Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2017 8:33 PM
Berserkfan69

May 2017
I honestly don't understand how it would make sense for the MC to pursue an intimate relationship with Isla.

I saw it coming, the ending and everything just from the first episode,...but I thought there would have been a legit reason for the main romance. The MC befriending Isla so that she wouldn't feel lonely
would have been far more believable.

When I realized that the MC was really that dumb I thought that at least one character would be smart enough to wake him up to the facts.

Also another thing that annoyed me,...if giftias go "Berserk" when they reach their expiration point (and going berserk doesn't seem to be that uncommon of an occurrence), then why the hell would they make them so strong that they could easily massacre a crowd of people?
Jan 5, 2018 10:30 AM

Jun 2012
By far, the most annoying side characters in any Anime I've ever watched.

Currently on Episode 10 and it's literally just ruining the Anime for me.

Kazuki and the Orange haired bitch just makes the Anime insanely hard to watch. Almost droppable.

Japanese people must have a different type of humor if they find these personality types funny. I actually can't describe how badly I want to slap both of these girls.
Jan 5, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
The premise being dumb kind of limits the characters.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 6, 2018 4:40 AM
Dec 2017
So basecly he is stupid because he got intova relationship where he knew that it won't last long?what is stupid about that?lmao
Something is better than nothing lmao
It is like saying it is dumb to get into a relationship with someone with cancer who will die soon
If it makes him happy to be with her even for a short time nothing is wrong
Jan 6, 2018 4:41 AM
Dec 2017
And they aren't that strong (almost as strong as a human )
They are strong enough to help in any type of duties
Jan 9, 2018 4:00 AM

Aug 2011
kirakiii said:

idk.. if Zack can go through a wooden door with his body, theyre pretty strong lol. (See manga).
Jan 9, 2018 5:45 AM
Dec 2017
stefeman said:
kirakiii said:

idk.. if Zack can go through a wooden door with his body, theyre pretty strong lol. (See manga).
welp anyway even uf they were even stronger it is still not stupid because they are made to help in different types of missions
Protect people help people ....and to make sure that their body won't be destroyed slowly during those dunno how many years
Jan 24, 2018 1:56 PM

Aug 2017
yup they all idiots if that was me i wouldn't bother caring for those stupid machines...whats the point they'll die soon anyways i mean 9 years.
The mc is way to sensitive too he cares way to much about those damn robots its not like they human nor anything they'll be gone really soon so...
Mar 4, 2018 12:11 AM
Nov 2015
My thought of this topic are more about the company SAI, they can produced these androids to have human emotion, sense and pain receptors, even hearts, but not have a partition drive for memory backups. Even very early versions of pc had ways to backup memory!!

But hey I guess even the most simple ideas get put aside when trying to make what is essentially a sexbot.
Aug 30, 2018 6:12 PM

Aug 2016
The scifi elements are the show are simply a contrivance to set up the theme which is loving someone until their time is up. Tbh I don't know why they used this contrivance instead of simply using a terminally ill patient or something that makes more sense. Perhaps there is a bit of fetishism going on.

As for the Mc falling in love with Isla, love is a funny thing and you don't exactly get to choose who you love. Plus to be fair for like half the show he wasn't even aware of Isla's timespan and was already kind of developing a relationship before he was told.
Aug 22, 2019 9:18 PM

May 2019
kirakiii said:
So basecly he is stupid because he got intova relationship where he knew that it won't last long?what is stupid about that?lmao
Something is better than nothing lmao
It is like saying it is dumb to get into a relationship with someone with cancer who will die soon
If it makes him happy to be with her even for a short time nothing is wrong

Perfect.

It just happened with a person who i knew (cancer). It is natural try to give the most of love and affection possible in the last moments, not the opposite, not avoidation (as attempted that coward Kazuki)

Otherwise, Isla would stay in deep depression until her end. (yeah, that's how she was when tsukasa meet her)

The background of actions and reactions around the main plot (the last moments of a loved person) in this anime was pretty realistic.
Rob7Aug 22, 2019 9:26 PM
Apr 22, 2020 1:50 PM
Mar 2016
I think the reason they were made so strong is because they are meant to be all-purpose robots. They are then fine-tuned to meet their current needs. As to why they wouldn't just have different models, i.e. homemaker and construction, makes no sense. Especially if you consider the recycling aspect.

Those doubtful of this power should rewatch the first episode. Isla breaks through a metal awning and a dumpster and is completely fine.

All the people in other threads are also way to adamant in it being a repurposed Isla at the end too. Clearly a masculine hand, and they could easily get a different used unit.

All that said, I thought the premise was really dumb too. Their relationship didn't feel organic at all. Even in the last episode, Tsukasa struggles to come up with reasons why he loves her. They simply spend almost no time together. There aren't many moments of compassion or protection to hold onto either. They kiss as she dies and barely ever hold hands. They don't really have enough time together to even really be in love. Without the time limit, they might've broken up in another month if his reasons were: because shy cute loli.

This show would've been way better if her timespan wasn't revealed until after they already started getting serious. Then they could've run away together in denial, and slowly watch her go insane and kill Tsukasa before she's taken down. Now that would be sad. But this... I couldn't connect with this at all. Isla was really cute, but I honestly didn't care much for her or any of the other characters.

I don't really understand why their approach creates more overhead. Do they lose money with each appointment? Otherwise, they're still working the same amount of hours. A more believable complaint would be, "Your numbers are still below quota." I also don't understand how Isla was their best retriever if Giftias never change beyond their OS parameters. So many freaking plot holes. What was even the point of bringing in the black market group and R Security? Take out both, have Marcia go beserk early, replace R Security with the police, and you have the exact same situation with far less wasted time.

Another one of the "Top Best Sad Anime," that wasn't very sad.

EDIT: Also just how long does one month last? It was about 3 at the start of the show, but when she got down to 1000 hours, she just said one month over and over and over again. Like I swear at least 10 days passed and she was still saying it. Oh and they should have gone on vacation too.
DarkdaxterApr 22, 2020 1:55 PM
Apr 25, 2020 9:35 AM

Apr 2019
Well, if you remember correctly, the MC did say that it was love at first sight in the very first episode, and at that time, he didn't know that she was a giftia.
And talking about intimate relationship, I really can't see what happened in this anime as "intimate".
At the end of the day, I don't think the characters are dumb.
Rem is best girl

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

536 by NimbleBard48 »»
Sep 14, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

207 by leodnz »»
Sep 9, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

177 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

159 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

144 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.