Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 24, 2017 11:05 PM
Feb 2016
What is this? Lol really have no clue anyone know some info???
Sep 24, 2017 11:09 PM

Mar 2016
The third recap movie?
Sep 25, 2017 12:48 AM

Apr 2016
Oh look damn Code Geass movie that is not even close to be aired is already in database, but Kobayashi special (which is 100% better btw) and its already out is still pending the damn approval...
Sep 25, 2017 1:10 AM

Nov 2015
Swagernator said:
Oh look damn Code Geass movie that is not even close to be aired is already in database, but Kobayashi special (which is 100% better btw) and its already out is still pending the damn approval...
I like Kobayashi too but to say it's 100% better than Code Geass is beyond me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
AX3M said:
Swagernator said:

Are we talking about the Special itself? than yeah i agreed
Sep 25, 2017 5:17 AM
Jan 2017
LordPonczek said:
Really continuation of season 2?
I'm also quite surprised. I think that he's dead anyway. Pozdro
Sep 25, 2017 5:57 AM

Dec 2015
Summary of season 2
~
Sep 25, 2017 6:07 AM
Nov 2015
kubajk said:
LordPonczek said:
Really continuation of season 2?
I'm also quite surprised. I think that he's dead anyway. Pozdro

Yeah, I think trying to come up with some convoluted explanation for him being alive would ruin the impact of the ending. It's one of my favorite shows because of the ending. So unless they're taking it a new direction without Lelouch or they have some miraculously good writing explaining away his supposed non-death, I'm not buying it. (either way, it'd just be a cash grab at this point)
Sep 25, 2017 6:28 AM

Sep 2012
Let me explain this case:

Swagernator said:
Oh look damn Code Geass movie that
is not even close to be aired is already in database, but Kobayashi special (which is 100% better btw) and its already out is still pending the damn approval...

AX3M said:
Swagernator said:

OT: Damn they really had to make so many movies? Now we will need an order like monogatari.
Sep 25, 2017 6:41 AM
Nov 2015
(I actually heard this MAL entry is for a season 2 recap movie, not season 3, whoops. though I have heard about a season 3 happening so this is kind of relevant).

Abajur said:

TL;DR: A third season probably ruins the impact of the ending for new people watching, but I don't think it should be allowed to ruin the ending for people who already liked it before.[/color]

That is a fair point. Maybe "ruin" was a poor choice of words, I do agree that a 3rd season is a bad idea unless they do something amazing with it. I'm usually of the opinion that one or more bad sequels shouldn't ruin the original, because one simply has to choose not to watch it or they can disregard it if they want and still enjoy the original. But you're right that it would still have an impact, especially on new viewers.

Oh well, guess we'll have to see what happens.
Sep 25, 2017 6:49 AM

Apr 2016
sasalx said:
OT: Damn they really had to make so many movies? Now we will need an order like monogatari.

People are dumb, they need watch order if there is more than one season already.
Sep 25, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2015
So instead of the third season we'll have this movie?
Sep 25, 2017 10:40 AM
May 2017
is this the reborn ?
Sep 25, 2017 12:58 PM
Nov 2016
wait is there a season 3??
Sep 25, 2017 4:32 PM

Mar 2012
kinda ot but did you guys receive 9 notification from mal for the 3 movies as well? lol
Sep 25, 2017 6:48 PM

Feb 2011
glamazon said:
kinda ot but did you guys receive 9 notification from mal for the 3 movies as well? lol

That's exactly why I'm here. :\
Sep 26, 2017 2:52 AM

Sep 2015
BLASTd3s said:

Three films to recap the previous two seasons before launching the third season which is Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch. Hope that answers your questions.

Sep 26, 2017 4:11 AM
Nov 2016
@Mako thank youu :) although...why 3 movies for recap? I mean i get it if they show us something different but...you watch seasons 1 and 2 before the 3rd right? it's kinda pointless. Anyway i'll wait and see first
Sep 26, 2017 4:23 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
BLASTd3s said:
@Mako thank youu :) although...why 3 movies for recap? I mean i get it if they show us something different but...you watch seasons 1 and 2 before the 3rd right? it's kinda pointless. Anyway i'll wait and see first
because there's going to be new scenes to try to make sense for a season 3, because really, it didnt need a third season.
Sep 26, 2017 4:28 AM

Sep 2015
BLASTd3s said:

"Each movie will feature re-recorded dialogue and new scenes" according to MAL. A movie recap isn't made just for the sake of old fans, it is also a good way to introduce new audiences to the franchise. And dividing 50 episodes into 3 movies sounds right to me. I'd be disappointed if they tried to squeeze everything into just one movie.

Sep 26, 2017 2:47 PM
Nov 2016
mhmm. I get it. You have a point. I like your profile pic btw.
Sep 28, 2017 11:17 AM
Oct 2013
bakakoro said:
What is this? Lol really have no clue anyone know some info???

Recap movies basically with some new scenes
Sep 30, 2017 1:58 PM
Sep 2017
SPOLIERS for CODE GEASS! DO NOT READ IF U HAVEN"T SEEN IT!

For those of you who do not know wheather Lelouch is Dead or Alive.

Lelouch DID die, and got reborn with the Code. Backstory: In order for a Code to activate, the owner has to first die with a dormant code. We see evidence of this with Lelouch's first encounter with charles in that alternate realm. People with the CODE cannot be controlled by geass (We see this with C2) But charles was controlled to kill himself by Lelouch even after he took V2's Code. (We see this with the subtle red rings around charle's eyes) Then he shoots himself and DIES, but comes back and then he reveals the code. Charles brought Lelouch there to get himself KILLED. So now fast forward, Lelouch has Charle's Dormant Code inside of him, then DIES to Suzaku and then is reborn with the CODE. (Another time we see this is when we see C2's Backstory, in the shot that she was all bloody after she killed her master, we see 2 separate blood trails, showing that C2 has also been wounded. They also have shown us the scar on C2's chest over her Heart implying she had a FATAL wound. So in that moment we saw, C2 also DIED and was reborn.)

TL;DR Lelouch died then got revived by the Code.

Also, the theory is that he has BOTH the Geass and the CODE, so he is an Immortal who can still use GEASS. The theory on this is that, typically when you take the code from somone who GAVE you the geass, then the Geass turns into the Code, but lelouch took the CODE that was not linked to his GEASS, and so he has BOTH of them. Hence: CODE GEASS

It isn't something that they pull out of their backside when they reveal it, and ofcourse as of right now it is theory, but the answer is sprinkled through out the Anime.
Oct 13, 2017 9:23 PM

Feb 2014
they need to make it at least somewhat relevant again before doing a real sequel

also, these dates for the movies are pretty soon for a movie. I guess they intend to reuse a lot of content, or they just have a really big budget so they're speeding up the releases that way.
Oct 15, 2017 5:22 PM
Nov 2011
Abajur said:

TL;DR: A third season probably ruins the impact of the ending for new people watching, but I don't think it should be allowed to ruin the ending for people who already liked it before.[/color]

I'm simply going to ignore the third season for the main storyline
I'll probably watch it but I'm treating it as a spinoff
I have 0 hope for it being any good given the writers latest works though
Oct 15, 2017 5:24 PM
Nov 2011

you realize that this is a sequel after 10 years right? and that the writers previous works have been literal trainwrecks after S2?
This is a simple cash grab, nothing more or less.
Dec 19, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2015
Mako said:
BLASTd3s said:

Three films to recap the previous two seasons before launching the third season which is Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch. Hope that answers your questions.

I sure hope we get a continuation to the story and Lulu being alive..
Jan 1, 2018 7:02 AM
Jan 2018
WHERE IS MY LELOUCH OF THE RESSURRECTION???!!!
Jan 20, 2018 4:16 PM

Sep 2010
CyclotronX said:
WHERE IS MY LELOUCH OF THE RESSURRECTION???!!!

Last I heard they were still working on the screenplay so I think its safe to assume it won't be released until 2019. But at least we have the movies and the spinoff web manga to hold us until then!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 20, 2018 1:17 PM

May 2013
ProjectSheeno said:

You are probably the only person I've come across with this exact same theory. I told all my friends this when I was in High School and all of them were like "Nah man, he's dead". Too bad I'm not in High School anymore, if this was announced like 4 years ago I could've told them "Haha I was right!"

Also you can hide spoilers using the [ spoiler]SpoilerHere[ /spoiler] BB code (no space between the brackets though).
Apr 9, 2018 4:55 PM

Sep 2010
Last movie is going to be either really good or a hot messy shit. Still will watch the sequel to see how my favs are doing, but I'm not really hyped for it honestly.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 25, 2018 10:47 PM

Feb 2016
ProjectSheeno said:

This is the best theory I've read, and I really like how all that makes sense with the name itself, if the writers pull something like this, damn, will be mindblowing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch III - Oudou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kisaragi - May 26, 2018

59 by Ricky16 »»
Jun 16, 6:22 AM

» Did they have anything about Season 3 in this? Hints/Teasers/News?

FreshPrinceof3H - May 27, 2018

7 by aurora_yuuki »»
Jun 29, 2023 2:29 PM

» I understand NOTHING of what I'm seeing in this movie...

CursedFein - Sep 24, 2020

2 by Khunime »»
Mar 10, 2022 10:46 PM

» Is this just a recap?

PxHC - Jan 13, 2022

9 by AJRavi03 »»
Jan 30, 2022 7:06 PM

» Did they redub and reanimate this or is it a cut and paste of the series?

mechian - Aug 7, 2019

1 by dxtremecaliber »»
Oct 18, 2019 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.