at that first article of a found dog she written with her friends whom now she has lost was legit sad, especially considering that article was a sweet story, that kind she hasn't written in a while.

Great episode all around.
Jan 1, 2022 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
The ending from Splash☆Star. I wasn't ready for that ^^
Oct 17, 2023 4:48 AM

May 2015
Masuko-san's charadev is pretty surprising.
May 15, 9:59 PM

Dec 2022
dang, Masuko abandoned all her friends to climb to the top, but it payed off, she got an exclusive with the Pretty Cure 5!
"I'll introduce them to you sometime" Lol
holy crap, bonus Splash Star ED!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 49 Discussion

Mat2468xk - Mar 8, 2019

10 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 21, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 48 Discussion

Shocked - Sep 29, 2020

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 21, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 47 Discussion

Petite_Tomoyo - Aug 31, 2014

9 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 21, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 46 Discussion

Petite_Tomoyo - Aug 28, 2014

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 21, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 Episode 45 Discussion

Petite_Tomoyo - Aug 27, 2014

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 21, 2:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.